Hearts after highly rated Irish winger

kimosavi

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Same link carries a report that celtic are after him too.

File under "Nope"

Celtic were also after Oshaniwa

:sob:

Guess The Crowd

Same link carries a report that celtic are after him too.

File under "Nope"

Bizarrely, it's exactly the same article, word for word, with the word 'Celtic' instead of 'Hearts'

Can't see us getting anywhere near him. Seems to be linked with loads of clubs down south which basically rules us out.

Unless we can get him on a Bosman he will go elsewhere, if he is that highly rated. Hearts have no chance.

I'm not so sure about that.  It depends upon his attitude to the game.

At 24 he does not have time to hang about (unless he just chases the money) in the reserves of a top English club whereas coming to us he will have a better chance of doing well more quickly.  If he does establish himself quickly here he can still get himself a transfer south having proved himself at a decent level.

The source is bullshit although for arguments sake I think people are underestimating us as a club for what we can offer players. We have managed to bring in guys like Kitchen, Sow and Djoum so why not this guy?

"Hearts is keeping tabs on Dundalk winger Daryl Horgan, according to a report in Ireland.

Horgan, 24, is currently widely viewed as the best player in Irish football and is on the verge of breaking into Martin O?Neill?s Republic of Ireland squad following his performances for the Lilywhites, who are closing in on their third successive Airtricity League Premier Division title and impressed in Europe this season as they became the first Irish side to reach the play-off round of the Champions League."

Sounds like an agent churning business imo.

He's 24 and his club have been doing well, his agent probably sees this as an ideal opportunity for him and the player to make a few bob.

Nothing wrong with that of course, and late developers are not unknown, but I won't be holding my breath.

Click bait...

They just want hits to make money off ads

this!

its a fake story, they have exactly the same article word for word with Falkirk, Preston, Brighton, Celtic, Luton and Nottingham Forest :as well  :lol:

scott herbertson

If I was him and had to choose I'd go for an English championship or division 1 team before an SPL team - far more chance of getting picked up on a big money deal, sad to say

George Best was a highly rated Irish winger and he ended up at the Giro.

Not for me.

He did. He was messed up from alcohol by then, though.

Winston Ingram

Dundalk's previous star was Richie Towell (remember him?)... went to Brighton and hasn't played a game yet. 

Celtic were also after Oshaniwa

Rudi Skacel also trained with Celtic before we signed him. A bit of good fortune that Strachan didn't fancy him.

We_are_the_Hearts

Rudi Skacel also trained with Celtic before we signed him. A bit of good fortune that Strachan didn't fancy him.

Lucky for us he can't defend corners

Some folk won't like the fifth word in the thread title :vrface:

Was there any need for that...This thread will go to a 4 pages car crash now!

Was there any need for that...This thread will go to a 4 pages car crash now!

The funny thing is, he is the first, and so far only person who has picked out that word.

Those will be the same folk who'll have trouble counting to five though

The funny thing is, he is the first, and so far only person who has picked out that word.

It was actually tongue in cheek.

...a bit disco

I bet nobody will mind it at all.

Indeed.

I'm pretty sure (though I could be wrong) that Josh Magennis isn't a member of JKB.

I remember the abuse Alan Maybury got for being Irish when he played for Hearts.

Oh, wait a minute. I don't.

I remember the abuse Alan Maybury got for being Irish when he played for Hearts.

Oh, wait a minute. I don't.

Lol

I liked Maybury. He wasn't adored that much where I sit mind.

Nothing to do with being Irish, just that others thought he was shite.

BangkokHearts

Lol

I liked Maybury. He wasn't adored that much where I sit mind.

Nothing to do with being Irish, just that others thought he was shite.

Brought Westlife along to Tynie though...

Certainly not surprised to hear that the Dundalk players are being watched after their efforts in the Europa League. Wonder if there is anyone else going to get a move.

Seymour M Hersh

: Listen, don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. [returns to the Germans] So! It's all forgotten now, and let's hear no more about it. So, that's two egg mayonnaise, a prawn Goebbels, a Hermann Goering, and four Colditz salads.

Archived