Crap celebrity sighting

GlasgoJambo

Just saw ex SFA Chief Exec Gordon Smith buying a retractable USB cable from Poundland in Partick.

This is both a crap celebrity and a crap sighting.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once saw Anthony Costa from Blue perusing some jackets in Topman on Princes Street

I was at a random afterparty once in Glasgow after a rave in a tunnel / lockup thing near the SWG warehouse that I'd DJ'd at and that Darius guy from the TV karaoke show that he was on stuck his head in the door and said " hey mate, have you seen Colin?"

I had never met Darius before and I had no idea who Colin was.

My mate was too incoherent to reply so I had to do the talking.

I said "Sorry Darius, I've not seen Colin for a ages mate".

Darius winked, clicked and did a little pistol motion with his hand, thanked me and disappeared off to find his missing friend.

That was the last I saw of Darius. :laugh:

I saw James Nesbitt in some boozer in London - apparently he was with someone from Sherlock who wasn't Cumberbatch/Freeman (I don't watch it). I had to resist the urge to tell Nesbitt how much of a ***** I think he is. My drunken Irish mate lacked that self-control when he saw him in a boozer in Belfast.

I once walked passed Robbie Coltrane. I was on the opposite side of the road and walking in the opposite direction. A couple of girls were running behind him, shouting his name.

Салатные палочки

Shell Suit Boab and Kelly Marie (2-4-1 crap sighting) from River City smoking outside the Liquid Lounge in Glasgow in 2006.  

I'm sure there has been crapper.  

Once saw Mr C at an after party in a random Dundee hairdressers. Also Steve Mclaren outside Peterborough train station.

Салатные палочки

There is crapper. Alan McGregor's blonde missus in got out her white BMW at Royal Exchange Square.  A right torn faced boot if ever I have seen one but, want to have seen her erse in the white jeans from the back.  

Once saw Mr C at an after party in a random Dundee hairdressers. Also Steve Mclaren outside Peterborough train station.

Mr C?

I once dunted Archie Kirkwood MP over the head with my rucksack as I was moving up the aisle on a London-Edinburgh flight. If I'd recognised him before doing so, I'd have made sure to clatter him harder.

A guy I used to work with had his own wee website for stuff like this, my favourite anecdote from this being that his sister's cat had once ran up Brian Eno's chimney*.

(*No, sorry, not a euphemism...)

Worked at JL in their audio & TV bit as a student years ago and sold Tom Farmer a telly. JL had a queuing system, where the customer would go to the reception desk during busy periods and we'd jot down their name and appearance so the next free sales person could deal with them.

I didn't know who Tom Farmer was back then, and all the reception person told me was, "he's the Kwik Fit guy". I was wandering up and down trying to find someone in Kwik Fit overalls...

Does Paul Kane count? He was at my kids sports day.

Can Paul Kane count (beyond 10)?

Салатные палочки

I was at a random afterparty once in Glasgow after a rave in a tunnel / lockup thing near the SWG warehouse that I'd DJ'd at and that Darius guy from the TV karaoke show that he was on stuck his head in the door and said " hey mate, have you seen Colin?"

I had never met Darius before and I had no idea who Colin was.

My mate was too incoherent to reply so I had to do the talking.

I said "Sorry Darius, I've not seen Colin for a ages mate".

Darius winked, clicked and did a little pistol motion with his hand, thanked me and disappeared off to find his missing friend.

That was the last I saw of Darius. :laugh:

:gok: 

Some guy.  

luckyBatistuta

J.K. Rowling, Nicholas Parsons, Rodney Bewes, Will Ferrell

and stared out Mike Tyson :smugger:

I've quite regularly pass the BBC political reporter Brian Taylor on Market St. He's massive and every time I see him waddling along I worry he's going to have a heart attack and I'm going to have to perform cpr.

Saw one of the Proclaimers during my lunch break a couple of years ago. Asked him if he had the time, he said half one. I replied, sorry I thought it was 5 to 1.

Салатные палочки

I've quite regularly pass the BBC political reporter Brian Taylor on Market St. He's massive and every time I see him waddling along I worry he's going to have a heart attack and I'm going to have to perform cpr.

