Crap celebrity sighting

GlasgoJambo

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
luckyBatistuta

A gentleman never tells. But he did say 'goodbye' when he left.

Surely you mean 'once he exited the back door' :wink:

Surely you mean 'once he exited the back door' :wink:

Ooo er.

20-odd years ago I was in the same hotel as him in Inverness. There was a leisure club / pool and he obviously fancied a dip one night.

He was (maybe still is) incredibly popular up here.

Also got hit in the nads by Joan Bakewell's umbrella while walking past the King's.

That sound like a rotten euphemism. "He's got a welt on him like Joan Bakewell's umbrella"

Bridge of Djoum

Living and working where I do.....

Bill De Blasio has a house on my block in Brooklyn. See him most days. 

John Krasinski and Emily Blunt moved round the corner a few months ago. Seen them 2 days ago.

Kelly Osbourne.

Meryl Streep.

Sam Worthington.

Edie Falco.

Willem Defoe.

Jeff Goldblum.

The best was Dave Mackay though, after the 2006 SC final. Saw him on Mcleod street, shook his hand. I was almost in tears.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Ooo er.

20-odd years ago I was in the same hotel as him in Inverness. There was a leisure club / pool and he obviously fancied a dip one night.

He was (maybe still is) incredibly popular up here.

Did he?

hqdefault.jpg

Have had a pint with Wayne Foster, probably along with most folk on here!

Narrowly avoided mowing down Tommy Sheridan on my bike whilst hammering down the Royal Mile. In retrospect, probably should've hit him, might've got on Reporting Scotland...

luckyBatistuta

Have had a pint with Wayne Foster, probably along with most folk on here!

Narrowly avoided mowing down Tommy Sheridan on my bike whilst hammering down the Royal Mile. In retrospect, probably should've hit him, might've got on Reporting Scotland...

:facepalm: how could I forget having Super Wayne in my taxi.

William H. Bonney

Shared a hot tub with Daniel O'Donell.

Walked past Jonathan Sutherland at Hampden a couple of weeks ago at the Liff match. He was eating chips.

Was he wearing his sports socks?

Barry McGuigan was in Ocean Terminal Pure Gym last week with his son Shane.

(They were up for Josh Taylor's fight)

I had a Saturday job in Jenners and saw Graeme Souness, Angela Rippon, Rory Bremner, and hard nut turned sculptur Jimmy Boyle. Not all on the same day I should add.

I also saw Ricky Gervais in the cafe royal. He's almost as broad as he is tall.

Say What Again

Bill Beaumont stopped to asked me how to get to Waverley Station, while walking down the Lawnmarket.

Many of these are simply celebrity sightings.

I saw john leslie outside c&a princes Street filming for blue Peter. He was wearing that God awful green tartan suit designed by a 6 year old. And it was raining. Does that count?

I saw john leslie outside c&a princes Street filming for blue Peter. He was wearing that God awful green tartan suit designed by a 6 year old. And it was raining. Does that count?

Yeah, that's pretty crap.

Fred McAuley at Prestonfireld House, spoke to him, a nice guy.

Recently sat a table away from him at the Ship Inn in Elie.

That was crap, now I think about it.

Food was nice.

Saw Jim Spence other side of the road before a Scotland game, don't think he was best pleased when I started singing 'Jim Spence, yer a ######' mind you, ahwell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not surprised given the abuse he, his wife and kids have received from Rangers fans for nkt towing the party line.

Chatted to Kris Akabusi at Murrayfield. The chat consisted of him saying "It's cold today." and me saying "Aye."

(He was there to take part in something for a Noel Edmonds show, which they filmed at half time.)

luckyBatistuta

Chatted to Kris Akabusi at Murrayfield. The chat consisted of him saying "It's cold today." and me saying "Aye."

(He was there to take part in something for a Noel Edmonds show, which they filmed at half time.)

I take he said "It's cold today" followed by his annoying fake laugh.

zoltan socrates

Taxi journeys with

J.K Rowling

Nicholas Parsons

Rodney Bewes

Ruby Wax

Craig Hill

Fred MacAuley

Sinitta

Martin Compston

Ian Rankin

Tom Kitchin

Jimmy Carr...briefly :lol:

Dara ? Briain

What was rodney bewes like? Likely lads were a favourite of mine was he as whingey in real life?

