New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

That's more steel being dropped off as I type. Rectangular looking pieces, light grey in colour...

INFEEEREEEUR!!!

So glad this thread is back on track with the real building work started, after weeks of brain numbing foundations.

alwaysthereinspirit

Any more erections today folks?

I woke up this morning with great expectations, but alas..........

Footballfirst

The Bidco 1874 Ltd. accounts to 30 June 2016 were published today and indicate that ?2.6M has been spent on the new development to date. 

?705k was spent prior to 30 June 2016 and a further ?1.9M to the date of the accounts (signed off on 28 March 2017).

I don't know if those figures are are in line with the budgeted amounts.

During the year, the business announced its plans to redevelop the stadium at Tynecastle. ?705k has been incurred up to 30 June 2016 in purchasing the current Administration building and developing the Wheatfield under-croft, which will be the business's temporary base during the main stand build period. The new main stand build received planning permission in October 2016, subject to certain conditions.

Since the year end the group has spent ?1.9 million on the Tynecastle Stadium redevelopment project.
Edited by Footballfirst

station_jambo

More steel being lifted into place this morning. This looks a far far bigger piece than anything they've put up so far...

b8edddaf22b72d4f05d2bca19ec7e969.jpg

9e88595639f6f1755c4fb6dd0439052f.jpg

2a02f2414dcc16dc9caa7ace136c8157.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like they bent bits are the bit that connects to the roof

Straightfromtheheart

Dysfunctional erection

The Bidco 1874 Ltd. accounts to 30 June 2016 were published today and indicate that ?2.6M has been spent on the new development to date. 

?705k was spent prior to 30 June 2016 and a further ?1.9M to the date of the accounts (signed off on 28 March 2017).

I don't know if those figures are are in line with the budgeted amounts.

Interesting FF so just over 20% spend of budget already in securing land, knocking down the buildings, creating foundations and doing the work under the Wheatfield, it doesnt sound too outrageous or over budget.

Not sure if the steel delivery will have been in that amount as well.

Edited by Jamboelite

Interesting FF so just over 20% spend of budget already in securing land, knocking down the buildings, creating foundations and doing the work under the Wheatfield, it doesnt sound too outrageous or over budget.

Not sure if the steel delivery will have been in that amount as well.

Generally payment before delivery so I would assume it is.

Anybody spotted Greenminger hanging about?

He's there all day, everyday, apparently. Usually gleaning inside info, that no one else can, from gab5h1te construction workers and foremen. You know, it's all inferior steel, unpaid for, slave labour...

Anybody spotted Greenminger hanging about?

He's there all day, everyday, apparently. Usually gleaning inside info, that no one else can, from gab5h1te construction workers and foremen. You know, it's all inferior steel, unpaid for, slave labour...

Someone said there was a big erection at Tynecastle.

They must've meant a big knob.

::troll:::'>

Watt-Zeefuik

Any more erections today folks?

It was nice seeing pictures of the steel going up in the early morning, but to include more building materials on the site I was hoping for some morning wood.

station_jambo, on 11 Apr 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

Either that or its a giant Allen key :tiny: ...Its all moving along great though, cant wait for the completion

All roads lead to Gorgie

And when you need one they are always the wrong size.

Are we still talking erections here :whistling: 

davemclaren

He only had to ask, I could have sent him some. [emoji1] Plenty going on today.971b44ee0d422f5e55cde8e99b25d545.jpgf2a224e53a2829590a8b656b26d3c323.jpg

Some of the steel is now up close to the stand brickwork too. Come the next match folk will get some good close up images of it if they want.. [emoji4]15d8e1e0ebfc92ad04827277f14e0b2f.jpg

Wow!

niblick1874

Thanks for all the pics. These foundations are more than holes in the ground with steel sticking out. That is my distant past going and Hearts living on. Quite the sight.

Even more so with our history.

Absolutely no problem with Hearts credit now.

I would still like to know how much of the old stand is being demolished. I asked this question a while ago and nobody seemed to know. This is all based upon something I read a while ago that some of the old stand would be incorporated in the new structure. Just wondered if this was true and if so how it would be done. The fact that new steelwork has been erected slap against the old stand wall seems a bit unusual if they were going to demolish the complete stand.

Edited by JohnB

I would still like to know how much of the old stand is being demolished. I asked this question a while ago and nobody seemed to know. This is all based upon something I read a while ago that some of the old stand would be incorporated in the new structure. Just wondered if this was true and if so how it would be done. The fact that new steelwork has been erected slap against the old stand wall seems a bit unusual if they were going to demolish the complete stand.

