New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Maybe not the back wall then, but I'm positive some internals were being incorporated into the new stand, not just the reclaiming of some bricks.

I have no idea where I heard that. Maybe it was just a suggestion from someone and not actually what is happening.

Maybe not the back wall then, but I'm positive some internals were being incorporated into the new stand, not just the reclaiming of some bricks.

I have no idea where I heard that. Maybe it was just a suggestion from someone and not actually what is happening.

There was an artist's impression of the new hospitality areas in the thread a good bit back and it looked like bricks from the old stands in columns in those areas. Someone, can't remember who, alluded that it was proposed.

I think...!

It's extremely unlikely. It would complicate the design and be a logistical nightmare structurally to retain any of the existing parts of the current stand. Would also add to the cost.

Some of the bricks from the main stand may be retained to clad the internal columns of the restaurant etc. as shown in the planning drawings. Maybe this is where the confusion comes from?

I see the picture below (above) tells its own story on the back wall however; I did hear that some internal walls are being retained which is why the new players tunnel is offset from the centre line as they are ustilising the existing internal structure at that point.

All roads lead to Gorgie

You can see from the above photo that the bottom rows will have to be at a shallower angle than the top section.

Are we sure that's even seating? Might it be a big set of stairs leading to the rooftop terrace or something?

You can see where the roof goes and its way too wide for stairs.

Are we sure that's even seating? Might it be a big set of stairs leading to the rooftop terrace or something?

A terrace you say ?

Safe roof standing anyone ?

rudi must stay

If you look at the other stands. When you are getting a pie or a drink you can see the seating above you. I think it's seating

Buffalo Bill

You can see from the above photo that the bottom rows will have to be at a shallower angle than the top section.

The lower 10 rows will be on a 28 degree angle. The upper 27 rows will be on a 32 degree angle. 

The Wheatfield is on a 34 degree angle.

The security boy kindly let me in to take a couple of pics. These were taken two minutes ago...

a744dc9f64c07737544ef2ac4c8e90db.jpg

ce4f4e864a4545ccf490bfaa988159ea.jpg

4e17b50e68028a3845e9279e8c01de56.jpg

908c33f988e31bdb5f51c1a37ad57c82.jpg

61aca2f15acc1001e505539cfdb6ddc4.jpg

6c3476d093471525b351ba3408c5ac22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Berwick Jambo

The security boy kindly let me in to take a couple of pics. These were taken two minutes ago...

Thanks for the pictures! ;)

highlandjambo3

9 workies there............... :sunny:

Buffalo Bill

Lets hope Ann can find 1 extra seat to take capacity to 20100, just looks better!!

I'm not convinced that 20,099 figure was set in stone. The artist's impression gave no real consideration to the make up of a directors' box or media area.

Edited by Buffalo Bill

b400df6c1b470db63fd88d418875a2eb.jpg

Folk will be amazed at the size once completed. [emoji846]

Very true mate. To be hones I don't think any of our pics can do justice to the sheer size of the structure. It's gonnae be absolutely massive, a main stand to really be proud of :-)

Never expected seats to be that far back ..

Seems very far back from some pictures

Is structure fixed in to ground or still to be moved closer in?

b400df6c1b470db63fd88d418875a2eb.jpg

It will be interesting to see how they demolish the old stand with the new steelwork so close.

Fixed, bolted to the foundations

Edited by kila

Midloth_Iain

I suspect the residents in McLeod Street may be a bit shocked at just how close it is to their windows.   :2thumbsup:

e083ced2cd.jpg

May one-six

The lower 10 rows will be on a 28 degree angle. The upper 27 rows will be on a 32 degree angle. 

I'm hoping there have been calculations done re sightlines with these angles. Currently you get a far better view of the pitch if you're in the lower sections of the Wheatfield compared to the lower sections of the Main Stand. I'd hope that there's not been a compromise made on the viewing experience of some fans, or, if so, I hope the cost of the seats affected will be lower than elsewhere in the ground.

I suspect the residents in McLeod Street may be a bit shocked at just how close it is to their windows. :2thumbsup:

e083ced2cd.jpg

Good point its far back and not a million miles from those houses back windows.

rudi must stay

Some from Hearts twitter:

C9OD-vNXgAAxS9E.jpg

C9OD-vDWAAEbqKe.jpg

C9OD-vVXoAA92Qc.jpg

C9OD-vDXkAET372.jpg

The Hearts photographer, who probably earns big bucks taking photos around Tynecastle, has earned his cash

All roads lead to Gorgie

Cheers. Maybe those of us who like a wee tipple( or five ) pre match should choose the front section then. :food-smiley-004: 

Italian Lambretta

Am I right in thinking its only taken them 3 days to build those first sections?

The Hearts photographer, who probably earns big bucks taking photos around Tynecastle, has earned his cash

C9OD-vNXgAAxS9E.jpg

C9OD-vDWAAEbqKe.jpg

C9OD-vVXoAA92Qc.jpg

C9OD-vDXkAET372.jpg

BOOO KILA STEALING HEARTS PHOTIES ;)

Joking aside, some cracking photos there. Actually can't wait for the full thing to be up and running.

Buffalo Bill

I'm hoping there have been calculations done re sightlines with these angles. Currently you get a far better view of the pitch if you're in the lower sections of the Wheatfield compared to the lower sections of the Main Stand. I'd hope that there's not been a compromise made on the viewing experience of some fans, or, if so, I hope the cost of the seats affected will be lower than elsewhere in the ground.

The angle of the new stand lower sections will be much steeper than the angle of the old/current stand lowers sections.  The views will be great and closer to the pitch.

The Wheatfield Stand, in British stadia terms, is freakishly steep.

Edited by Buffalo Bill

alwaysthereinspirit

C9OD-vNXgAAxS9E.jpg

C9OD-vDWAAEbqKe.jpg

C9OD-vVXoAA92Qc.jpg

C9OD-vDXkAET372.jpg

Tesco going all out on this one. Is it a regular Tesco or a Super Tesco?

Hope they have a separate cheese section. I love poking through all the different cheeses of the world.

Awesome photos by the way. Big thanks to all posters keeping us up on everything.

It's on wheels......................................  :10900:

fireeagle51

Am I right in thinking its only taken them 3 days to build those first sections?

Not even 3 days mate

It's on wheels...................................... :10900:

Its all a ruse, we're not really getting our new stand, they're going to build it here and the wheel it off somewhere else!!!!

sandylejambo

Re the old brickwork, is it not the case that the old brickwork will make the inside of the new walkway along the length of the new stand? I'm sure that was the plan

fireeagle51

Re the old brickwork, is it not the case that the old brickwork will make the inside of the new walkway along the length of the new stand? I'm sure that was the plan

no

May one-six

The angle of the new stand lower sections will be much steeper than the angle of the old/current stand lowers sections.  The views will be great and closer to the pitch.

The Wheatfield Stand, in British stadia terms, is freakishly steep.

Thanks - that's reassuring.