• Created
  • Last Reply
Space Mackerel

Am no voting May [emoji12]

I ken what you're like after your Brexit decision [emoji23]

Rudolf's Mate

I ken what you're like after your Brexit decision [emoji23]

I'm no the only one among us that voted to leave [emoji12]

Anyway does Jezzbollah want independence?

AlimOzturk

I don't think Corbyn has ever supported any form of terrorism. Rather than going to war or killing innocent people he would rather talk to those in charge and responsible and find a peaceful way out.

Whether this form of politics solves the problems facing our country against terrorism works or not I don't no. But it is a admiral stance imo.

We have tried the blood and guts route. What harm could his approach bring?

Seymour M Hersh

This is the point, if they just came out and said that in hindsight they were wrong to support the IRA, they could quell a lot of the confusion qnd mistrust, I don't think they will though.

There's a reason for that. They haven't changed their support for various extremist groups not just the IRA (and all their various spin offs).

Space Mackerel

I'm no the only one among us that voted to leave [emoji12]

Anyway does Jezzbollah want independence?

He wanted a free Palestine and a United Ireland, it's a cast iron cert.

Rudolf's Mate

He wanted a free Palestine and a United Ireland, it's a cast iron cert.

Being serious. Is he on record as saying he wants this? I thought even labour were against us having independence.

Space Mackerel

Being serious. Is he on record as saying he wants this? I thought even labour were against us having independence.

He and Dugdale are at odds as per norm, left foot doesn't know what the right one is doing.

He is on record that some coalition is possible with the SNP if it's a hung parliament and hasn't ruled Indy 2 out.

Maroon Sailor

I don't think Corbyn has ever supported any form of terrorism. Rather than going to war or killing innocent people he would rather talk to those in charge and responsible and find a peaceful way out.

Whether this form of politics solves the problems facing our country against terrorism works or not I don't no. But it is a admiral stance imo.

We have tried the blood and guts route. What harm could his approach bring?

I don't think he has had anything to do with peace in Northern Ireland

What's this new line about Corbyn being part of the peace process in Ireland is that even remotely true? He's attended IRA funerals, visited Bobby Sands and been photographed with many other IRA members. I don't think that was part of the peace process? I'm happy to be corrected....where's Geoff when you need him!?

Rudolf's Mate

What's this new line about Corbyn being part of the peace process in Ireland is that even remotely true? He's attended IRA funerals, visited Bobby Sands and been photographed with many other IRA members. I don't think that was part of the peace process? I'm happy to be corrected....where's Geoff when you need him!?

I'd be ****** astounded if Jezza had been involved in any peace talks in either Ireland or Lebanon!

All that's says is he signed a motion condemning violence. I also condemn it but I wasn't part of the peace process? He's also denied meeting the IRA when he clearly has which again if this was a May lie we have out cry on here.

Space Mackerel

All that's says is he signed a motion condemning violence. I also condemn it but I wasn't part of the peace process? He's also denied meeting the IRA when he clearly has which again if this was a May lie we have out cry on here.

He met with democratically elected members of the UK Parliament.

I wouldnt expect you to know what I'm on about as I'm guessing you're a wee laddie.

Rudolf's Mate

He did and Abbott has confirmed as much. Let's face it we didn't need her to back this fact up anyway!

He's condemned violence but refused to condemn the IRA's actions until pushed on the matter.

He met with democratically elected members of the UK Parliament.

I wouldnt expect you to know what I'm on about as I'm guessing you're a wee laddie.

Aye I'm 12! These MP'S were members of the IRA right? Do you think that's ok?

maroonlegions

Right wing neo Cons on here getting very desperate and sad with trying to still link Corbun as a IRA supporter.

Vile.

