Update from Ann

Chaps

I thought it was ?3m in the bank from cash accumulated in the past two years plus ?3m from FoH over the next two years. I assume the "well over half" refers to further cash accumulation over the last few months. No news on where the rest is coming from eg the debentures idea previously floated.

I am struggling to see where the news is in this statement.

"Flying high" on the basis of 11 points out of a possible 21 and out of two cups is just silly.

Sorry, I know we are supposed to just swoon!

My recollection was that the funding was ?3M from cash already accumulated, another ?3M from other business investors, ?3M from FoH and the rest still to be found.

My interpretation of what Ann has said today is that the ?3M cash and ?3M from investors has now been exceeded.  Whether or not that reflects the ?625K already handed over by FoH as part of the new agreement (still not published btw), I just don't know.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think she ever does as she doesn't do social media.

Most people are happy for a wee update now and again without resorting to dissecting every word she says.

You would hope so. Full on cyberpaggers every time she makes a statement. This time it's the definition of "flying high". I mean? Talk about just looking for things to moan about. :lol:

I think it's best for everyone if we solely focus on the semantic meaning of flying high.

Exactly. Bat shit mental this place. :rofl:

I think it's best for everyone if we solely focus on the semantic meaning of flying high.

She never said " Hey, guys, how are you " at the start of the statement either.

Disrespectful !

Francis Albert

My recollection was that the funding was ?3M from cash already accumulated, another ?3M from other business investors, ?3M from FoH and the rest still to be found.

My interpretation of what Ann has said today is that the ?3M cash and ?3M from investors has now been exceeded.  Whether or not that reflects the ?625K already handed over by FoH as part of the new agreement (still not published btw), I just don't know.

I don't think it was entirely clear whether the "other benefactors" referred to meant FoH or other business investors on top of the FoH money.

Wow. ?625k and still no idea whether the revised agreement has been signed or what exactly is in it. Love the new open-ness.

"I am delighted to report too that we are also making great progress on funding. With well over half the funds already raised and with the Foundation of Hearts voting overwhelmingly to back the programme, we are well on track to realising our dream."

Re funds for the Stand, so far we have accumulated ?6m plus 4 months FoH pledges. We may well have been able to add other monies from general funding via match day earnings. I'm not sure how much FoH give per month, I seem to think it's ?150k therefore we may well have in the region of ?7m. Anyways keep on giving! :)

Edit just read FF and FA posts above.

I don't think it was entirely clear whether the "other benefactors" referred to meant FoH or other business investors on top of the FoH money.

Wow. ?625k and still no idea whether the revised agreement has been signed or what exactly is in it. Love the new open-ness.

"I am delighted to report too that we are also making great progress on funding. With well over half the funds already raised and with the Foundation of Hearts voting overwhelmingly to back the programme, we are well on track to realising our dream."

Re funds for the Stand, so far we have accumulated ?6m plus 4 months FoH pledges. We may well have been able to add other monies from general funding via match day earnings. I'm not sure how much FoH give per month, I seem to think it's ?150k therefore we may well have in the region of ?7m. Anyways keep on giving! :)

From the FOH Blog Comments in July

"The Foundation and Bidco are working to finalise the formal legal documentation. This process will be completed (and details published) as soon as practicable, but care is required to ensure that any technical accounting or tax issues at Club, Bidco or Foundation level are addressed."

From the FOH Blog in August

"In line with our members? decision to assist with the funding of the stadium redevelopment, we are delighted to report that we have already remitted ?500k to the club towards the project costs.  While the modification to the original FoH/Bidco agreement is being put together these funds are ring-fenced in a separate club account and will only be utilised when the revision to the FOH/Bidco agreement is finalised.  This will be well before the club actually needs to access the funds."

Dannie - FoH has been handing over ?125K a month. With September's contributions handed over on 20th of this month, the total should be ?625,000, i.e. 5 months contributions.

We might get another update in the next day or two as the September blog is due to be published before the end of the month.

From the FOH Blog Comments in July

"The Foundation and Bidco are working to finalise the formal legal documentation. This process will be completed (and details published) as soon as practicable, but care is required to ensure that any technical accounting or tax issues at Club, Bidco or Foundation level are addressed."

From the FOH Blog in August

"In line with our members? decision to assist with the funding of the stadium redevelopment, we are delighted to report that we have already remitted ?500k to the club towards the project costs. While the modification to the original FoH/Bidco agreement is being put together these funds are ring-fenced in a separate club account and will only be utilised when the revision to the FOH/Bidco agreement is finalised. This will be well before the club actually needs to access the funds."

