New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

spencer-moaning-in-the-rain-and-rubbing-More what I was getting at...

I'd recommend you keep that sort of practice internal!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Following on from afar at the moment. Hopefully the lads get the breaks to get the job done. Tremendous job. Always a tight time scale magnificent efforts 

The Future's Maroon
50 minutes ago, Marcus Cicero said:

I do think the ' Tynecastle Park' looks too small. This mock up looks a lot better - would be easy to change 

IMG_2636.JPG

No, it would not be easy to change, we would not get the appropriate consent for that. 

Hopefully now the badge is up those not happy about the size of text previously can now see it fits in very well. Very well shown in Jamboelite's pica few posts above.

22 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

From the main stand page.

A13B0D40-5CC2-4211-87A7-F42F76D486BA.jpeg

Whoever took that must have been standing outside my old stair door.

EH11 2LA Baby! :wub:

3 hours ago, KineticBeat said:

People getting in such a state about how the stand looks from the outside is highly amusing. It could be the shittest stand in the country and I wouldn't give a toss. As long it increases the capacity and revenue streams of the club then it has done it's job. We were never going to get an architectural masterpiece with £12-15 million and if we are being honest it looks alright and is an improvement on what was before it. It is certainly unique within Scottish football.

I am in love with the thing though because of what it symbolizes. Three to four years ago a new main stand would have been filed in the "not in my wildest dreams" category. The fact it's being built is a huge symbol on the recovery the club has taken since Administration and a testament to the fans who helped save it. For that reason alone, it's beautiful.   

At the end of the day, whether it looks good or bad is a matter of personal taste. I think it looks pretty average when viewed from directly opposite the centre of it, but when viewed from towards either end, with reflections of its environment in the glass facade, I think it looks fantastic. 

I'm sure everyone will be agreed that it's a big improvement on how that side of McLeod Street looked before the whole project started, with the 60s buildings and dump of a car park in front of the old stand.

As you say though, with the amount of money available, it was never going to be possible to create a design masterpiece! 

Can anyone find the thread when it was 1st spoken about regarding maybe getting a new stand. 

Would love to read back all the comments then.

This really is an amazing sight considering we had only just come out of Administration and talk of any  new stand was seen as pie in the sky!

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Those letters in that completely random artists impression would take up the entire view out of the Sky Lounge out towards the view of the High School.....and the Castle. :)

2 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

When I see brick-built stands I think of this:

(Should make our most famous antipodean poster feel homesick).

(I worked in there now and again over the years.)images.jpg.c94cb1c73eea98388d9cff047ae0aa28.jpg

That looks like a prison to me!

Who cares what it looks like! It’s built and almost ready to rock!

God bless Queen Ann and all of us who have made it possible.

I for one have a a semi!

3 hours ago, SUTOL said:

The Maltings. 

ibrox2.jpg

Ibrox. 

97394075.jpg

;)

Apart from the part of the cantilever roof that's visible, and the sevco branding, I think the front of that stand at ibrox is a good looking building. I also think the Maltings is a good looking building. I think some people just look down on it because it has an industrial heritage, for some reason. 

5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Apart from the part of the cantilever roof that's visible, and the sevco branding, I think the front of that stand at ibrox is a good looking building. I also think the Maltings is a good looking building. I think some people just look down on it because it has an industrial heritage, for some reason. 

The Maltings looks like it wouldn't look out of place in New York.

4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The main stand at ibrox is correctly held up as Leitch's last remaining masterpiece, it's a magnificent building

King Of The Cat Cafe
18 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That looks like a prison to me!

Close.  It is two steps before prison.

1 hour ago, JamboAl1965 said:

might end the office block nonsense

It does look like an office block partly as there are offices in it, but then it also looks like a stadium as most modern stadiums seem to have some sort of glass facade like this. The Emirates for example looks worse than ours IMO with the badge over the plain concrete. Ours looks more office blocky because it's a smaller stadium so you don't have stand tiers visible above the offices, which makes it very obvious it's. stadium. But as we all know Tynecastle is a stadium anyhow it shouldn't be a big deal! Imagine Arsenal's there without the stand tiers above..

