***Official Motherwell v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Well it's an interesting test

Sort of game I'd expect us to struggle

But we really need to kill teams off when we are dominant so maybe we can do that.

Do exactly what we have been doing but keep Watt or Sammon right up on the shoulder of the last man.

Give Muirhead a start on left mid as well.

It's not going to be an easy game and one we can very easily play well in and still walk away with a defeat - which is a worrying habit we seem to be walking in to.

Hopefully someone finds their scoring boots and we walk away with a 2-1 victory.

Big game this. I'm not sure when results actually do start to matter but Friday is as good a time as any,

We've had a couple of poor results, with okay performances, but now need to step up a bit and take the initiative. Especially with aberdeen showing signs they are maintaining their consistency of the last couple of years.

I think 1-0 to Hearts.

letsalldothebeattie

We don't travel well to Motherwell but saying that we don't travel well in general. Would take a draw just now but after the loss to St Johnstone and the draw with County on Saturday we need to win this one.

Go with:

Hamilton

Paterson, Souttar, Rossi, Rherras

Kitchen, Cowie

Walker, Watt, Nicholson

Sammon

Subs: Noring, Ozturk, Buaben, Djoum, Muirhead, Johnsen, Nowak

1-0 Hearts Walker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big test and 3 points would get us back on track. We should just keep doing what we're doing and the goals will come. Only change would be Walker in if he is fit.

2-1 Hearts.

Are there any statisticians out there that can possible answer the following.....

The rough date in the championship when our tactics changed and we started to grind through games? 

The rough date when the match threads started getting earlier than 24 hours before KO?

I'm not one for superstitions however if these dates match then perhaps we can point the finger away from Robbie & Craig and at someone else :muggy:

Are there any statisticians out there that can possible answer the following.....

The rough date in the championship when our tactics changed and we started to grind through games?

The rough date when the match threads started getting earlier than 24 hours before KO?

I'm not one for superstitions however if these dates match then perhaps we can point the finger away from Robbie & Craig and at someone else :muggy:

10-0 v Cowdenbeath took place either side of the ground out games

It's a complex picture. You may be onto something though.

We_are_the_Hearts

10-0 v Cowdenbeath took place either side of the ground out games

It's a complex picture. You may be onto something though.

We beat Motherwell 6-0 but Robbie told them to take their chances that game. Training the next day they were told it was a one off and not to get other ideas

We beat Motherwell 6-0 but Robbie told them to take their chances that game. Training the next day they were told it was a one off and not to get other ideas

Yeah Rudolf referred to Championship season

Motherwell was (one of) Sow's last games. But still not sure what Reilly did wrong to get dropped.

First I thought 1-1.

But on the BBC predictor league I've always backed us to win and it never feels right not to.

No change.....1-2 to us

If we can translate chances into goals we'll win no worries, we really have to be more deadly in that area..

I do like the way we've dominated games at times as well

Need goals

First I thought 1-1.

But on the BBC predictor league I've always backed us to win and it never feels right not to.

No change.....1-2 to us

I like the optimism but I don't get it.  You are basically saying we will win 38 games out of 38 this season and that is truly absurd.

I like the optimism but I don't get it. You are basically saying we will win 38 games out of 38 this season and that is truly absurd.

It's simple. Recent results made me think 1-1, but I think we are a better team than motherwell and will win 2-1.

Apart from Celtic, i feel we are Capable of beating anyone as long as we start converting our chances.

It's simple. Recent results made me think 1-1, but I think we are a better team than motherwell and will win 2-1.

Apart from Celtic, i feel we are Capable of beating anyone as long as we start converting our chances.

I agree we are capable of beating anyone in the league (including the occasional game v Celtic) but we just can't do it as there is something just not there for me.  I imagine that we will get 1 point out of our next 2 v Motherwell and Dundee.

I agree we are capable of beating anyone in the league (including the occasional game v Celtic) but we just can't do it as there is something just not there for me. I imagine that we will get 1 point out of our next 2 v Motherwell and Dundee.

Last two games have been disappointing so I understand what your saying.

I will be looking for 6/6 for the next two. Optimism, yeah, but if we are trying for second (not claiming we will get that) we need to win as many points as possible and on paper we should win these two.

Before the last two games we were three wins in a row...granted Hamilton was last minute, but we are capable imo.

We do however need a left Midfielder and a poacher/striker to cement my Optimism.

Bench Nicholson and Djoum.

Walker to start wide with middle two of Kitchen and Cowie.

Watt(still dropping deep in free role) with Sammon and Muirhead upfront.

Play Cowie in the middle. Drop Djoum. Tell Watt not to drop so deep and stay in and around the other striker.

couldn't say it better myself, we are a good team, I just think we need to believe it.

I'd like to see us trying Watt as an attacking left winger as he's out on the wing more than in the box or attempting to shoot as of late. Nicholson and Muirhead could feature in the second half.

Hamilton

Paterson     Souttar     Rossi     Rherras

Kitchen

Walker         Cowie         Watt

Sammon      Johnsen

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I would never consider backing against a team creating 16 chances a game.

Bound to take a few sooner or later. Couple of bad results and we are back to being shite, oh well

I'd like to see us trying Watt as an attacking left winger as he's out on the wing more than in the box or attempting to shoot as of late. Nicholson and Muirhead could feature in the second half.

Hamilton

Paterson Souttar Rossi Rherras

Kitchen

Walker Cowie Watt

Sammon Johnsen

Does Watt provide any defensive cover for Rherras?

I think Watt should be right up front and told to stay there.

Muirhead out on the left.

Does Watt provide any defensive cover for Rherras?

I think Watt should be right up front and told to stay there.

Muirhead out on the left.

Watt is better than Nicholson at defending

Motherwell will win this sadly. :(

IF...and I say IF this happens we'll be in fifth or sixth place by next week, depending on other results of course.

Seethe fest on the cards if so.........

Archived