New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

1 hour ago, CMc said:

Oooft. 

The pitch will be in some state if that is the case. 

Not really, its a synthetic/grass hybrid. Should not be a problem

1 hour ago, CMc said:

We going to play on that pitch the day after the All Blacks? The same day as the Wallabies?

or are we going back to MF after we’ve been at Tynecastle?

http://www.autumn-internationals.co.uk/2017/scotland-v-australia.html

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/heart-of-midlothian/scores-fixtures/2017-11

Couldn't tell you all I know is the SRU have been asked to be ready for Celtic game if needed.

I also heard (not from SRU) that Hibs will be first game at Tynie.

Not saying any of above happening.

2 hours ago, graygo said:

I disagree with your last point, folk like me who have given them the benefit of the doubt up to now would soon change their standpoint in my opinion.

Is it not the case anyway that the initial agreement was for only 4 games?

If you look at other social media outlets then you will find seethe.

JKB, it members, not those who run it/moderate it, is very club friendly with many who cannot handle anything being said negative about anything to do with the club.

41 minutes ago, CMc said:

Ahh, got you. 

Still not not sure it would be profitable. 

Getting horsed off Celtic would not be a big draw. 

Given recent performances against Hibs, we’d not be getting the Hampden part timers out. 

Also, the Autumn internationals at Murrayfield are the day before Partick and the day of Ross County. No chance they can be played at MF. 

Yes, Hibs & all the other teams in the premiership, all know we're dire, frightened and vulnerable. I can count on one hand how many clear cut chances we created in the last 180 minutes of hoofball.  I'll continue to cherry pick my attendances, even though the fruit is bad. Part timer? Yes, why not? I part with my cash and expect to be entertained. What I witnessed at the Road & Murrayfield was not entertainment, in fact, HMFC should be hauled in front of the trading standards commission. ;) Professional footballers? Dream on, a few ain't even fit, blatantly lacking the most basic requirement. Billy Davies made a point, complete overhaul at Tynecastle required, he may be right.

Our home (Tynecastle Park) will be inspiring when complete, seething the current squad is not.

Regular, full time Jambo's, I admire you!

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Couldn't tell you all I know is the SRU have been asked to be ready for Celtic game if needed.

I also heard (not from SRU) that Hibs will be first game at Tynie.

Not saying any of above happening.

Surely there won't be another delay. I am getting really fed up with Murrayfield as it is and the thought of even more games makes me want to go on holiday until the long saga of the new stand finally ends.:mad:

4 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Surely there won't be another delay. I am getting really fed up with Murrayfield as it is and the thought of even more games makes me want to go on holiday until the long saga of the new stand finally ends.:mad:

For all that it's a exceptionally long and detailed statement, Ann Budge's  update on progress is noticeably lacking any indication as to when the club actually hope to have the stand ready ('soon' is the closest date given). If Murrayfield really is going to be required for even longer then I can only imagine the games involved would have to be moved to midweek. As somebody else has posted it seems unlikely they'd be played on the same weekends as the autumn Scotland rugby internationals.

9 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Very unlikely any more delays 

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, obua said:

Very unlikely any more delays 

Music to my ears. :thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

Some photos from about 20 minutes ago. 

A bit work still going on even today. 

IMG_20171029_142034.jpg

IMG_20171029_142018.jpg

IMG_20171029_141909.jpg

IMG_20171029_141652.jpg

IMG_20171029_141904.jpg

IMG_20171029_141619.jpg

I have a few inside pics from today. I will try and put them up later 

18 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Long saga ?

Behave yourself.

Six months ago we were still sitting in the auld stand.

That comment is typical of the modern day want it now attitude. 

Have a bit of patience ffs

3 minutes ago, obua said:

I have a few inside pics from today. I will try and put them up later 

Thanks Obua, always enjoy your photos from inside the stand :thumbsup:

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Long saga ?

Behave yourself.

Well the "short" wait then is impacting the team which is a little bit frustrating. If we were taking Murrayfield by storm it wouldn't be so bad I suppose and the delay wouldn't be noticed quite so much. I just want to be watching us playing at our proper home as quickly as possible so we can start to play as a Hearts team should using our ground as the fortress it should be.

35 minutes ago, Gambo said:

JKB, it members, not those who run it/moderate it, is very club friendly with many who cannot handle anything being said negative about anything to do with the club.

I think there is nothing wrong with criticism indeed have e mailed the club about something that I was not happy about.

There are some though who seem to have nothing good to say about the club.

They seem to revel in any setbacks rushing to post negative comments about the club and the players.

If they could be as vociferous in supporting the team at the games we wouldn't be having threads about the dreadful atmosphere at matches.

Some folk will never be happy as they are entitled to their opinion it's a kind of therapy for them.

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Well the "short" wait then is impacting the team which is a little bit frustrating. If we were taking Murrayfield by storm it wouldn't be so bad I suppose and the delay wouldn't be noticed quite so much. I just want to be watching us playing at our proper home as quickly as possible so we can start to play as a Hearts team should using our ground as the fortress it should be.

Yes I agree 100%.

We really have to do something about the team though. Even Mrs Budge must be having doubts about that side of the club.

Perhaps we will have to wait until FOH subscriptions start to drop before the penny will drop.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

31 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Yes I agree 100%.

We really have to do something about the team though. Even Mrs Budge must be having doubts about that side of the club.

Perhaps we will have to wait until FOH subscriptions start to drop before the penny will drop.

I seriously doubt our club will gain even a single point from any game played at murrayfield from now on.

I thought I posted this yesterday but it seems not.

