New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Fxxx the SPFL

Nothing beats a good erection certainly going up quicker than mine.

joking aside great to see things progressing.

His name is

Not seen it posted, not on this thread anyway, but Ann gave a timetable in her programme notes yesterday. In summary

1. Preparatory phase - piling, excavating, completing foundations, installing utilities and services - by 18th April (looks nearly complete)

2 Construction phase - erection of structural steel and concrete behind existing stand - target completion end May 2017

- installation of curtain walling comprising the "huge" glass fa?ade - starting 1st May target completion mid-August

3. Construction phase - demolish existing stand scheduled to begin mid-May

- ordering of staging and seating currently in final stages of preparation - much of this is fabricated overseas.

- new staging expected to arrive early August with all seating to be installed by the end of August.

4. The "Fit-out" Phase - all supporter areas inc toilets, turnstiles, staircases etc to enable supporters to attend home games, scheduled completion end August 2017

- also required by end ust: main entrance hall, Directors Suite, Media Centre, front Piazza

5. "Open for business" - 9th September 2017

6. Hospitality and new dressing rooms - 20th January 2018

7. Final deliverables - Nursery, new Club Shop, Community Services space

- Overall completion 30th March 2018

Cheers mate.

Mods, maybe time for a thread title update...Impressive Erection Taking Shape?

I'd prefer 'Humongous erection at Tynecastle' personally.

jamboinglasgow

seeing the photos of the first steel framework made we want to say

Exciting. We can see progress despite the wooden panels now.

Roond ye Sir Gay, Vagillions and King of the Cockwombles, Greenminger.

:fth:

I wonder if the shares have been unfrozen yet.

Remember their desperate measures in telling their gullible supporters that nothing could ever happen because the shares would remain frozen.

What a bunch of sad weirdos, wonder how they feel now as our shiny new stand begins to take shape.

Bowmans_Boot

Remember their desperate measures in telling their gullible supporters that nothing could ever happen because the shares would remain frozen.

What a bunch of sad weirdos, wonder how they feel now as our shiny new stand begins to take shape.

We were very, very close to being liquidated, though, and the actions of some Hibs fans certainly didnt help us.

That should not be forgotten ever. Rather than taking this superior, smug attitude we should be (& have been) taking a determined and hostile one towards them.

Seemingly we are 2 mill short on the stand and ann takes 8% profits for herself [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SwindonJambo

We were very, very close to being liquidated, though, and the actions of some Hibs fans certainly didnt help us.

That should not be forgotten ever. Rather than taking this superior, smug attitude we should be (& have been) taking a determined and hostile one towards them.

This in spades. And all the more so when you remember that when Hibs' existence was on the line in 1990, a fair number of Jambos were quite empathetic to their plight. I don't remember any of them returning the favour 3 years ago. If it ever happens to them again, I won't give the slightest toss.

2 of the images I took today, didn't take long to put up the 1st of the framework either..

9affb41bca0fc9326b5462c7d04871d5.jpg

That is a great picture. Frame will be up in no time by the looks of it

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Quite fitting the erection is being put up by Hardies

I'm sure it will see a few semi's in its time.

I feel really bad for saying that on this momentous thread

jamboinglasgow

2 of the images I took today, didn't take long to put up the 1st of the framework either..

9affb41bca0fc9326b5462c7d04871d5.jpg

Great pictures there. What time was that taken out of interest? To gauge how quickly that went up.

I think you start to get the scale of the building, how that is the far corner of the new project and it does not look close to the old main stand. Add in that there are some parts that are going to be even further out, it will be some scale when complete.

Not seen it posted, not on this thread anyway, but Ann gave a timetable in her programme notes yesterday. In summary

1. Preparatory phase - piling, excavating, completing foundations, installing utilities and services - by 18th April (looks nearly complete)

2 Construction phase - erection of structural steel and concrete behind existing stand - target completion end May 2017

- installation of curtain walling comprising the "huge" glass fa?ade - starting 1st May target completion mid-August

3. Construction phase - demolish existing stand scheduled to begin mid-May

- ordering of staging and seating currently in final stages of preparation - much of this is fabricated overseas.

