New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Mars plastic

Question... Why have the steel beams been painted white in preparation for the composite material? Fire retardant or something similar?

It's intumescent paint

A bar and food stalls before the game would be good. Face painting is popular. Seats and such. Money to us.

How are they going to secure the site at night . Can't surely going to leave it open there will be intruders all over the stadium .can you imagine the damage that can be done

They have put up a mesh perimeter fence

Edited by Thomaso

Great to see the place opening up a bit.

The plans show one larger and one slightly smaller Hearts crest in the paving on the piazza area.

Does anyone know how that will be inserted? Is it by brick, or somehow painted/sprayed onto the surface?

I'm sure I read on the council planning portal that the crests would be custom made by the monoblock company.

Re: the section H seats, somebody mentioned it a page or so back, it certainly loooks like they've been replaced.

Edited by Jamborello

21077607_495566390793936_139774153363755

21078727_495566367460605_598588590028386

21150224_495566427460599_440122250039499

21105753_495566360793939_908120986706417

BSB Structural Facebook page.

Question re the last pic: Is it a trick of the light or have they replaced/re-painted the seats in Roseburn section H?

Awesome photos, all of them.

I'm sure I read on the council planning portal that the crests would be custom made by the monoblock company.

Re: the section H seats, somebody mentioned it a page or so back, it certainly loooks like they've been replaced.

large crest in front of main entrance,smaller one in front of shop if I recall correctly.

Were the folk that sit in the area of the temporary dugout/tunnel not informed they would be moved back to their original seats as soon as possible?

Must be somebody from there posts on jkb knows for sure.

I was not able to sit in my seat for the friendly and League Cup games, was told business as usual for the Aberdeen game (not now though obviously) fully expect to be sitting in my seat come, Kilmarnock/Ross County.

Too many people have replied so can't quote everyone :lol:

By silly I mean the daft coloured panels on the side differing colours and sizes just looks daft in my opinion. But I of course agree it'll increase revenue for many a decade and means my sons will be able to take their sons to Gorgie and not some other place that we could have been served.

But my opinion is those daft panels on the side look strange and out of place.

Only thing that looks silly is you

Agree with your point on the red coloured panels, each to their own and no one should be hung out for a spot of criticism GB Jambo. 

Bowmans_Boot

Agree with your point on the red coloured panels, each to their own and no one should be hung out for a spot of criticism GB Jambo.

Agreed. I am not a huge fan of the glass, either, if I am honest, but it is what it is. The team on the pitch will generate the revenue, not the outside of the new stand.

The red and maroon parts at the ends look a bit 'loud' in the photographs (don't get me wrong, I want to thank everyone who has put photos up), but when you see the whole thing as it is now, they are pure class, a bit like the maroon embellishments on our new, turquoise away strip.

Am surprised at the idea that the main stand at Ibrox looks better. Ours is classier, by a long way.

Ibrox is a few years short of 40 years old and is an outstanding stadium, was in the Copeland Rd for our game the other week and had a grand view of their Main Stand, granted the newish support structure for the extended decks is weathered and needing a gid wa'sh but just like our dear departed Main Stand it's a work of art and class.

Edited by dannymack

Winston Ingram

They have put up a mesh perimeter fence

I think he means when stand is complete? Easy for little (or big) pricks to smash those stand windows....

Unknown user

Ibrox is a few years short of 40 years old and is an outstanding stadium, was in the Copeland Rd for our game the other week and had a grand view of their Main Stand, granted the newish support structure for the extended decks is weathered and needing a gid wa'sh but just like our dear departed Main Stand it's a work of art and class.

Argyle house and the third tier on the main stand weren't added til the early 90s IIRC

Watt-Zeefuik

I've said my peace on the outside -- it's not my preferred style but it's lovely in its own right.

But the pics of the decking going in on the inside. My word -- it's sometimes hard to believe these are real photos and not artist's renderings.  That's going to be a huge and intimidating monster of a stand. 

When it opens we'll have a run of 8 home games out of 10.  Imagine if we hit a run of form during that stretch...

Argyle house and the third tier on the main stand weren't added til the early 90s IIRC

That's right, i remember the transformation of the pitch side viewing decks being added, the sheer size of the structure and works being carried out, an added bonus for them was keeping the facade of the Main Sand.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

The angle of the roof on that stand :pleasing:

Noise will be deafening when full.

Craig will definitely hear the boos

21105523_10213925409672253_684629252303621192135_10213925412392321_248316128825021150260_10213925408592226_3028557688133

I think he means when stand is complete? Easy for little (or big) pricks to smash those stand windows....

Broken windaes....................glass replacements!

:wonga:  :munny:

The old fa?ade at Ibrox is indeed an impressive piece of architecture from another age.  It should be noted that the cost to build the Club Deck alone back in 1991 was ?20m.

How did we manage to order seats for Section H but not for the new stand?

How did we manage to order seats for Section H but not for the new stand?

I think we used some of the seats from the main stand to replace the sun bleached ones in the Roseburn.

It was mentioned that as well as forgetting to order seats, some more of the seats from the main stand that were still in good condition, were supposed to be kept for the Roseburn, but were chucked by mistake.

Not sure if it's true or not, but as I say, I saw it mentioned on another thread.

The old fa?ade at Ibrox is indeed an impressive piece of architecture from another age.  It should be noted that the cost to build the Club Deck alone back in 1991 was ?20m.

Just to put that into context - that is ?39m at todays prices.

Buffalo Bill

Is that someone having a kip in this photo? Get back to work, you lazy s***e!

No, the guy read one of Thomaso's posts on the Levein threads and decided just to kill himself. :)

Laminated, tempered glass panes do not break easily. 

Thomaso on Kickback as per, he never works as we can plainly see! ::troll:::'>

I agree - the external brick build of the Archibald Leitch stand at Ibrox is impressive. I think the work done to add the 3rd tier into the stand is quite well done but I do know one bluenose who doesn't like it.

The rest of Ibrox isn't any great shakes in terms of impressive architecture. They have built a big capacity stadium on the backs of fans money (Rangers Pools was supposed to have generated a significant amount to help, I haven't seen it for a long time but scratch cards used to be another way they made money). 

When Hearts played Falkirk during the 98 Scottish cup run one my memories of the Ibrox main stand was it was that seating was a little too cramped and it wasn't great. 

ScottieMac17

What is with the different colored maroon bits on the side of the new stand?

Its defo taking shape and looking good!

Shanks said no

Question for those who have stood on the new composite material. What sort of noise will it generate with a few thousand stamping their feet? Will it be like the other concrete stands or a louder / hollower noise?

That is the seat fitter. Photo was taken on Sunday too so double time.

was there a game on?

::troll:::'>

Today via twitter (Anthony Brown)

DIY8FoHXUAIrkn0.jpg

I've never seen a crane with as many joints as that red one has... it's like a giant spider leg ... yuk.

The stand looks great though! 

No, the guy read one of Thomaso's posts on the Levein threads and decided just to kill himself. :)

:terrific:

I've never seen a crane with as many joints as that red one has... it's like a giant spider leg ... yuk.

The stand looks great though!