Dannie - FoH has been handing over ?125K a month. With September's contributions handed over on 20th of this month, the total should be ?625,000, i.e. 5 months contributions.

We might get another update in the next day or two as the September blog is due to be published before the end of the month.

Thanks, hopefully they have sorted out the legal stuff. By my reading between the lines of Ann's statement it appears that part has been completed. As you say the September blog may publish the agreement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You would hope so. Full on cyberpaggers every time she makes a statement. This time it's the definition of "flying high". I mean? Talk about just looking for things to moan about. :lol:

So what parts of the statement are we permitted to discuss?

So what parts of the statement are we permitted to discuss?

Discuss what you like man. Personally I find it totally mental that anyone would find that statement anything other than what it is. Everyone is free to do what they like, just as I am to express how petty I think people can be.

Francis Albert

Discuss what you like man. Personally I find it totally mental that anyone would find that statement anything other than what it is. Everyone is free to do what they like, just as I am to express how petty I think people can be.

What did you learn from the statement?

I thought "what it is" was kind of anodyne and slightly patronising.

What did you learn from the statement?

I thought "what it is" was kind of anodyne and slightly patronising.

:lol:

I wasn't aware I was supposed to be learning anything. I'll make sure I've got a jotter with me next time I go to the website.

As for patronising and anodyne, I suspect that may be more of an issue with you and your perception, as opposed to the contents of the statement. :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

:lol:

I wasn't aware I was supposed to be learning anything. I'll make sure I've got a jotter with me next time I go to the website.

As for patronising and anodyne, I suspect that may be more of an issue with you and your perception, as opposed to the contents of the statement. :thumbsup:

When something is flagged up as "news" I expect to learn something from it.

Maybe you are right and that's just me.

Your life must be a long journey of disappointment. :(

I said the rest of the statement was decent, all be it it did not tell us anything.

But the flying high did jump out to me, probably because I don't think we are (that does not mean we are doing badly).

Francis Albert

Your life must be a long journey of disappointment. :(

As a Hearts fan for over 50 years a statement by our beloved owner that doesn't tell me anything new doesn't register too highly on the disappointment meter, and I didn't suggest it did.

But I wanted to react to the swooning comments by others.

It's a message board after all.

After years of Vlad and Pieman, I will take "meh" news over "what the ******* he'll is going on" news.

After years of Vlad and Pieman, I will take "meh" news over "what the ******* he'll is going on" news.

I do long for a Mecer type statement though.

As a Hearts fan for over 50 years a statement by our beloved owner that doesn't tell me anything new doesn't register too highly on the disappointment meter, and I didn't suggest it did.

But I wanted to react to the swooning comments by others.

It's a message board after all.

To be fair there is a lot more justification for swooning than there is picking over a perceived tone to a written message at the end of a month which has seen us open a museum, a memorial garden and have some documents appear regarding stand planning and work starting on the Wheatfield undercroft. Seeing as all of this is only possible since she stumped up a huge sum of money to save our club, then I personally believe she is more than entitled to give us a wee synopsis. Others of course are equally free to discuss the meaning of "flying high" and quibble over whether or not there is a patronising tone. :lol:

Francis Albert

If that is where you set the bar, fair enough.

Francis Albert

To be fair there is a lot more justification for swooning than there is picking over a perceived tone to a written message at the end of a month which has seen us open a museum, a memorial garden and have some documents appear regarding stand planning and work starting on the Wheatfield undercroft. Seeing as all of this is only possible since she stumped up a huge sum of money to save our club, then I personally believe she is more than entitled to give us a wee synopsis. Others of course are equally free to discuss the meaning of "flying high" and quibble over whether or not there is a patronising tone. :lol:

The fans have already stumped up twice as much as Ann did, with no prospect of receiving a penny back.

If that is where you set the bar, fair enough.

Well not really. Of course I would like more and more information but all we are being told is things are boringly progressing off the pitch.

Not many clubs, especially in Scotland, can say that.

I would have liked her to finish with a "...and Broony can get to ****" though.

What did you learn from the statement?I thought "what it is" was kind of anodyne and slightly patronising.

I learned a couple of things. The date for the final planning meeting is 12th October and we have over ?6m in funding for the new stand.

You have to remember FA that the statement is for ALL Hearts fans, and ALL Hearts fans don't have your undoubted, in depth knowledge on developments at the club.

I'm happy that the club have given the supporters this information whether we are "flying high" or otherwise.

I don't think that the team "flying high is 3rd place" strikes the right note after two disappointing results but otherwise, the club as a whole is certainly heading in the right direction. 

I see the long game here, and in a couple of years, I thoroughly believe that we will be flying high.