He's a unit.  Head like a belisha beacon.  

Shanks said no

Ronnie Corbett, Gail Porter and Philip Schofield in fringe show audiences

Enoch Powell at Victoria Station - dressed as a Victorian strangely enough

Kate Moss next to me on tube, she then "followed" me up steps and I only noticed her because of the squealling girls wanting her autograph. Stop also served London Fashion week.

Met Jim Davidson and Bob Geldof in different bars

those are the random ones I can think of

I saw Tony Robinson being filmed outside Melbourne library. I'm assuming he was being filmed for Time Team or some other bollocks.

I thought about yelling "I have a cunning plan" at him but thought that I would look like a twat if I did.

Saw Jim Spence other side of the road before a Scotland game, don't think he was best pleased when I started singing 'Jim Spence, yer a ' mind you, ahwell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw Alistair Darling in M&S in the Gyle

Swam in the Roxburghe Hotel swimming pool at the same time as Elaine C Smith

Had a drink with Alan 'Rambo' McInally in Henry J Beans

Was in Manchester one weekend and was daydreaming, staring off into the busy crowd of shoppers. When I came out my daydream, I realised I was staring at someone who was staring back at me.  Took me a couple of seconds to realise it was Johnny Marr. When I told the missus, she was going daft, wanting to go over and speak to him, but I stopped her as he was with his wife.

Crap celebrity meets: 

jenny eclair, peter andre, russel howard (he's not funny and he wouldn't do 5-1), princess anne (ha, proper celebrity that one), a bloke from a boy band that i hadn't even heard of, deborah meaden, justin fletcher (mr tumbles), I'm sure there's more but they're all insignificant.

Danny Dyer would be in the list but he did the aforementioned 5-1 for me. 

luckyBatistuta

Taxi journeys with

J.K Rowling

Nicholas Parsons

Rodney Bewes

Ruby Wax

Craig Hill

Fred MacAuley

Sinitta

Martin Compston

Ian Rankin

Tom Kitchin

Jimmy Carr...briefly :lol:

Dara ? Briain

Crap celebrity meets: 

jenny eclair, peter andre, russel howard (he's not funny and he wouldn't do 5-1), princess anne (ha, proper celebrity that one), a bloke from a boy band that i hadn't even heard of, deborah meaden, justin fletcher (mr tumbles), I'm sure there's more but they're all insignificant.

Danny Dyer would be in the list but he did the aforementioned 5-1 for me. 

Add jeremey corbyn and david cameron to that if they count

I'm shit at recognising folk. It's usually a case of someone saying "did you see who that was...?" , and the moment has passed.

I got Edward Woodward's autograph when he was filming The Wickerman. I must have been 8 or 9 and didn't have a clue who he was. I think I chucked the autograph away on my way home.

Nothing remotely crap about the Mr C encounter!

...a bit disco

Shellsuit Bob, Geeky Deek and Raymond from River City coming out of the Western Bar as we were waiting to get in on a crappy stag do.

Here's one. Just saw that Phil McHugh ***** almost getting hit by a tram as he was too busy looking at his phone.

For clarity, "almost" is the crap bit.

Scott Brown's missus lived on my street so I used to see him quite a lot and I met John Leslie at a pantomime about 12 years ago. Think I win this one.

Saw Mikolaunus on the Royal Mile during the festival. I didn't throw a chinese at him unlike a certain other poster with Novikovas ;)

Once saw Daniel O'Donnell buying socks in a sports shop.

Shared a hot tub with Daniel O'Donell.

Walked past Jonathan Sutherland at Hampden a couple of weeks ago at the Liff match. He was eating chips.

There is crapper. Alan McGregor's blonde missus in got out her white BMW at Royal Exchange Square. A right torn faced boot if ever I have seen one but, want to have seen her erse in the white jeans from the back.

How do you see an arse from anything other than the back :lol:

Met Phil Jupitus on Broughton street once

For future reference for Jupitus stalkers he actually lives on Broughton Street. Dylan Moran lives in the New Town.

ex-killie now Motherwell keeper Craig Samson at Coldplay at Hampden in june.

Archived