New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

15 minutes ago, yabadabadoo1874again said:

Great picture...wonder how much those flats are going for now !!? 

1 beds available for 485k. 2 beds for 750k. Really is crazy down here

55 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Ha ha ha nice picture of my better side there, Macduff will love that as well.

:thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-face-race-against-time-to-get-new-stand-ready-for-killie-1-4591443

i know they are doing their best but still think the club could have been more honest about the expectations from the start! 

That story is just another rehash of the bbc one, with CL saying the club are working to get the stand ready but that there's a contingency plan in place if it isn't. The expectation seems to be very much that they'll have it ready.

Fxxx the SPFL

Tynie will be bouncing on 5th November I'm usually a glass half empty person but on this occasion I'm supremely confident that it will 'lets make some noise'

Geoff Kilpatrick
30 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-face-race-against-time-to-get-new-stand-ready-for-killie-1-4591443

i know they are doing their best but still think the club could have been more honest about the expectations from the start! 

Why do you think they are not honest?

Selkirkhmfc1874
33 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Club been honest from start , regular updates from Mrs budge and I believe another one in next few days planned 

6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Remember when Captain Questionmark’s trolling was less obvious and tedious? Good times.

No.

51 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Just wanted to quote as it was 51 minutes ago :)

Just to put this into the context of a few recent civil engineering projects in Scotland, the Parliament was delivered late at 10x the original budget, the Queensferry Crossing was 9 months late and it's still not running properly, the Edinburgh Trams opened several years late at twice the budget and half the size.

So to be delayed by a couple of months with a circa 15% overspend is pretty good going. Indeed the fact it's been built at all by a historically skint club is nothing short of a miracle!

1 minute ago, Craig_ said:

Just to put this into the context of a few recent civil engineering projects in Scotland, the Parliament was delivered late at 10x the original budget, the Queensferry Crossing was 9 months late and it's still not running properly, the Edinburgh Trams opened several years late at twice the budget and half the size.

So to be delayed by a couple of months with a circa 15% overspend is pretty good going. Indeed the fact it's been built at all by a historically skint club is nothing short of a miracle!

Glad someone said it! 

fabienleclerq
58 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

What have they been dishonest about? We all knew it was a tight schedule. Aim for September you might have it done by November, if we'd aimed for December it defo wouldn't be ready earlier.

yabadabadoo1874again
1 hour ago, Dalstonjambo said:

1 beds available for 485k. 2 beds for 750k. Really is crazy down here

Gulp...!!!  Half a million for 1 bed cor blimey indeed !!! ???

1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

:laugh: 

Trust you to come out with stuff like that

I’m not worried if it’s not ready for the 5th. I see the long term picture of what we are getting. It’s a miracle we have managed To get where we are in a short space of time. It was only this time last year we started knocking stuff down. I work in construction and know delays are inevitable with some issues completely out your hands I.e planning, utility connections etc. We are getting there and it looks like it’s coming together nicely.

9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

This one? (Click below to open)

Real shame we couldn't get that 23k we had hoped for. That would have been ideal.

11 hours ago, Taffin said:

The Emirates is a cracking looking stadium imo. Especially at night when you go by on the train.

11 hours ago, socrates82 said:

It does look like an office block partly as there are offices in it, but then it also looks like a stadium as most modern stadiums seem to have some sort of glass facade like this. The Emirates for example looks worse than ours IMO with the badge over the plain concrete. Ours looks more office blocky because it's a smaller stadium so you don't have stand tiers visible above the offices, which makes it very obvious it's. stadium. But as we all know Tynecastle is a stadium anyhow it shouldn't be a big deal! Imagine Arsenal's there without the stand tiers above..

Arsenal-outside.jpg

Same as Arsenal our stadium is firstly a place of entertainment.Tynecastle differs in that ours houses pre school Education facilities,a health care facility,retail.Administration plus no doubt more.Unique.

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

No shortage of what you could put up on the glass frontage whenever we want

IMG_3851.PNG

Thats better. The last effort had hibs players in green strips on the glass front. Not having that filth on our frontage. 

10 hours ago, ManMoth said:

Sorry to correct you but I've just read that the last Leitch part of highbury was demolished in the 1930s when the art deco stand was built by Ferrier and Binnie, who were also Scots as it happens

I wonder if Ferrier is related to Derek Ferrier of Hardies who is the heid gadgie on our build.

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

What have they been dishonest about? We all knew it was a tight schedule. Aim for September you might have it done by November, if we'd aimed for December it defo wouldn't be ready earlier.

I just think they knew they would not be ready for September before starting it! 