Meanwhile it's fitting that Ann gives comment on the Hall of Fame, as well as the opening of the museum and remembrance garden. Oct 12th is the big one though.  

The fans have already stumped up twice as much as Ann did, with no prospect of receiving a penny back.

The CVA needed hard cash there and then, she put a significant portion of her hard earned cash in to save the club. Since then she has finally got the stadium redevelopment off the ground, overseen the building of a museum and memorial garden, attracted external investment and reorganised the football department to the extent where we won immediate promotion and have sat in the top three every week since. Don't know about you, but where I come from, that sort of thing deserves praise and buys the person a bit of leeway to address the fans every now and again with a quick up to speed announcement.

Nah mate, I'm not having that. The dotnet accountants told us that level of direct debits would not be sustained.

Seymour M Hersh

Is "flying high" not a back handed reference to the plane protest.

I certainly read it that way.

I think you're overthinking it. 

But if she hadn't stumped up her cash when she did, there would not have been a club for us to stump up our cash for.

She made it clear from the outset that she wasn't some benefactor that was going to pump money into the club, but she would risk putting up the money to save the club on the basis she could get that money back as and when we could afford to repay her.

The CVA needed hard cash there and then, she put a significant portion of her hard earned cash in to save the club. Since then she has finally got the stadium redevelopment off the ground, overseen the building of a museum and memorial garden, attracted external investment and reorganised the football department to the extent where we won immediate promotion and have sat in the top three every week since. Don't know about you, but where I come from, that sort of thing deserves praise and buys the person a bit of leeway to address the fans every now and again with a quick up to speed announcement.

:spoton:

Francis Albert

But if she hadn't stumped up her cash when she did, there would not have been a club for us to stump up our cash for.

She made it clear from the outset that she wasn't some benefactor that was going to pump money into the club, but she would risk putting up the money to save the club on the basis she could get that money back as and when we could afford to repay her.

Risk? Well not quite. The Bidco/FoH agreement gave her not only a healthy return in interest but security on Hearts assets including Tynecastle.

Yes we owe her a debt of gratitude. But not fawning adulation.

Hackney Hearts

If each fan stumped up twice as much as Ann we'd be laughing! Champions of Europe.

And you still think AB deserves no remuneration for what she does full-time (whether it's called interest or salary)?

Francis Albert

If each fan stumped up twice as much as Ann we'd be laughing! Champions of Europe.

And you still think AB deserves no remuneration for what she does full-time (whether it's called interest or salary)?

No. I think she deserves a salary and interest. Never suggested otherwise.

Hackney Hearts

No. I think she deserves a salary and interest. Never suggested otherwise.

Ok, fair enough - don't think it's always come across like that. Not sure why you added the phrase in bold: "The fans have already stumped up twice as much as Ann did, with no prospect of receiving a penny back".

Sounded like a comparison between the fans and Ann. As a FOH contributor, I can't see why I would expect any money, as I don't work for the club - she does.

Risk? Well not quite. The Bidco/FoH agreement gave her not only a healthy return in interest but security on Hearts assets including Tynecastle.

Yes we owe her a debt of gratitude. But not fawning adulation.

I'm with you Francis, on all your comments here. No fawning from me. Or clapping.

I'm with you Francis, on all your comments here. No fawning from me. Or clapping.

I think she deserves both. More so than any other individual in the last decade at least. I think the lack of gratitude she has seen from some quarters is actually a little bit of a sad reflection on modern society and values.

Seems we have a good few wannabee lawyers on here,must there be a forensic examination of every utterance from Mrs Budge's mouth.

What the feck is she supposed to say ???

Part of he job is to "sell" the club to potential investors and sponsors.

She can hardly do that by issuing statements that everything is going tits up because we didn't score against St Johnstone or Ross County.

It's her job to present the club in the best way possible, and with this statement she's done just that, highlighting positives such as the museum, hall of fame event, decent (but obviously could be better) start to the season and funding well on track for a new stand.

All positive and up beat, but still people find things to complain and nit-pick about.

I think folk need to realise these statements aren't really for the "in-the-know" fans of JKB.

They are a form of marketing and gives the club an image of being clued up, open and honest. Useful for attracting future signings or investment...

Also means Hearts control more of what is being said about the new stand and the like instead of piss stories being written in certain papers

i love the statements from Ann, if only so I can read the latest ramblings of our resident FoH/Budge hater. It must be hard to be so bitter that they have to come on to every thread in any way linkd to FoH and try and pour cold water over the greatest fan ownershiop scheme in Scottish football history. A news story about the museum, the Hall of Fame and a wee update on the planning meeting for the new stand and still negativity. Hilariously sad  

Archived