New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

davemclaren

The rake is already there if they had decided to use the existing enclosure terracing, then build the steeper seated stand behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'If they had' - I can't see the plans changing to that extent between now and the end of the season when the enclosure will be dug up I imagine. Changing the rake of the new or existing stands is not likely to be cheap.

I imagine they want folk to go to their group Facebook page instead (there's a few I think) so everyone sees their name. Attention seeking...

If the person had just wanted credit and was fine with that being added to the post, fair enough, but a take down request when the photo is being used to generate discussion among their own fans is really quite poor!

Luckily there's a few of us on kickback that take our own photos and post them here for all to see and discuss.

Spot on and a fair reflection on all that's wrong with a social media obsessed society.

All about the likes.

Given the subject matter, and the intention of the use of the images by folk - its utterly pathetic. We're not exactly talking professional photographers who are losing income through folk 'stealing' the images here.

Just another thing to be added to the ever growing list of why I hate people.

Its viable because the club nearly went with it when they thought they could increase capacity only the 1/1 ratio stopped this,if i remember correctly it cost celtic about ?250,000 for 2,300 rail seats that included removal of the seats that were there, so basically about 2 months FOH subs, just think it will be something a small minority of fans will push for when we get control of the club,  

Fixed that for you.

The new foh leader is a big supporter of safe standing.

He won't be leader for long then......

bernardbresslawsarmchair

thanx appreciate the help with that your right it may well be a minority so do we just ignore the say 15-20% who would like the choice of standing

Fixed that for you.

th

thanx appreciate the help with that your right it may well be a minority so do we just ignore the say 15-20% who would like the choice of standing

th

Ultimately if 80% say no for whatever reason then yes yes we do ignore it.

Why would you do what only 15-20% of people want ?

Unknown user

th

It. Doesn't. Matter.

It's. Not. Possible.

bernardbresslawsarmchair

I would say we try and accommodate everyone if its possible if the technical reasons given on here about the rake are correct and it cant be done fair enough

Unknown user

I would say we try and accommodate everyone if its possible if the technical reasons given on here about the rake are correct and it cant be done fair enough

It is correct unfortunately, even speaking as someone who'd love the simple pleasure of standing at the football.

People need to give the safe standing thing a rest. I was at the consultation and everybody present made it perfectly clear that it is 100% not going to happen now or in the future. The corners are literally impossible to fill in and the only possible expansion left is at the back of the Wheatfield which would be financially a terrible idea as the cost would outweigh the income benefit by a factor of about 20x over even 10 years.

After the stand is finished, Tynecastle will not get any bigger. The only other option is to move. Judging by the lack of uptake for the Hamilton game compared to earlier in the season I doubt we will fill the stadium for the corresponding fixture next season anyway.

It's not to turn the entire stadium into standing, just a section or two. So 15-20% in favour would fill the section (assuming STs were balloted).

It's not going to happen in the short term, but something for the future perhaps (lower sections of the new main aren't as steep so may be future proofing there).

station_jambo

It's not to turn the entire stadium into standing, just a section or two. So 15-20% in favour would fill the section (assuming STs were balloted).

It's not going to happen in the short term, but something for the future perhaps (lower sections of the new main aren't as steep so may be future proofing there).

Unless Legislation changes then it wont happen. 

Ultimately if 80% say no for whatever reason then yes yes we do ignore it.

Because only 15-20% of the stadium will be safe standing?

I'm on the fence on the matter, that just seemed to be the obvious answer.

station_jambo

To make a point of this 15-20% of the Stadium being safe standing......

Capacity would be circa 20,000.  20% of that is 4,000.

I couldn't see us even having 4,000 seats in the lower section of the main stand with dugouts and tunnel etc being there

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

August Landmesser

People need to give the safe standing thing a rest. I was at the consultation and everybody present made it perfectly clear that it is 100% not going to happen now or in the future. The corners are literally impossible to fill in and the only possible expansion left is at the back of the Wheatfield which would be financially a terrible idea as the cost would outweigh the income benefit by a factor of about 20x over even 10 years.

After the stand is finished, Tynecastle will not get any bigger. The only other option is to move. Judging by the lack of uptake for the Hamilton game compared to earlier in the season I doubt we will fill the stadium for the corresponding fixture next season anyway.

Safe standing needs to take a back seat... 

so it doesn't block anyone else's view...

:tiny:

Watt-Zeefuik

Safe standing won't happen in this incarnation of the stand for sure.  Ann has said this will "complete" Tynecastle, implying no more upgrades.  I don't exactly buy that, and by the time the question comes around I doubt Ann will be in charge anyway.

I also think Tynecastle won't see safe standing under the regulations that the UK government has issued.  They're far too restrictive, requiring available seats for every person standing.  There simply no way to make that cost effective for a club like Hearts -- the point of safe standing should be to provide cheaper tickets for some fans without a loss of revenue to the club. 

I think at some point in the future the next time we revisit the stadium situation, if the UK regulations (or independent Scotland's I suppose) have become more like Germany's, there will be a much greater chance at it.  But I agree for now, it's not happening.

