Tony Andreu

That-Day-In-May

That-Day-In-May

BBC Scottish Gossip saying that he could be set for a move away from Norwich back up to Scotland with Dundee United, Ross County and Hamilton interested. Would anyone take him? If Buaben leaves could potentially be a decent signing. No link in this by the way, just wondering what opinions are!

ooh-aah-cantona

His missus is John Collins daughter. Reckon he's Scotland bound if Norwich pay a large portion of his wages.

I'd take him if he was offered.

Henry's perm

Thought the same myself. Can he play on the left? Already popular with that goal at Easter road to take it to pens

Clerry Jambo
Could Andreu return to Scotland?
5745a0ed-82bb-471a-866d-aa3fc76e2883.jpg

Brian McLauchlin

BBC Sport Scotland

Posted at 15:44

Former Livingston and Hamilton Accies midfielder Tony Andreu could be set for a move away from Norwich City. 

A number of Scottish clubs including Ross County, Dundee United and his former club Hamilton Accies are expressing an interest in the 28-year-old. 

Andreu joined Norwich for a fee in the region of ?1 million in February 2015.

That-Day-In-May

The middle of the park for us is brilliant just now with Djoum, Kitchen and Cowie all playing well. It becomes a bit light if Buaben leaves though, Andreu scored 25 goals in 50 odd appearances for Hamilton and would probably only be on loan. Would love to see him here, especially over Buaben!

Prince Buaben

Think it could be a good signing if we can move Buaben on. Cant see it happening though. As said in Deadline day thread will end up at Accies or Ross COunty.

I would like to see gms or kris commons at hearts it looks like buaban will stay.

Commons? All to their own. I'd take Christie or Armstrong from Celtic. Add a bit of flair and add to the Scottish youth to team.

Andreu could've interesting one.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Brian has the finger on our pulse, not on the radar it would seem for Hearts. Don't really remember him being honest, but must have something

I would like to see gms or kris commons at hearts it looks like buaban will stay.

GMS knocked back a loan move to Dundee Utd.

Clerry Jambo

Commons? All to their own. I'd take Christie or Armstrong from Celtic. Add a bit of flair and add to the Scottish youth to team.

Kris Commons to Hibs by midnight. Player-coach, 99% done. Waiting on Charlie Adam deal going through.

Fraser, Cupar.

I'd imagine if Hearts were interested he'd prefer us over the other teams.  Would good for him to go to United and help them beat Hibs to promotion.

I agree I would rather have either Armstrong or Christie but they are currently playing for celtic and are unavailable whether commons and gms are up for grabs.

GMS knocked back a loan move to Dundee Utd.

I think gms would jump at the chance at playing for hearts infront of big crowds and ambition to get second. I have said it before hibs will win the championship and Dundee united at best could achieve 2nd but with the way the play offs they are stacked in the premier league teams favour.

...scored a 55 min hat trick last night for Norwich u23s in a 6-1 away win against Peterborough in the Checktrade Really Diddy Cup

I think gms would jump at the chance at playing for hearts infront of big crowds and ambition to get second. I have said it before hibs will win the championship and Dundee united at best could achieve 2nd but with the way the play offs they are stacked in the premier league teams favour.

Unless it's Hibs...

I'd say Andreu is more of a goalscoring number 10 than a creative midfielder. We play 4-4-2 and we've already got a similar player in Walker who we're struggling to fit in because of that so I can see why we weren't after him. If I could sign two players in midfield it'd be an out-and-out winger and a creative central player.

Confirmed?? Since it probably would be a loan we can get him after the window shuts.

Cross-border loans can only be done within the window.

Holyrood_Hearts

I'd definitely take him. Offers something different to Cowie, Djoum & Perry. Scored goals at this level too

That-Day-In-May

Slightly disappointed we didn't get this one in, even with Buaben we're a bit short in the middle of the park. Injuries will happen this year and we've luckily not had any yet. Maybe we're in for more then a left sided midfielder after the window shuts.

Alex Neill hates the Hibs

McKinnon probably does too. Hopefully Sauzee rocks up at one of their lower league rivals as boss too, because nobody hates them as much as he does.

...a bit disco

McKinnon probably does too. Hopefully Sauzee rocks up at one of their lower league rivals as boss too, because nobody hates them as much as he does.

Smashing.

:thumbsup:

That's a very good signing for Dundee Utd. Probably would have made a great signing for at least 8 out 12 Premier League clubs.

Last year he was a ?1million player and this year he's in the scottish championship....what a strange move for the guy.

Has the profile of the Scottish Championship been raised by the teams playing in it in recent years

More attractive to players

Still seems a bit strange. John McGinn at Hibs for another example.

Has the profile of the Scottish Championship been raised by the teams playing in it in recent years

More attractive to players

Still seems a bit strange. John McGinn at Hibs for another example.

Possibly. 

He'd mabye rather be challenging at the top of a league with Utd rather than scramble about mid to bottom SPL  for the same money.

With potential bonuses etc he'll more than likely earn more tbh.

Last year he was a ?1million player and this year he's in the scottish championship....what a strange move for the guy.

Wasn't there a lot of talk at the time that Alex Neil was just doing Hamilton a favour? ie paying a bit more than market rate.

Wasn't there a lot of talk at the time that Alex Neil was just doing Hamilton a favour? ie paying a bit more than market rate.

Well he isn't a ?1million player....so he did pay more than necessary imo.

Archived