Update from Ann

Chaps

scott herbertson

I think folk need to realise these statements aren't really for the "in-the-know" fans of JKB.

They are a form of marketing and gives the club an image of being clued up, open and honest. Useful for attracting future signings or investment...

Also means Hearts control more of what is being said about the new stand and the like instead of piss stories being written in certain papers

Correct - only a small minority of the fans know everything in her statement already (eg that there is a meeting coming up with planners in a fortnight). She is also trying to ensure that the work off the pitch is promoted to help the feel good factor. I'm sure like everyone else she would like every match a to be a victory and every player to be a Pele or even a John Robertson, but her job is to run the club and the update clearly demonstrates what a fantastic job she is doing and the great progress we are making on all fronts.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people are never happy.  The kind of moaning old barstewards who sit in the main stand shouting "you're no Dave Mackay" at some nonplussed 16-year old debutant who's just misplaced a pass.

The CVA needed hard cash there and then, she put a significant portion of her hard earned cash in to save the club. Since then she has finally got the stadium redevelopment off the ground, overseen the building of a museum and memorial garden, attracted external investment and reorganised the football department to the extent where we won immediate promotion and have sat in the top three every week since. Don't know about you, but where I come from, that sort of thing deserves praise and buys the person a bit of leeway to address the fans every now and again with a quick up to speed announcement.

We were lying 9th after week one, 11th after week 2 and 5th after week 3, and if we don't start taking our chances and don't change our ultra cautious away performances, we won't be in the top three for much longer.

i love the statements from Ann, if only so I can read the latest ramblings of our resident FoH/Budge hater. It must be hard to be so bitter that they have to come on to every thread in any way linkd to FoH and try and pour cold water over the greatest fan ownershiop scheme in Scottish football history. A news story about the museum, the Hall of Fame and a wee update on the planning meeting for the new stand and still negativity. Hilariously sad  

:spoton:

At the end of the day. Fans will happily sit or stand in poor facilities if they are watching an exciting winning team. But they won't sit in relative comfort to watch an uninspiring team that are drawing or losing most weeks. But if we keep on learning after a poor result we should be a match for Barcelona in the near future

At the end of the day. Fans will happily sit or stand in poor facilities if they are watching an exciting winning team. But they won't sit in relative comfort to watch an uninspiring team that are drawing or losing most weeks. But if we keep on learning after a poor result we should be a match for Barcelona in the near future

Best

i love the statements from Ann, if only so I can read the latest ramblings of our resident FoH/Budge hater. It must be hard to be so bitter that they have to come on to every thread in any way linkd to FoH and try and pour cold water over the greatest fan ownershiop scheme in Scottish football history. A news story about the museum, the Hall of Fame and a wee update on the planning meeting for the new stand and still negativity. Hilariously sad  

Well said.

I don't agree 100% with everything Ann Does, but she is 100% the best thing to happen to our Club in many a season. Long may we have somebody as levelled-headed, transparent and forward thinking at the helm.

Hackney Hearts

and if we don't change our ultra cautious away performances

Were you in Perth? Cautious we were not.

Some people are never happy.  The kind of moaning old barstewards who sit in the main stand shouting "you're no Dave Mackay" at some nonplussed 16-year old debutant who's just misplaced a pass.

You forgot the vicious "young barstewards" mate.

Hackney Hearts

Risk? Well not quite. The Bidco/FoH agreement gave her not only a healthy return in interest but security on Hearts assets including Tynecastle.

Yes, it was an incredibly attractive deal, I remember now, that's why there were several dozen individuals trying to take it up - I think Ann's name was drawn out of a hat, is that not correct?

Francis Albert

Yes, it was an incredibly attractive deal, I remember now, that's why there were several dozen individuals trying to take it up - I think Ann's name was drawn out of a hat, is that not correct?

I was just responding on the narrow point about the risk she took. Before handing over a penny she had a watertight agreement with FoH which gave pretty strong assurance of return of her money and a decent interest rate (some might say slightly indecent) but also ensured that if the worst happened she would retain the assets of HMFC including a Tynecastle which even FoH had valued at about twice Ann's investment.

Contrast that with our collective donation of ?625,000 to date under the amended FoH/Bidco agreement which as far as we know hasn't been finalised and the detailed terms of which we don't know.

