Motherwell Pubs

Rods

I have not been to an away game at Motherwell for ages and the last time was a midweek dismal Scottish Cup replay.

Which boozers do Hearts fans normally go to for a few pre match drinks?

Cheers

Think there's a bowling club near Fir Park which is a regular watering hole for Hearts fans. Only been to Fir Park once though and didn't hit the boozer so I'm probably no use.

JD's bar. Not sure if it has always been called that as I've not been to Fir Park since our relegation season.

It's decent enough and always a few Hearts fans in there - not sure if its the main bar for away fans though.

Regal Kingston

When I go I get the train and just stop at the Horseshoe which is next to the station.

Good clientele in there.

Taxi's are cheap as chips in Motherwell.

Son Of Anarchy

Driving through straight after work :( once got thrown out the Davie cooper suite for downing pints of snakebite n blackcurrant. Well technically it was the barfing maroon puke. Those were the days :)

Only ever went through there twice, its like going back in time going from Edinburgh to Motherwell on the train.

We got beat 1-0 first time Jamie Murphy.

Then i went to the 2-2 Sow screamer game where they wore the tribute kit.

Beer festival is on, starts at 5. That's where I'm going. :)

Where abouts is the beer festival??

Also have heard about the bowling club anybody know what that is called??

chester copperpot

Dalzell bowling club :)

Motherwell Concert Hall......5 min walk to away end.

chester copperpot

There's also the fir park social club which was good but heaving. Not sure if I was in there before an away match or when we played St Midden in the semi there a few years back.

Cheers folks I checked the bowling club I can see that is near enough to the stadium. The beer festival does sound good aswell. Any further suggestions are welcome.

3pm, mate.

Thinking about it also and only a hop, skip and a jump from Fir Park.

Ah, cheers, my mistake. I should be there by five. Staying with a mate through there so should make it an easy night. :thumbsup:

There's also the fir park social club which was good but heaving. Not sure if I was in there before an away match or when we played St Midden in the semi there a few years back.

Think it may be shut now.

Is that not the last thing they need in that hovel? :)

:D I must admit, when I first found out Lanarkshire had a beer festival, I did wonder if it was local slang for a bevy in the park.

chester copperpot

Honking town full stop.

It is a pretty rubbish town. I am in it most days and its a bit soul destroying at times.

Edited by chester copperpot

Big Slim Stylee

:D I must admit, when I first found out Lanarkshire had a beer festival, I did wonder if it was local slang for a bevy in the park.

Park? I'm guessing you're thinking of the Poundland car park rather than one of those green spaces.....

chester copperpot

Mind you when I am working in Hamilton I stay in The Alona in the country park and it has a Motherwell post code. Quite like the hotel actually.

Aye but when you can commute to Motherwell from yer hoose I am not afforded that luxury.

Mind you when I am working in Hamilton I stay in The Alona in the country park and it has a Motherwell post code. Quite like the hotel actually.

That whole area has Motherwell post codes. All of Hamilton, Bellshill, Wishaw & Lanark. I agree that Motherwell isn't too appealing!

Jack Daniels don't let in away fans well they didn't last game through there

Mate of mine is a Well fan. He says Jack Daniels is the local for the 'ultras'. He said fans will be fine as long as they're well behaved.

Apparently a few Aberdeen fans were in last season and one got a kick in for going about putting red ultra stickers about.

mulleted_jambo

Mate of mine is a Well fan. He says Jack Daniels is the local for the 'ultras'. He said fans will be fine as long as they're well behaved.

Apparently a few Aberdeen fans were in last season and one got a kick in for going about putting red ultra stickers about.

I was in there pre match last season. The 2-2 game I think and there were no problems. A few young lads got chucked out but they looked about 16 so probably fair enough. As you say don't act like a dick and you'll be fine most places.

Stephane Grappelli

Is the Roxy chippie still there? Had possibly, possibly, the finest sausage supper ever from that establishment back in the 99/00 campaign.

Motherwell used to be one of my favourite away trips when I first started going to away games.. Jack Daniels for a few drinks and normally a chippie from up the street..

Could have only been about 16 at that time so it would have been back around '97... Still.. Happy memories..

All who are going have a great night.christ I been there loads of times and I can't remember the last time we won,apart from the texaco cup back in the day

When I go I get the train and just stop at the Horseshoe which is next to the station.

Good clientele in there.

Taxi's are cheap as chips in Motherwell.

Horseshoe Bar has closed down (sign of the times with pubs). New Century Bar opposite Civic Centre is a great pub.

Is the Roxy chippie still there? Had possibly, possibly, the finest sausage supper ever from that establishment back in the 99/00 campaign.

Yes it is still going strong.

Always a few hearts fans in the new century 5 minute walk from the park

Edited by wishawjambo

Not doubting you but I was in the horseshoe 3 weeks ago for a swifty are you sure your not thinking about the point next door being shut?

Not doubting you but I was in the horseshoe 3 weeks ago for a swifty are you sure your not thinking about the point next door being shut?

Apologies Mate, yes you are correct my mistake! I was surprised the Point closed as it was pretty popular.

MacDonald Jardine

Horseshoe Bar has closed down (sign of the times with pubs). New Century Bar opposite Civic Centre is a great pub.

Is it?

It must have changed a bit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Is it?

It must have changed a bit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I know the guy that runs the New Century bar. It is the best pub in Motherwell, always makes Hearts supporters welcome.

The Electric Bar at Airbles train station is a decent pub and a 10 minute walk from the ground.

Close to Motherwell Station there's a Wetherspoons.

Beside Airbles Station there's the Electric Bar which has just been done up. Not sure if it lets away fans in though.

Son Of Anarchy

The new century bar looks like a decent option and few minutes from the ground nice one folks thanks for the information.

That's where we are heading.

Close to Motherwell Station there's a Wetherspoons.

Beside Airbles Station there's the Electric Bar which has just been done up. Not sure if it lets away fans in though.

It does. And kids. I was in it at the 2-2 game.