New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Lucille's Thirsty

I keep coming on here and expecting big things of course from the main stand but something needs to be done about those god awful roseburn seats.

Bad Religion

I keep coming on here and expecting big things of course from the main stand but something needs to be done about those god awful roseburn seats.

If I had enough money I'd pay to replace the existing seats in all three stands myself.

TyphoonJambo

That's a great photo. A lot of you are rightfully quite excited about the back of the new stand, but the important thing is definitely the inside, and it looks like it's going to be a great boxed-in football stadium.

Agreed, now we need the performances to get the crowd going, the place will be jumping.

Given how great the stadium will look and the brilliant facilities and increased capacity that are coming with the new stand you'd like to think that Tynecastle Park will become the preferred venue for cup matches that need a neutral venue and don't need to take place in Glasgow.

All roads lead to Gorgie

If any seats near the back are hard to sell that photo should see them go in double quick time now. Great photo.

Last couple of pictures have been absolute belters.

Cast your mind back to what a cauldron Tynie was with the old stand, then just imagine what it'll be like once the new one's in!

DDfZ9SXXUAAinYv.jpg

Is the part of the old stand still remaining containing the location of the mosaic?

Are they taking that part down with extra care?

How much does something like that cost Jamos out of interest

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

In the region of ?4500 once the VAT man has taken his toll, that includes ?1200 for 3 years "Membership" lol .... if it wasn't for the good of the club some would see that as no more than the club hanging fans upsides down until more money fell out their pockets.

I believe every members lounge from this season has a "Membership" fee for 3 years attached ... from ?300 for the fans lounge all the way to the ?1200 up in the Skyline

Edited by Jamos

troonmaroon

Is the part of the old stand still remaining containing the location of the mosaic?

Are they taking that part down with extra care?

I was going to ask about the mosaic too after seeing that picture. It's either as you say, or it's being covered / protected on some other way...?!

Just me, or is the 18yard line squint as ****? :lol:

It's straight, it's just the optics of the camera's lens distorting it a little

Any chance you can go to the left a bit, Section S, Row 24 and take another photo?

Magnificent photo.

Hope you don't mind arseholes. I'm in the very same row.

The new stand looks like it's going to be fantastic but that's the last bit of Tynecastle gone from when I was a lad and I don't mind admitting that last photo showing nothing left of the old stand left me with a lump in my throat.

Watt-Zeefuik

I've said I'm not a fan of glass curtain walls but I didn't anticipate how much the glass would act as a kind of concave "lens" reflecting Gorgie.

Like the Budge quote in my signature put into architecture.  You look at the stand that represents Hearts and what you see is Gorgie reflected back to you. Fantastic.

I was going to ask about the mosaic too after seeing that picture. It's either as you say, or it's being covered / protected on some other way...?!

Or moved temporarily

Great pictures

loveofthegame

Great pics. It feels like stand is still miles off but then you realise we still don't have a home league game for over 2months.

So exciting to see it going up, step-by-step.

Walking out to my usual seat in section G for that first home game with the new stand in place and full for Aberdeen is going to be a real "hairs on the back of the neck standing up" moment.

Honestly cannot wait.

Wow, how amazing does that look. Let's get the place rocking right from the off when the whistle goes for the first game against Aberdeen.

I'd love to see all seats replaced with a nice deep maroon, even the ones that make up the heart. Possibly just keep one in the centre of the Wheatfield.

SwindonJambo

I will again repeat my thanks to all suppliers of Photos. For Supporters both near and far from Edinburgh, all chipping in to FoH, buying match tickets and supporting the club in other ways, it is truly heartwarming to see the cash so well spent and I'm glad to see my DD go out every month. After such an insipid season, this has lifted my spirits right back up again and sure brightens up a dreich, overcast day in Swindon. It's exciting just to see it all taking shape and will be even more so once it's all done and I can travel to see it for myself.

I doff my cap to all working on the project and making it all happen so quickly. Someone on Facebook said it's pretty much an all-Jambo workforce too, which must make a big difference in motivation. If the team could perform as well as these guys, we'd be in for some season.

Edited by SwindonJambo

Artist impression of the new stand featuring on the sexy new match tickets.

Go on, take a snap if you're not pulling our leg

What a wonderful way with words mate!!

He is indeed one of the more eloquent 'hater of the Hibees' on this forum.  Only rivaled by Le Chat, imho!

This picture shows how much steeper the angle will be in the next section of the stand.

Never mind the stand, look at that beautiful pitch!

been here before

Go on, take a snap if you're not pulling our leg

Ill give it a try in a bit. Not too sure how to do it on the phone.

Leave it with me if no-one else does it first.