New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Yes, a high ranking officer attends. The higher the game profile the higher the rank.

That makes more sense when read in a Jonathan Ross style voice.

I can't think I've ever seen or heard of a police box like we have anywhere else - so why do we need one? Isn't there a room they can sit in with cctv? Is that not what happens everywhere else?

In fact, has anyone here ever seen inside the police box? Must be a good view

I've been in there. Great view if yer in the 2ft gap between the windows and the floodlight pillars. Other than that, it's shit. It's just a few desks with cctv monitors.

Mid Calder Jambo

ame="Lucille's Thirsty" post="6045730" timestamp="1496353650"]

Nowt wrong with a wee bush, hides the surprise.

Do they not get trimmed in the Brazilian style in the summer.  Can't beat a bit of Brazilian style down Tynecastle way

Edited by Mid Calder Jambo

fireeagle51

Do they not get trimmed in the Brazilian style in the summer. Can beat a bit of Brazilian style down Tynecastle way

igor Rossi ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would need a complete rebuild to move it as it is wrapoed around the corner support. New stand looks narrower than old stand anyway.

I could see in from my old seat. It looks an awkward room in any case. Doesn't appear to be much floor space due to the floodlight beams at all angles. The bit that juts out seems to be the only real space the cops can stand.

As some have said, you would have thought consideration might've been given to incorporate into the new stand (maybe it was and was considered too expensive to re-locate) or what we might've gained seat wise behind it would be lost in a different/new location.

Personally I think it looks odd and spoils the symmetry of the stadium.

Mad polis box oot :D

I could see in from my old seat. It looks an awkward room in any case. Doesn't appear to be much floor space due to the floodlight beams at all angles. The bit that juts out seems to be the only real space the cops can stand.

As some have said, you would have thought consideration might've been given to incorporate into the new stand (maybe it was and was considered too expensive to re-locate) or what we might've gained seat wise behind it would be lost in a different/new location.

Personally I think it looks odd and spoils the symmetry of the stadium.

Mad polis box oot :D

Council planning documents showed the police having a fair sized section of the bottom floor by the Roseburn end next to the vehicle ramp

Hackney Hearts

The new stand will be inline with the right hand side of the pylon.

If they put the steps in next to the stand wall,surely that will bring the seating outing far enough.

They're not putting the steps next to the stand though, according to the plans.

Hackney Hearts

not something i think about during games tbh.

It probably would be if you were in one of the dozens of seats with restricted views!

BelgeJambo

As we pass the 10,000th post and 1,000,000 views, it is now time to re-fresh the Geeks Post-Count Roll of Honou...Shame.

kila 427 Thomaso 396 Mikey1874 312 Mr Sifter 268 Buffalo Bill 265 farin 261 Du?ko 203 Lucille's Thirsty 173 jonnothejambo 146 davemclaren

Dear me, get a life, eh?

Dot Counter material

Council planning documents showed the police having a fair sized section of the bottom floor by the Roseburn end next to the vehicle ramp

Thanks kila, hope this happens ;D

Lucille's Thirsty

Dot Counter material

I don't think I would have the brain power or tolerance with what BB did **** that.

That makes more sense when read in a Jonathan Ross style voice.

Lol!

Edited by Rudolf

Buffalo Bill

I don't think I would have the brain power or tolerance with what BB did **** that.

It took all of five seconds :)

Phil D. Corners

I wonder why they've removed a beam from the top of the curve.

Was not deemed inferior.

I'm glad this has been brought up again. I mentioned it on the ST thread.

Looking at plans, it would definately restrict views in the new stand.

You may have answered this already Thomaso, do you know?

Edit: police viewpoint I refer to.

Sorry can't help you with that one.

Can't see the point of retaining the police box in that spot if it's blocking views. My now demolished seat overlooks it and there only ever seems to be 2 people in that otherwise empty room, looking out that window these days. Used to be a whole window full of uniforms with binoculars there with desks and equipment behind.

Been inside it once picking up some stuff that I'd forgotten and left after the match. Did look a good spot to stand and watch the game if the windows were taken out!

It's going to look great , I was very sad to see the main stand go, but now very excited this project.

Disco Dave

I was passing today and generators was humming away - Good to hear they are cracking on on a Sunday. Took a couple of pictures but nothing new.

post-549-0-15380700-1496598860_thumb.jpg

post-549-0-86468700-1496598876_thumb.jpg

Can't see the point of retaining the police box in that spot if it's blocking views. My now demolished seat overlooks it and there only ever seems to be 2 people in that otherwise empty room, looking out that window these days. Used to be a whole window full of uniforms with binoculars there with desks and equipment behind.

Been inside it once picking up some stuff that I'd forgotten and left after the match. Did look a good spot to stand and watch the game if the windows were taken out!