Yes of course I am grateful to Ann and think she is doing a great job. Doesn't mean I can't disagree with some of the more extreme and IMO misinformed worship she attracts.

Discuss what you like man. Personally I find it totally mental that anyone would find that statement anything other than what it is. Everyone is free to do what they like, just as I am to express how petty I think people can be.

Re the shortfall I expect sponsorship agreements are being put in place and will be announced in due course

Stadium naming (though not a certainty to happen) for example

Nucky Thompson

I was just responding on the narrow point about the risk she took. Before handing over a penny she had a watertight agreement with FoH which gave pretty strong assurance of return of her money and a decent interest rate (some might say slightly indecent) but also ensured that if the worst happened she would retain the assets of HMFC including a Tynecastle which even FoH had valued at about twice Ann's investment.

Contrast that with our collective donation of ?625,000 to date under the amended FoH/Bidco agreement which as far as we know hasn't been finalised and the detailed terms of which we don't know.

Yes of course I am grateful to Ann and think she is doing a great job. Doesn't mean I can't disagree with some of the more extreme and IMO misinformed worship she attracts.

How dare you point out the facts Francis. Fall into line and get your tongue up Ann's bottom

Best

Well said.

I don't agree 100% with everything Ann Does, but she is 100% the best thing to happen to our Club in many a season. Long may we have somebody as levelled-headed, transparent and forward thinking at the helm.

Correct!

Fair comment FA

OMG - I've just been reasonable - is that allowed?

Hackney Hearts

All fair enough. Although you seem pepper your posts with digs like "some might say indecent". Does 'some' = you? You said earlier you thought she deserved interest and a salary - she only takes one of these, yet you hint that the interest might be too much?

The key word in your second paragraph is 'collective'. Nobody, by themselves, was able to put in sufficient funds up front to save this club. The fact that she covered her back in case of disaster is surely testament to the great business sense that she is now applying to the running of HMFC. The bottom line is she was the one who enabled us to save our club from oblivion - and that may just be worth a little fawning and worship here and there. You're here to keep it in check and keep us informed on the finer points - and that's okay too. The good thing is, unlike previous 'only option saviours', she doesn't seem likely to end up bringing the club back to the brink of existence.

There has been no donation as yet. As per the FOH blogs the cash has been ringfenced until the legal agreement is finalised.

I'm sure we'll have a further update in this month's upcoming blog.

Tho ones wanting a sash bash arent too happy either...

"Sash bash" videos on YouTube are the cringiest things I've ever seen. There's one filmed inside Robertsons that actually makes your rectum twitch through embarrassment. :rofl:

?300,000 per year plus bonuses would be minimum low end going rate wage for the job Ann is doing at Hearts.

Would anyone like to argue the case for us doing that.

"Sash bash" videos on YouTube are the cringiest things I've ever seen. There's one filmed inside Robertsons that actually makes your rectum twitch through embarrassment. :rofl:

I've seen this. A number of kickbackers give a very enthusiastic performance.

Francis Albert

There has been no donation as yet. As per the FOH blogs the cash has been ringfenced until the legal agreement is finalised.

I'm sure we'll have a further update in this month's upcoming blog.

There have been donations, from us to FoH and from FoH to a ring fenced club account.

There have been donations, from us to FoH and from FoH to a ring fenced club account.

So no donation actually used then until the appropriate agreement is in place. I'm sure in the unlikely event the plans go pear shaped or no legal agreement can be reached then the funds will revert to the original agreement.

You make a dig previously about openess but it's pretty clear on the FOH blog what they are doing so what's the problem?

So no donation actually used then until the appropriate agreement is in place. I'm sure in the unlikely event the plans go pear shaped or no legal agreement can be reached then the funds will revert to the original agreement.

You make a dig previously about openess but it's pretty clear on the FOH blog what they are doing so what's the problem?

I don't think he views it as a problem. Merely clarifying a point to another poster.

I don't think he views it as a problem. Merely clarifying a point to another poster.

He makes a dig on the previous page about openess in relation to the ?625k donations and as yet to be finalised revised legal agreement.