Arsenal-outside.jpg

Edited by socrates82

1 hour ago, JamboAl1965 said:

this do you? seen as it's his birthday today. Credit JABLO for the main stand pic, hope you don t mind

PH.jpg

No probs at all JamboAl.  Looks tremendous!

13 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

It does look like an office block partly as there are offices in it, but then it also looks like a stadium as most modern stadiums seem to have some sort of glass facade like this. The Emirates for example looks worse than ours IMO with the badge over the plain concrete. Ours looks more office blocky because it's a smaller stadium so you don't have stand tiers visible above the offices, which makes it very obvious it's. stadium. But as we all know Tynecastle is a stadium anyhow it shouldn't be a big deal! Imagine Arsenal's there without the stand tiers above..

Arsenal-outside.jpg

The Emirates is a cracking looking stadium imo. Especially at night when you go by on the train.

9 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Arsenal-outside.jpg

Some photos from the Wolkswagen Arena from my trip there last year. Lots of frames/caps on display, but I sincerely wish we had chose darker glass and dark frames/caps.

13E9E32E-0CA9-420D-9EBD-BE407D235790.jpeg

0F5DC6FF-A8DB-4BE7-B09B-41340A07B1A2.jpeg

7137E23B-6F45-4762-B251-885034926FD0.jpeg

493C82FA-6D4D-49BC-9B7F-8B4BB9C6BA0A.jpeg

A3409AAB-21E8-4B99-AA38-761CFBDE48E8.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The Emirates is a cracking looking stadium imo. Especially at night when you go by on the train.

Yep, looks fantastic all lit up at night - as I'm sure Tynecastle will too.

The Emirates is pretty bland the rest of the time though. The pictures of club legends on the outside really save it.

3 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Yep, looks fantastic all lit up at night - as I'm sure Tynecastle will too.

The Emirates is pretty bland the rest of the time though. The pictures of club legends on the outside really save it.

Harsh. I quite like it. Just a bit plasticky feeling inside.

D70D2741-A9D2-4EFE-BB90-501093B1D276.jpeg

0F1F5BD3-7F1E-4E38-859D-97DB6B02E29D.jpeg

F6F0D845-DB66-4327-B1A2-03075361787E.jpeg

C1AB370B-2FC6-4FD4-965F-E5724DB02B46.jpeg

On 13/10/2017 at 19:36, maroonlegions said:

Stopped reading when i got to this bit.."a well kent Hibby and a decent fella" 

Well kent Hibby.

Decent fella?

:gok:

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I'm sure it is but we're focusing on one part of Tynecastle - the glass facade that to me looks no different from other glass facades on other stadiums.

All roads lead to Gorgie
27 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

How it looks now, the Archibald Leitch stand at Highbury and the new build.

highbury-square-arsenal-62.jpg

The Gunners are my London team but The Emirates is not my favourite stadium. I like stands that are square at the back like Tynecastle and not bowl shaped like Arsenal's. Old Trafford and Anfield at least keep some form of traditional shape about them despite modernisation. 

Wolsfburg arena looks a bit like a railway station in the bottom photo.

As for Tynecastle for the relatively low cost it is looking excellent. Compared to the past its best old stand with tacky extensions, the semi derelict 1960s social club building and waste ground car park it is wonderful.

9 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Wolsfburg arena looks a bit like a railway station in the bottom photo.

As for Tynecastle for the relatively low cost it is looking excellent. Compared to the past its best old stand with tacky extensions, the semi derelict 1960s social club building and waste ground car park it is wonderful.

The road I was on when I took that photo is raised above ground level at the stadium. The whole surrounding area is really flat and Open-plan. There’s an ice-rink, leisure centre, indoor sports courts, etc. Their old ground is now the womens’ team ground.

Edited by Ryder

48 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I like that they've treated Highbury with some respect. Here in alkmaar they knocked everything down and just put up blocks of flats around the space where the pitch was with nothing but a small plaque to say it was ever there - took me ages to track it down 

13 minutes ago, ManMoth said:

I like that they've treated Highbury with some respect. Here in alkmaar they knocked everything down and just put up blocks of flats around the space where the pitch was with nothing but a small plaque to say it was ever there - took me ages to track it down 

A double tiered Leitch stand shadowed by a brand new top tier would have been something else.

