The mystery of sell outs and swathes of empty seats

Craigieboy

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hackney Hearts

I just wish the club would stop announcing "sell outs". Just announce the attendance as bums on seats, not tickets sold.

They DO announce the attendance as bums on seats!

And why shouldn't they announce a sell-out if it IS as sell-out?

I'm just thrilled that Hearts fans are buying up around 16,200 home tickets for pretty much every league game these days (about 700 less for Cat A games when we're given less seats in the Roseburn. To me, that's quite brilliant. If 500 don't make it/can't make it from week to week, that seems an acceptably small number. Dundee sold 744 tickets for today's game, and only 734 actually attended. It's just the way it is. I get it that some people will make a bigger effort to be there for certain games than for others.

Quite like that the club are publishing attendance rather than sold figures too, and my guess for today is that the sold figures would have been very high if we include the re-sold seats released back to the club - of which there were a lot during this last week. I would imagine well over 17.000.

It was a sell out as someone from my work wanted a tic this morning. None available at the TO but he got my spare. So the club are announcing bums on seats hence the crowd today of 16500 odd when the amount of tickets sold is probably nearer 16900.

Dagger Is Back

People who buy a season ticket and dont turn up to a certain percentage of games should be barred from having ticket for the following season. It has a negative impact on atmosphere.

Get stuffed! I'm self employed and have to take on jobs before the fixtures are announced and even then they sometimes change.

I've missed loads of games over the seasons but that's just the risk I choose to take.

One of the stupidest comments I've ever read on JKB.

Take a bow

maroonlegions

Tickets SOLD :toff:  not bums on seats :asshole:  on match day constitutes a sell out. :th_wink1:

Unless the club are lying about how many are sold. :rofl:

There must be a problem in the ticket office because i can't understand why so many seats are empty EVERY game. The worst section being H lower. Now i"ve said this before one of my pals sits in lower B and there's 2 seats behind him that are ALWAYS unused.

Now we also can see seats in the Gorgie stand lower that are ALWAYS unused. My question to our director in charge of our ticket office is WHAT IS GOING ON. IS IT A ******-UP OR WHAT.

Every ticket sold = sell out

Every seat filled = full attendance

Why the aggro about people paying and not attending? Get a life.

People who buy a season ticket and dont turn up to a certain percentage of games should be barred from having ticket for the following season. It has a negative impact on atmosphere.

Mate, that post's having a negative impact on my atmosphere!

It was a sell out as someone from my work wanted a tic this morning. None available at the TO but he got my spare. So the club are announcing bums on seats hence the crowd today of 16500 odd when the amount of tickets sold is probably nearer 16900.

exactly mate

I know its disappointing seeing empty seats but seeing Tynie full is great credit to the Hearts fans

Our play doesn't deserve the attendances we are attracting, lets just enjoy it

The ticket office haven't a clue. When there are seats never used they can't be sold. I'd get whoever is in charge of season tickets/ match tickets and march them round the track on a match day and say to them WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WHEN YOU ARE TELLING FANS THAT THEY CAN'T BUY A MATCH DAY TICKET WHEN ALL THESE SEATS ARE CONTINUALLY EMPTY ?

Who is going to do something about this ?

It's not rocket science, people buy season tickets, can't make the game, can't be arsed/want to re-sell their seats.

I know of a few who have season tickets and only make a few games a season.

This is true. People don't go for various reasons. Family bereavement, family illness, illness, work commitments, travel difficulties, weather, etc. Most will pass on their ticket but a few hundred won't bother.

J Cheever Loophole

Mate, that post's having a negative impact on my atmosphere!

This man, it's got me swithering whether to knock up another 16 skinner or no

Every ticket sold = sell out

Every seat filled = full attendance

Why the aggro about people paying and not attending? Get a life.

You just don"t get it my wee pal.

These seats(and there are loads) are always empty. Don't you want to know why. Are Hearts losing money on not selling these seats.

THINK ABOUT IT CADE !

My other commitments gave been brutal this season, not made a single home league game yet. My old man usually offers my ticket about but with him on holiday and my brother away with work there were 5 of us in wheatfield A who never made it today.

I only noticed it was a sell out when I checked for the team news at half 2 and not enough time to release the seats

J Cheever Loophole

You just don"t get it my wee pal.

These seats(and there are loads) are always empty. Don't you want to know why. Are Hearts losing money on not selling these seats.

THINK ABOUT IT CADE !

Our club? Is losing diddly shite. S\T's selt, money in, who gives a ****, apart fae the green eyed monster who cannae outsell the Famous?

Hackney Hearts

I can understand there's loads of reasons why 400 odd ST holders might not make it to a game.

I do still find it a bit surprising that more people don't 'make the effort' to put them up for re-sale. It takes literally 10 seconds by email. Maybe slightly longer by phone.

I know this has all been said before, but I'd have thought ST holders are the type of people who care about Hearts being able to bring in extra income, allow fellow fans to attend, and make the ground look fuller. It's particularly odd if there are some who are unable to make any games but who've bought a ST to support the club financially - and yet don't do resale.

Obviously this doesn't apply to last minute emergencies, accidents etc.

Can't we just enjoy the win.does it really matter what the crowd was.Im getting pissed off about empty seats,not enough atmosphere,no singing

Folk have bought season tickets and might only make 1 or 2 games a year, so what? That's their decision.

