New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Pistol1874

e90441e48bacc6f35028dd9d13f9d90a.jpg

ce666909c2c2240ae09c1e10b8c8610d.jpg

Sorry I'm too busy picking some seats up today. [emoji1]

Saw those from the train this morning, good luck finding the one with your name on it. ;)

Nookie Bear

e90441e48bacc6f35028dd9d13f9d90a.jpg

Liar!

Those pictures were taken two minutes after Austin McCann's winner against celtic.

Lucille's Thirsty

That's is one big pile of seats.

I was kind of hoping we would replace all the crappy discoloured seats in the Roseburn with the ones form the old stand?

Lucille's Thirsty

I was kind of hoping we would replace all the crappy discoloured seats in the Roseburn with the ones form the old stand?

I think those discoloured seats in the roseburn will be replace but with brand new seats.

It would be nice if we can get someone to post pictures of the new main stand from inside the ground from all angles,the other three stands,the corner flag,pitch whilst the old main stand is getting demolished.

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

I think those discoloured seats in the roseburn will be replace but with brand new seats.

It would be nice if we can get someone to post pictures of the new main stand from inside the ground from all angles,the other three stands,the corner flag,pitch whilst the old main stand is getting demolished.

Not sure if they will replace them or just re-colour them like they did with the Wheatfield ones earlier this season

Liar!

Those pictures were taken two minutes after Austin McCann's winner against celtic.

i thought it was the aftermath of a riot in the JKB Internet cafe on the Walker announcement...

Lucille's Thirsty

Not sure if they will replace them or just re-colour them like they did with the Wheatfield ones earlier this season

I thought that Ann said that the whole stadium would be getting a facelift sort of thing surely that would mean replacing old decrepit seats rather than recolour them.

You might be right of course.

Bowmans_Boot

I thought that Ann said that the whole stadium would be getting a facelift sort of thing surely that would mean replacing old decrepit seats rather than recolour them.

You might be right of course.

Who will be sold to fund the facelift of the older stands?

Just passed. Couldn't get a pic cos I'm on a job, but the Gorgie end main stand gable end is down. I repeat THE GABLE END IS DOON!

Different size I think

Buffalo Bill

Re-colouring will do just fine.

I hope it happens.

Just passed. Couldn't get a pic cos I'm on a job, but the Gorgie end main stand gable end is down. I repeat THE GABLE END IS DOON!

WE NEED PHOTOS!!1!

Clark Griswold

Can anyone get down for a quick snap of the end, the gable one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayofthecass

Non-Hearts fan in piece. I was wondering if it would be okay to get permission from the various members who have uploaded their photos / videos etc of the construction of the new stand to use this content in a montage? Basically starting off with the old stand and then bringing it up to the present day and beyond. Perhaps lasting a few mins.

My motivations are pretty simple. It allows me to create something using adobe Photoshop and Premier software that I'm getting to grips with and it's something worthwhile and I actually have quite a fair bit of interest in football stadia construction as sad as that probably sounds.

When I'm finished I'll happily credit all contributors and send it onto the club or fans groups to do something with it if they think it's up to scratch and if they so desire. Just thought I'd request permission as opposed to just lifting it and people finding out later and possibly being pissed off about it.

Thanks to anyone in advance who is willing to feedback or help.

All the best.

Paul

Non-Hearts fan in piece. I was wondering if it would be okay to get permission from the various members who have uploaded their photos / videos etc of the construction of the new stand to use this content in a montage? Basically starting off with the old stand and then bringing it up to the present day and beyond. Perhaps lasting a few mins.

My motivations are pretty simple. It allows me to create something using adobe Photoshop and Premier software that I'm getting to grips with and it's something worthwhile and I actually have quite a fair bit of interest in football stadia construction as sad as that probably sounds.

When I'm finished I'll happily credit all contributors and send it onto the club or fans groups to do something with it if they think it's up to scratch and if they so desire. Just thought I'd request permission as opposed to just lifting it and people finding out later and possibly being pissed off about it.

All the best.

Paul

Welcome to use any of mine, no credit needed. But if you want, you could credit this forum as the source.

All the best.

Paul

Can only speak for myself but bash on mate. Will be interesting to see what you produce.

...oh and if you WERE to gain financially through the material on this thread, make sure the BigHearts charity sees a wee donation eh :-)

Welcome to use any of mine, no credit needed. But if you want, you could credit this forum as the source.

Mine aren't the best but welcome to use any

Wayofthecass

Thanks very much.

Don't worry all sources including the board will get full credit.

I'll wait and see what other sources I hear from, if any, before moving forward and I'll be sure to keep in touch.

Thanks again,

Paul

Wayofthecass

Can only speak for myself but bash on mate. Will be interesting to see what you produce.

...oh and if you WERE to gain financially through the material on this thread, make sure the BigHearts charity sees a wee donation eh :-)

Thanks.

Will do.

All the best.

Thanks.

Will do.

All the best.

Have you any examples of previous projects? Have you done similar pieces for other stadia redevelopment in the past? Are you from Edinburgh? Many questions but I'm just interested in what led you here. Cheers.

...a bit disco

Have you any examples of previous projects? Have you done similar pieces for other stadia redevelopment in the past? Are you from Edinburgh? Many questions but I'm just interested in what led you here. Cheers.

