Oliver Burke

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I wonder who these people supported before. How can you just pluck 30,000 fans out eh. I assume the area was perhaps crying our for a team so in that case fair enough.

I think Lokomotiv went bust and got relegated to the bottom of the German pyramid, something like 13 leagues below the Bundesliga.  I can imagine a lot of their fans might have just given up, which also means leaving their own kids free to support whoever they want.

I don't think anyone is getting too carried away here. The reactions to the sudden arrival of Oliver Burke have been completely natural to seeing a 19 year old Scottish player score in the bundesliga on his full debut. You can see his raw talent, positivity & attitude;it's absolutely undeniable. He has made a telling impact in every single game I've seen him play for forest,Scotland and Leipzig. He's no Ryan gauld, Jack Harper or Islam feruz all anonymous in high level first team action.

Gauld and Harper are only 20 years old, a bit early to be writing them off is it not?

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Not writing gauld & Harper off but there was an unmerited hype machine surrounding them before any high level first team action. So far they've not done anything to impress at a high level. Gauld has been loaned out & Harper hasn't made one appearance for Brighton. As I say I'm not writing them off I'm just comparing their impacts and showing that there is a tendency to overhype young scots players but it's not the case with Burke;it's not hype.

I think Lokomotiv went bust and got relegated to the bottom of the German pyramid, something like 13 leagues below the Bundesliga. I can imagine a lot of their fans might have just given up, which also means leaving their own kids free to support whoever they want.

Locomotive are in the 4th tier, doing not too badly. I can't believe folk are defending RB Leipzig, they are probably about 6 or 7 on my hate list. What Red Bull has done in football deserves a firing squad. For the record they simply bought another club and superimposed themselves over them. If you support that in football you should hang your head in shame. They didn't build the stadium either, the Zentralstadion was already there, and it's a far better stadium than those rats deserve.

So would we accept a Red Bull Hearts that dominated Scottish football and challenged for European trophies?

The answer from everyone here would be no, but I wonder if after 10yrs of this success what the view would be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So would we accept a Red Bull Hearts that dominated Scottish football and challenged for European trophies?

The answer from everyone here would be no, but I wonder if after 10yrs of this success what the view would be!

I'd hope they got humped every week, that's not my club. They'd change your colours and badge to start with.

It is absolutely superb to see a young Scottish player looking like he will make it to the top - well overdue. I would love to see Ryan Gauld fulfill his potential, as well :)

On the verge of having a few young players coming in

McGinn and Souttar perhaps though that is a bit optimistic perhaps

I'd hope they got humped every week, that's not my club. They'd change your colours and badge to start with.

My view as well, but would it be our Kids or Grandkids!?

I'm not so sure, I think success would override history.

Your probably right I reckon, pish eh?

Bazzas right boot

Aye sounds shite...

For me big clubs are protected, they already have the most fans and get the most tv/ sponsorship money, how can a smaller team ever compete, particularly over a sustained time frame, the only way is a massive buy out.

UCL money has made this type of club the only real threat to the established teams.

The only way to build a successful long term club in this day in age is to do it this way, any other way will fail.

Dortmund tried, Bayern simply bought their best players as soon as they looked like a long term threat.

In order to compete with Bayern, this model would seem to be the only way to go, no different imo to city, Chelsea that went this way to overtake arsenal and man u, even us under Romanov to a lesser extent.

If done well can work and can put the shitters up the established teams, if done wrong it can be death of a club.

Aye sounds shite...

For me big clubs are protected, they already have the most fans and get the most tv/ sponsorship money, how can a smaller team ever compete, particularly over a sustained time frame, the only way is a massive buy out.

UCL money has made this type of club the only real threat to the established teams.

The only way to build a successful long term club in this day in age is to do it this way, any other way will fail.

Dortmund tried, Bayern simply bought their best players as soon as they looked like a long term threat.

In order to compete with Bayern, this model would seem to be the only way to go, no different imo to city, Chelsea that went this way to overtake arsenal and man u, even us under Romanov to a lesser extent.

If done well can work and can put the shitters up the established teams, if done wrong it can be death of a club.

I hope it means the death of RB Leipzig, a real jelly and ice cream moment for lovers of football that would be.

