Annan Youth Cup

Mikey1874

Hearts team

Mason Brandon Reid Jones K.Smith Petkov Morrison Paton Currie Irving Roy

Subs Leonard Hamilton Ritchie Sandison C.Smith

Footballfirst

I thought Hearts were poor in the first half with their decision making, shooting opportunities not taken, too many touches, and simple passes ignored.

The second half was much better, albeit against a tiring side.

Best for Hearts were Andy Irving and Ally Roy whose pace cause their defence all sorts of problems.

The final score could have been anything, with open goals missed and the woodwork hit twice.

I thought Hearts were poor in the first half with their decision making, shooting opportunities not taken, too many touches, and simple passes ignored.

The second half was much better, albeit against a tiring side.

Best for Hearts were Andy Irving and Ally Roy whose pace cause their defence all sorts of problems.

The final score could have been anything, with open goals missed and the woodwork hit twice.

Fair assessment, as usual, and hopefully this result will lend some impetus to improve in the league. Well done boys.

Footballfirst

How was the ref''s performance? I know him, he's a huge jambo.

I was sitting beside his dad.  He did ok, bar his own hand ball when a Harry Paton pass was heading for his face.  It wasn't a difficult game to referee.

He chalked off a goal by Chris Hamilton late on, which I didn't see any reason for doing so.

I was sitting beside his dad. He did ok, bar his own hand ball when a Harry Paton pass was heading for his face. It wasn't a difficult game to referee.

He chalked off a goal by Chris Hamilton late on, which I didn't see any reason for doing so.

Must have had 10-0 at the bookies:-)

Hearts played with good endeavour and enough skill to give a good account of themselves.

They kept going for 90 minutes and once they scored the third it became very simple.

Hard to tell with the opposition but Annan gave a good account of themselves until they started to let Hearts walk through them and at least 5 of the goals were down to poor defending as well as good pressure. Maybe tiredness came into it.

The pace of Morrison and Roy did most damage but the passing through the middle was decent.

Good to see some players I'd not seen. Decent group.

Slightly different tangent, but what is happening with that Zidan Akers boy we signed a month or two back from down south...has he had any game time?

Archived