Also my seat is always empty, I go and stand beside my mates so no one has sat on my seat for about 4 years :lol:

Folk have bought season tickets and might only make 1 or 2 games a year, so what? That's their decision.

Also my seat is always empty, I go and stand beside my mates so no one has sat on my seat for about 4 years :lol:

How dare you!! :mad:

:rofl:

Bazzas right boot

I reckon Vlad has bought about 100, just biding his time before him and his comrades turn up.

My other commitments gave been brutal this season, not made a single home league game yet. My old man usually offers my ticket about but with him on holiday and my brother away with work there were 5 of us in wheatfield A who never made it today.

I only noticed it was a sell out when I checked for the team news at half 2 and not enough time to release the seats

FFS I've got another wedding on the next home game on 5 Nov. 26th November til I get to my first home league game!

Like what I have said before a good way to know if that seat must be a season ticket holder is when a cup game is on and that seat is used then you know the person has a season ticket for league games but doesn't attend. Simples

And most are in the same section

I DON'T THINK SO.

Hackney Hearts

Of course it's their decision whether to attend or not! I have a season ticket - I live in London, so don't make that many games just now. But I always put it up for re-sale if I can't go - that's the decision we're talking about. Or lack of decision in some cases.

If you look at the 'Donate' tab on this board, you can look back at hundreds of entries marked 'JKB donation to HMFC' - people giving what they could - ?10 here, ?15 there - so you got the impression as we came back from the brink that every penny counted. People scraped together enough to donate, or pledge to FOH, or buy a ST, whatever. 

Now... there's an opportunity, with a 10 second email, and without laying out any cash yourself, to allow Hearts to generate some more income (and let someone else see the game). I would never want to hassle individuals about it - but it just seems a no-brainer. 

J Cheever Loophole

FFS I've got another wedding on the next home game on 5 Nov. 26th November til I get to my first home league game!

Jesus Christ, you must be a Minister, ffs.

Don't talk stupid. I've had a season ticket since the call to arms went out and have been to one game each season. I give my seat back to the club to resell but that still doesn't mean someone will buy it.

Are you really saying that my contribution to the club should be stopped because of an empty seat. Perhaps if we had a fan base that actually wanted to "make some noise" as Scott says, we wouldn't be desperate to fill the missing 400 seat that will make such a massive difference to the atmosphere.

It's the mystery of Scott Wilson talking out a hole in his arse and enjoying the sound of himself imo

Controversial!!!!!

You know that sort of comment could find you in deep water.

I can see both sides of the argument.

However, a more efficient system could save around ?10,000 a match.

And I do like this idea of 10 pounds of each resold ticket going to FOH.

Look at the sheep crowd today despite a couple of decent results recently.

School holidays affect crowds. It's a fact.

But if I was offered say ?10 off my ticket every time I resold a spare then I would make more of an effort. Ultimately I would donate any funds to FOH so maybe there's the answer?

Controversial!!!!!

You know that sort of comment could find you in deep water.

I appreciate there's a fan club.

Don't you think he loves the sound of his voice?

Maybe I'm completely wrong

All in all, really good attendances...... Be interesting to see if folk decant from the wheatfield,gorgie to the new stand...prices may go down as well as up.,.....a full main stand would not like to be looking at a half empty wheatfield...

I do think he likes the sound of his own voice, but equally, I think he is very good. I guess you need the first part to achieve the second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it pretty much his job to sound like he enjoys the sound of his own voice?

I'd like to see us try some insecure fud whimpering into the mic, apologising for interrupting our zen for a couple of games though, imagine the abuse!

Watching Alba just now...,....you cAnnot see the wheatfield, but the three other stands look pretty full

WTF? This is a joke right?

How would another 400 today have had any significant effect on the precious "atmosphere".

No joke. It is a joke we are claiming sell outs when hundreds dont turn up. I appreciate they are sold but we are losing 2.5% of our home support and rows of empty seats looks shit. If people cant get someone else to fill their seat or cant be arsed to give seat back to the club i do believe they should be penalised. There are plenty people ready to fill their seat and give real support.

No joke. It is a joke we are claiming sell outs when hundreds dont turn up. I appreciate they are sold but we are losing 2.5% of our home support and rows of empty seats looks shit. If people cant get someone else to fill their seat or cant be arsed to give seat back to the club i do believe they should be penalised. There are plenty people ready to fill their seat and give real support.

This is what makes this place a joke

scott herbertson

Penalised!

They've paid for it. We could maybe ban them for buying tickets in future?

Next time I buy a cinema ticket and don't use it will I get a chap on my door from the 'Boys from the Odeon' come round to duff me up?  I don't think so

This is getting blown out of all proportion. It happens all over the county and for most of our games makes no difference to the club financially (as the last tickets are usually sold just before kick off - it will onlymake a difference if we keep winning and like today we are sold out well before kick off.

I say this as someone who always tries to get their ticket used if I don't make it (which is a lot recently).

As for giving people ?10 back for reselling it I think the club would have lost more money than they have gained by the current method.

Get stuffed! I'm self employed and have to take on jobs before the fixtures are announced and even then they sometimes change.

I've missed loads of games over the seasons but that's just the risk I choose to take.

You see all you talk about is you and your risk. What about what is best for the club? If you cant put your bum on the seat someone else will.

One of the stupidest comments I've ever read on JKB.

Take a bow

Archived