Kenny Miller

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

That's one of the funniest defences of them all trotted out in the wake of the Scottish Cup Final.

'Its not that I wanted Hibs to win, its just that I wanted Rangers to lose'.

:facepalm:

as opposed to- I didn't want Rangers to win I wanted Hibs to lose?

Or did you want Rangers to win?

You must have either wanted Hibs to lose or Rangers to win, which one was it?

That argument works both ways, my stance on both OF teams is quite clear, I want them to lose every game. Every game unless them winning meant Hearts benefited.

My stance is quite clear.

If you don't agree, fine, just use a more logical and sound argument than you just did.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot

What about aetheists?

And simpletons that can't understand basic debate points.

They deserve an apology after that cutting post also.

yip, I apologise to one and all.

Bazzas right boot

I have changed my mind.

Kenny Miller is a good example for any player with any talent that on the park you can have a good career if you have the right attitude, talent isn't everything.

But he is a wee helmet, I agree.

That argument works both ways, my stance on both OF teams is quite clear, I want them to lose every game. Every game unless them winning meant Hearts benefited.

If you don't agree, fine, just use a more logical and sound argument than you just did.

That Cup final.

I just couldn't bear watching the two of them so I did the decent thing and fecked off to Spain for a fortnight.

I never watched the game and only saw the winning goal by accident months later. promptly switched the telly off straight away.

If I didn't see it it never happened. :laugh:

My stance has been clear on the cup final pretty much since the moment it was clear who would be taking part in it.

I wanted Rangers to win the cup final BECAUSE that happening would mean Hibs would have lost it.

Not sure what was illogical or non-sound about my argument.

I wanted Rangers to win the cup - that because my hatred for our RIVALS and the over century old tradition of them not winning the thing is considerably more important to me, as a Hearts fan, than my hatred for The Rangers.

You wont ever find me trying to hide behind a stupid statement like 'its not that I wanted Rangers to win' - on that day I did. And i'm of the belief that every single one of us as Hearts supporters should have wanted the same thing.

However, we digress - lets get back to your ridiculous statements about how Kenny Miller is the ULTIMATE role model and the IDEAL professional............. lets here your logical and sound arguments for those points.

My stance has been clear on the cup final pretty much since the moment it was clear who would be taking part in it.

I wanted Rangers to win the cup final BECAUSE that happening would mean Hibs would have lost it.

I wanted Rangers to win the cup - that because my hatred for our RIVALS and the over century old tradition of them not winning the thing is considerably more important to me, as a Hearts fan, than my hatred for The Rangers.

You wont ever find me trying to hide behind a stupid statement like 'its not that I wanted Rangers to win' - on that day I did. And i'm of the belief that every single one of us as Hearts supporters should have wanted the same thing.

However, we digress - lets get back to your ridiculous statements about how Kenny Miller is the ULTIMATE role model and the IDEAL professional............. lets here your logical and sound arguments for those points.

This'll be interesting.

That Cup final.

I just couldn't bear watching the two of them so I did the decent thing and fecked off to Spain for a fortnight.

I never watched the game and only saw the winning goal by accident months later. promptly switched the telly off straight away.

If I didn't see it it never happened. :laugh:

That is so funny luckydug. I was in Spain for 3 weeks after that final having arrived on the Friday before.

I caught the result in a little bar in a small town. I then ignored it for the next 3 weeks and arrived home as if it had never happened.

I can however beat you in one respect. I have never seen the winning goal, or any of the goals for that matter and will never see it so like you I believe it never happened. :lol:  :lol:

Would it be possible to dislike this horrible little [Mod Edit] any more than I already do?

Played for Hibs, Celtic and The rangers = utter [Mod Edit]

Missed sooo many chances when playing for [Mod Edit] Scotland = utter [Mod Edit] useless [Mod Edit]

The TOTALLY intentional attack on Kevin McHattie = utterly [Mod Edit] useless, snidey, horrible, *hitebag, evil [Mod Edit].

Although I remember ***** McGrain destroying Peter Sheils' career with another horror tackle at Dankheid

Or even that Dutch  [Mod Edit] Neuman on Gary Wales

I personally(and rather obviously), have quite a low opinion of the OP's favourite player, it would appear that I am not alone in this belief. I would contend based on his recent arrest for assault in a restaurant and the fact there was complete disregard for a fellow professional's career with an apparently completely pre-meditated "horror" tackle, there would be little I would regard as exemplary in any aspect of this man's inglorious career. 

