New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Footballfirst

Probably need permission to close the road before they bash on with that (guessing). So leaving it till last.

On its way down this morning ....................... by hand

mAjMNdO.jpg

qdIHTcQ.jpg

vegeJ0M.jpg

mAjMNdO.jpg

qdIHTcQ.jpg

vegeJ0M.jpg

Spoke to one boy of the demo boys yesterday. They're bringing the bricks down by hand so they can then pull the whole structure down towards the main stand. They've got to take the bricks out first to ensure they don't end up on McLeod street once the building has been pulled.

Yesterday saw the demolition of the near side gable end of the old admin block too. So as you look at the main stand, the only bit of (the admin) building left was the gable end nearest the stand. That's where the power was coming into the building, so they've had to wait for that to be cut off before bringing that bit down. It may be down by now, I've not passed today.

mAjMNdO.jpg

qdIHTcQ.jpg

vegeJ0M.jpg

Wow. knocking it down by hand loving these photos. thanks

I don't know about the time scales for the opening of the new location (the final planning decision for it is only due this evening), but the Nursery's newsletter suggests that the nursery staff and kids moved to Dalry PS during the week commencing 28 November.

Out of interest was it passed ok?

Cairneyhill Jambo

To the people taking the photos, top work :thumbsup:

I check this thread every day, and love seeing the progress!

I think it would be a good idea to have a dedicated thread for pictures of the works being done so we can see the progress being made.

Just a reminder that I set up a FB group so that people can see the progress (without having to come onto page 200 of this thread and wade through arguments about grammar).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1154852404581539/

If people who are passing could also post pics there it would be appreciated! I don't want to lift the photos off here without permission as not everyone will want their pics nicked.

Unfortunately I don't pass the ground too often so don't get an opportunity to take pics myself.

Footballfirst

Just a reminder that I set up a FB group so that people can see the progress (without having to come onto page 200 of this thread and wade through arguments about grammar).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1154852404581539/

If people who are passing could also post pics there it would be appreciated! I don't want to lift the photos off here without permission as not everyone will want their pics nicked.

Unfortunately I don't pass the ground too often so don't get an opportunity to take pics myself.

Feel free to use any of mine

Spoke to one boy of the demo boys yesterday. They're bringing the bricks down by hand so they can then pull the whole structure down towards the main stand. They've got to take the bricks out first to ensure they don't end up on McLeod street once the building has been pulled.

Yesterday saw the demolition of the near side gable end of the old admin block too. So as you look at the main stand, the only bit of (the admin) building left was the gable end nearest the stand. That's where the power was coming into the building, so they've had to wait for that to be cut off before bringing that bit down. It may be down by now, I've not passed today.

Good update and thanks for it

But I'm sorry the only thing I can think of when reading that is the scene from the most recent episode of still game (s7e6) when Isa ambled up to watch the demolition of harrier heights having eavesdropped on the demolition folk

Admin office almost down, and the social club down to the last chunk. Some snaps I took walking past today:

969b75acd5.png

I think if I look through that window I can see GreenGinger's office tenant in there.  Must be thinking, "what a draft in here today, I MUST speak with them about the heat!"

See for all the "panorama" chat a few weeks ago? Nobody has bothered to take a picture using the 'panorama' function on their camera phone yet.

IT'S PHOTOS WE WANT NOT AN ARGUMENT/DISCUSSION/BANTER AROUND GRAMMER FECK  OF OFF TO THE SHED FOR THAT. :bobby: In the nicest possible way, it's photos i say photos.

It's Grammar.

See for all the "panorama" chat a few weeks ago? Nobody has bothered to take a picture using the 'panorama' function on their camera phone yet.

I was going to try but I was hanging my arms over the fence and if I tried the panoramic mode high chance I'd drop my phone

Shame there's no teachers on here at Tynie High that could snap out the window, get a perfect view there 

Edited by kila

I was going to try but I was hanging my arms over the fence and if I tried the panoramic mode high chance I'd drop my phone

Shame there's no teachers on here at Tynie High that could snap out the window, get a perfect view there

Good point! Can't wait for the time lapse! :D

Waiting for them to tidy up all the mess, then I'll be there!