Might be the lower parts of the stand will remain, makes sense I guess , no reason to demolish the lower part just a re- structure ?

Maybe aye , Maybe no

I'd be surprised if there is much of the old stand left. Except a few salvaged pieces placed in the new building.

I wonder just how much of an impact the ability to keep the old stand open and accessible has had on the project plan?

As in, I wonder how much different, if at all, they'd be doing things if there wasn't a need to keep pathways, and routes in and out of the old main stand and all the health and safety shiz that goes with that?

It must be adding a fair degree of complexity to the way things progress and such like I'd imagine?

I wonder just how much of an impact the ability to keep the old stand open and accessible has had on the project plan?

As in, I wonder how much different, if at all, they'd be doing things if there wasn't a need to keep pathways, and routes in and out of the old main stand and all the health and safety shiz that goes with that?

It must be adding a fair degree of complexity to the way things progress and such like I'd imagine?

You're probably right mate, but to be fair the planning has probably always taken into account the need for access to the auld stand. It's not as if they've had to alter their original plans is it?

Going by previous timescales given, it looks like things are going as planned. Could things have gone quicker if we could've just sectioned off the entire area? Probably. But that would just cause a whole lot of other issues I'd imagine...

TyphoonJambo

Not long now before they start swinging the wrecking ball into the old lady. That will be a sad moment.

You're probably right mate, but to be fair the planning has probably always taken into account the need for access to the auld stand. It's not as if they've had to alter their original plans is it?

Going by previous timescales given, it looks like things are going as planned. Could things have gone quicker if we could've just sectioned off the entire area? Probably. But that would just cause a whole lot of other issues I'd imagine...

Oh no absolutely - I know that its always been the plan to do it this way due to the nature of the project and theres no other way really without us essentially moving out for the duration.

Like I say, I'm just curious as to how much of a difference this makes in the planning of such a thing and how different the timelines and timescales would look between doing it this way and doing it without having any need to keep the place up and running throughout :)

Just thinking out loud buddy, no way am I suggesting its had to deviate from an original plan or anything :)

Oh no absolutely - I know that its always been the plan to do it this way due to the nature of the project and theres no other way really without us essentially moving out for the duration.

Like I say, I'm just curious as to how much of a difference this makes in the planning of such a thing and how different the timelines and timescales would look between doing it this way and doing it without having any need to keep the place up and running throughout :)

Just thinking out loud buddy, no way am I suggesting its had to deviate from an original plan or anything :)

All good mate. I hear what you're saying :-)

Tell you what, given the fast turnaround from old stand to new, if we didn't have to keep the auld girl running, I reckon we could've built this new fellae within a month!

Harry Potter

Big stand , Big erections .

These rivets ;look good. :uhoh2: Great pics guys, getting a warm glow watching this stand grow.

Not long now before they start swinging the wrecking ball into the old lady. That will be a sad moment.

If it can handle the days of mishit Robbie Neilson blooters down the line then it'll take some effort from the wrecking ball to bring her down!

letsmakesomenoise

They are going to have to be awful careful if they are taking all the old one down, that back wall is only a foot or two from the new steelworks!

They are going to have to be awful careful if they are taking all the old one down, that back wall is only a foot or two from the new steelworks!

You're right mate. It is a foot or two...if that! I reckon they'll be on a cherry picker bringing that part of the stand down by hand.

Cut The Crap

It's fair to say I've never followed a major construction project at this level of detail before, but I have to say its all very impressive.

Can't wait to see the glass facade go up - even if it is only the inferior quality cheap option.

Isn't the back wall remaining in place? Or at least in parts?

Think I read that somewhere.

Thats my understanding.

Happy to be corrected.

If I remember right, the entire old stand is coming down but bricks from it will be re-used to cover up the steel beams inside the new stand, to look like it's been built with bricks.

I hope there's a wee weeks delay. I'm on holiday 9th September!!

Bollocks, so am I! Bet it'll be Hibs at home as well.

Bad Religion

Thats my understanding.

Happy to be corrected.

It's extremely unlikely. It would complicate the design and be a logistical nightmare structurally to retain any of the existing parts of the current stand. Would also add to the cost.

Some of the bricks from the main stand may be retained to clad the internal columns of the restaurant etc. as shown in the planning drawings. Maybe this is where the confusion comes from?

Isn't the back wall remaining in place? Or at least in parts?

Think I read that somewhere.

Yeah i dont think the steel being placed up against it means anything to be honest as part of the brickwork is staying.