May i point you in the direction of Plenty Of Fish Mr S.

Judging by the above technique you'll thank me in the long run.

:thumbsup:

May i point you in the direction of Plenty Of Fish Mr S.

Judging by the above technique you'll thank me in the long run.

:thumbsup:

ASL? :-)

Wayofthecass

Nothing really like this. That's actually why I'm keen to give it a go. Ultimately the process will be taking the relevant pictures, resizing them, colour correcting if necessary and then matching with relevant video footage and sticking it together in an editing suite with appropriate transitions and soundtrack etc. My interest in stadia development came about just from following the updates online in the past few years of how they reconstructed Bristol City's new stadium as well as the new stand at Anfield and the new Windsor Park in Belfast. I found it fascinating how something brand spanking new could come out of the ashes of in some cases completely dilapidated structures. The updates on all three seemed to be very inconsistent and by the end I was surprised with all three that they hadn't put together a montage to celebrate the whole process. I'm a supporter of Scottish football and as opportunities for new stadiums and stands etc don't come up, up here very often I thought this was a bit of a unique opportunity to do it.  Let's face it Aberdeen's new stadium isn't going up anytime soon and even if / when it does they plan for it to be miles away from the old ground which changes the dynamic of something emerging from the past such as like what we have with Tynecastle. 

I'm from Glasgow by the way.

Just passed. Couldnae get a decent picture as there were security guards floating about the McLeod St entrance.

Seems I was a bit premature saying the whole gable end was away. Turns out it's only a bit of it. Tried to get a pic but the quality is brutal...

bd1af7fec95a2f8f59327de37a679140.jpg

Hopefully you can make out sheets of the gable end HAVE been removed but some still remain. I'm hearing that the innards of the stand have almost been completely gutted out. The roof will be pulled down towards the pitch (which will obviously be protected) and this is to commence at the start of next week.

maroonlegions

Just passed. Couldnae get a decent picture as there were security guards floating about the McLeod St entrance.

Seems I was a bit premature saying the whole gable end was away. Turns out it's only a bit of it. Tried to get a pic but the quality is brutal...

Hopefully you can make out sheets of the gable end HAVE been removed but some still remain. I'm hearing that the innards of the stand have almost been completely gutted out. The roof will be pulled down towards the pitch (which will obviously be protected) and this is to commence at the start of next week.

WTF is that near bottom right, yeti.. :uhoh2:

Buffalo Bill

WTF is that near bottom right, yeti.. :uhoh2:

492b2c6634a9cbf15ef87a9a7beec8b5.jpg

sairyinthat

Could be Mr S. normal practise with that type of roof is undo the nuts and the hook bolts drop to the ground,sheets can then be slid out and stacked on top of each other crane can then lift them in stacks of say 10 and park them direct on to a flatbed lorry.

Watt-Zeefuik

The old Wembley Stadium had something similar.

wembleyold1.jpg

Late on this I know but I love this idea.  Ideal place to move the family section IMO -- put them up above the din, won't detract from atmosphere, less chance of bairns getting pelted with batteries when the OF comes to town, etc.

A_A wehatethehibs

I thought I'd be sad about the auld stand coming down but now it's just a case of hurry up and get that bastrd torn down so we can get some pics of the front of the new stand!

I thought I'd be sad about the auld stand coming down but now it's just a case of hurry up and get that bastrd torn down so we can get some pics of the front of the new stand!

I'm exactly the same.  :biggrin:

davemclaren

Late on this I know but I love this idea. Ideal place to move the family section IMO -- put them up above the din, won't detract from atmosphere, less chance of bairns getting pelted with batteries when the OF comes to town, etc.

Sat up there at the last FA cup final at the old wembley. Restricted view seats.

Right Sifter. If you go pass Tynecastle tomorrow and don't get a decent pic I'm reporting you. We all know you are doing this while you've got a fare on the meter!!!

Is that no the Roseburn End ??

Lucille's Thirsty

Can't see much of the gable end I'm afraid!

image.jpg

:rofl:

That bush must get annoying.

Right Sifter. If you go pass Tynecastle tomorrow and don't get a decent pic I'm reporting you. We all know you are doing this while you've got a fare on the meter!!!

Honestly Notts there's been days when I've knocked back fares to go and get pictures!! I'll be doon that way the morn, will defo get a better pic or two.

Have to say though folks, how come I get it tight for pics but lucky gits like Farin and Kila and Hearts1874 etc just get to add them as and when?!?! Get the pressure on them too ya arseholes :-)

Edited by Mr Sifter

Honestly Notts there's been days when I've knocked back fares to go and get pictures!! I'll be doon that way the morn, will defo get a better pic or two.

Have to say though folks, how come I get it tight for pics but lucky gits like Farin and Kila and Hearts1874 etc just get to add them as and when?!?! Get the pressure on them too ya arseholes :-)

I'm fairly sure Farin and Kila just wander down. You are making money out of tourists to get a photo!!!

None of the above is me taking the piss obviously.

North Berwick Jambo

Can't see much of the gable end I'm afraid!

image.jpg

:rofl:

That bush must get annoying.

Most untrimmed bushes tend to be that way, always blocking the view ;)

Jambof3tornado

What ones got recoloured? I'm lower E and we all got brand spanking new seats.