Oh, P.S. my humble slimy apologies for being such an utter and "complete and utter pond dwelling buffoon". However probably better than being a poltroon!

I agree 100%

I have changed my mind.

Kenny Miller is a good example for any player with any talent that on the park you can have a good career if you have the right attitude, talent isn't everything.

But he is a wee helmet, I agree.

The tackle on McHattie - end of debate!!

Young players should look at him and learn. A true professional

Agreed. Go to the ends of the earth for a payday.

Mercenary prick.

I don't give a **** Collywolly. You could be anyone for all I know. Maybe you are just an attention seeking negative suicide case who supports Hearts, but is now utterly depressed. Maybe you support another team and get your jollies from ripping in to everything about Hearts. I don't know. I'm merely pointing out that you are negative about absolutely every single Hearts related topic.

I'll leave the board off my own steam thanks. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in a couple of years. It won't be over a bet with someone who I have absolutely zero respect for though. :thumbsup:

I had colly down as a hobo very early on and just put him on ignore. Due to people quoting him I still see some of his posts and it seems he may well be a Hearts fan but, either way, he is best ignored IMO 

I had colly down as a hobo very early on and just put him on ignore. Due to people quoting him I still see some of his posts and it seems he may well be a Hearts fan but, either way, he is best ignored IMO

Boldly proclaiming to have people on ignore on a football forum.

Your sense of self importance is boundless

Well said.

I can also admit that I was delighted to see celtic beat them in 2013 (and 1999, I think?). Absolutely delighted.

Bazzas right boot

I wanted Hibs to win because it meant Rangers would get beat.

I hate Rangers( and Celtic) more.

Your of the  belief that every Hearts supporter should have felt the same- sorry did you write the book n supporting Hearts? I accept your reasons, I understand them. Don't tell me what I should think.

Kenny Miller is a very average player who has over 50 caps, played in a few countries and won several trophies. He's made the most of his limited talent. I don't think he's been arrested or wasted money like some other players have.

He is a bit of a prick, and the  pics at Motherwell and  his tackle on McHattie show he isn't perfect.

But I think for a pretty average player, hes had a very good career and as I said not been involved  in any scandals like some players.

I brought it up as I watched the game yesterday, he was playing, thought it was worth a chat. I was wrong.

You don't agree

Your of the  belief that every Hearts supporter should have felt the same- sorry did you write the book n supporting Hearts? I accept your reasons, I understand them. Don't tell me what I should think.

Kenny Miller is a very average player who has over 50 caps, played in a few countries and won several trophies. He's made the most of his limited talent. I don't think he's been arrested or wasted money like some other players have.

He is a bit of a prick, and the  pics at Motherwell and  his tackle on McHattie show he isn't perfect.

But I think for a pretty average player, hes had a very good career and as I said not been involved  in any scandals like some players.

I brought it up as I watched the game yesterday, he was playing, thought it was worth a chat. I was wrong.

You don't agree

You're wrong on the Cup Final.

You're right about Kenny Miller.

It's a crazy world!

Going back to the OP.

Considering the twisted face antics of Miller at times, the mchattie incident and reaction... I think the sentiment is misplaced.

I'd say Neilson as a player is much more of a role model i.e. For

effort and commitment, conduct, loyalty, making the most of limited talent, not getting involved in the nasty side of the game, winning a trophy, getting international squad recognition etc

Miller has had a good career but I don't get the role model bit.

Bazzas right boot

You're wrong on the Cup Final.

You're right about Kenny Miller.

It's a crazy world!

he he, fair enough, in al honesty if  you splymy opinion on the final down to a % it would be 51% Hibs, 49% Rangers, whoever got beat was getting a ribbing from me, whoever won, I was staying silent.

IMO, at the time with Hibs  in the championship and Rangers coming up it was the best for Hearts fc, No rangers with the chance of Europe etc, but I do get folk wanting Hibs beat every game, I want them to stay down and get pumped every week, as I say my feeling towards the OF go beyond football, I find them horrible institutions with a vile culture, Hibs are just  shitty football team. At the moment a very shitty football team.

This thread is beginning to make me think about hammering nails into my baws.

I'll take a PM

Another interesting twist to this thread.