How anyone can ever think or perceive that May is in any way a caring and kind individual who you could trust with the care and compassion of the old, sick, and most vulnerable in our society compared to Corbyn is mind-boggling. :laugh4:   

Surely must be on the wind up or just not nice people, birds of a feather flock together right enough

While laugh my ass off if Labour win this election..  :laugh4:

It was  Thatcher and the Tories who first held talks with the IRA, released MI5  files fecking prove it. :laugh4:

Corbyn met Gerry Adams when Adams entered the world of politics and became a MP. 

Corbyn has condemned the IRA on many occasions and terrorism in general any one who is try to paint him as pro IRA or a terrorist apologist is fecking at it.  :laugh4:

Space Mackerel

Aye I'm 12! These MP'S were members of the IRA right? Do you think that's ok?

I believe McGuiness started off in the IRA, Adams I'm not so sure about.

They were both elected democratically to Westminster though, they never took their seats as has every Sinn Fein MP.

Anyway, digging up dirt from 40 odd years ago isn't really relevant to this GE.

Bowmans_Boot

I am positive Jeremy Corbyn voted against the Anglo Irish Agreement.

Bowmans_Boot

They were both elected democratically to Westminster though, they never took their seats as has every Sinn Fein MP.

Really? 100% he was part of the IRA. 100%.

SwindonJambo

He did and Abbott has confirmed as much. Let's face it we didn't need her to back this fact up anyway!

He's condemned violence but refused to condemn the IRA's actions until pushed on the matter.

And even then he only condemned violence 'against civilians'. No mention of the security services. A shifty bugger, not to be trusted. Abbott's a liability - to herself and those around her. I absolutely shudder to imagine her as Home Secretary.

Space Mackerel

Really? 100% he was part of the IRA. 100%.

Thanks for letting me know. Not sure if he was convicted though was he?

Everyone knows that Sinn Fein are the political wing of the IRA. And let's not forget that there were 2 sides to this paramilitary war.

Right wing neo Cons on here getting very desperate and sad with trying to still link Corbun as a IRA supporter.

Vile.

How anyone can ever think or perceive that May is in any way a caring and kind individual who you could trust with the care and compassion of the old, sick, and most vulnerable in our society compared to Corbyn is mind-boggling. :laugh4:

Surely must be on the wind up or just not nice people, birds of a feather flock together right enough

While laugh my ass off if Labour win this election.. :laugh4:

It was Thatcher and the Tories who first held talks with the IRA, released MI5 files fecking prove it. :laugh4:

Corbyn met Gerry Adams when Adams entered the world of politics and became a MP.

Corbyn has condemned the IRA on many occasions and terrorism in general any one who is try to paint him as pro IRA or a terrorist apologist is fecking at it. :laugh4:

What just happened to Jeremy Corbyn would NEVER happen to Theresa May [VIDEO] | The Canary

Speechless.

THECANARY.CO

Behave yourself. He was asked the question to his face and he refused to answer it. Get off your paranoid bus with your right wing nonsense and see that for what it is. This guy is campaigning to become the next prime minister and refuses to answer that question what do think the general public are going to think.

If you took time to read back many have been saying he's actually been doing a decent job up until now. It's also nothing to do with a right wing agenda driven media. A terrorist atrocity has just taken place in Manchester the day campaigning starts Corbyn himself chose to speak about terrorism and it's links to the west...what did you think was going to fall out of that.

You batter on about May but it was a Labour government that kicked of the Iraq war which is now being attributed to much conflict in the region and across the world. So maybe just have a little bit of respect for people who'd like to know if the potential next PM has former links or even current links to terrorist and his actual views on previous atrocities. A feckin simple thing to ask I'd have thought.

So why we're you and others getting all excited when a tory MP was outed as having IRA links. Oh aye...it was a tory that's why!

AlimOzturk

People condemning Jeremy Corbyn for meeting with IRA leaders in an attempt to prevent further violence while Theresa May Sells arms to Saudi Arabia.

Why isn't more said about this?

Space Mackerel

So why we're you and others getting all excited when a tory MP was outed as having IRA links. Oh aye...it was a tory that's why!

