Gorgie stand today

HamishMcGonagall

HamishMcGonagall

Good effort from the group sitting in the hospitality seats there today (stag do? Saw one with a crown or something on?) Wish they were there every game.

Some old favourites gettin sang. Well done whoever you are

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...a bit disco

Good effort from the group sitting in the hospitality seats there today (stag do? Saw one with a crown or something on?) Wish they were there every game.

Complimentary bar took a hammering it would seem!

:olly:

MacDonald Jardine

Pity that it is beer that is needed to get fans up for it rather than what the team are producing on the park.

To be fair it's always helped!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Can't say a word in G anymore due to over zealous g4s staff.

Good effort from the lads in the gorgie

Had a right laugh at that steward :rofl: grade a bellend

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Once the new stand is build the Gorgie Road stand needs to be handed over to those who wish to have a sing song that way all the like minded people are all in the one place & there's no complaints about bad language or people standing etc. Something needs to be done as the team are suffering as a result of the lack of backing from the stands. Today was embarrassing when the hospitality are the loudest in the stadium.

No wonder the singing has stopped, we as a club have lost the plot. A steward trying to get the police involved becaused someone swore! Section G was like a damp squid today as big brother is watching.

Once the new stand is build the Gorgie Road stand needs to be handed over to those who wish to have a sing song that way all the like minded people are all in the one place & there's no complaints about bad language or people standing etc. Something needs to be done as the team are suffering as a result of the lack of backing from the stands. Today was embarrassing when the hospitality are the loudest in the stadium.

Wait...the team are failing to score because people in the stands aren't swearing enough or standing up?

Wait...the team are failing to score because people in the stands aren't swearing enough or standing up?[/quote

No it's because of folk like you

Atmosphere was terrible today.

It was almost non-existent today.

I've no idea how it can be considered a sell-out either, there was an easily noticeable amount of empty seats.

Wait...the team are failing to score because people in the stands aren't swearing enough or standing up?[/quote

No it's because of folk like you

ggzshDr.gif

Boy with crown and his mates were celebrating a birthday, all Dunfermline and District Hearts members. They'll still be in Dickens now!!

It was almost non-existent today.

I've no idea how it can be considered a sell-out either, there was an easily noticeable amount of empty seats.

Must have been at least 1000 empty seats scattered around. Unreal the number of people who can't be arsed telling the ticket office that they can re-sell their seat.

Must have been at least 1000 empty seats scattered around. Unreal the number of people who can't be arsed telling the ticket office that they can re-sell their seat.

Or can't be arsed turning up to a game with the season ticket they've already paid for.

...a bit disco

Or can't be arsed turning up to a game with the season ticket they've already paid for.

Seat next to me has been used for the first half of the Celtic game then never since.

Frustrating.

So I'm walking out the Gorgie Stand today, minding my own business and I get to the bottom of the stairs...a female G4S steward walks over to me and says 'excuse me madam..You cant bring bottles of water into the stadium...I know my colleague took it off you..but dont do it again'

So I'm looking at her..trying to figure out what the hell she's talking about...and she smirks at me.

Now I havent got a clue what she's going on about...no steward took water off me....I never had water...the only drink I had was a diet coke from the kiosk.

'You've got the wrong person, I dont have a clue what youre talking about' says I.....

'No it was definitely you..or your husband, my colleague told me'

...so...was it me? Or was it my husband?...(who wasnt even at the game) ??....no answer...just stood there looking vacant.

Seriously...I'm wondering who employs these fuds.

...a bit disco

So I'm walking out the Gorgie Stand today, minding my own business and I get to the bottom of the stairs...a female G4S steward walks over to me and says 'excuse me madam..You cant bring bottles of water into the stadium...I know my colleague took it off you..but dont do it again'

So I'm looking at her..trying to figure out what the hell she's talking about...and she smirks at me.

Now I havent got a clue what she's going on about...no steward took water off me....I never had water...the only drink I had was a diet coke from the kiosk.

'You've got the wrong person, I dont have a clue what youre talking about' says I.....

...so...was it me? Or was it my husband?...(who wasnt even at the game) ??....no answer...just stood there looking vacant.

A wee complaint wouldn't go amiss.

I was offered work with this lot.

No training, cash in hand cowboys.

Most Stewards are a joke

Pathetic individuals who pretty much fail in the real world

Decent Stewards and there is never enough of them for me, just blend and are good at what they are employed for

Tell them to feck off !!

Thing is the old firm stroll into town and get away with murder yet our own fans are treated like naughty school kids, no other place in society would you pay so much money as a customer and be treated with so little respect.

The steward looked a complete bellend and good to see so many fans standing for up for each other

If i was you id email the club.

Stewardship is part of match day.

But any confrontational attitudes from the stewards should be nailed.

By the way if the club wishes people to stop bringing drinks into the game they should reflect that in the pruces inside the ground.

Whats more the club looses money .

Look at the shops before the match with shops selling sweeties etc.

I put enough dough into the club without getting pannied inside on match days.

Also the section g stuff.