For me literally bumped into dave stewart at tower records london, spoke to gallacher minor at la belle angel, spoke to richard ashcroft at 9c, got photaes wi isla fisher on set at summer bay

Shanks said no

One Fat Lady (CDW) on a flight to Tobago, spent quite a bit of time at the bar / galley area with her. Enjoyed a drink!

Girl from Hollyoaks in Sharm, she sunbathed next to us every day, probably because we had never seen Hollyoaks whereas everyone else was pointing her out constantly

Weird one that had wife excited was the big Jamaican woman from Googlebox, spoke to her at Glasgow airport

Susan Boyle in Balbardie in Bathgate

Bloke off EastEnders Michael Gecko or something, Glasgow Airport lounge

My old man's favourite one was Heathrow Airport, very busy, height of NI troubles, dad realised no one was standing next to him except one man, Ian Paisley, everyone else kept a wide berth in case someone took a pop at him.

Barry McGuigan and Billy McNiel at Boxing matches

Jock Stein petro station

luckyBatistuta

What was rodney bewes like? Likely lads were a favourite of mine was he as whingey in real life?

For me literally bumped into dave stewart at tower records london, spoke to gallacher minor at la belle angel, spoke to richard ashcroft at 9c, got photaes wi isla fisher on set at summer bay

Well mate, you did ask :lol:

Was driving through the Cowgate when I saw this guy in a pure white suit with his wife. As soon as I slowed down I realised it was him. They get in and we're chatting away and the both of them couldn't be friendlier. We're having a great chat and I say ' I loved watching you in the Likely Lads, it was one of my favourite programs'...cue awkward silence!!! Ok, I just carry on chatting and so does his wife, but he then blanks me for the rest of the journey and just walks off when he gets out. His wife couldn't have been nicer, but wtf is his problem, he did star in the program ffs. I could see the problem if I had said that it was shoite, but I complemented it.

Samuel Camazzola

Living and working where I do.....

Bill De Blasio has a house on my block in Brooklyn. See him most days.

John Krasinski and Emily Blunt moved round the corner a few months ago. Seen them 2 days ago.

Kelly Osbourne.

Meryl Streep.

Sam Worthington.

Edie Falco.

Willem Defoe.

Jeff Goldblum.

The best was Dave Mackay though, after the 2006 SC final. Saw him on Mcleod street, shook his hand. I was almost in tears.

Not exactly crap sightings then.

I saw John Leslie at The One Spa above The Sheraton. My other half at the time said to him she recognised him from somewhere. He gave a nod and a smirk to suggest he was "sort of a big deal". She then followed it up with "You shop at TV Maxx don't you?" He moved on to one of the other facilities quite swiftly after that.

Other crap sightings include Callum Best, Bianca Gascoigne and Alisha Dixon in Puerto Banus. Trevor from Eastenders (he was in it 10 - 15 years ago but think he was doing a stage show in Edinburgh at the time).

Got interviewed by a youthful Jonathan Sutherland in his early (radio) years...well, half-interviewed until I suggested someone more interesting for him to talk to so I could bugger off and get a drink.

Met Grant Stott at some event while I was at uni - He was pretty pished but actually seemed like a really nice guy despite the Hibs connections... and his deviant brother. Think he even bought me a pint.

luckyBatistuta

Met Grant Stott at some event while I was at uni - He was pretty pished but actually seemed like a really nice guy despite the Hibs connections... and his deviant brother. Think he even bought me a pint.

Picked him up a lot too, he is a really nice guy, just knows fek all about football.

Many of these are simply celebrity sightings.

Indeed

Anthony from Blue in Topman - crap

Chatting to Dave Mackay at a Cup Final - not crap

Otherwise we're just opening the door for Tazio to tell us how he went out with Sarah Cracknell.

I sold Sandy Clark a three pin plug many years ago. He was wearing his big early nineties manager's jacket.

It was an electrifying experience.

I sold that wee fud Darren Jackson a portable TV again years ago.

He wanted a discount because it was off the shelf with no box. I refused to reduce the price. If it was Alan Mclaren then he might have got a fiver off.

