Annan Youth Cup

Mikey1874

Footballfirst

Slightly different tangent, but what is happening with that Zidan Akers boy we signed a month or two back from down south...has he had any game time?

He played in the bounce game against Motherwell in midweek.

I don't know what the problem is with his registration though.  Maybe we will have to wait until the next window to complete it.

Funtime Jambo

This boy currie doing the buisness

Hes a delight to watch and has great vision heard hes not been playing up front for long!

Neilson's Shank

Thought Petkov was quite decent, prepared to take the ball under pressure and rarely gave it away, maybe a question about his pace? However, looked quite cultured and calm.

FF would appreciate your take on him

I was sitting beside his dad. He did ok, bar his own hand ball when a Harry Paton pass was heading for his face. It wasn't a difficult game to referee.

He chalked off a goal by Chris Hamilton late on, which I didn't see any reason for doing so.

Hamilton fouled the defender, by climbing all over him and pulling his shirt, and made no complaint when his "goal" was chalked off. You will see this if you watch the highlights on Hearts TV.

Hes a delight to watch and has great vision heard hes not been playing up front for long!

Where did this lad come from? He seems to have appeared out of nowhere.

Where did this lad come from? He seems to have appeared out of nowhere.

Rory Currie

Signed in summer. Previously at Celtic mostly and Rangers twice.

Footballfirst

Thought Petkov was quite decent, prepared to take the ball under pressure and rarely gave it away, maybe a question about his pace? However, looked quite cultured and calm.

FF would appreciate your take on him

I thought that Alex was pretty anonymous in the cup game. He certainly saw less of the ball than the other central midfielders, Irving and Paton.

I think here is a player in there, it's just that some games seem to pass him by.  He's still a young lad, but I'd like to see him exert more influence in the game, as he did in the EoS Shield game at Easter Road.

We_are_the_Hearts

I thought that Alex was pretty anonymous in the cup game. He certainly saw less of the ball than the other central midfielders, Irving and Paton.

I think here is a player in there, it's just that some games seem to pass him by.  He's still a young lad, but I'd like to see him exert more influence in the game, as he did in the EoS Shield game at Easter Road.

FF, what was the Full time result with Hearts and Celtic U14s on Sunday? Watched most of the first half and was 1-0 when I left. Not much in it but Celtic the slightly better team even though the wee number 7 had the best chance of the game. Hearts keeper and number 9 were some size for U14!!

Footballfirst

FF, what was the Full time result with Hearts and Celtic U14s on Sunday? Watched most of the first half and was 1-0 when I left. Not much in it but Celtic the slightly better team even though the wee number 7 had the best chance of the game. Hearts keeper and number 9 were some size for U14!!

I've no idea.  I only went to Tynecastle on Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...
Footballfirst

Celtic beat Edinburgh City 21-0 today.default_oops.gif

Scorers Archibald 21, Crossan 23, 27, Johnston 24, 32, 57, Ajer 26, 72, 74 pen., 79, Miller 38, 40, 45, 48, 70, Ralston 43, Hill 55, Hendry 80, Aitchison 85, 86, Wardrop 88

I'm amazed it took 21 minutes to open the scoring.

Interesting how teams can give a good effort early before they struggle

On the other hand maybe the dominant team can be too cautious early on.

Footballfirst

Today's results

Morton 10-1 Banks O'Dee

QOTS 2-1 Airdrie

Ayr 0-0 aet ICT (Ayr won 6-5 on pens)

Aberdeen 1-1 aet Hamilton (Aberdeen won 4-3 on pens)

Kilmarnock 6-1 Stirling Albion

Lossiemouth 0-9 Dundee United

Motherwell 1-0 Cumbernauld

Spartans 3-1 Clachnacuddin

St Mirren 0-2 Dunfermline

Partick 4-1 East Kilbride

Dundee 0-2 Hibs

Footballfirst

Any idea when the draw for the next round is FF?

I don't know but I'd expect that it will be sometime this week, with the ties to be played the first weekend in December. (at least going by the schedule in recent years)

Archived