Also they didn't buy a squad, they bought a club, huge difference.

I'd rather my kids supported the Old Firm, God forgive me.

The team's a marketing exercise for red bull, a fairly odious company - Vorayuth Yoovidhya, the son of the owner, tried to have someone else framed when he ran over and killed a police officer, dragging his body 100 yards down the road. The officer involved in the framing is suspended and facing charges, while the son still hasn't faced charges 4 years later and hasn't even been showing up to meetings to "discuss the issue".

He is 'hiding' in Singapore to avoid media coverage. Most likely he will stay there until the statute of limitations on the crime expires and he can come back to Thailand. 

As you state Police have not yet filed official charges against him yet. This is so he can remain in Singapore and not be regarded as a wanted criminal. Most likely the very rich and powerful family (with very rich and powerful friends) are in negotiations how he can get off the hook as has been the case with many serious criminal offenders with money and connections. 

I'd rather my kids supported the Old Firm, God forgive me.

Steady on! A team exploited by an energy drink to push their brand or two teams which exploit religious and sectarian division to push their brand. I'll take the can of overpriced caffeine and sugar please.

RB Leipzig are a cancer in German football, everything I hate about the modern game rolled into a single package. Scumbags who have just bought clown fans to the detriment of the city's traditional clubs. After their sickening exercise in Salzburg I look forward to the day the parent company folds.

Not a fan then?

Still a step above Dynamo Berlin in the scummy German clubs stakes, in my opinion.

not particularly familiar with Dynamo Berlin, why would you class them as a scummy club?

not particularly familiar with Dynamo Berlin, why would you class them as a scummy club?

They have a pretty sizeable far right element to their support, they're not popular for good reason

Locomotive are in the 4th tier, doing not too badly. I can't believe folk are defending RB Leipzig, they are probably about 6 or 7 on my hate list. What Red Bull has done in football deserves a firing squad. For the record they simply bought another club and superimposed themselves over them. If you support that in football you should hang your head in shame. They didn't build the stadium either, the Zentralstadion was already there, and it's a far better stadium than those rats deserve.

Where did I say I supported it?  Someone was asking where all their fans came from.  The fact is, that with Lokomotiv down in the 13th or 14th tier, a lot of their supporters will have given up, leaving their kids looking for a team to support.  Along comes a hugely successful "new" team to plug the gap, and bingo! - the stands are full.

Cheated their way to ten titles and have the cheek to wear one of those stars above their badge like they're proud of it. And I mean proper cheating, like bribing/blackmailing/threatening refs and other players. They were the favourite team of the East German Stasi chief and reaped all the benefits he threw at them. Nasty horrible club.

Cheated their way to ten titles and have the cheek to wear one of those stars above their badge like they're proud of it. And I mean proper cheating, like bribing/blackmailing/threatening refs and other players. They were the favourite team of the East German Stasi chief and reaped all the benefits he threw at them. Nasty horrible club.

Ah I wasn't aware of any of this sounds quite interesting! Thanks!

The Guardian has an article based on an interview with Oliver Burke today.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/04/oliver-burke-england-scotland-rb-leipzig-nottingham-forest

One little snippet from it names his agent as "Craig Mather". It's the same Craig Mather that was a director of Rangers a couple of years ago.

He was CEO at one point.

If he carries us to a World Cup, I'll let him bum me. In the mouth.

I hope every thread about the lad doesn't become about RB Leipzig. Last couple have, fair enough, first I really knew about them, but I'm selfish and only want to hear how the lads doing. Could be playing for Isis Leipzig for all I care if he's the real deal!!

If he carries us to a World Cup, I'll let him bum me. In the mouth.

I hope every thread about the lad doesn't become about RB Leipzig. Last couple have, fair enough, first I really knew about them, but I'm selfish and only want to hear how the lads doing. Could be playing for Isis Leipzig for all I care if he's the real deal!!

His name was in a list of young Rangers players U12s

Unknown user

His name was in a list of young Rangers players U12s

You sure about that? I thought he'd been down in England with Forest since he was 7 or 8

You sure about that? I thought he'd been down in England with Forest since he was 7 or 8

signed for mowbray rangers (local side in Leicestershire ) aged 7 or 8 then scouted and signed for forest at 9

Archived