Hackney Hearts

the only possible expansion left is at the back of the Wheatfield which would be financially a terrible idea as the cost would outweigh the income benefit by a factor of about 20x over even 10 years.

Can you explain the 20x figure? If capacity was increased by say 3,000 we would increase income by roughly ?1m per annum. Would the re-build cost ?20m?

(Talking theoretically obviously, as unless we improve on the pitch we ain't going to fill it!)

Can you explain the 20x figure? If capacity was increased by say 3,000 we would increase income by roughly ?1m per annum. Would the re-build cost ?20m?

(Talking theoretically obviously, as unless we improve on the pitch we ain't going to fill it!)

CBA X20  over a 10 year time period  (?) at revenue of ?1 million per season - ?200,000,000 to add a (upper) tier onto the Wheatfield stand ?

Unknown user

Safe standing won't happen in this incarnation of the stand for sure. Ann has said this will "complete" Tynecastle, implying no more upgrades. I don't exactly buy that, and by the time the question comes around I doubt Ann will be in charge anyway.

I also think Tynecastle won't see safe standing under the regulations that the UK government has issued. They're far too restrictive, requiring available seats for every person standing. There simply no way to make that cost effective for a club like Hearts -- the point of safe standing should be to provide cheaper tickets for some fans without a loss of revenue to the club.

I think at some point in the future the next time we revisit the stadium situation, if the UK regulations (or independent Scotland's I suppose) have become more like Germany's, there will be a much greater chance at it. But I agree for now, it's not happening.

Can't agree, the point of safe standing is simply that it's good to stand at the football. I'm sure there would be a significant enough number who would be willing to pay a premium for the privilege too, I certainly would if I was back home Edited by Smithee

Feel very lucky that I can stand where I am at in lower G, to the point where sitting down at away games where you have to feels like a drag (my personal feeling, can understand a lot of people preferring to sit). Only way people could stand in the new Tynie would be to arrange somewhere in the ground with like minded people e.g lower n in the main stand.

I imagine they want folk to go to their group Facebook page instead (there's a few I think) so everyone sees their name. Attention seeking...

If the person had just wanted credit and was fine with that being added to the post, fair enough, but a take down request when the photo is being used to generate discussion among their own fans is really quite poor!

Luckily there's a few of us on kickback that take our own photos and post them here for all to see and discuss.

Indeed. Given that there was an original Facebook group which was pretty popular, but then one individual decided they wanted to set up their own and would only add their pictures to that page.

Sad behaviour when we're all supporters of the same club. No one's gonna turn round and make a "Hearts Main Stand Redevelopment" calendar with pictures stolen from Facebook.

:facepalm:

fireeagle51

Anyone know when the next stage of construction starts. Am I correct in saying it is the main steel structure that will go up and over the old stand

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Indeed. Given that there was an original Facebook group which was pretty popular, but then one individual decided they wanted to set up their own and would only add their pictures to that page.

Sad behaviour when we're all supporters of the same club. No one's gonna turn round and make a "Hearts Main Stand Redevelopment" calendar with pictures stolen from Facebook.

PHMSR

Watt-Zeefuik

CBA X20  over a 10 year time period  (?) at revenue of ?1 million per season - ?200,000,000 to add a (upper) tier onto the Wheatfield stand ?

This is a typo, right?  ?200m to add an upper tier to Wheatfield?

Safe standing is a waste of time and money. Just have a singing section in lower Gorgie where nobody sits down anyway.

Correct, it's worse than sitting. Proper open terracing with adequate stairs and crush barriers is allowed in plenty of other European countries, for me it's the only standing option worth having.

Watt-Zeefuik

Correct, it's worse than sitting. Proper open terracing with adequate stairs and crush barriers is allowed in plenty of other European countries, for me it's the only standing option worth having.

In Germany they call this "safe standing" too. It's the UK's regulations which make it worthless.

Buffalo Bill

I think all that Stuart (Wallace) meant that he was happy to look at the idea in future, as opposed to him being some sort of ambassador for the cause.

I think all that Stuart (Wallace) meant that he was happy to look at the idea in future, as opposed to him being some sort of ambassador for the cause.

Seems a pretty sensible stance to me.

Buffalo Bill

Some of you will have seen this before but I think it's worthwhile sharing here this wonderful colour footage of Tynecastle and its then, 41 year old Main Stand.

It must be just about the oldest colour footage of Tynecastle although on this occasion, the crowd came not for a football match, but for a sermon by evangelist Billy Graham (who incredibly, is still alive today, now 98 years old). Tommy Walker can also been seen in this footage.

http://movingimage.nls.uk/film/3595

- note the beautiful Heart of Midlothian sign on Gorgie Road ***swoon***

Edited by Buffalo Bill

Some of you will have seen this before but I think it's worthwhile sharing here this wonderful colour footage of Tynecastle and its then, 41 year old Main Stand.

It must be just about the oldest colour footage of Tynecastle although on this occasion, the crowd came not for a football match, but for a sermon by evangelist Billy Graham (who incredibly, is still alive today, now 98 years old). Tommy Walker can also been seen in this footage.