As I've said on another thread, I will be away in November and December quite a bit, so will miss many of these re-arranged games when back at Tynecastle.  Had I known this would be the case, I maybe would have thought twice about getting a season ticket this season.

And I know several others who are in the same boat!  Just not too happy about it to be honest!

gorgie rd eh11
2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I just think they knew they would not be ready for September before starting it! 

As I've said on another thread, I will be away in November and December quite a bit, so will miss many of these re-arranged games when back at Tynecastle.  Had I known this would be the case, I maybe would have thought twice about getting a season ticket this season.

And I know several others who are in the same boat!  Just not too happy about it to be honest!

:teehee:

4 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Going anywhere nice?

3 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

You're at it!

I wonder how many accounts a certain select few trolls have on this forum? :whistling:  

7 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

It's as if we weren't made aware a year ago that we would be playing the last few games away last season and the first few away this season.

12 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Never mind you can all have a drink together in the boat.

52 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Same as Arsenal our stadium is firstly a place of entertainment.Tynecastle differs in that ours houses pre school Education facilities,a health care facility,retail.Administration plus no doubt more.Unique.

Doesnt matter if your stadium is cutting edge, 60k, all the mod cons etc, it comes down to the people who fill it and that makes The Emirates a shit ground and is what hopefully will make Tynecastle immense. 

17 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

There are no rearranged games apart from the swap for the Partick game from home to away and vice versa. Our fixture list was done months ago with plenty time for you to grizzle and gripe your way around.

Sure you'll do the decent thing with your several others and release your tickets back for resale.

Perfectly entitled to my opinion.

And just because I don't like the way it's been handled, doesn't make me any less of a hearts supporter than anyone else!

When I bought my season ticket, I knew I could make most games.  But since the changes have been made I might only make a handful of them.  And It's not the same watching the games at Murrayfield.  Again, had I known there would be a number of games played there, I could have just got the ticket when I knew I could make it, rather than buying a season ticket.

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Real shame we couldn't get that 23k we had hoped for. That would have been ideal.

Yes. The whole stand would have came out to the glass facade and wound have been a little taller. Our last hope is the wheatfield with it not so close to the houses. Would need to purchase some land from the distillery though.

9 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

And just because I don't like the way it's been handled, doesn't make me any less of a hearts supporter than anyone else!

When I bought my season ticket, I knew I could make most games.  But since the changes have been made I might only make a handful of them.  And It's not the same watching the games at Murrayfield.  Again, had I known there would be a number of games played there, I could have just got the ticket when I knew I could make it, rather than buying a season ticket.

Have a great time on your holidays. Will it be raining In December?

1 minute ago, BigC said:

IMG_4759.JPG

IMG_4762.JPG

IMG_4763.JPG

Big C, the 2nd photo there is the best one I've seen on this thread so far.  Cracker mate.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

No shortage of what you could put up on the glass frontage whenever we want

IMG_3851.PNG

has to be done- going forward.

broxburnjambo
10 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

You are entitled to your opinion, however you are  less a Hearts supporters than most. If you supported Hearts you wouldnt care where they played.  It's about supporting the team not the environment we play in. You were given plenty notice of changes, enjoy your break and allow the supporters to support our team

Just now, Heartsofgold said:

Big C, the 2nd photo there is the best one I've seen on this thread so far.  Cracker mate.

Yeah

There was another good one yesterday from same angle 

9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I bow to your superior knowledge (and Wiki which I just checked :compute:)

I'll confess to knowing nothing, I thought "it doesn't look very Leitchy" so I looked it up!

45 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Suck it up. We're gettin a new stand and in the grand scheme of things that's far more important than your petted lip ??

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

Suck it up. We're gettin a new stand and in the grand scheme of things that's far more important than your petted lip ??

:thumbs_up:

13 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

At the end of the day, whether it looks good or bad is a matter of personal taste. I think it looks pretty average when viewed from directly opposite the centre of it, but when viewed from towards either end, with reflections of its environment in the glass facade, I think it looks fantastic. 

I'm sure everyone will be agreed that it's a big improvement on how that side of McLeod Street looked before the whole project started, with the 60s buildings and dump of a car park in front of the old stand.

As you say though, with the amount of money available, it was never going to be possible to create a design masterpiece! 

This is exactly where I am.

It's neither shite nor amazing.

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

How many have been  re arranged since the original date, tho?

Just Partick?

3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

How many have been  re arranged since the original date, tho?

Just Partick?

Yeah

Previously back in June we had 7 home fixtures in Nov / Dec

Now we have 8

Edited by Mikey1874

I really want the stand to be ready for the Kilmarnock game but if it's not then so be it, it's not the end of the world and it'll be worth waiting for!