Bazzas right boot

This thread is beginning to make me think about hammering nails into my baws.

Not quite sure how that would work, if you follow through with it, let me know how it goes. :bomb2: 

Good.

That's that over then.

Phew!

It should have been, but you've brought it back to the top of the board, ya ****** ****

You don't agree

FWIW.

I think Kenny Miller is a good player, and as far as his own career is concerned he has been an exemplary professional.

However the above mentioned tackle, imo, will forever mark him as an a******e. Kevin McHattie had established himself over the previous months as a very good left back with a potentially very bright future. He was out of the game for months after that and didn't regain his form with Hearts.

McHattie is still  young, and the last time I saw him for Raith against Ayr he was the outstanding player on the park. Here's hoping there's still time for him.

Bazzas right boot

FWIW.

I think Kenny Miller is a good player, and as far as his own career is concerned he has been an exemplary professional.

However the above mentioned tackle, imo, will forever mark him as an a******e. Kevin McHattie had established himself over the previous months as a very good left back with a potentially very bright future. He was out of the game for months after that and didn't regain his form with Hearts.

McHattie is still  young, and the last time I saw him for Raith against Ayr he was the outstanding player on the park. Here's hoping there's still time for him.

Aye got the touch of the "Frails" about it.

FWIW.

McHattie is still young, and the last time I saw him for Raith against Ayr he was the outstanding player on the park. Here's hoping there's still time for him.

I would like to hope you're right about McHattie. When RN announced that Eckersley was leaving pre Rangers at Ibrox he indicated McHattie was his first choice. Seemed to fall out of favour pretty quickly thereafter.

I'm not convinced on evidence seen so far that Oshinawa or Rherras have been significant upgrades on McHattie

Interesting that pretty much all of Locke's recruits at Kilmarnock have been emptied and all have dropped at least one league. Two in the case of Carrick and Robinson

I would like to hope you're right about McHattie. When RN announced that Eckersley was leaving pre Rangers at Ibrox he indicated McHattie was his first choice. Seemed to fall out of favour pretty quickly thereafter.

I'm not convinced on evidence seen so far that Oshinawa or Rherras have been significant upgrades on McHattie

Interesting that pretty much all of Locke's recruits at Kilmarnock have been emptied and all have dropped at least one league. Two in the case of Carrick and Robinson

How is Carrick getting on?

It should have been, but you've brought it back to the top of the board, ya ****** ****

Honestly, is there any need?

What do the asterisks stand for?

I can only guess but please enlighten me.

I'm hurting here, I don't think you like me.

Honestly, is there any need?

What do the asterisks stand for?

I can only guess but please enlighten me.

I'm hurting here, I don't think you like me.

Tbh I went back to delete the asterisks but left it too late to edit the post.

I don't dislike you mate, it's all good.

Smith was the unlucky player for Rangers that day. Although his foul was worth a straight Red. In my opinion it was not the worst foul committed. Both Miller and Boyd committed worse but only received yellows. I thought Craig Thomson was the ref and not Charlie Richmond.

Tbh I went back to delete the asterisks but left it too late to edit the post.

I don't dislike you mate, it's all good.

I'll sleep like a wee baby tonight now.

mahgrassyshoes

I'll sleep like a wee baby tonight now.

Up greeting all night and shitting yourself if my wee one is anything to go by.

I have no idea if you two seriously dislike each other. If you do it'a refreshingly honest. If you don't it'a been mildly humourous. Either way it's probably the highlight of the thread.

Up greeting all night and shitting yourself if my wee one is anything to go by.

I have no idea if you two seriously dislike each other. If you do it'a refreshingly honest. If you don't it'a been mildly humourous. Either way it's probably the highlight of the thread.

How could I seriously dislike someone I don't even know?

It's only the Internet FFS.

Oh I hope so, dreaming of how many shite posts you'll accumulate in November.

Wait. You're not that guy from...eh...och cannae mind..

mahgrassyshoes

How could I seriously dislike someone I don't even know?

It's only the Internet FFS.

You get some looney's on the internet. Hating someone you don't know is nowhere near the worst of it. In fact, I'm not even sure it's the worst of kickback.

I'm a wee bit disappointed now.

What's the OP going to spraff on about next though, that's what I want to know.

No doubt he'll create some utterly bizarre thread just directly to ensure nobody forgets about him

Archived