I'd never seen that before. Thanks for posting it Bill. :thumbsup:

Some of you will have seen this before but I think it's worthwhile sharing here this wonderful colour footage of Tynecastle and its then, 41 year old Main Stand.

It must be just about the oldest colour footage of Tynecastle although on this occasion, the crowd came not for a football match, but for a sermon by evangelist Billy Graham (who incredibly, is still alive today, now 98 years old). Tommy Walker can also been seen in this footage.

Great video.

Some of you will have seen this before but I think it's worthwhile sharing here this wonderful colour footage of Tynecastle and its then, 41 year old Main Stand.

It must be just about the oldest colour footage of Tynecastle although on this occasion, the crowd came not for a football match, but for a sermon by evangelist Billy Graham (who incredibly, is still alive today, now 98 years old). Tommy Walker can also been seen in this footage.

Some screen grabs:

0769ad9c43.png0769b95247.png0769bce5ac.png0769c84a96.png0769d28666.png0769dbe469.png0769e7bd4a.png0769f23adb.png

STITCH@PIVOT

I couldn't get sound on the film but in case anyone isn't aware, the song 'Blessed Assurance; in Billy Graham's song book is better known to us as the Hearts Song'.. He also 'played Tynie in the 80's and they sung the same.   

STITCH@PIVOT

I couldn't get sound on the film but in case anyone isn't aware, the song 'Blessed Assurance; in Billy Graham's song book is better known to us as the Hearts Song'.. He also 'played Tynie in the 80's and they sung the same.   

Apologies... he was at Murrayfield in the 80's but still sung the Hearts Song.. 

This is a typo, right?  ?200m to add an upper tier to Wheatfield?

It cost less than that to build the Millennium Stadium! 

That being said, it would be very difficult to actually add another tier to the Wheatfield due to the closeness of the pitch and the steep incline of the stand. Any upper tier would need to have be even steeper or the pitch would need to shift towards the new main. 

It would probably be cheaper/easier to knock down replace. A nice two-tier with executive boxes and cantilever design. If we were then able to upgrade the Gorgie/Roseburn at some point, we would be able to look realistically at filling in those corners. (One of the reasons I preferred the cantilever option for the new main stand.  

I started the first FB page and I couldn't care less that there's a 2nd one.

The pictures are great and it saves me having to wade through all the bitching on this thread and the repetitive nonsense about safe standing and filling in the corners.

You have no idea what the intentions of the person posting them are. Maybe they are using their page as a way to build up followers before switching to doing photography as a part time job...

Maybe they are going to hand the page over to the club once it's complete...

Either way, I'd like them to continue, which may not happen if the witch hunt continues.

Fill them (corners) in!!!

Exclusive special seats for away fans only - restricted and totally restricted views! 'Take them or leave them'!

Keep ALL current seats and 'new old' stand seats for Jambos!

Watt-Zeefuik

It cost less than that to build the Millennium Stadium! 

That being said, it would be very difficult to actually add another tier to the Wheatfield due to the closeness of the pitch and the steep incline of the stand. Any upper tier would need to have be even steeper or the pitch would need to shift towards the new main. 

It would probably be cheaper/easier to knock down replace. A nice two-tier with executive boxes and cantilever design. If we were then able to upgrade the Gorgie/Roseburn at some point, we would be able to look realistically at filling in those corners. (One of the reasons I preferred the cantilever option for the new main stand.  

Sure, I'm not saying it's feasible -- I think in the end we'll buy the school and get NB to move their tanks, then rebuild the Roseburn and the Wheatfield together.

I could believe ?20-30m for the extra tier, hence why I assumed it was a typo.

The Future's Maroon

The pictures are great and it saves me having to wade through all the bitching on this thread and the repetitive nonsense about safe standing and filling in the corners.

You have no idea what the intentions of the person posting them are. Maybe they are using their page as a way to build up followers before switching to doing photography as a part time job...

Either way, I'd like them to continue, which may not happen if the witch hunt continues.

It's like a virtual playground on here at times?

I, like many, don't have time to go down to check on the progress even if only five mins away so appreciate the update pics on here.

Unknown user

Maybe this, maybe that, but as soon as you post a photo with public status on Facebook, it's in the public domain forever abiding to their rules

Fxxx the SPFL

I currently stand in section lower and look over to section G and I would reckon that between both there are around 1000 standing supporters and I personally don't think there is an appetite for much more than that. Safe standing will not bring back the halcyon days of the old shed when went crazy at a goal purely because safe standing doesn't allow that you don't have the same freedom to move/sway around. I love standing at games but it ain't going to happen. If we get the product right on the pitch then hopefully the atmosphere will return. My thoughts as an old shedite.

Nucky Thompson

So what difference does it make if someone posts the photos on here for the people who don't mind wading through the pish?

been here before

would love to have that sign reincarnated for the new stand somehwere

I keep meaning to make a much smaller version for the garden. Got a couple of weeks off coming up soon so Ill see uf I can get the time then.