Hibs fans

Cairneyhill Jambo

Cairneyhill Jambo

I was going to go to the Pars v Hibs game today with my missus but due to circumstances we couldn't make it. We went for a pint in the East Port Bar about 3:30pm and there must have been about 30-40 Hibs casuals in. It was like a photoshoot for Stone Island and Samba gutties. They were only looking for trouble. If you know the East Port, its normally a quiet bar but it was just a horrible atmosphere and regulars starting leaving after 4pm. They were clearly waiting on the Pars fans coming back after the game to cause trouble. Scumbags.

Shooter McGavin

Will say it for as long as I live, "Casual" culture is ridiculously cringy.

Grown men spending their days rubbing themselves to green street and going out to fight with fellow mutants at the weekends.

Grown men spending their days rubbing themselves to green street and going out to fight with fellow mutants at the weekends.

I think there should be a holding pen for all the "caz-yulls" wanting to "hae uh square go" after the game. They can fight to the death, evolution can prosper, and the average IQ of the nation will rise in turn.

Fxxx the SPFL

I was going to go to the Pars v Hibs game today with my missus but due to circumstances we couldn't make it. We went for a pint in the East Port Bar about 3:30pm and there must have been about 30-40 Hibs casuals in. It was like a photoshoot for Stone Island and Samba gutties. They were only looking for trouble. If you know the East Port, its normally a quiet bar but it was just a horrible atmosphere and regulars starting leaving after 4pm. They were clearly waiting on the Pars fans coming back after the game to cause trouble. Scumbags.

Probably the same arseholes I had the misfortune to be standing beside in the bar at Waverly Station this morning when I was heading down to Gala stone island pensioners day out not a scarf between them

In my day it was 'ID' as opposed to Green Street. Anyone who still aspires to that kind of youth culture once they turn 20 is ****ing tragic.

This. I get the whole fashion and music relevance to culture - that makes sense - but the fighting shit is just embarrassing. Especially in this day and age. Especially when it's mostly guys in their 40s and 50s doing their best to try and keep it alive.

Those days are gone, get over it, take up a new hobby and stop making a twat of yourself. It's not cool and it's seriously undignified. Oh, and stop mistaking polite avoidance or fear for respect. That too. I'd be completely mortified if it was my dad behaving like that.

This. I get the whole fashion and music relevance to culture - that makes sense - but the fighting shit is just embarrassing. Especially in this day and age. Especially when it's mostly guys in their 40s and 50s doing their best to try and keep it alive.

Those days are gone, get over it, take up a new hobby and stop making a twat of yourself. It's not cool and it's seriously undignified. Oh, and stop mistaking polite avoidance or fear for respect. That too. I'd be completely mortified if it was my dad behaving like that.

:spoton:

It's the weird old Peter Pan groomer types who try and encourage them that are the proper human carcrashes.

Shooter McGavin

I think there should be a holding pen for all the "caz-yulls" wanting to "hae uh square go" after the game. They can fight to the death, evolution can prosper, and the average IQ of the nation will rise in turn.

I'd certainly leave early (if the game was dross) to get front row access to witness such a spectacle.

Shooter McGavin

In my day it was 'ID' as opposed to Green Street. Anyone who still aspires to that kind of youth culture once they turn 20 is ******* tragic.

If you see a group of teenage "casuals" at the football you think to yourself "Just a bunch eh daft boys who'll soon realise how embarrassing their behavour is", or something along those lines

But when you see a group of men in their 50's swaggering down the street wearing old Stone Island jackets that have clearly been worn about 3,000 times, it just leaves you speechless

chester copperpot

I can kind of understand daft wee laddies thinking its cool, however these grown men who have jobs and families make me actually cringe.

I know a couple of guys who I went to school with who still go out looking for a scrap post match and still wear all the gear (tho I do like a designer label myself).

I dont hang about with them but do from time to time find myself in the same pub as them whilst back in my old area.

Its pretty sad to see one in particular still donning the pony tail and stone island stuff well into his 30's.

If you see a group of teenage "casuals" at the football you think to yourself "Just a bunch eh daft boys who'll soon realise how embarrassing their behavour is", or something along those lines

But when you see a group of men in their 50's swaggering down the street wearing old Stone Island jackets that have clearly been worn about 3,000 times, it just leaves you speechless

Indeed. Our own middle-aged groomer types are a total embarrassment too.

Car crash of a message board as Hibs.net is, the majority of posters on the thread are condemning the embarrassing neddish behaviour. It seems to be a problem with many away supports, where travel is obviously involved and people are sitting in one-off random places. The neddish element gets drunk and act like dickheads, some of our own lot included tbf. Hibs do seem to be worse than most though and are probably the next worst after the Toxic twins. So grim when it's guys in their 40s and 50s living in the past though.