Agreed.  It would maybe make a good TV studio?

fireeagle51

Agreed. It would maybe make a good TV studio?

The metal beams from the floodlight pylon go straight through the middle of the room so there would be no room

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Francis Albert hates diverting discussion on a thread to himself.

Absolutely hates it.

Jammy T is another.

Continually referring to previous reactions to their postings as if they somehow matter and they're opinions hold more relevance than them of others.

I'm undecided on whether it's a really good troll or theyre just really sad individuals.

What did I do wrong on this thread in accordance with the EHF rule book?

Our opinions clearly matter if they are getting rounded up by you as examples of gaining a reaction and have some sort of historical imprint on this site.

:)

Edited by Jammy T

Jamboelite

What did I do wrong on this thread in accordance with the EHF rule book?

Our opinions clearly matter if they are getting rounded up by you as examples of gaining a reaction and have some sort of historical imprint on this site.

:)

Shhh. thread isnt about you.....:-)

So tomorrow we think is D day for the roof?

Been a fair few balls kicked right over the roof. Who has the record I wonder? Paterson maybe

Edited by kila

Shhh. thread isnt about you.....:-)

So tomorrow we think is D day for the roof?

It wasn't me that made it about me.

The irony.

;)

Francis Albert

Would need a complete rebuild to move it as it is wrapoed around the corner support. New stand looks narrower than old stand anyway.

Was the police box an original feature of the Gorgie Road stand? If it's an add on it would be easy to remove. Even if it is original, if it is indeed a wrap around and not an integral part of the roof support system I"d have thought it fairly easy to cut it out and get rid of it. (My expertise here is admittedly derived from watching home improvement programmes on TV!). It certainly isn't necessary to have it in such an intrusive place in an age when air traffic control towers at airports are being replaced by remote monitoring using cameras, with the views being monitored by controllers  many tens of miles away from the airport (London City Airport for example).

Jamboelite

Was the police box an original feature of the Gorgie Road stand? If it's an add on it would be easy to remove. Even if it is original, if it is indeed a wrap around and not an integral part of the roof support system I"d have thought it fairly easy to cut it out and get rid of it. (My expertise here is admittedly derived from watching home improvement programmes on TV!). It certainly isn't necessary to have it in such an intrusive place in an age when air traffic control towers at airports are being replaced by remote monitoring using cameras, with the views being monitored by controllers many tens of miles away from the airport (London City Airport for example).

I'd be amazed if it was integral to any support or load bearing.

I cant remember when it was built to be honest.

Edited by Jamboelite

Jamboelite

Apologies if already been posted.

IMG_0154_zpsq72ozpko.jpgThe

Dont think it has, good photo.

It also shows the policebox isnt supporting anything from that angle and surely could go.

Admittedly i am never in that corner of the ground and have no expertise :-)

Edited by Jamboelite

The old stand look so different stripped back like that. I know that's kinda stating the obvious, but I dunno, it just looks 'different'.

Good to see some progress from within the ground though - a big week ahead I suspect.

Re the police box, I'm very much of the thought that if it 'can' be removed, it should be. Whether or not it will be though, I'm not so sure.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The old stand look so different stripped back like that. I know that's kinda stating the obvious, but I dunno, it just looks 'different'.

Good to see some progress from within the ground though - a big week ahead I suspect.

Re the police box, I'm very much of the thought that if it 'can' be removed, it should be. Whether or not it will be though, I'm not so sure.

The photo above is giving me flashbacks to the old enclosures where the wall was down where the pitch starts now. When they take the line of seats out above the south enclosure it will be one last view of how it used to look when I first attended the ground in the late 70s.

I'm not going to lie, if the maroon box at the back of that photo is the police box then i've always thought that was the bit they use when we're on tele.

I'm not going to lie, if the maroon box at the back of that photo is the police box then i've always thought that was the bit they use when we're on tele.

:lol:

To be fair, from the outside that's pretty much what it looks like it 'should' be, but nah never been used for that purpose and as has been said, wouldn't be enough room inside it to do so with the pylon right through the middle :)

hughesie27

If we want to introduce safe standing then the police have probably got enough clout to make us keep it.

All roads lead to Gorgie

As long as you didn't run up to it giving it the fingers thinking Andy Walker was in there. :sunny: 

upgotheheads

Surely the police box will go once we fill the corners....

I see what you did there.

Like it.

jambos are go!

May be mistaken but I am sure I remember Anne Budge saying at some stage there would be no restricted view seats when the work is completed . That means the police facility will have to be moved.

Me too mate

Jambo, Goodbye

Apologies if already been posted.

IMG_0154_zpsq72ozpko.jpgThe

I could have sworn I had already seen a pic showing the dugouts lying outside the stadium?