- new staging expected to arrive early August with all seating to be installed by the end of August.

4. The "Fit-out" Phase - all supporter areas inc toilets, turnstiles, staircases etc to enable supporters to attend home games, scheduled completion end August 2017

- also required by end ust: main entrance hall, Directors Suite, Media Centre, front Piazza

5. "Open for business" - 9th September 2017

6. Hospitality and new dressing rooms - 20th January 2018

7. Final deliverables - Nursery, new Club Shop, Community Services space

- Overall completion 30th March 2018

Nice birthday present for me :)

Fxxx the SPFL

That is a great picture. Frame will be up in no time by the looks of it

two home games left on 29th April and 6th May a good chunk of steelwork should be up by then.

Did Hibs latest dirt cheap breeze block stand incorporate hospitality features?

Just wondering.

Have to say ours looks fantastic.

Buffalo Bill

Did Hibs latest dirt cheap breeze block stand incorporate hospitality features?

Just wondering.

No.

Their East Stand is just a simple stand. All their hospitality areas (of which they have plenty) are in their other stands.

been here before

Did it stick to the foil tray?mine always seem to if it's a steak pie.

Got one last week. Fxxkin atrocious. Welded to the foil tray. Impossible to eat.

I've never had a bad pie and Tynecastle in the Main Stand. I always get steak and gravy and used to go for the Hearty option one. Is it just the scotch pies that mess up?

Surely first game in the new stand has to be accompanied with a rendition of "it's bigger than yours, it's bigger than yourrrrrrrs, our erection, is bigger than yours"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More steel being lifted into place this morning. This looks a far far bigger piece than anything they've put up so far...

b8edddaf22b72d4f05d2bca19ec7e969.jpg

9e88595639f6f1755c4fb6dd0439052f.jpg

2a02f2414dcc16dc9caa7ace136c8157.jpg

Turns out these pieces aren't actually being put up just now, they're just being taken off the lorry...

3ee7a4a632cf4c3c6247bb72191eacec.jpg

fabienleclerq

Been meaning to take my DSLR along to a match all season. Finally got round to it on Saturday. Here's a couple of my better shots of the main stand. Few more in a couple of tweets i sent out over the weekend - twitter.com/jameschristie2

C864pZBW0AAyoSc.jpgC864q-WXkAEpxi4.jpgC864t2rXoAIrKnf.jpg

I love these type of photos.

been here before

C864q-WXkAEpxi4.jpg

Last pish against a bin before heading up to your seat.

Edited by been here before

More steel being lifted into place this morning. This looks a far far bigger piece than anything they've put up so far...

That bit's bent - surely it's defectuv!!!!!

been here before

That bit's bent - surely it's defectuv!!!!!

Likely its unsafe and made in a steelmill by Lithuanian orphans who have been bought from the proceeds of robbing poppies. Itll ba a shoddily built death trap probably fireproofed using the asbestos ripped from the old stands.

Nae bother though as the corrupt Edinburgh Council will just forego the usual legal and administritve niceties and wave it all through without proper process.

Stephen Muddie

It's a big Allen Key to put the Meccano bits together.

My god he's right. What else could it be?

It's a big Allen Key to put the Meccano bits together.

Bet there's loads of them left over at the end of the job.

Well I agree with this, but it was the actions of somebody else that got us there and he isn't vilified so you understand why people might be confused....

Fxxx the SPFL

Hopefully new goalposts for next season might give us a better chance of scoring.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Well I agree with this, but it was the actions of somebody else that got us there and he isn't vilified so you understand why people might be confused....

:laugh:

Still giving yourself an ulcer!

All roads lead to Gorgie

The new thread title certainly made me stand at attention!

I think I will go away and have a stiff

drink to celebrate :pleasing: