New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

8 hours ago, obua said:

Seats are a neat fit so a full row has to be completed.Its not easy to locate all the coloured seats at the moment so they will be swapped in time.

So we are having the badges on the seats?? I thought they were all maroon 

Different Class

3 minutes ago, campbell said:

Clearly yes, we are 

Edited by Different Class

34 minutes ago, campbell said:

Wheres that Selkirk Jambo chap...he must have posted about 51 times that the seats would be all maroon!

Talking to a guy I know who is the supervisor for security told me that they have been told that it should be Tynecastle for the 5th but to be prepared in case it is murrayfield as they need extra security. 

29 minutes ago, millano77 said:

Talking to a guy I know who is the supervisor for security told me that they have been told that it should be Tynecastle for the 5th but to be prepared in case it is murrayfield as they need extra security. 

So the security supervisor reads the press then.

Selkirkhmfc1874
31 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Wheres that Selkirk Jambo chap...he must have posted about 51 times that the seats would be all maroon!

All maroon seats was certainly original plan so can only think since scott Gardner didn't make order on time Anne's changes it

siegementality
31 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

All maroon seats was certainly original plan so can only think since scott Gardner didn't make order on time Anne's changes it

Ann has previously stated she is a stickler for uniformity so there was no way the new stand would not have badges like the other three.

Bloody hell, I feel like I'm the only one who loves the badges, it's great having a unique design that represents the club instead of just blocks of colour or a sponsor 

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Bloody hell, I feel like I'm the only one who loves the badges, it's great having a unique design that represents the club instead of just blocks of colour or a sponsor 

Agree 100%. Add individuality and class.

Just a minor point for those that don't organise stuff. 

Murrayfield on 5 Nov needs to be prepared for now. As a contingency. Including all the staffing. Including security staffing. 

As a contingency  

4 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Cant wait to come back home for the festive period so looking forward to seeing the stadium.

Just been mate

it is awesome and really don’t get why people have any complaints

photos, although welcomed, really don’t t do it justice

it is so imposing when you think what was there before 

workmen hard at this morning too

looking forward to the plot ceremony today and a look at the inside 

Edited by BelgeJambo

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Murrayfield on 5 Nov needs to be prepared for now. As a contingency. Including all the staffing. Including security staffing. 

As a contingency  

We must be getting near the Go/Nogo point given what would need organised. 

If a sponsor comes along and wants to pay 100-200 grand for the seats to say "Umbro" or "puma" or whatever in plain old Maroon and white for a season. So be it. We need to take every commercial edge we can in this game

im actually looking forward to taking all these opportunities so that in 4-5 years time we can actually say that the stand has paid for itself and all of the currently injected money is effectively making its way back into the clubs pockets so that those sitting on the seats can see a better product on the pitch

Magnifique

The Future's Maroon
5 hours ago, jamdunc said:

Grey, same as other stands

Sorry, my comment was dripping with sarcasm but I forgot to add a smiley.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Are you sure your information is accurate there, because I don't believe it is.

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Is that big yellow crane lifting the roof sections?

Yip. ?

Just now, Tiger said:

On a Sunday!?

I wasn't asking if it was doing it necessarily today but more if that was what it was still there for.

Why not a Sunday ? from other posts there are lots of workmen on site today and there were when I attended the Plot Ceremony about a month ago.

zoltan socrates
2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

On a Sunday!?

When nearing completion most building sites are the same, theyll be working thru the night as long as they arent causing noise to surrounding residents

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I wasn't asking if it was doing it necessarily today but more if that was what it was still there for.

Why not a Sunday ? from other posts there are lots of workmen on site today and there were when I attended the Plot Ceremony about a month ago.

I was only asking the question to see if they are working today.

Just now, Tiger said:

I was only asking the question to see if they are working today.

Not sure about the crane but there are plenty of others working which I am sure we will see soon once the photos start coming through from those at the plot ceremony today.:thumbsup:

13 hours ago, haggis58 said:

My picture taken today.

P1010670.JPG

Love the maroon strip along the top lip of the stand, Hanging down in this pic at the end - possibly an LED strip?

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That first photo...

Brilliant photos, many thanks much appreciated

On 17/10/2017 at 12:24, Currahee! said:

Why are you reminding us?

58 minutes ago, Boab said:

Thanks.

What most people are after.....photos and great progress.

Brilliant photos eh? 

I was a wee laddie when Tynie was redeveloped in the 90's and i didnt understand the reasons for not doing the old stand at the time, or the sentiment attached to it. 

As sad as i was to  see the old stand knocked down, i feel like a wee dream has come true here!

Edited by Heidthebaw

Maybe I'm overegging it a bit but this is surely got to make a hell of a better impression on potential signings. Migh even help push one over over line. 

4 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Maybe I'm overegging it a bit but this is surely got to make a hell of a better impression on potential signings. Migh even help push one over over line. 

Thought that too. Its a proper arena now. I'd tip me over the line. If walker signs on when he hears the new noise then we have oor answer lol ?

Elias Henry Furst
1 minute ago, Normthebarman said:

It absolutely will help on that front.

Look at the facilities of the Oriam also. 

The passionate, indimidating atmosphere of a completely redeveloped Tynecastle alongside training every day at Riccarton, both of which are in Scotland’s capital city, will help us attract players without question.

We will be the envy of many.

Montgomery Brewster
15 minutes ago, Heidthebaw said:

Brilliant photos eh? 

I was a wee laddie when Tynie was redeveloped in the 90's and i didnt understand the reasons for not doing the old stand at the time, or the sentiment attached to it. 

As sad as i was to  see the old stand knocked down, i feel like a wee dream has come true here!

Old stand never got redeveloped as we didn't have the money . If we did it would have been done then 

Just now, Montgomery Brewster said:

Old stand never got redeveloped as we didn't have the money . If we did it would have been done then 

Haha yeah i get that but as a seven year old football clubs were these big rich places. ?

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

As a contingency  

Just as a side issue, there was a busload of stewards from Birmingham yesterday as well as Newcastle.