First to Two ?

bringonthesevco

bringonthesevco

So obviously we all hoped one of our new strikers would be banging them in , however, it looks like they could all fall into the "more to his game than scoring goals" category ....

So after 7 league games and 1 LC match our striker position is .

Watt and Sammon 1 goal each

Johnsen and Muirhead 0 goals each

So who'll come out top in the "first to 2 goals" race ???

So obviously we all hoped one of our new strikers would be banging them in , however, it looks like they could all fall into the "more to his game than scoring goals" category ....

As crap as he may be, does Sammon not have two, even if one was ball to head, rather than head to ball?

bringonthesevco

Sammon also scored in Europe so has scored 2 competitive goals for Hearts.

Do goals in Europe not count?

Obviously they count but not in a post specifically talking about league and cup ?

queensferryjambo

Obviously they count but not in a post specifically talking about league and cup ?

Why bother mentioning the League cup then as none of our strikers scored in it and we are out?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Walker Nicholson Cowie Paterson all have 2 or more. Anyone can score, not rightly fussed who as long as we do. Team game sometimes the strikers tee them up

European goals are considered as part of a player's tally for the season so Sammon is on two. 

I like Sammon and rate him as a good team player but neither he nor Watt are goal-poachers. Watt seems very keen to go deep and try and create rather than play on the shoulder of the last defender. It will probably turn out that we'll get a spread of goals this season with the likes of Walker, Djoum and Sam Nic chipping in with a few; as well as Paterson and Rossi fom set plays.

One thing I would add is that I've liked the look of Muirhead and I'd like to see him get a bit more game time. 

Jambof3tornado

European goals are considered as part of a player's tally for the season so Sammon is on two.

I like Sammon and rate him as a good team player but neither he nor Watt are goal-poachers. Watt seems very keen to go deep and try and create rather than play on the shoulder of the last defender. It will probably turn out that we'll get a spread of goals this season with the likes of Walker, Djoum and Sam Nic chipping in with a few; as well as Paterson and Rossi fom set plays.

One thing I would add is that I've liked the look of Muirhead and I'd like to see him get a bit more game time.

Whilst I'm glad that Sammon has improved/settled and is holding the ball up well, he has had several really good chances to score and fluffed his lines.

Agree about Muirhead. Always looks hungry to impress.

Sammon tonight

The op should be asking will anyone get to double figures in all competitions.

None of our current strikers will hit double figures this season.

We_are_the_Hearts

None of our strikers hit double figures in 2005-06 or 2011-12..............lets hope this season finishes like them

mahgrassyshoes

I fancy Sammon to grab a brace tonight. No idea why as I've never fancied him to score in any other game.

Bazzas right boot

None of our strikers hit double figures in 2005-06 or 2011-12..............lets hope this season finishes like them

This, it's a team game, somebody better start scoring tho.

Am in the only one who isn't that impressed with muirhead?

Looked ok, hardy impressive tho, imo he fluffed his big chance to score v Celtic when he fell over when through on the keeper, ball bounced perfectly for a left footer and he fell over.

Looked keen, been ok but I'm not seeing how he is better than watt or Sammon in his, admittedly limited appearances.

Seems to have really impressed some, why?

This, it's a team game, somebody better start scoring tho.

Am in the only one who isn't that impressed with muirhead?

Looked ok, hardy impressive tho, imo he fluffed his big chance to score v Celtic when he fell over when through on the keeper, ball bounced perfectly for a left footer and he fell over.

Looked keen, been ok but I'm not seeing how he is better than watt or Sammon in his, admittedly limited appearances.

Seems to have really impressed some, why?

The problem with fringe players and several fall into this category is that they need a run of games to get fully fit and to gel with their team-mates.

Very few players can come on as a sub and make a genuine impact and unless Muirhead is to get a run of games from the start I don't think he will improve.

Robbie had confidence ion Souttar and played him even when he was making mistakes and look how well he has progressed.

I'm very much in the camp that believes in having numerous goal threats within the team but you still expect the main forwards to contribute well.

They play in the most likely and dangerous area of the park to produce goals.

You have to start asking questions sooner or later if they continue to draw blanks.

When Hartley and Skacel or McCann and Flogel grabbed a handsome amount of goals in their respective sides it was good forward play and intelligence as much as their own desire that brought the goals.

But the forwards then still chipped in. There's plenty time yet this season and it can turn around quickly but hopefully soon.

If only we had a midfielder like Skacel or Hartley in the team.

We_are_the_Hearts

If only we had a midfielder like Skacel or Hartley in the team.

Indeed. Think Walker is capable of getting a decent tally, especially now on pens.

Indeed. Think Walker is capable of getting a decent tally, especially now on pens.

Walker's a good lad and is developing and maturing nicely. Impressed by him. 

He's no Paul Hartley or Rudi Skacel though.

Zeefuik wasn't a poacher.

He was more of a poacher than any of our current strikers. He would have been useful to us this season imo.

He was more of a poacher than any of our current strikers. He would have been useful to us this season imo.

But he still wasn't a poacher, we haven't had a penalty box poacher since Mark Burchill.

The main thing that differentiates Zeefuik from our current strikers is that he is a goalscorer.

He definitely was a poacher. Amongst other strengths he had but he WAS a poacher.

Since he didn't spend the majority of his time on the pitch standing in or around the 6 yard box, he wasn't a poacher.

What would you describe him as then?

A direct and powerful goalscorer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
bringonthesevco

Now Johnsen has joined the race - so this week v Killie , who is it going to be Watt, Sammon or Johnsen ......

jimmy the jambo

Now Johnsen has joined the race - so this week v Killie , who is it going to be Watt, Sammon or Johnsen ......

Probably Cowie before those three?

Exciting times!

glastonbury jambo

Sammon also scored in Europe so has scored 2 competitive goals for Hearts.

Do goals in Europe not count? 

No the european games were only friendlies.

I'm sure sammon scored 2 in one home game.

Tho I'm hoping that Gavin reilly will return & bang them in again

Not having a striker that can even score a mediocre amount of goals for about 20 years is getting frustrating and embarrassing.

I've scored the same amount of goals at tynecastle this season as Johnson and one more than Watt. Fair enough it was in a charity game but I don't see why I cant reach 2 goals first

bringonthesevco

I'm sure sammon scored 2 in one home game.

Tho I'm hoping that Gavin reilly will return & bang them in again

This home game that Sammon scored twice in, what club was he playing for cos it sure as **** wasn't us .......

loveofthegame

Think it speaks volumes that we'd like Reilly back. That includes me!

Ah the same Gavin Reilly that has scored one goal all season in the league below us....

Replace misfiring strikers with misfiring striker?!

Gavin Reilly's level is and always will be the Scottish Championship.

Archived