Great that we can incorporate the old brick work throughout the new building though.

Edited by hughesie27

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

A double tiered Leitch stand shadowed by a brond new top tier would have been something else.

Great that we can incorporate the old brick work throughout the new building though.

I think you just described the club deck at ibrox!

Agree with the second part, even though I'm still a bit aggrieved that the tree got bummed instead of a nice warm atrium to live in - at least we kept something

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Sorry to correct you but I've just read that the last Leitch part of highbury was demolished in the 1930s when the art deco stand was built by Ferrier and Binnie, who were also Scots as it happens

2 hours ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

Can anyone find the thread when it was 1st spoken about regarding maybe getting a new stand. 

Would love to read back all the comments then.

This really is an amazing sight considering we had only just come out of Administration and talk of any  new stand was seen as pie in the sky!

This one? (Click below to open)

Edited by Mikey1874

Erm I won’t say I told you so

What I will say is that a busy site is rarely an efficient site - a lot of disruption and delay re different activities at the focal interfaces.

Some right weird ****ers on here.  Absolutely desperate to criticise the club for anything.  Some creepy wee gimps crying because the badge had a crease on it.  

4 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Some right weird ****ers on here.  Absolutely desperate to criticise the club for anything.  Some creepy wee gimps crying because the badge had a crease on it.  

:pleasing:

Lucille's Thirsty

I know people have their own opinions and all that. 

I couldn't criticise anything about our new main stand nothing at all,  just think about what was there before and it's night and day.  We almost weren't here a few years ago and now not that any of them will admit it, we're the envy of all Scottish clubs apart from old firm.

We should all be pulling together get behind the club you love and we'll have a chance.

HHGH.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, ManMoth said:

Sorry to correct you but I've just read that the last Leitch part of highbury was demolished in the 1930s when the art deco stand was built by Ferrier and Binnie, who were also Scots as it happens

I bow to your superior knowledge (and Wiki which I just checked :compute:)

Gavsy Van Gaverson
57 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

:spoton:

Coburg Hearts

Took those this afternoon, though they are much of a muchness. Thought I'd put them up, anyway. A guy leaving the site told me I had just missed seeing the badge lit up, but it had only been so for a few seconds. You really do need to see it in person, it is fantastic, and I'm looking forward to now  reading that bounced thread about when building a new stand was first mentioned.