August Landmesser

There'll be some glorious floodlit/night-time shots at the Killie game - you won't be able to get into the stand for folk stood on McLeod Street with cameras, like birdwatchers when a lesser spotted Gusset Tickler lands in the park...

From Wednesday

post-5690-0-70871700-1481303640_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

There has to be a premium moment when the stand is fully exposed, visible from McLeod Street and still intact.

At that point, I would love Hearts to do something like invite all the ex players who can get there to gather in front of it for a mass picture.

Too sentimental?

There has to be a premium moment when the stand is fully exposed, visible from McLeod Street and still intact.

At that point, I would love Hearts to do something like invite all the ex players who can get there to gather in front of it for a mass picture.

Too sentimental?

A brilliant idea.

John mcCartney

are there any drawings/maps knocking around that shows what has been on the land right behind the stand over those
102 years,anybod know such info?

well interesting.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

I think if I look through that window I can see GreenGinger's office tenant in there.  Must be thinking, "what a draft in here today, I MUST speak with them about the heat!"

Not long now until they find the gold bullion that Mr Romanov left behind.

Ask permission kila I'm sure the school would be fine with that , call and ask to speak to the headmaster/ mistress.

Hopefully we will bring out a dvd or book about the demolition of the old stand.

Next years calendar as well.

Bazzas right boot

The weather has been kind so far as well, hope that continues will keep everything on time.

Apologies if 3 months of snow now follow, it wisnae me cursing it.

Although I'm disappointed a "wrecking" ball wasn't used. It looks cool.

Edited by Tosh'sleftfoot

All roads lead to Gorgie

The weather has been kind so far as well, hope that continues will keep everything on time.

Apologies if 3 months of snow now follow, it wisnae me cursing it.

Although I'm disappointed a "wrecking" ball wasn't used. It looks cool.

When I read your last bit I had an image of Queen Ann swinging Miley Cyrus style on a wrecking ball. :glorious: 

jamboinglasgow

Out of interest was it passed ok?

Just seen the application on the council portal, says granted. So another stumbling block removed.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

When I read your last bit I had an image of Queen Ann swinging Miley Cyrus style on a wrecking ball. :glorious:

You are a sick man. Image implant not going away

All roads lead to Gorgie

You are a sick man. Image implant not going away

Looks like I set the ball rolling, so to speak :tiny:

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Stephen Muddie

No, it's not. Possessive pronouns don't have have an apostrophe. The other examples you provided are correct but it doesn't apply to 'its' when showing possession.

Illogical as it is, or is that "it's"? No, well, yes, well it's ok in one way but not its other so it's got itself all twisted up in its own knickers, that it. I think it thinks it's it. I for one have never liked it.

Mike and all the others are so much more predictable :-(

Edited by Stephen Muddie

jamboinglasgow

Thanks for the photos Farin, they look great.

Amazing to see thats the offices now completely taken down, the community building having its final part removed, trees now coming down and all thats left to do is the nursery which you would imagine will be started from next week. And all work from the demolition expected to be complete in two weeks. I do look forward to seeing Tynecastle next week to see the difference.

Jambo, Goodbye

One must assume the new truss is now being made. I wonder where and in how many parts. Would be quite a sight to see some beams being transported through the streets.

Fxxx the SPFL

It's Grammar.

you win the prize Davy for spotting the deliberate error buy you a drink before the next home match all you have to do is identify yourself as wavydavy. I will be in the Ardmillan pre match 1pm onwards I will be with the missus.

August Landmesser

are there any drawings/maps knocking around that shows what has been on the land right behind the stand over those

102 years,anybod know such info?

well interesting.

National Library of Scotland website has the historic Ordnance Survey maps and town plans of Edinburgh available for free and fully digitized. I'm on my phone so can't really post the link but google it and you should be able to find the maps easy enough.