Brexit?

aussieh

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Message to the oil industry. Your contracts are with the UK government not an independent Scotland.

You'll just have to lump it, fellow Brit.

Detention centres being built for non-EU nationalities and no voting scits on Indy day.

Cannae huv any auld folk coming here.

Voted out :facepalm:

No say on the same terms as before :rofl:

So you voted out without knowing what the terms of it would be and are now annoyed you still don't know...

... Aye ok. I'll bite, did you honestly think folk wanting out thought they knew what they could or couldn't do?

So you voted out without knowing what the terms of it would be and are now annoyed you still don't know...

... Aye ok. I'll bite, did you honestly think folk wanting out thought they knew what they could or couldn't do?

I voted remain.

They voted out as in out, not in with less money and influence, a bit luke Scotland in the Uk.

Probably one of them foreign hamsters anyway.

I didn't like my hamster. I voted for Brexit so it would kill it.

Credit to the Japanese government for atleast being honest and open rather than burying the report like our own government have so far.

USA have explicitly told us that we're at the back of the queue for trade deals.

Japan have sent a 15 page document saying the same thing and also warning that they may pull their car factories out of the UK.

And so it begins.

USA have explicitly told us that we're at the back of the queue for trade deals.

Japan have sent a 15 page document saying the same thing and also warning that they may pull their car factories out of the UK.

And so it begins.

Source of USA explicitly telling us please.

And so it begins.

It isn't actually limited to car factories, it's Japanese companies in general I know of one first hand.

I am proud to have voted to get out unfortuntely the snp will use this to get independence. But it is about time we take control of our borders in the process stop eastern European's abusing the system. The eu is a thing of the past my point it is the time for us the people of Britain to govern ourselves not have a bunch of pen pushers to do it for us.

I am proud to have voted to get out unfortuntely the snp will use this to get independence. But it is about time we take control of our borders in the process stop eastern European's abusing the system. The eu is a thing of the past my point it is the time for us the people of Britain to govern ourselves not have a bunch of pen pushers to do it for us.

Only Eastern Europeans abuse the system?

Credit to the Japanese government for atleast being honest and open rather than burying the report like our own government have so far.

Which report?

Only Eastern Europeans abuse the system?

My point is until we are out of Europe we can't control who comes in and who doesn't at the moment they are in the eu along with us so we can't stop them coming.

you voted out of GB on the white paper

Didn't read it.

I have no plans to vote SNP at Scotland first General Election.

I voted remain in hope of an indyref2.

People voted out of the EU, OUT, not half in/out. It shouldn't take long to withdraw.

Exactly, the UK is a thing of the past. We should take control of our border and stop England abusing our country/people/assets.

Pen pushers? Like the Civil Service?

We do that already, within the constitutional limitations placed upon us.

Exactly, the UK is a thing of the past. We should take control of our border and stop England abusing our country/people/assets.

But happy to have the EU controlling our borders and laws and abusing our country/people/assets?

Seymour M Hersh

And so it begins.

You mean the soon to be ex president? The really crap one who will leave his country in a ****ing shambles? That USA?

Didn't read it.

I have no plans to vote SNP at Scotland first General Election.

I voted remain in hope of an indyref2.

People voted out of the EU, OUT, not half in/out. It shouldn't take long to withdraw.

so as suspected you didn't read the conditions you were voting for you just donned your see you jimmy hat and voted independence, and now you have the stupidity to dig up the conditions of brexit and point this out to everyone

Seymour M Hersh

Source of USA explicitly telling us please.

The lame duck who is currently in the White House (oh how that name must grind his gears). As for the House of Representatives and the Senate they'll fine doing business with the UK.  After all they've just signed one with Oman. 

You mean the soon to be ex president? The really crap one who will leave his country in a ******* shambles? That USA?

That will be the same president who told us not to vote for independence as well?

Obama is piissed off that the UK will not be joining TTIP and allowing the USA to open up the NHS to their companies.

That will be the same president who told us not to vote for independence as well?

Obama is piissed off that the UK will not be joining TTIP and allowing the USA to open up the NHS to their companies.

Surely he has a greater chance of achieving that with a Brexited UK, than an EU bound UK, given the French want to veto TTIP?

It's simply that the US does more trade with the EU and with SE Asia so they have a higher priority.

Surely he has a greater chance of achieving that with a Brexited UK, than an EU bound UK, given the French want to veto TTIP?

It's simply that the US does more trade with the EU and with SE Asia so they have a higher priority.

Didn't know about the French position on TTIP.  I hope that our government stands up against it or the NHS is screwed.  However, looking at the junior doctor's position with Jeremy Hunt, I think the NHS could be heading for trouble anyway.

so as suspected you didn't read the conditions you were voting for you just donned your see you jimmy hat and voted independence, and now you have the stupidity to dig up the conditions of brexit and point this out to everyone

Many of us voted for Brexit without a care for the economic fallout, maybe he was the same in the indy ref.

Many of us voted for Brexit without a care for the economic fallout, maybe he was the same in the indy ref.

