how many chances do hearts need to score

wattie exploited

wattie exploited

how many chances do we need to score ? the last two weeks people are saying oh their goalie saved them "no " we missed great chanced to score !!!!! :rifle:  :rifle:

I would argue that we're not creating that many chances.

Not 'he should score there' chances anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would argue that we're not creating that many chances.

Not 'he should score there' chances anyway.

Were you at the game today!???

Were you at the game today!???

I've not missed a Hearts game in Scotland this season.

And we're not creating gilt edged chances. That much is obvious. They're all wee half chances.

First half we had 2 or 3 we really should have scored. Second half, little chances.

The kind of chances Celtic covert every time. That's what a player like Thumb offers, and we can't afford.

Shooter McGavin

First 15-20 mins we were in their faces and creating plenty chances, from then onwards we sat back and just allowed Ross County all the time they wanted. Pathetic.

The two where watt comes inside rather than hit them should have been goals!! The pace was on the cross for the first one, just connect and get it on target and I think he scores.

Trying to walk the feckin ball in!!!

All roads lead to Gorgie

When you have Watt drifting around the midfield and Sammon who has the positional sense of a lost satellite trying to get on the end of things it is little wonder we don't take chances.

Dagger Is Back

A newspaper article this week claimed we were making as many chances as Celtic. We are taking, I think, 1 in 11. Celtic are taking 1 in 3.

Figures might be a little out but I'm sure someone will find the article

When you have Watt drifting around the midfield and Sammon who has the positional sense of a lost satellite trying to get on the end of things it is little wonder we don't take chances.

I said that to my mate today, watt is dropping far too deep to try and make things happen.

He's trying to do what a good attacking midfielder would be doing!! A thing imo we have been crying out for the past few seasons.

Imagine how effective we could be of we had a good midfielder in that role and keep watt up top where we need him to do the business.

wattie exploited

I said that to my mate today, watt is dropping far too deep to try and make things happen.

He's trying to do what a good attacking midfielder would be doing!! A thing imo we have been crying out for the past few seasons.

Imagine how effective we could be of we had a good midfielder in that role and keep watt up top where we need him to do the business.

we dont have a creative attacking midfield player since Rudi .and Colin Cameron

The two where watt comes inside rather than hit them should have been goals!! The pace was on the cross for the first one, just connect and get it on target and I think he scores.

Trying to walk the feckin ball in!!!

While there is no denying Watt's talent, he is beginning to piss me off with the number of occasions he has the chance to shoot, but decides to try and beat another player, or lays it off to someone else.  He had two or three opportunities today when he could have had a crack at goal, but opted not to.

wattie exploited

While there is no denying Watt's talent, he is beginning to piss me off with the number of occasions he has the chance to shoot, but decides to try and beat another player, or lays it off to someone else.  He had two or three opportunities today when he could have had a crack at goal, but opted not to.

:spoton:

wattie exploited

if wee Robbo was playing he would have scored at least 3 goals today we need a striker who can put the ball in the net and that is a fact !!!!!!!!!!

All roads lead to Gorgie

You know something I might be tempted to play Watt as an attacking midfielder with a different combo upfront. Watt looks like he can twist and turn out of tight situations and play some neat through balls something an attacking midfielders needs in his locker. It might be in his contract to only play a striking role but the way he comes deep suggests otherwise.

Jambof3tornado

You know something I might be tempted to play Watt as an attacking midfielder with a different combo upfront. Watt looks like he can twist and turn out of tight situations and play some neat through balls something an attacking midfielders needs in his locker. It might be in his contract to only play a striking role but the way he comes deep suggests otherwise.

Watt as a no 10 would work.

Sometimes football is so simple.

In behind Sammon and Jonnson and drop either Kitchen, Cowie or Djoum....maybe

The Sammon and Sam chances today should have been taken. Yes, at an angle to the goal but Sammon's was straight at the keeper while Sam missed the target, albeit he hit the post/bar. County kept things tighter second half and played for the draw. Been saying for weeks we're a lethal striker and midfield playmaker short of being a really decent team.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Right now it would have to be Djoum although Cowie had a poor game today and he has to work hard again to justify a place as well.