Just keeping you mad Yoons in check with pointing out double standards.

Let's be honest, you're that young that the NI troubles passed you way by before you were born.

Bowmans_Boot

People condemning Jeremy Corbyn for meeting with IRA leaders in an attempt to prevent further violence while Theresa May Sells arms to Saudi Arabia.

Hmmm, I am not 100% certain that was his reason for meeting with IRA leaders. He was/is a strong supporter of a united Ireland and I think that had more to do with it. As I posted earlier, I am positive he voted against the Anglo Irish Agreement - why do that if he was simply wishing to end violence? 

I am in no way anti-Corbyn, by the way, and am very much anti-May/Tories. 

Just keeping you mad Yoons in check with pointing out double standards.

Let's be honest, you're that young that the NI troubles passed you way by before you were born.

What double standards, did anyone say it was ok...no didn't think so. Corbyn is also a 'Yoon' in case that passed you by on planet moon unit!

Space Mackerel

Not just Saudi Arabia

e1b7d88af28f402a3d995f7a9239a58d.jpg

Space Mackerel

What double standards, did anyone say it was ok...no didn't think so. Corbyn is also a 'Yoon' in case that passed you by on planet moon unit!

I'm not a JC voter. I'm just dispelling this right wing narrative that you've been fed.

I'm not a JC voter. I'm just dispelling this right wing narrative that you've been fed.

I've not been fed anything right wing. Being pro-union doesn't make you right wing. We also know your not a JC voter your just anti-tory with sprinkling of a Nicola love fetish thrown in.

John Findlay

Just a wee history lesson for some on here.

It was a Labour government that put British servicemen on the streets of Northern Ireland.

Space Mackerel

I've not been fed anything right wing. Being pro-union doesn't make you right wing. We also know your not a JC voter your just anti-tory with sprinkling of a Nicola love fetish thrown in.

I'm pro SNP, because I believe the economic and cultural arguments are that Scotland would be better off running its own affairs.

Hmmm, I am not 100% certain that was his reason for meeting with IRA leaders. He was/is a strong supporter of a united Ireland and I think that had more to do with it. As I posted earlier, I am positive he voted against the Anglo Irish Agreement - why do that if he was simply wishing to end violence? 

Perhaps he was trying to persuade them that a political campaign would be in the best interests of a united Ireland's than a bombing campaign?

Rudolf's Mate

I'm getting right ****ed off why we've gone through weeks, months of this and not one person has asked why Legions keeps posting in CAPITALS when quoting a site [emoji51]

Just a wee history lesson for some on here.

It was a Labour government that put British servicemen on the streets of Northern Irelaid.

sorry John, what point are you making?

Bowmans_Boot

Perhaps he was trying to persuade them that a political campaign would be in the best interests of a united Ireland's than a bombing campaign?

Yes, that is possible. This is one issue that he has to address and speak openly about, unlike Diane Abbott, who is making a complete mess of answering questions put to her and is damaging their campaign.

I'm pro SNP, because I believe the economic and cultural arguments are that Scotland would be better off running its own affairs.

Yet whenever you're questioned on it you cannot give a concise answer. You also didn't know the difference between debt and deficit so I'm not sure what you're basing your economic evaluation on. I've yet to hear one that stands up to any real scrutiny...remember all that oil we had during indyref1...opps that's gone. No trident there's 1000's of jobs gone and communities wiped out, there's the very real threat of large finance houses leaving and not to mention trade deals and Nicolas pie in the sky rejoining of the EU....so far the SNP in government have not improved or enhanced Scotland. They've been a divisive force and created and completely unstable environment. Shes also got a brass neck to ask for a seat at the Brexit table while calling an indyref based on Brexit she's a power hungry dictator who only wants one thing.

Boris that's fine if he was, he'd gain a lot of respect. So ffs..Just tell us that. For the many not few....well include us all and answer the frigging question and put this to bed. Especially when Diana Abbott is running round making noise!

