time wasting goat herders !

wattie exploited

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Correction - the weak referee awarded 4 fouls against them in the first half and ignored various others!  How about the second half where they hacked, and kicked, and did everything possible to waste time?

So what if Robbie went to fetch the ball - did that give McIntyre the excuse to kick it away like some moron??

How about their much vaunted 'goal scorer - he spent the whole game diving about and moaning his tits off to the referee!!!

As a Hearts fan their performance made my blood boil - but you bash on giving them as much "credit" as you want.

No need to reply - thanks.

As our tactics apparently made Celtic and Aberdeen fans blood boil last season, which is very good, obviously a job well done, as the County fans will no doubt feel. That is football, I don't have a problem with that. Prefer to concentrate on what can make Hearts better

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie

Did your family survive the poisonous minutes applause in Aberdeen ok btw?

They did thanks. Massive police presence ensured only the Rangers bus was hurt. Rangers fans actually rather cleverly sang Rule Britannia in the eleventh minute, taking all the sting out of it, Aberdeen then applauding one of their favourite ditties, quite clever by their standards.

So yes, I got that one wrong, but all the same, an awful lot of poison and bile surrounding Rangers that will inevitably end up in trouble, and someone not remotely interested in causing spite will get injured, as they did at Ibrox a year past January in our own case. Personally I love a feral atmosphere, but as I grow older I begin to appreciate the consequences

never seen a worse display of timewasting in my life. They were at it for the whole of the 2nd half and how the referee didn't add on time for it all I have no idea. The goalie was the worst and the ref just ignored it, apart from gesticulating to him over and over again, which made no difference but still no yellow card

Lord Beni of Gorgie

never seen a worse display of timewasting in my life. They were at it for the whole of the 2nd half and how the referee didn't add on time for it all I have no idea. The goalie was the worst and the ref just ignored it, apart from gesticulating to him over and over again, which made no difference but still no yellow card

Ach, we have done it ourselves. I remember one match against United in Csabas days when we won 1-0 at Tannadice, I think it was Obua went down, and he actually got a change of gloves to waste time. As unpleasant as it is, absolutely every team will do what it takes. Refs generally don't do an awful lot about it which is frustrating. We got about 5 1/2 added on Saturday which is actually better in normal, in the English Championship i have often seen matches that go into double digits.

1 and 3 seem to be our core numbers. Rarely do they take into account, or at least it seems that way, all the subs and goals. I think the Hamilton match was a good case in point, I think there were 5 subs and 4 goals, 30 secs for each made for at least 4 minutes 30 secs before anything else, I don't think that was played.

One of those things that can work for or against, I am honest enough to admit we like to push the rules and so we should.

As our tactics apparently made Celtic and Aberdeen fans blood boil last season, which is very good, obviously a job well done, as the County fans will no doubt feel. That is football, I don't have a problem with that. Prefer to concentrate on what can make Hearts better

Can't remember Celtic or Aberdeen fans being daft enough to give Hearts "all credit" for doing so though.....

I live in the Highlands, there aren't that many goats.

No the good looking ones are all spoken for....

:spoton:

Don't think I've ever got upset about an opponents general performance?

You do what you want to do to try and win or get a point.

Yes, I'll have a whinge at how the referee lets a player get away with time wasting (goalies especially) or persistent fouling but how a team sets up or wants to play is hardly something to get hot and sweaty about.

We simply need to be good enough to beat them with our own game, see within the game itself how we need to combat it.

Don't think I've ever got upset about an opponents general performance?

You do what you want to do to try and win or get a point.

Yes, I'll have a whinge at how the referee lets a player get away with time wasting (goalies especially) or persistent fouling but how a team sets up or wants to play is hardly something to get hot and sweaty about.

We simply need to be good enough to beat them with our own game, see within the game itself how we need to combat it.

Bully for you!

There were more than a few Hearts fans getting a bit "hot and sweaty" at RC antics on Saturday.

I am not sure what Aberdeen fans have to bleat about, they won 2 and lost 3, the 2 at Tynecastle that we won we were nuch the better team, the game we won up there both teams where murder, we just nicked a goal.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I am not sure what Aberdeen fans have to bleat about, they won 2 and lost 3, the 2 at Tynecastle that we won we were nuch the better team, the game we won up there both teams where murder, we just nicked a goal.

Our performance in December at Aberdeen and Celtic almost a year to the day was described as physical, negative, gamesmanship etc.

The point is every team will try to play like that at some point. To bleat about a team like Ross County doing it is a bit Hibs for my liking.

Take your chances it becomes irrelevant

I've said it before but a simple rule change would sort out all this "gamesmanship" pish. Simply change the timing rules to become like American sports and only start the clock when the ball is in play. 4th official would actually have something to do all game instead of just annoying the managers. Play for around 30 minutes and any timewasting the goalie tries to do when the ball is out of play counts for nothing. Have a hooter or something and when that goes, the next time the ball goes out the game is finished (unless the team not in possession of the ball commits a foul, in which case play continues).

Would likely take a lot of getting used to but at least fans wouldn't have to rely on a "strong" refereeing performance to actually be treated to some football.

Our performance in December at Aberdeen and Celtic almost a year to the day was described as physical, negative, gamesmanship etc.

The point is every team will try to play like that at some point. To bleat about a team like Ross County doing it is a bit Hibs for my liking.

Take your chances it becomes irrelevant

They were both poor, I agree, the game at Parkhead we could have been hammered, we got a point, next time through there we lost but played well, people on here were praising us for having a go even though we got beat and moaning about the way we played in the first game even although we got a point, it's a funny old game.