J.T.F.Robertson

Only a bit of latent over-exuberance, they'll grow out of it. (if they don't kick the bucket first)

They have a larger element of scumbags within their support than would like to admit. Trouble follows that club around 

I love the musical culture behind it, and I like some of the fashion too, trainers mostly. As for the fighting, not my cup of tea but if grown men want to fight each other then so be it, I just wish they'd do it away from innocents.

Do it in a field where no ones around or whatever, keep it away from town/city centres where innocent people could get caught up and injured.

_92054954_scottish-cup-montage-week-5.jp

They don't seem to jubilant for supporters of a team that has just won the Scottish Cup for the first time in 114yrs?

...a bit disco

"Psycho killer...qu'est-ce que c'est"

"Psycho killer...qu'est-ce que c'est"

Je ne sais pas!

As previously stated, prob still would!

I was passing the east port with my 2 kids around 130 seen a couple of police officers talking to a bunch of guys wearing stone Island gear quite glad I didn't put my laddies hearts top on him

Which fight? There were three seperate fights in the area around me plus another one further down towards the front. The best one continued for most of the first half and involved an older fan objecting to a few younger fans referring to a Raith player as a refugee. I think he alerted the stewards to this issue but the younger guys claimed that they just called the Raith player an illigitimate jambo. It ran for ages but provided more entertainment than was on display on the park. The next fight was just after Bartley was sent off and a fan with a young daughter objected to the language being directed at the bald illegitimate referee by an angry gentleman seated next to a young lad. Again, mildly entertaining but it didn't have the legs of the other incident and tempers were cooled by the intervention of a sudden attack of common sense. The other incident I alluded to actually kicked off just before kick off and involved a gentleman who appeared to have successfully avoided salad for his entire life and an older chap who may have been seated in a seat which wasn't intended for him. A handbag situation developed but full body contact was averted when a fan sitting a row behind the incident bravely stood in the way of the two protagonists. This was merely the support bout for the action to follow and it brightened up an otherwise dull afternoon.

:facepalm:

sums them up it really does  :rofl:  :rofl:

To be fair there were 3495 Hibs fans at EEP yesterday making up nearly half the crowd. To get one absolute arse in a crowd that size is inevitable.

See this 'casual culture' term it's a complete fabrication much the same as they only fight with like minded individuals. In the 80s there was a culture. Nowadays those from times gone by and the new breed of casuals are about as closely associated to any cultural movement as a feminist is to a stag doo in an Amsterdam brothel.

They basically think a stone island patch instantly makes them a casual when the reality is it makes them a libertly taking tool who thinks football hooliganism is cool.

Nothing unusual about teenage/early 20s nonsense and enjoying yourself at away games but to actually think hanging about with another 20 clones trying to look intimidating is right.....it's just brain dead sad behaviour. If you're doing it in your 40/50s then you need help from a medical professional.

:spoton:

It's the weird old Peter Pan groomer types who try and encourage them that are the proper human carcrashes.

There's a few Benjamin Buttons among them too.

To be fair there were 3495 Hibs fans at EEP yesterday making up nearly half the crowd. To get one absolute arse in a crowd that size is inevitable.

There was a similar number in the Roseburn not long ago, they were pretty much to a man singing a racist song about a Hearts legend.

William H. Bonney

There was a similar number in the Roseburn not long ago, they were pretty much to a man singing a racist song about a Hearts legend.

What I've never understood is why hibs fans think skacel is a refugee. He's from the Czech republic.

What I've never understood is why hibs fans think skacel is a refugee. He's from the Czech republic.

Because their ned former player Derek Riordan and his ned mates sang it ten years ago and if there's one thing neds know best, it's blind ignorance and following the herd.

William H. Bonney

Because their ned former player Derek Riordan and his ned mates sang it ten years ago and if there's one thing neds know best, it's blind ignorance and following the herd.

True.

In agreement with others about the patheticness of older men as " casuals".  Absolute embarrassment and I always feel its rather suspect they hang around with young lads.  Weird

2011 ? You have some powers of recollection my friend.

:laugh:

Hard to forget those faces to be fair, they look like Cletus from the Simpsons' extended family.

...a bit disco

2011 ? You have some powers of recollection my friend.

:laugh:

A classic.

:biggrin:

That's not the issue being debated here though, is it? The thread is about one idiot throwing a can at East End Park to which I added a bit of context based on facts.

That's not the issue being debated here though, is it? The thread is about one idiot throwing a can at East End Park to which I added a bit of context based on facts.

The thread is about Hibs fans and their scummy behaviour. It's all very relevant.

Archived