Roadworks on A8/M8

asomerville

Remember if you are going to Motherwell on Friday all the A8/M8 roadworks mean road closures especially the Motherwell turn off.

Hannibal Lecter

Also train back must go to Glasgow and change.

No direct trains back to Edinburgh at that time from Motherwell.

Or to Bellshill & change there as the trains to Edinburgh via Shotts still run at that time of night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or to Bellshill & change there as the trains to Edinburgh via Shotts still run at that time of night.

You'll need to hang about at Bellshill until 23.22 though as that's the train you'd catch back to Edinburgh.

avhudtheteeshirt

If going by car go the A71 past Livingston, West Calder and Briech coming into Wishaw through the town coming into Motherwell at the old steel mill, right at the Stadium. Going back the same way at night will be a doddle.

Remember if you are going to Motherwell on Friday all the A8/M8 roadworks mean road closures especially the Motherwell turn off.

Still doing roadworks at that turn-off, well over a year now.

Francis Albert

Still doing roadworks at that turn-off, well over a year now.

It's a pretty massive bit of road works to be fair ... not like repairing a gas leak.

Cheers - you don't get all the options on train websites

Works out quicker to go back to Glasgow this time. Trains at 21.44 (a bit tight) and 22.09 back to Central. Possible to get 22.30 from Queen Street.

Hannibal Lecter

Cheers - you don't get all the options on train websites

Works out quicker to go back to Glasgow this time. Trains at 21.44 (a bit tight) and 22.09 back to Central. Possible to get 22.30 from Queen Street.

Remember & make sure you buy the via Glasgow ticket if you're going this way as it's a dearer ticket to take that route than the not via Glasgow one!

Remember & make sure you buy the via Glasgow ticket if you're going this way as it's a dearer ticket to take that route than the not via Glasgow one!

Yes cheers

Have ticket - was raging it was that expensive but making a day of it in Glasgow now.

It's a pretty massive bit of road works to be fair ... not like repairing a gas leak.

The roadworks are on for another 18 months but hopefully worth the wait when they are finished.

Son Of Anarchy

The roadworks are on for another 18 months but hopefully worth the wait when they are finished.

If folks still just sit in the outside lane the improvements won't make a bit of difference. Fining arsewipes who can't drive will make a vast improvement ;)

. Got caught out going to Firhill, go via Kincardine from Cupar tomorrow night

The roadworks on M73/M74 are far worse than the M8 roadworks just now.

The M8 eastbound through the roadworks hasnt caused much problems lately. 

Personally would come of the M8 at shotts junction then through salsburgh to newhouse roundabout.

chester copperpot

Having to travel most days from Airdrie to Motherwell (8 miles tops) is taking me anything up to 1.5hrs just now.

Though that is in rush hour. But still.....

Jambof3tornado

Having to travel most days from Airdrie to Motherwell (8 miles tops) is taking me anything up to 1.5hrs just now.

Though that is in rush hour. But still.....

Can/do you use the B799/A723?

chester copperpot

Can/do you use the B799/A723?

Been using the A723 mate and its been rammed due to everything going on there. As the Shawhead has 4 way temp lights and Newhouse has the Glasgow slip road closed there is no easy way of crossing over the M8 from here recently

Jambof3tornado

Been using the A723 mate and its been rammed due to everything going on there. As the Shawhead has 4 way temp lights and Newhouse has the Glasgow slip road closed there is no easy way of crossing over the M8 from here recently

Haha thats my sneaky plan for tonight scuppered!!

chester copperpot

Haha thats my sneaky plan for tonight scuppered!!

I would come via the A71 to Newmains mate and go to Motherwell through Wishaw.

Not ideal but it really is carnage the now trying to get anywhere near this place the now!

*edit - via Airdrie and come pick me up ;)

The roadworks on M73/M74 are far worse than the M8 roadworks just now.

The M8 eastbound through the roadworks hasnt caused much problems lately. 

Personally would come of the M8 at shotts junction then through salsburgh to newhouse roundabout.

Hello mate

Do you think there will be a build up of traffic at newhouse roundabout If I come off at Shotts as think this will be quicker than going thro A71

I'm coming up for the Dundee game and will stay in my hometown of Hamilton and travel in from there on the day as I always do.  This thread has made the decision to come to Tynie on the train that day very easy :)

For those who have to drive, is it not easier to stay on the M8/A8 , take the A726 turn at Bellshill (which carries on to Hamilton/East Kilbride) and instead of getting on the M74 at the Raith interchange, go through the service road across the East side of Strathclyde Park past the funfair and on to Motherwell that way ? As a native of the area (originally) with a still good knowledge of local roads, that would be my rat-run of choice.

I saw all the Roadworks along the A8/M8 Raith Interchange when up in May as I drove through from Hamilton.  It was on a Sunday morning and traffic was light.

Hello mate

Do you think there will be a build up of traffic at newhouse roundabout If I come off at Shotts as think this will be quicker than going thro A71

Should be ok at that time of night.

avhudtheteeshirt

good man

plan to leave Edinburgh Gyle at 6ish so should have plenty time

You could be enjoying all of the second half then :) :)  :uhoh2:

You could be enjoying all of the second half then :) :)  :uhoh2:

if I come of at shots then head along the b road to newhouse roundabout will there be heavy traffic there?

chester copperpot

if so then il just go on the a71 thro west calder etc

You could get lucky however I have went through Chapelhall in Airdrie up through Holytown a couple of times and its taken me an hour and a half to reach Motherwell and its only an 8 mile trip!

You could get lucky however I have went through Chapelhall in Airdrie up through Holytown a couple of times and its taken me an hour and a half to reach Motherwell and its only an 8 mile trip!

im coming tho from Edinburgh tho so cant see how I will be affected if I come off at Shotts Juntion then take B road to Newhouse roundabout

chester copperpot

im coming tho from Edinburgh tho so cant see how I will be affected if I come off at Shotts Juntion then take B road to Newhouse roundabout

The Newhouse junction to join the M8 is closed so the build up of traffic has been fecking horrendous anywhere near Newhouse mate. You might get lucky tho but Id stay on the a71 and go in the backside via Wishaw.

Jambof3tornado

B799 out of chapelhall then A723 was fine and dandy. Wee queue over new bridge on boness road.

Archived