Diadora Van Basten

I've said it before but a simple rule change would sort out all this "gamesmanship" pish. Simply change the timing rules to become like American sports and only start the clock when the ball is in play. 4th official would actually have something to do all game instead of just annoying the managers. Play for around 30 minutes and any timewasting the goalie tries to do when the ball is out of play counts for nothing. Have a hooter or something and when that goes, the next time the ball goes out the game is finished (unless the team not in possession of the ball commits a foul, in which case play continues).

Would likely take a lot of getting used to but at least fans wouldn't have to rely on a "strong" refereeing performance to actually be treated to some football.

You are absolutely right.

Can't remember Celtic or Aberdeen fans being daft enough to give Hearts "all credit" for doing so though.....

Can't remember the referees being as lenient with us on those occasions.

If we had done that at Parkhead there would have been at least double the added time in addition to multiple bookings for time wasting.

Absolutely spot on. As with other things that get on people's tits at football, the solutions are really blindingly obvious but the will to implement changes is lacking.

There's the answer right there. Taking timekeeping out of the referee's hands is always my reply whenever there is a "what rule would you change?" thread.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

How long would games last? Was a serious problem in the NFL. Seems fine in rugby. 30 minutes each way and stop the clock every time.

I believe the average game time is less than an hour, read it somewhere years ago.

When Sky used to inform us of the stat the better games had the ball in play for around an hour so yes, 30mins in play in each half.

Just for fun I'd also have a 2 yard by 2 yard box in the corner where you can freely kick the shite out of anyone who carries the ball into it!!!

wattie exploited

Were you not at the game to hear it yourself??

he got shouted at because he was taken like ages to get of the field !

big deal he should dry his eyes !

Have to agree with this, was just adding to their timewasting.

Were you not at the game to hear it yourself??

I was there but as I was over in the wheatfield stand, I did not hear what abuse was said

wattie exploited

I was there but as I was over in the wheatfield stand, I did not hear what abuse was said

am in the wheat field stand and I was shouting abuse at him and am quite loud haaha

When he finally got on his feet he was given a round of applause by County AND Hearts fans behind the goal - all conveniently forgotten by this idiot!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

When he finally got on his feet he was given a round of applause by County AND Hearts fans behind the goal - all conveniently forgotten by this idiot!

Watched the Alba highlights last night. It was a fair old right hook delivered by Jack :lol:

wattie exploited

the guy was milking it crawling  off at a snails pace to the halfway line then 10 secs later sprinting back on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the guy was milking it crawling  off at a snails pace to the halfway line then 10 secs later sprinting back on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was taking the piss - first instead of taking 2 steps leave the field over the goal line, he strolls towards the side line, then makes a change of direction and shuffles towards the halfway line - THAT was when he got boo'ed!!

wattie exploited

He was taking the piss - first instead of taking 2 steps leave the field over the goal line, he strolls towards the side line, then makes a change of direction and shuffles towards the halfway line - THAT was when he got boo'ed!!

the worst part the ref was fine with him taking an age !!!!!!!!!

wattie exploited

But it will be okay if we do it one up on Friday?

no one could ever waste as much time as what happened on Saturday  it is not what people pay money to see I would rather see a team attack us than get bored to death by watching a team not really trying !!! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

no one could ever waste as much time as what happened on Saturday it is not what people pay money to see I would rather see a team attack us than get bored to death by watching a team not really trying !!!

Modern game Wattie even the big teams do it. No doubt we will sooner or later

wattie exploited

Modern game Wattie even the big teams do it. No doubt we will sooner or later

your right but not to that extent they were at it the whole of the second half and the goalie was at it for 90 mins just rubbish entertainment 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

your right but not to that extent they were at it the whole of the second half and the goalie was at it for 90 mins just rubbish entertainment

All about the money now. 2 decent results on the bounce for County

wattie exploited

they were so lucky to get any points out there last two games mind you they only really played 90 mins out of the 2 games as the rest of the time they just done nothing butt waste time and didnt try to play football 

But it will be okay if we do it one up on Friday?

If we do we will get a rash of yellow cards!

I don't give a shit about County.

wattie exploited

I don't give a shit about County.

like wise the only team that matters to me is Hearts I couldn't give a crap about any other team full stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

like wise the only team that matters to me is Hearts I couldn't give a crap about any other team full stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And County couldn't or shouldn't give a shit about Hearts which has been my point all along. We need to handle anti football or begin to sound like Hibs fans

And County couldn't or shouldn't give a shit about Hearts which has been my point all along. We need to handle anti football or begin to sound like Hibs fans

No, your original point was that you were giving County "All Credit" for their time wasting antics - with respect THAT sounded like a Hibs fan at the wind up on a Hearts fans forum.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No, your original point was that you were giving County "All Credit" for their time wasting antics - with respect THAT sounded like a Hibs fan at the wind up on a Hearts fans forum.

:rofl:

A Hibs fan. No just acknowledged that they did what they needed to do for themselves and well. Of course it is frustrating for us but that is precisely the point.

God awful to watch but we have done it through the years and been pleased with our "professionalism"

wattie exploited

:rofl:

A Hibs fan. No just acknowledged that they did what they needed to do for themselves and well. Of course it is frustrating for us but that is precisely the point.

God awful to watch but we have done it through the years and been pleased with our "professionalism"

we have never been as bad as what RC were never  even close that was 45 mins of boredom from them 

Archived