Its time the fans challenged back.

We all know the difference between moronic and passionate behaviour.

Feel angry on your behalf.

Thing is the old firm stroll into town and get away with murder yet our own fans are treated like naughty school kids, no other place in society would you pay so much money as a customer and be treated with so little respect.

The steward looked a complete bellend and good to see so many fans standing for up for each other

Bang On

The stewards at the back of G are there to make sure everyones in their seat yet they are standing in two seats which could be used by someone, As for the wee bellend steward earlier few fans up the back got him telt after giving the back of G the finger on his way to get the polis.

Most Stewards are a joke

Pathetic individuals who pretty much fail in the real world

Decent Stewards and there is never enough of them for me, just blend and are good at what they are employed for

Embarrassment of a post, I guessing you're the kind of person who thinks it's the stewards job to stop 3,500 Celtics fans singing about the IRA.

Today I actually struggled to stay awake. The atmosphere was so quiet. This is not right.

i happened to get a wee bit angry around an hour in and spotted one or two funny looks around me.

Football's knackered now mate. People that were in it for what's on the park, what the game is all about are slowly being phased out.

It's all about the "match day experience" now....whatever the feck that is?

i happened to get a wee bit angry around an hour in and spotted one or two funny looks around me.

Football's knackered now mate. People that were in it for what's on the park, what the game is all about are slowly being phased out.

A quaint half-time draw, schoolkids playing on the part at half-time, hot dogs and an overpriced Coke, and most of all a swear-free family friendly environment.

Because why the hell would anyone want a raucous, rowdy, lively, energetic and at times hostile footballing atmosphere in the stands to inspire the team on the park?

I'd encourage fans who are fed up with the sanatising of Tynecastle to get in touch with the club. The atmosphere is dire, there needs to be a bit of common sense used as we're at a football match ffs.

Embarrassment of a post, I guessing you're the kind of person who thinks it's the stewards job to stop 3,500 Celtics fans singing about the IRA.

No IMO Stewards  should embrace  themselves with the support (tbf some do) but a lot of them dont and are for no real reason at times are  nothing more confrontational

Jumped up wannabees

Pedantic and petty at times

As for Embarrassment your reply sure is

As for stopping the Celtic fans poison never seen that in all my days at Tynie  from Stewards

I'd encourage fans who are fed up with the sanatising of Tynecastle to get in touch with the club. The atmosphere is dire, there needs to be a bit of common sense used as we're at a football match ffs.

:spoton: In an attempt to be a soft, cuddly, family friendly stadium it's effectively watered all over any spark of atmosphere there was before.

The atmosphere is terrible these days, and it's not all down to the team on the park or their performances.

No IMO Stewards  should embrace  themselves with the support (tbf some do) but a lot of them dont and are for no real reason at times are  nothing more confrontational

Jumped up wannabees

Pedantic and petty at times

As for Embarrassment your reply sure is

As for stopping the Celtic fans poison never seen that in all my days at Tynie  from Stewards

You sound like an angry man with no real coherence or understanding as to what his own argument is, so I'll leave you simmer down in his own froth.

You sound like an angry man with no real coherence or understanding as to what his own argument is, so I'll leave you simmer down in his own froth.

Do you what you want

What you on about anyway ??

Lifetime bans please! I phoned the grass line thank god it's still going.

Shooter McGavin

Atmosphere is ******* awful nowadays. If you're offended by swearing and fans having a rant every now and then, then I suggest you  go and choose another sport, footballs not for you. 

Atmosphere is ******* awful nowadays. If you're offended by swearing and fans having a rant every now and then, then I suggest you and choose another sport, footballs not for you.

This is our club now, I'm so happy.

I remember the good old days pre-Budge.

Going to the pub before a game against a shitty wee team. Having a few beers. Right up for the game.

"Let's make some noise..!!!!"

A loud roar at 2:59pm.

Then **** all for the next couple of hours.

Anyone that thinks we have ever really created much of an atmosphere for run of the mill league games in the last 20 years other than against Hibs, Celtic and Rangers are having a ****ing laugh.

Sanitisation of Tynecastle my arse.

Going to the pub before a game against a shitty wee team. Having a few beers. Right up for the game.

Anyone that thinks we have ever really created much of an atmosphere for run of the mill league games in the last 20 years other than against Hibs, Celtic and Rangers are having a ******* laugh.

I actually agree.

It's just that Celtic can manage a better atmosphere with half a ground against Alloa than we manage all season.

That's the problem, times move forward and we've been left miles behind.

Anyone that thinks we have ever really created much of an atmosphere for run of the mill league games in the last 20 years other than against Hibs, Celtic and Rangers are having a ******* laugh.

This. Been the same for as long as I can remember.

Atmosphere has been shit for years but it's worse now. Auld Budgie has turned us into a pussy of a club.

This exactly, on both counts.

J.T.F.Robertson

Atmosphere has been shit for years but it's worse now. Auld Budgie has turned us into a pussy of a club.

"Auld Budgie", with help from us, saved our club.

Calm the feck down!

Archived