When I was helping out with the Big Flag yesterday the SRU security guy said that he didn't think that we could play the Partick at MF and it will have to be at Tynie regardless. He suggested it was impossible for the game to be played at MF due to more commitments other than the Autumn internationals.

50 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Yes I agree 100%.

In CL she trusts so she will think everything is fine.

Jambof3tornado
55 minutes ago, obua said:

Here’s a couple from the second floor.

472ADAB7-8110-4B22-AB16-14176D2314CB.jpeg

EDF55389-40EB-47D6-B6F6-224F5E45131F.jpeg

Does the escalator need to be functioning for the stand to be ready for use?

Ta for the pics once again.

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Does the escalator need to be functioning for the stand to be ready for use?

Ta for the pics once again.

Second floor won’t be in use,first floor escalator might be but not critical

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, obua said:

Second floor won’t be in use,first floor escalator might be but not critical

Ta mate. Its getting there.

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Why wouldn't it be club friendly, we're all supposed to be Hearts supporters. Criticism is often merited but our default position should be to back and defend the club.

1 hour ago, HoGwash said:

Why wouldn't it be club friendly, we're all supposed to be Hearts supporters. Criticism is often merited but our default position should be to back and defend the club.

Yes it should but for some on here, the default is to slang the club. Gambo has an intense hatred for our manager so will never say anything positive while he is our manager. A bit sad really

19 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Yes it should but for some on here, the default is to slang the club. Gambo has an intense hatred for our manager so will never say anything positive while he is our manager. A bit sad really

What? Gambo doesn't like our manager?

News to me. (it's really not)

ps, nothing against Gambo, he's a good'un.

Edited by graygo

56 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Gambo has an intense hatred for our manager so will never say anything positive while he is our manager. A bit sad really

This isn't true. I saw a lovely picture of Gambo with Craig Levein a wee while back and it was smiles all round. 

Edited by Buffalo Bill

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

This isn't true. I saw a lovely picture of Gambo with Craig Levein a wee while back and it was smiles all round. 

What does that suggest?

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

XB52 dosent read Gambos posts. A bit sad really.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

What does that suggest?

That I got a picture taken with a playing legend.

I also got my picture with another playing great that day...SPH.

Your point caller?

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bill said:

This isn't true. I saw a lovely picture of Gambo with his arm around Craig Levein a wee while back and it was smiles all round. 

Don't know the guy personally but have seen him around ( just going by the famous photo with CL).

His trouble is that most people know his position regarding CL and therefor tend to file his comments as a predictable mantra.

The same could be said of the poster known as FA his hostility to FOH and AB is well known and most people tend to flick through his posts quickly.

This means that good posts get lost in the reputations of both.

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

A lot of people don't . See my earlier post.

I just say it the way I see it.

If we are good, like Aberdeen for an hour , i say it (A lot if folk must have been missing from JKB that day), if ee are poor i say it. Unfortunately we have been poor a hell of a lot more times than we have been good in the last 18 months.

The photo was also a piss take of myself but that seems to have been a 'woosh' moment for some, but hey if it let's some who are unable to debate the point post then so be it.

Edited by Gambo

5 hours ago, luckydug said:

Long saga ?

Behave yourself.

Amen.

7 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

I seriously doubt our club will gain even a single point from any game played at murrayfield from now on.

So what you're saying is you think we'll lose to Kilmarnock?

17 hours ago, luckydug said:

Long saga ?

Behave yourself.

This.

Regardless of the poor state of the playing squad the club have moved heaven and earth to get to where we are with the main stand. People who complain about the time it is taking have absolutely no clue of the programming nightmares a construction project faces.

Now we are into the colder months there could be more delays but I feel we are sufficiently far enough down the road with the external work that this should be minimal. To be where we are is testamount to some excellent team work by the club, design team and construction team.

Maybe everyone just needs to be thankful for what we are getting and be grateful there is a club still here to support, an alternative venue a stones throw away and that it won’t be forever!

letsalldothebeattie
16 hours ago, obua said:

Skyline moving on as well36E57F7E-61C1-4D30-B480-024C23EEF9FF.thumb.jpeg.2ae6480be93c96a3c87f65362e3d6eae.jpeg390AAA5A-61AD-48D2-A789-4E8A73778EC0.thumb.jpeg.0fcad03bdee3f8e7c244d2bb7c2bb68e.jpeg2E36F8D4-6A1E-4D77-BF86-BA068E9C60B8.thumb.jpeg.b0f09697e5c6a81669583450f1c41005.jpeg

Nice to see they’ve put in a hanging area for any fans who can’t take it anymore when we move back home 

4 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Nice to see they’ve put in a hanging area for any fans who can’t take it anymore when we move back home 

:lol:

At least we are paying rent to the SRU.

What would the seethe be like if Hibs were our temporary landlords ?

Don't think we would be getting anything like the crowds we get at Murrayfield.

19 hours ago, Manny1874 said:

Some photos from about 20 minutes ago. 

A bit work still going on even today. 

IMG_20171029_142034.jpg

IMG_20171029_142018.jpg

IMG_20171029_141909.jpg

IMG_20171029_141652.jpg

IMG_20171029_141904.jpg

IMG_20171029_141619.jpg

Great photos ?

I might have missed this elsewhere but are they still having trees either side of the crest as it looks like this area has been completely mono blocked?

6 minutes ago, Marwood81 said:

Great photos ?

I might have missed this elsewhere but are they still having trees either side of the crest as it looks like this area has been completely mono blocked?

They will be in containers

Dagger Is Back
5 minutes ago, Marwood81 said:

Great photos ?

I'm sure it would make sense to put potted trees in if you know what I mean. Having planted trees would just cause problems with roots etc?

Well it sounded reasonable in my head!