GV6CcDnX2ms3NRYY31-vpJOSTSrEdtT17TC9plNSdWr-S9A118A7tuEUQd2EiTFlZIrYYjFlvfTqFqIrrWRRH3lOZZlT4Yzu4O6UParPFp-CmfNBjcKeiyhUQ3w-FMbDEbUecPd0_QFMhGwjyLf94uhzfw9GKIOPjTRSzZcijS2Vs3H-tghBEi3h_sifMCQKuewIvn7wPN8d7vL4MvVarzFoHAHwizRAlR_Y_HRnbZVxqf8PCzpfvYg7-SBWWEjeSLEgW4s85_FjDAkuXze3nOWs1F7w-KZi2VXdkYOtYF3oiyUJG6Oe6KrMSM6fFskflrX8JIDgFDF-N0jElkt70G30ntZR3U7pUbDwrb5lTqrvDUINTTkCE9QeHFYU_olOUhCiq7MpShw3r5QS_zIBLdpzBswcyTlZ3YXbXSgr47gQbxH7yq7Wti1Mi1Gow47yW05XdNWwkc1insIQcbYr7NtAnwkRi0Tma3BJ0aUWuEE57fm0YJNhaIVEYFp4rt4srVzRjEVSytSat_pZTDLrwaPmboSqzRs5jg0H9TysRxVn20feZSLS2RdGlhPbLfHa_t06qvwGb_vdZsNVU7vjdd50ykoeH6SkQku6dq8RCv8=w368-h653-noRMpigRdbju0TZ9m17eLzVtwRLUzs7NLKOKZLkY82535h2Ne30GPgIFZmSlBu1VTqx6YJ8-DAzLuTq9Tx3jNoPAYE8Q42eBIDqssynMkbChwm6QGjv0Qb3OzhriIsQB2DQYUvmh6MwgF7GOz5QDJcddl1UjXldQFrVI-OZc754uuU4QklBZIkMAoA3acZyxmYisB7IqWSkwV9K6JI8JhAEM4gfJAF0PcLM1OP8efOxxp6mjrW1s5T3LYZg8qLq_C-CM4MNpyoQ5GE5i0jKvxFdXD0kvW86wl_twVrpdgtX1lwnOQyIrY3Bh8jqIsOJ89vfKAWIw4USL2Hyt_mzqPDfjm2Vplg0pGcqYYibuzIfkHSXxaQMvBEFquzPLjmcxz8Z9Fx2b12f06AcjTn0bKEwHh1QZ9p2iaPHrf4-6nduaduuhoB2Q6ybLwckOaGDsulIKPNBYPZkriplCvq_6GrZtYPAwUiKbG-LQuC_Aqtpbf7yVBv7UETv35UfHz1-pOCaca5rk7NjMoMxrzOyywjxKnFVNUV6F7_jpvYUdEbaITfHTz_eQOaa8AHdr2jtAdqVtWzW1_BeF4x2wXatkpbJQTFNhf0nLMwaC4x9hSW5r0=w368-h653-noTH0a_ShR7IqjPyvgHgLGuak9VhZWA4GemjizOBuqa4zK458shzWWeWYtoZhOARMFcwC6PM0QMtsLSIk5MKeouMdXg6KCYtyINMkGFIZb4TzSbct1r5NgvkpZ7-FO75ta27ckhzT_cMrhMqMBy-K8k35e-wkFUVgXw9Hk_Z6I_TC2Wptb0fQs2vkMAEoO1jwmjT6JC7pWDwLy74192Bss2O4z7eg3ktHPPEBLGDhA7a0LCevqI7sK-F_M94yvDEBwEglattN6osAR3kzp2BDPEwUP_AN22CO-8oKpgxb2oNieXB4Qtr57Qct0x6Tu42Vodp-J8CsGUzC-w41NXnP0PS_GLGQ9hcUu82BCukSjD4A1J354sAI3U7JvbcnlfBH4Y9URRnq8udGewgIQtU4zvllPkpy66DwZaQy2X7WF4Y6adwnlK4tUGtlc-bde8Pjp0Va2lQw8u2bTABBwIUgmHGdNXj-8x3g1COjxxOLUGqPXvI69JWMfLpItAKkCQGJtJijokAt0FiTjHwdrDP1b6gswl2KlbFkicwKY5ejeF6o_ulpCK01fwPVsiy4dFI9ympHRvV7lEwcB9WMGagLj8S98rGrH-yySXhqE6Yg7X48=w368-h653-noXTCAmHf5b9hTiMKDFgSkD0_gXGmgo80oeCXJl0-k_jR2MZw8pIwJqqwIN3HURE69noVwxbi-5C9O-YF0MfP6DlRSvzeYs4DqteqLEH90w7neG5mPDtjXknh8Hk2nM_nCb2dv2MU7dq-gg5VDZ_fmIOxBm1ZDPD4ZdOuUs5Emdya9KWhcWtBHVFEHcFER5HQ8FNtCICe9bXF5jZ92ynitL_X981E4_bRt9PiE-cRyGnmmiCMyWtDHL52F8LkTNPNVeWKDqDKgEprxCrfSCrSqgbFIgt1uko76OcyutdW735d975GUQL5Jb7hKWCd5UEoJRxtA_eQ8Sfbchxj2feTUdI0-ubZJ2fB__tUuNB6Q85CX8IQX7Pd6p88wzmUibsKsOdzneRUS6dh8M1KKuVXYe6hUsvZwy_YdNSgCOjfmOdCeA-f34-TbHq9zK9y_zIx0a_yFtUeoPI9kagdZZPCjcE6VZn5K96uolPtRpc_f2gCycL1_uz7EDjNFmKgBjmxjrcrJVxjJnByeHGJB0LapgedenyOdd6w-WREdSkmwYRofOyq1gu-7ZNIDwShlVPcxarsTZhhPYTG836gZuo4xTIgGQAE1KtiU9sUGH3sYp0A=w368-h653-nonS90ee8q8poWGJjsPS0S5wGU3F9nM3rZoQP1TIUsI97SdCirVcEJP5Jw6IwGDwiIx9Vu_c7rm4QwVL22g4w_aZFr7OJEuEzlMq0w_9fMl4gTZLmLL924GBan7h0ut2MuLLJn6WzfUpsi599hk0teD6w6i4JmEcS1VsLRtyOhhsrwphw8eEPxjAVZHc1eLVNmMP061TVPScxaY5WcxFuLg9CbIL708xTOzEyBLUof6uRqNdimJbRzYDSdSWTC50u4dGycyQ42IYrSuk-KBjUCcuH3J2P_qCNF1bvlZbdeOm4Y9IzJxfItqtBnuEGI3jjLxsqWCBGNghfDhnQI2CcMNIqobyAg5GebJX18AlslgIFmRmeKbDG1OG6soeAeoifg1kBCliWSETpeAYsXaK_hb7BhczwEeL85MtOP0AAjpnYMkY9F5iWKQs8uXA5Kl8G-lM5eFwPBQr2NE7kzHSGJBpnNiqlZRMQcLsT2ebzXUwdWnU5grexTxnpBCoothMrvEgs-D3eLbqxokLisJnbVlCp-n1p8McdqmlEQD1X6h_R0j4ZsUYt0QmA-n9AyJ4ry3eMkgdu7DOeLzHEkpRSmqcuN6Adl8rdLR-5fHPROboE=w368-h653-nouVoPSzirxxgWvwDR4-r3kn0bmgNATHXJFrItXpYp33WKlalao9gNxw6os445nU_-LQa5qpjM4jA5kynYC8b1KNVmaAGrcSeOvTmqxS5cI-GLMO-jjD0H_Yn5c79VLnEboLXs5tv6OzKhpxW5hiPjwv9xCdXtbY3zZjK056Rv-XYagcF4PXDg-GDt44mdDr2no8duc3bQ2k6hG7wSq53JTSHsiRxAVsG8W5nP0lT8RPPnY_ZJu5wMs3aIr8SCXD5-F0V5C42LzpB0EhT0Ls_dvcuMiWI3zQdvb4Z9ebBSVZ_oIUEQFGnm8FsVCE5MUjp3jNyWcEnUoU-QNP1Bs-1dFW6U2Iu5M4I0lOx9mDMhm6j-LTLpjCJNXgSurZIpptHpVJ2Guf1BudZU0rw4t22PUGSH6-l1f-z_-0WN6bIA3bTVuuQG3lTtXllhvndUDIlW4XpjhbtYAD9tEd_ZpJw11chgfzsJpkVplKXqzT4h3hRUQfabxrCbAlIG8c6Vqo1xVpOHVGoijNQ9GHgxE5Do0eKc-1PCV2OcWvZ66KVS-NvkT7WYkA4HEyZNXDA86BdqorUnKfUJYZLzFIiCpw-ALayAxnUWN-_c13dpjR50ULw=w368-h653-no

8 hours ago, Ryder said:

Harsh. I quite like it. Just a bit plasticky feeling inside.

D70D2741-A9D2-4EFE-BB90-501093B1D276.jpeg

0F1F5BD3-7F1E-4E38-859D-97DB6B02E29D.jpeg

F6F0D845-DB66-4327-B1A2-03075361787E.jpeg

C1AB370B-2FC6-4FD4-965F-E5724DB02B46.jpeg

Ha ha ha nice picture of my better side there, Macduff will love that as well.

yabadabadoo1874again
8 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Great picture...wonder how much those flats are going for now !!? 

8 hours ago, Ryder said:

Lots of frames/caps on display, but I sincerely wish we had chose darker glass and dark frames/caps.

I think if I was to pick one thing and one thing only I'd like to have seen done differently, it would probably be this.

And yes, before someone wades in, I've heard the reasons / justification put forward on here a hundred times over as to why we didn't - all I'm saying is that a darker façade would have looked much much better.