I mention Alan because I used to see him at the Fort now and again, when the old cinema and 10 pin bowling place were there. He always had a very red face.

Anyway, I had to carry the TV out to the car because Jackson's bint said he was injured. :laugh:

I bought a copy of Big Slim's autobiography from him in the club shop around '95.

There was no one else there at the time. I felt a little sorry for him.

When I spoke to him at his wee table, my legs started to shake because confronted by a total legend, I became very nervous.

Bloke from Snow Patrol, the singer. Had been to one of their early gigs (Andrew the Starfighter Pilot days, before they just copied Coldplay), and had bought one of their T-shirts. They were packing up their equipment outside the Liquid Rooms and I wanted to put the T-shirt on, so asked him to hold my JD and Coke. ******* drank it. Still owes me a drink.

Allegedly a bit of a pest too, back in his polis days.

Seymour M Hersh

Saw that horrid pair of hibby to$$ers Leslie and his ersehole of a brother Stott with their mum and dad on Christmas day at the Apex International years ago. Nearly spoiled my turkey dinner. On the upside though the legend that is Robbo was also there with his now wife and managed to have a drink and a natter with them.

Taxi journeys with

J.K Rowling

Nicholas Parsons

Rodney Bewes

Ruby Wax

Craig Hill

Fred MacAuley

Sinitta

Martin Compston

Ian Rankin

Tom Kitchin

Jimmy Carr...briefly :lol:

Dara ? Briain

So, which one from this list was the culprit for pissing in your cab?

I P Knightley

I was at some ice skating and there were two people who were on the X-Factor at the time. A brother and sister act. She was blonde. I'd never watched X-Factor so can't tell you any more.

Plenty that aren't crap.

Oh - does John Major's brother, Terry Major-Ball, count?

When I worked in the Kings Arms in Tollcross, David Essex came in. Had a blether with him along the lines of " what you after pal". Pint of 80 please. "?1.75 please". Cheers.

To be fair, the guy was that stoned I don't think I could have got any more of a yarn from him.

Picked him up a lot too, he is a really nice guy, just knows fek all about football.

His creep of a brother in Montpeliers. Disgusting individual.

Roger Moore - charming fellow.

zoltan socrates

Well mate, you did ask :lol:

Was driving through the Cowgate when I saw this guy in a pure white suit with his wife. As soon as I slowed down I realised it was him. They get in and we're chatting away and the both of them couldn't be friendlier. We're having a great chat and I say ' I loved watching you in the Likely Lads, it was one of my favourite programs'...cue awkward silence!!! Ok, I just carry on chatting and so does his wife, but he then blanks me for the rest of the journey and just walks off when he gets out. His wife couldn't have been nicer, but wtf is his problem, he did star in the program ffs. I could see the problem if I had said that it was shoite, but I complemented it.

Well there yougo, id heard anecdotally, that he was miffed that james bolam got the kudos from that show, especially the whatever happened to....run and was raging that he was typecast to the role of bob

Pity because im sure thered have been plenty of funny tales from recording those shows and series

Humpty in real life git

marshallschunkychicken

Leslie Phillips.

Adrian Eccleston.

Don Cheadle.

Also, the aforementioned Jimmy Boyle used to live four doors up from me, so saw him quite often.

Not surprised given the abuse he, his wife and kids have received from Rangers fans for nkt towing the party line.

tbf it must have been +10 years so before all that shambles [emoji1303].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckyBatistuta

So, which one from this list was the culprit for pissing in your cab?

All but two from that list were delightful passengers.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I saw Johny Vegas at the Scott monument, Chris Tarrant at Edinburgh Airport and Elvis ( not that one ) in Sainsburys. Are they crap enough ?

Rupert Pupkin

Sat opposite Ian Woosnam on a shuttle bus from the Manchester airport carpark to the main terminal. My wee brother sat next to Leicester legend Frank Worthington on a flight to Jamaica when he was a young lad about 20 years ago. Even sent him up a signed photo letter and signed top . Bound to be worth a few quid to the right person.

luckyBatistuta

His creep of a brother in Montpeliers. Disgusting individual.

Roger Moore - charming fellow.

I have picked him up too, but I ain't discussing that on here.

Archived