Those that voted on immigration issues wont be particularly enthused by the PM's statement today.

Those that voted on immigration issues wont be particularly enthused by the PM's statement today.

I've not seen my MP's statement yet but immigration was a silly basis for anyone's vote anyway.

loveofthegame

I've not seen my MP's statement yet but immigration was a silly basis for anyone's vote anyway.

Yet was probably the single biggest reason for so many voting for Brexit...

Yet was probably the single biggest reason for so many voting for Brexit...

It may well have been. I don't really give a toss about other people's reasons for voting one way or the other to be honest.

kingantti1874

Abusing? I'd like to hear an explanation for that..

We are currently running the biggest deficit in Europe, worse than Greece by quite some distance without the penalties imposed by Brussels.

The uncomfortable truth is that Scottish Independence with entry to Europe means huge tax hikes, unimaginable levels of austerity and no doubt unchecked immigration to solve the German made immigration crisis which is working out so well for the rest of Europe. Still putting up blockers to trade with the rest of the UK (70%) to resolve the wailing over blockers to trade with Europe (30%) will help that situation won't it

I can only deduce that anyone who still thinks indy is an option is either criminally stupid or smoking crack.

My point is until we are out of Europe we can't control who comes in and who doesn't at the moment they are in the eu along with us so we can't stop them coming.

I would want to get rid of a lot of British people. Does it work that way too?

Abusing? I'd like to hear an explanation for that..

We are currently running the biggest deficit in Europe, worse than Greece by quite some distance without the penalties imposed by Brussels.

The uncomfortable truth is that Scottish Independence with entry to Europe means huge tax hikes, unimaginable levels of austerity and no doubt unchecked immigration to solve the German made immigration crisis which is working out so well for the rest of Europe. Still putting up blockers to trade with the rest of the UK (70%) to resolve the wailing over blockers to trade with Europe (30%) will help that situation won't it

I can only deduce that anyone who still thinks indy is an option is either criminally stupid or smoking crack.

Scotland isn't an independent country yet and so does not run a deficit. I can only deduce etc,,,

Scotland isn't an independent country yet and so does not run a deficit. I can only deduce etc,,,

Scotland spends more than it brings in.

I would want to get rid of a lot of British people. Does it work that way too?

I have to wait 3 weeks for a doctor's appointment with a doctor also I know people that have been moved out of their doctor's surgeries because of overcrowding. I do think the services that we need are being stretched and it cannot continue. But maybe you don't agree with me on this but british people must come first besides with millions of people on the dole and young people can't get work now is the time to say enough is enough.

Scotland isn't an independent country yet and so does not run a deficit. I can only deduce etc,,,

I'm not sure if your trolling or just thick? Check the GERS figures published last week and explain how we're not running a deficit.

I have to wait 3 weeks for a doctor's appointment with a doctor also I know people that have been moved out of their doctor's surgeries because of overcrowding. I do think the services that we need are being stretched and it cannot continue. But maybe you don't agree with me on this but british people must come first besides with millions of people on the dole and young people can't get work now is the time to say enough is enough.

Are the strains you mention really down to immigration? Or years, decades even, of underfunding by government?

It is the starting point for an independent Scotland though isn't it? We currently spend ?15bn more than we raise in taxes. Yes, every country has a deficit but no country is overspending as much as we are.

Scotland could change lots of things about including taxing more or spending less to try and change our current income/spending ratio. 

What would you suggest Indy-Scotland do to reduce this deficit once we have our hands on all these elusive levers. 

Cutting Trident will save a paltry amount of approx ?200m a year (white paper claimed ?500m). 

What else? 

Walter Payton

Are the strains you mention really down to immigration? Or years, decades even, of underfunding by government?

I can count on one hand the number of times I've visited my GP in almost 20 years so I acknowledge this this is a really small sample size, but even though the practice serves an area that probably has one of the higher rates of immigration in Edinburgh (Sighthill/ Wester Hailes) I've never actually seen anybody at the practice who I'd suspect was an immigrant- all local accents.

It would be interesting to see actual statistics regarding a breakdown of ethnic heritage/tax funds received/time or money spent for those using GP or rest of NHS services.

Millions of people on the dole? Less than 800,000 out of 60,000,000+ are on jobseekers.

Services are stretched because of lack of government funding.

kingantti1874

It is the starting point for an independent Scotland though isn't it? We currently spend ?15bn more than we raise in taxes. Yes, every country has a deficit but no country is overspending as much as we are.

Scotland could change lots of things about including taxing more or spending less to try and change our current income/spending ratio.

What would you suggest Indy-Scotland do to reduce this deficit once we have our hands on all these elusive levers.

Cutting Trident will save a paltry amount of approx ?200m a year (white paper claimed ?500m).

What else?

Health service

Education

Benefits

Armed services..

Pensions

Combined with some meaty tax hikes for those who remain we should just about break even..

The first cuts will be the populist SNP policies designed to buy the votes of the stupid.

Archived