Space Mackerel

Yet whenever you're questioned on it you cannot give a concise answer. You also didn't know the difference between debt and deficit so I'm not sure what you're basing your economic evaluation on. I've yet to hear one that stands up to any real scrutiny...remember all that oil we had during indyref1...opps that's gone. No trident there's 1000's of jobs gone and communities wiped out, there's the very real threat of large finance houses leaving and not to mention trade deals and Nicolas pie in the sky rejoining of the EU....so far the SNP in government have not improved or enhanced Scotland. They've been a divisive force and created and completely unstable environment. Shes also got a brass neck to ask for a seat at the Brexit table while calling an indyref based on Brexit she's a power hungry dictator who only wants one thing.

Aaaaaaaand.....relax.

Geoff Kilpatrick

His mate McDonnell voted against the Good Friday Agreement!

Corbyn and the loony left's support for the IRA was obvious. They were seen as a way of bringing down the British state.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Labour's sister party the SDLP were presenting such an argument without violence.

maroonlegions

Agree, Rayner gets it bang on, the Tories know they are in for a big fight in the next 9 days.

Who spoke to the IRA first??

Say Jeremy Corbyn had been the Home Secretary for six years, during which time he slashed some 20,000 police jobs taking us back to 1970s levels of per capita policing. 

Let's say he also slashed the UK Border Agency budget so that over a million people per month were coming and going through UK airports without being properly checked.

Let's say by virtue of an extremely self-serving EU referendum non-campaign he managed to get into 10 Downing Street, where he kept up his agenda of cutting the UK security services and border agency. 

Then there's a home-grown terrorist attack by a known Islamist fanatic in a city where Corbyn had cut the police budget by ?157 million.

Let's say Jeremy Corbyn "lost" files on an internal pedophile ring.

Let's say he wanted to take the homes from the elderly.

Let's say he cut 30% of your disabled benefit.

Let's say he signed an arms deal with the (ISIS-funding) Saudis worth millions.

Let's say he wanted to take away your child's free school meal.

Let's say he forced NHS staff to use food banks.

Let's say he made so many cuts to the NHS that people are suffering waiting for ambulances and A&E doctors.

Let's say he went against doctors, nurses, teachers, fire fighters, the armed forces... 

Let's say he took away funding for University for upcoming doctors and nurses.

Let's say after all these cuts there's still a deficit and he'd missed every target he'd set himself for reducing it.

What would you have to say about Jeremy Corbyn under these circumstances?

And why are they not saying those things about Theresa May and the Tories right now?

Lets fecking say indeed eh, who is fooling  and kidding the voters here and who is wilfully UNTRUSTWORTHY with the security and social welfare for the less well off the old , sick and the vulnerable within our society??

Lets say he is  a nasty dangerous radical leftie, because he cares.

An apparent concerted effort to link Jeremy Corbyn to the IRA is a ?dead cat? that shows the Conservative Party are worried, the Shadow Education Secretary has said. The weekend saw Conservative figures step up criticisms of the Labour leader, accusing him of ?siding with Britain?s? enemies as Mr Co...
INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Maroon Sailor

Thanks for letting me know. Not sure if he was convicted though was he?

Everyone knows that Sinn Fein are the political wing of the IRA. And let's not forget that there were 2 sides to this paramilitary war.

Still don't know who ordered the murder of Jean McConville

Adams is like teflon

If he was involved bet your bottom dollar Corbyn knows

Labour's sister party the SDLP were presenting such an argument without violence.

Indeed, but speaking to those who were committing violence about stopping it and instead start a political process seems logical?

What do you mean? A win for me.

Sturgeon wants a vote before a deal is done. Corbyn wants one after. So you aren't getting it on the preferred timing of the SNP but as when a Labour government would want. The proposed discussions would occur after Brexit and a vote possibly after 2021 and the next Holyrood vote. So I fail to see how this is a win for the Yes side.

Archived