Sammon isn't a finisher but works well for the team.

Watt isn't an out and out striker. It's clear as daylight he likes to get on the ball ASAP and make play.

Therefore we need a clever frontman who knows when to run into space , come short or ultimately know where the goal is.

Sammon isn't a finisher but works well for the team.

Watt isn't an out and out striker. It's clear as daylight he likes to get on the ball ASAP and make play.

Therefore we need a clever frontman who knows when to run into space , come short or ultimately know where the goal is.

We need another striker for sure. We're missing too many chances. If we had even one of Celtic's three we'd have won that game against St Johnstone and we'd have won today.

Sammon was meant to be the foil for Watt. He should be the one that drops deep and holds it up, knocking it back into midfield or wide to the wingers or wins the aerial battles, flick on's and so forth. Watt should be the guy that puts the ball in the net, gets one v one with defenders, in and around the 6 yard box looking for rebounds and getting on the end of crosses.

Instead they are feckin miles away from each other at times. They should be working as a duo.

If Watt see's himself as a 2nd striker, Bergkamp type than we need another strikee, simple as. Unless Johnsen comes good, of course. He looks a bit raw, doesn't seem to put himself about as well as he should for his physique. Looks a bit Paul McCallum, big softy, but we need to give him a bit of time to make a true judgement.

So unless either Watt or Sammon start banging the goals in then we're in for a pretty frustrating season.

We need another striker for sure. We're missing too many chances. If we had even one of Celtic's three we'd have won that game against St Johnstone and we'd have won today.

Sammon was meant to be the foil for Watt. He should be the one that drops deep and holds it up, knocking it back into midfield or wide to the wingers or wins the aerial battles, flick on's and so forth. Watt should be the guy that puts the ball in the net, gets one v one with defenders, in and around the 6 yard box looking for rebounds and getting on the end of crosses.

Instead they are feckin miles away from each other at times. They should be working as a duo.

If Watt see's himself as a 2nd striker, Bergkamp type than we need another strikee, simple as. Unless Johnsen comes good, of course. He looks a bit raw, doesn't seem to put himself about as well as he should for his physique. Looks a bit Paul McCallum, big softy, but we need to give him a bit of time to make a true judgement.

So unless either Watt or Sammon start banging the goals in then we're in for a pretty frustrating season.

just puting a name out there but Zeefuk would be ideal for Watt.

I know we won't sign him but it's just an observation.

Zee hugs the 18 yard box. Watt needs someone to hit and get the best from him. Zee would lay off or turn and pap it in the net.

Sounds easy, it's not, but going from what we've seen I think it'd be a marriage made in heaven.

just puting a name out there but Zeefuk would be ideal for Watt.

I know we won't sign him but it's just an observation.

Zee hugs the 18 yard box. Watt needs someone to hit and get the best from him. Zee would lay off or turn and pap it in the net.

Sounds easy, it's not, but going from what we've seen I think it'd be a marriage made in heaven.

Yep. He'd be perfect. Don't know why we never tried to sign him this season after he left the Turkish side. If we got the big man a bit fitter he'd be unstoppable. He generally doesn't miss many chances either.

wattie exploited

Yep. He'd be perfect. Don't know why we never tried to sign him this season after he left the Turkish side. If we got the big man a bit fitter he'd be unstoppable. He generally doesn't miss many chances either.

agree with you if Zeefuk was fitter he would be great to play up front with Watt ,Sammon  has had a good few chances of late but seems to panic 

August Landmesser

First 15-20 mins we were in their faces and creating plenty chances, from then onwards we sat back and just allowed Ross County all the time they wanted. Pathetic.

After Souttar went off injured and we were forced to change our team and approach.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

if wee Robbo was playing he would have scored at least 3 goals today we need a striker who can put the ball in the net and that is a fact !!!!!!!!!!