Hackney Hearts

I've managed to get hold of Ann's first draft News Update, before Ann Park in PR did a minor rewrite:

Hi Jambos/customers/whatever

What a nightmare it's been recently. Museums, memorial gardens, halls of fame - it's just one hassle after another. It's not like I even get a salary for all this bollocks.  And that bloody stand nonsense is dragging on and on and on  - a bat report FFS? - I'm sick to the back teeth with it to be honest. Still got nearly half the money to find... 'Ooh Ann could you no have made it 1,245 seats bigger?'... I've been wondering if it's not too late to jack the whole idea in. And on the pitch - WTF is that all about? I'm sorry, but third?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we finish third LAST season? It's just all a bit 'meh'. I expected us to be flying high by now, in maybe, you know, second. I keep telling Robbie to buy a 20 goal a season striker, but will he listen? Will he buggery. Too busy unearthing the new Oshinawa. Oh and another thing, I know I really shouldn't stoop to reading JKB, but that Francis Albert is really starting to get on my tits. Sorry, this has turned into a bit of a rant. Let's do these Motherwell barstewards on Friday.

Ann

Couple of interesting posts just appeared on the stadium thread on .Net

One's from a jambo and one looks like a Celtic fan but neither will go down well. Will be interesting to see how long they last.

scott herbertson

I've managed to get hold of Ann's first draft News Update, before Ann Park in PR did a minor rewrite:

What a nightmare it's been recently. Museums, memorial gardens, halls of fame - it's just one hassle after another. It's not like I even get a salary for all this bollocks.  And that bloody stand nonsense is dragging on and on and on  - a bat report FFS? - I'm sick to the back teeth with it to be honest. Still got nearly half the money to find... 'Ooh Ann could you no have made it 1,245 seats bigger?'... I've been wondering if it's not too late to jack the whole idea in. And on the pitch - WTF is that all about? I'm sorry, but third?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we finish third LAST season? It's just all a bit 'meh'. I expected us to be flying high by now, in maybe, you know, second. I keep telling Robbie to buy a 20 goal a season striker, but will he listen? Will he buggery. Too busy unearthing the new Oshinawa. Oh and another thing, I know I really shouldn't stoop to reading JKB, but that Francis Albert is really starting to get on my tits. Sorry, this has turned into a bit of a rant. Let's do these Motherwell barstewards on Friday.

Ann

Ha Ha

That's very funny and probably not too far from the truth!

WorldChampions1902

Ann

Made me chuckle! Sums it up on here at times.

Couple of interesting posts just appeared on the stadium thread on .Net

One's from a jambo and one looks like a Celtic fan but neither will go down well. Will be interesting to see how long they last.

Just had a look in.

Greenginger - give it up.  Seriously for your own mental health.

Ann

Brilliant - made me laugh

What a nightmare it's been recently. Museums, memorial gardens, halls of fame - it's just one hassle after another. It's not like I even get a salary for all this bollocks. And that bloody stand nonsense is dragging on and on and on - a bat report FFS? - I'm sick to the back teeth with it to be honest. Still got nearly half the money to find... 'Ooh Ann could you no have made it 1,245 seats bigger?'... I've been wondering if it's not too late to jack the whole idea in. And on the pitch - WTF is that all about? I'm sorry, but third?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we finish third LAST season? It's just all a bit 'meh'. I expected us to be flying high by now, in maybe, you know, second. I keep telling Robbie to buy a 20 goal a season striker, but will he listen? Will he buggery. Too busy unearthing the new Oshinawa. Oh and another thing, I know I really shouldn't stoop to reading JKB, but that Francis Albert is really starting to get on my tits. Sorry, this has turned into a bit of a rant. Let's do these Motherwell barstewards on Friday.

Ann

:lol:

Ann

Your due me a new iPad...... spilt my cup of tea all over it laughing so much

luckyBatistuta

Ann

:gok:

Brilliant mate

Why am I not surprised that the usual sucpect(s) are out in force making the same bullshit points they've been making (copy / pasting) for the last 3 years..

Francis Albert

Ann

All I've ever asked for. Openness and honesty without the PR spin.

It's like a horror movie.

Actually, having just rewatched it I'd say more like a sci-fi movie. The Mos Eisley bar scene from Star Wars springs to mind.

Ann

:bravo:  :bravo:  :bravo:

Big Slim Stylee

Ann

:)

Archived