New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

The Future's Maroon

Anyone know what the seat design is going to be?

More Hearts like the other stands? A giant HMFC across four of the sections? A 3D **** The Hibs?

hopefully the latter :rofl: Edited by The Future's Maroon

Too many people have replied so can't quote everyone :lol:

By silly I mean the daft coloured panels on the side differing colours and sizes just looks daft in my opinion. But I of course agree it'll increase revenue for many a decade and means my sons will be able to take their sons to Gorgie and not some other place that we could have been served.

But my opinion is those daft panels on the side look strange and out of place.

Mid Calder Jambo

I've always wondered what the waterfacing side of chancelot mill looked like.

Chancelot Mill was a superb building not like that sewer.

0_buildings_-_chancelot_mill_bonnington_

Chancelot Mill was a superb building not like that sewer.

0_buildings_-_chancelot_mill_bonnington_

I assume you realise I was referring to the current chancelot building? Not the old one. :lol:

I know there is a delay with the seats however I did expect the rest to be roughly ready in a few weeks time minus the seats. Nowhere near it.

I know there is a delay with the seats however I did expect the rest to be roughly ready in a few weeks time minus the seats. Nowhere near it.

Correct was never going to be ready for Aberdeen game.

Buffalo Bill

Does the new published capacity of 20,099 take into account seats lost to the Wheatfield tunnel and press seats in the Wheatfield?

Both of those are temporary and will be removed once the new stand is open.

What would they use it for? Dressing rooms stay in the Wheatfield?

Changong rooms are in the new main stand,could be used for a variety of things,half time entertainment for example keep new tunnel clear for players.

What would they use it for? Dressing rooms stay in the Wheatfield?

The dress8ng rooms are staying in the Wheatfield for community pitch use.

The job they done one the tunnel with fairly nice brickwork and panelling would suggest that it will be staying too.

The dress8ng rooms are staying in the Wheatfield for community pitch use.

The job they done one the tunnel with fairly nice brickwork and panelling would suggest that it will be staying too.

Thats what I was suggesting.

Changong rooms are in the new main stand,could be used for a variety of things,half time entertainment for example keep new tunnel clear for players.

Do you mean the Wheatfield tunnel staying so can be used for the half time entertainment, kids teams etc and the new stand tunnel/changing rooms being for there intended use by matchday teams?

That would make more sense.

It may also be the case that the new dressing room fitting etc can be delayed as we have the Wheatfield to buy time for it to be done later.

Edited by Deans Jambo

Do you mean the Wheatfield tunnel staying so can be used for the half time entertainment, kids teams etc and the new stand tunnel/changing rooms being for there intended use by matchday teams?

That would make more sense.

It may also be the case that the new dressing room fitting etc can be delayed as we have the Wheatfield to buy time for it to be done later.

Its probably an option.

FarmerTweedy

I think they've changed the schedule of various elements of the build since the delay to the seat delivery became clear.  For instance, I think the original plan would have had a lot more of the staging in by now, but when it became clear there weren't going to be seats to install on the staging for quite some time, I think they pushed the staging installation back a bit and got on with some other stuff instead, that maybe wasn't originally going to have been done prior to the Aberdeen game.

As much as I have been a critic of the outside and the lego brick effect on the sides, the inside is going to be a beast! The view from the Wheatfield will be tremendous seeing it full.

As much as I have been a critic of the outside and the lego brick effect on the sides, the inside is going to be a beast! The view from the Wheatfield will be tremendous seeing it full.

Yeah i agree, as much as the outside has created debate see Tynie fully enclosed is going to be special.

I think they've changed the schedule of various elements of the build since the delay to the seat delivery became clear.  For instance, I think the original plan would have had a lot more of the staging in by now, but when it became clear there weren't going to be seats to install on the staging for quite some time, I think they pushed the staging installation back a bit and got on with some other stuff instead, that maybe wasn't originally going to have been done prior to the Aberdeen game.

Correct.

Athletes Feet

Might be wrong, but I think/looks like the tunnel and surround bits are being patched over already (background of the Jon McLaughlin joins story), maybe no longer needed as the seats delay means the changing rooms will be ready in the new stand for November?

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6149

Samuel Camazzola

Just for context, I'm going to compare our new glass facade with the outsides of the most recent built stands at other clubs.

3145103_dbff431d.jpg

hibs1.jpg

Celtic%20Park%203.jpg

Ibrox+8.jpg

rugby-park-exterior.jpg

Fir+Park+5.jpg

new-douglas-park4211l.jpg

Come on.

I'm sure Wernham Hogg were based in the Davie Cooper Stand.

Might be wrong, but I think/looks like the tunnel and surround bits are being patched over already (background of the Jon McLaughlin joins story), maybe no longer needed as the seats delay means the changing rooms will be ready in the new stand for November?

Nice spot.

I think that's the area that is being used as the technical areas, the tunnel is further to the left. Edited by Jamborello

Jambof3tornado

Were the folk that sit in the area of the temporary dugout/tunnel not informed they would be moved back to their original seats as soon as possible?

Must be somebody from there posts on jkb knows for sure.

Jambof3tornado

I think that's the area that is being used as the technical areas, the tunnel is further to the left.

It is indeed the technical area.

fabienleclerq

Was going to ask about the schedule changing due to the seat delay as obviously the composite stuff isn't going in as quick as would be needed.

My other point would be going by recent photos Thomaso the glass work looks great. Good job.

Buffalo Bill

Great to see the place opening up a bit.

The plans show one larger and one slightly smaller Hearts crest in the paving on the piazza area.

Does anyone know how that will be inserted? Is it by brick, or somehow painted/sprayed onto the surface?

Credit to the main stand FB group

jTC27st.jpg

Y8Aj277.jpg

C2OPbWI.jpg

Really hope this area is used as a pop-up supporters bar before games. I spend more money in the boozer than I do at Tyne.

Looking great, HHGH

Really hope this area is used as a pop-up supporters bar before games. I spend more money in the boozer than I do at Tyne.

Looking great, HHGH

Blink your eyes and it transforms.Great photo's thanks.

maroonlegions

Looking great, HHGH

Tynie Arms would be raging.

maroonlegions

Tell me we've taken the opportunity to create a fantastic badge in that monoblock

If so, wonder if it will be gobbed on like our original crest on the cobblestones on the High Street, which is meant to bring good luck.. FTH.

17424974_1649132415113322_45364323576427

16729198_1613983591961538_84314684195346

How are they going to secure the site at night . Can't surely going to leave it open there will be intruders all over the stadium .can you imagine the damage that can be done

How are they going to secure the site at night . Can't surely going to leave it open there will be intruders all over the stadium .can you imagine the damage that can be done

I would think on a ?13m building site there would be security cameras and at least 1 "watchie".

marshallschunkychicken

It is indeed the technical area.

I didn?t realise until I saw it close up on Sunday that I?m going to be directly behind the technical area.

Could be interesting.

Watt-Zeefuik

Looking great, HHGH

Fantastic idea. Get some food carts in as well.

Selkirkhmfc1874

There's night watchman on site

Buffalo Bill

21077607_495566390793936_139774153363755

21078727_495566367460605_598588590028386

21150224_495566427460599_440122250039499

21105753_495566360793939_908120986706417

BSB Structural Facebook page.

Question re the last pic: Is it a trick of the light or have they replaced/re-painted the seats in Roseburn section H?

Edited by Buffalo Bill

If so, wonder if it will be gobbed on like our original crest on the cobblestones on the High Street, which is meant to bring good luck.. FTH.

17424974_1649132415113322_45364323576427

16729198_1613983591961538_84314684195346

Can someone photoshop "Levein Oot" onto that guy's board.

Just kidding. 

Great to see the place opening up a bit.

The plans show one larger and one slightly smaller Hearts crest in the paving on the piazza area.

Does anyone know how that will be inserted? Is it by brick, or somehow painted/sprayed onto the surface?

I'm sure I read on the plans a breakdown on brick colours they were going to use to create crest.

Buffalo Bill

I believe The Fist of Gorgie will be prowling the area.