James Bond

joseywales

55 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Surely James Bond should be good looking?

So, how the Hell did Daniel Craig ever get the gig?

Without being dashing or "traditionally attractive", Daniel Craig's a good-looking guy, half-rugged and half-sweet. I certainly wouldn't say no if I were that way inclined.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Natural Order

The next Bond will have to be a bursd or Meryl f*****g Streep will have a breakdown. Is that not how the world works now?

3 hours ago, The Brow said:

Folk are aware there is a source material for Bond aye? He's supposed to be a hard drinking, borderline-woman-hating-psycho. 

Roger Moore was bloody awful, all his films were more Carry On Bonding than anywhere near the books. 

Timothy Dalton was criminally underrated, his films are brilliant and he gave Bond the hard edge that the books had. 

Daniel Craig was doing well until that last effort, the comedy and Oii-Oii ness was back. It felt like comedy half the time, which I didnt like. 

Bond is a total *****. The films should reflect this. 

Im not bothered who the next bond is, as long as he looks and acts like a man. None of this posh english twee skinny lad pish.  

i think you need to look at each bonds films in isolation and not compare them. I enjoyed moores films but you knew there was a more comedic aspect to it.

I agree re Dalton, sadly the disputes the film studio had at the time robbed us of potentially very good bond films. I would say Dalton is my favourite bond

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, GBJambo said:

Cillian Murphy(peaky blinders) 

would make an excellent Bond.

Bookies have also slashed his odds. 

Was gonna say him. Ye he'd be alright

Jambo, Goodbye

Tom Hardy feels too recognizable now. I always hope they cast a lesser known actor who can grow into the role. 

But as long as he is British I'll be content. In fact, I'll go one further, in today's world, it may sound controversial to some, but Bond should be played by a white male as well. That's who Bond is. 

Idris Elba wouldn't be right for the role. 

Aidan Turner could be decent.

8 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Still say Idris Elba. 

I can see why folk are championing IE. He's a good actor and can obviously get very physical when required in his roles. He's also charming and lets be honest, the ladies like him however; I think the James Bond character is a white male. To change it now just doesn't feel right to me. There's also talk of a woman taking on the role. That's even worse IMO. 

Archived