Encouraging Kids back

Neon

Read a few topcs today on Kids playing for different clubs and a thread on what is the most boring sport.

Got me reminiscing about the tennents 6's and how fast paced the game would be.

In a time where youngsters are too busy staring at their phones and a dire need to promote our game to the younger generation do you believe there would be a desire to see this and would it help generate a new fan base for clubs?

Positives and negatives please.

I have thought especially at away games that the crowd is getting older.

Good health and we'll be fine for a while. But wonder if enough youngsters are coming in.

Soul destroying how many kids are stuck on their phones or game consoles. Even more soul destroying how bad our national side is with lack of talent. We were lucky enough to see the likes of Dalgleish, Souness etc. Our national side will never make a big tournament in our lifetime again. The computer/phone generation will only get worse. Our game will never be the same and will only continue to get worse. I'm normally an optimist too but our game is up the pole

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Soul destroying how many kids are stuck on their phones or game consoles. Even more soul destroying how bad our national side is with lack of talent. We were lucky enough to see the likes of Dalgleish, Souness etc. Our national side will never make a big tournament in our lifetime again. The computer/phone generation will only get worse. Our game will never be the same and will only continue to get worse. I'm normally an optimist too but our game is up the pole

A wee tad dramatic.

I have thought especially at away games that the crowd is getting older.

Good health and we'll be fine for a while. But wonder if enough youngsters are coming in.

If the atmosphere is anything to go by we're certainly leaning towards the auld fogie demographic. Not surprised the way youngsters have been ostracised by both our fans and the club.

It's the truth nod

C'mon. If NI & Wales can do it then I'm sure we can too with the right manager in charge.

If the atmosphere is anything to go by we're certainly leaning towards the auld fogie demographic. Not surprised the way youngsters have been ostracised by both our fans and the club.

Agreed. The way the young team were banned was OTT, in my opinion (as I have stated many, many times before). If they are not going to be allowed to return then perhaps the club should be pro-actively looking for a new young/singing section? 

Are young people not glued to phones all over the world? In Iceland, Wales and Lithuania, for example?

Are young people not glued to phones all over the world? In Iceland, Wales and Lithuania, for example?

Lets face it, it isn't just young people. I am 47 and constantly check my phone, whether I am on the bus, on a night out etc etc. It is just the way of the world now. 

Bridge of Djoum

It's the truth nod

That's an opinion, not a truth.

Dagger Is Back

Agreed. The way the young team were banned was OTT, in my opinion (as I have stated many, many times before). If they are not going to be allowed to return then perhaps the club should be pro-actively looking for a new young/singing section? 

Couldn't agree more. Poorly thought out to begin with, poorly planned and implemented, and the behaviour of some in the group saw it's inevitable demise. As far as I know nothing has been done to 're-educate' these youngsters and if that is the case, then it's an opportunity missed. I think there was an over reaction to a series of fairly minor incidents.

We have appointed a safety and security officer who is ex police, so maybe there's an opportunity for someone with a fresh outlook to give it a chance to work. With the new stand going up there's a big chance for Hearts to sit down and try to understand what the kids are looking for and how it could work. There are two sides to every coin I know but some of the lack of support they received was very disappointing.

Kids are constantly on the go and whether a bunch of old Jambo fogies like it or not, football is pretty boring for many youngsters all thing considered. Sitting on their hands for 90 minutes just doesn't compute with them and I can understand why.

I think if the older generation had reacted in a similar way as the current lot, 30/40 years ago, I'd hazard a guess that may of us would have been lost to the game.

Couldn't agree more. Poorly thought out to begin with, poorly planned and implemented, and the behaviour of some in the group saw it's inevitable demise. As far as I know nothing has been done to 're-educate' these youngsters and if that is the case, then it's an opportunity missed. I think there was an over reaction to a series of fairly minor incidents.

We have appointed a safety and security officer who is ex police, so maybe there's an opportunity for someone with a fresh outlook to give it a chance to work. With the new stand going up there's a big chance for Hearts to sit down and try to understand what the kids are looking for and how it could work. There are two sides to every coin I know but some of the lack of support they received was very disappointing.

Kids are constantly on the go and whether a bunch of old Jambo fogies like it or not, football is pretty boring for many youngsters all thing considered. Sitting on their hands for 90 minutes just doesn't compute with them and I can understand why.

I think if the older generation had reacted in a similar way as the current lot, 30/40 years ago, I'd hazard a guess that may of us would have been lost to the game.

Whilst posting on this earlier I was contemplating whether or not I'd have bothered going to Tynie as a boy if it was as it is today. The answer is probably not. You're spot on as well about a chance being missed to engage with these lads. It's a shame how it turned out and if kids are turned away or turned off then we're missing out on the future FoH subscribers and st holders of tomorrow. Not something we should be taking lightly given the direction the club is currently taking.

Let's hope the powers that be are aware of the problem. Pretty sure they'll have all the required info at hand. Let's hope they have plans to deal with it.

I'd say there are plenty of young kids going to hearts games. In fact from my point of view I'd say our support is made up of mostly kids 14 and under and adults 35+,with a severe lack of anything in between, that's not to say there isn't any there I see some scattered about at some games but nowhere near as much as there should be.

The 'family atmosphere' effect.

Malinga the Swinga

The decision to ban the so called Young team was the correct decision and nothing has happened to change that decision. The little thugs, encouraged by their elder groomers, deserved to be banned and should remain banned for the foreseeable future. Perhaps when they have learned how to behave in public and realise just how pathetic they acted, that decision can be reviewed. Judging by posts on Facebook, that day is a long way away.

The decision to ban the so called Young team was the correct decision and nothing has happened to change that decision. The little thugs, encouraged by their elder groomers, deserved to be banned and should remain banned for the foreseeable future. Perhaps when they have learned how to behave in public and realise just how pathetic they acted, that decision can be reviewed. Judging by posts on Facebook, that day is a long way away.

:spoton:

The Treasurer

Young "supporters" are welcomed and encouraged by the club and the rest of the fans, wee arseholes on the other hand are rightly told to GTF

Not sure about all the ins and outs with the 'young team' but there was a decent number in groups at Motherwell. Those I saw even dealt with a group of Motherwell youngsters outside the train station causing trouble pretty responsibly.

As above though it sems like a mainly 50 plus support. Hopefully get another 20/30 years out of them though.

Archived