:spoton:

If we had Zeefuik he would be our top goalscorer. It's blatantly obvious what we need. Robbie identified it in our Championship season for when teams sit in yet he can't see it now. Strange

wattie exploited

Sammon always seems to panic when he has a good chance he needs to calm down a bit !!!!!!!!!!

wattie exploited

no chance of Kitchen being dropped !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

The amount of chances together with a huge amount of corners (inc set pieces) we are making and getting should see some return. It's not good enough to be honest. Watt is far too deep for me and Nicholson needs to hit the bye line more and whip it in. There seems to me no confidence from Sammon when he's in possession in front of goal but I wouldn't drop him as he does offer quite a bit in the games. What I would give for a John Robertson right now.

I was at Perth and that game and yesterday should of seen us with 6 points but we couldn't score in a brothel at the moment. A tough game on Friday night coming up and it's vital we get 3 points given today's win for the sheep. I'm not hopeful but hope I'm proved wrong

Watt is playing too deep and should be playing closer to Salmon in saying that if you let the other team play with the ball at the back like yesterday and your defence drops too far back that leaves a gaping hole in the middle of the park which unlike yesterday good teams will exploit I'm not criticising Neilson but I think he is more concerned with the other teams strengths and adjusts his team to nullify it maybe he should let other teams worry about Hearts I get the feeling teams are not afraid to play against Hearts at Tynecastle because I think they have become predictable in their build up

I feel we're missing someone who can score a goal out of nothing, or from outside the box, like a rudi skacel. Wee Sam can get himself into good positions at times but his finishing lets him down.

We're going to hammer someone again soon enough if we keep playing the way we're playing. Rangers hopefully!

Maybe but to do that he has to play a high tempo game and push onto their back four as they don't thump the ball up the park they try and play it out we have to nullify that something we gave Ross County yesterday space and time to play

wattie exploited

I think we need a penalty box player as none of our forwards are in the John Robertson mold ,perhaps Tony Watt but he plays quite deep !!!!!

I think we need a penalty box player as none of our forwards are in the John Robertson mold ,perhaps Tony Watt but he plays quite deep !!!!!

Agree, what happened to us signing a couple of players on a free after the window was closed?

how many chances do we need to score ? the last two weeks people are saying oh their goalie saved them "no " we missed great chanced to score !!!!! :rifle:  :rifle:

The opposition keepers have been the MOM in the last two games.

Watt is playing too deep and should be playing closer to Salmon in saying that if you let the other team play with the ball at the back like yesterday and your defence drops too far back that leaves a gaping hole in the middle of the park which unlike yesterday good teams will exploit I'm not criticising Neilson but I think he is more concerned with the other teams strengths and adjusts his team to nullify it maybe he should let other teams worry about Hearts I get the feeling teams are not afraid to play against Hearts at Tynecastle because I think they have become predictable in their build up

THIS!!   Yet again Sammon was left isolated on too many occasions.

The main thing letting us down is poor shots. We're creating plenty chances but seem to be seriously lacking in IQ when it comes to trying to finish them off. 2 or 3 good breaks in the first half came to nothing due to weak shots or a poor final pass but for me Nicholson should be scoring every time from his chance in the second half. Hard and low into the opposite corner but instead he just seemed to go for as much power as possible and missed at the near post.

Not sure if Walker had a similar chance today or if it was the St J game but I remember saying to my mate I didn't understand why he never hit daisy cutters.

We miss too many 1-on-1s, but the fact we're creating them is undoubtedly a positive and a definite improvement on last season.

Bazzas right boot

I watched Robbo about two months ago playing v mussleburgh, he ain't scoring 3 goals......

I don't believe the Ross county keeper was.

I don't remember him having very much to do barring a couple of shots straight down his throat!

Where is the evidence of this mom award?

Would love a Robbo type player but unfortunately they are incredibly rare for a team such as ourselves. Think Andy kirk is the closest we have come and had it not been for injuries he could have been a top player.

Sad to think we might never have a goalscorer like him ever again

wattie exploited

what they had 2 good saves the rest were easy for them even I could save the shots that the did !

Archived