Selling to other spfl teams

macker1874

I have never got why we sell to other spfl teams on most occasions it comes back and bites us. I know it's a quick easy sell gets rid of a wage but they are rival clubs fair enough prince was good when he was good and Juanma still needs to find his feet in the Scottish game but selling or loaning first team players out should be a no In my opinion.

We_are_the_Hearts

I have never got why we sell to other spfl teams on most occasions it comes back and bites us. I know it's a quick easy sell gets rid of a wage but they are rival clubs fair enough prince was good when he was good and Juanma still needs to find his feet in the Scottish game but selling or loaning first team players out should be a no In my opinion.

EH? Can't think of once it has came back to bite us?

Dalstonjambo

When has it come back to bite us?

The Treasurer

When has it come back to bite us?

I suppose you could argue that Swanson, by scoring 2 goals in the LC tie "came back to bite us", but overall he's not exactly been missed.

If a player goes to a club in the same league there's always a chance of them doing that, but if they've not been in your team or you've replaced them with better then it's no big deal

Who was the last player we sold to another SPL team? After we've released a player we have no influence on who he signs for next.

Bazzas right boot

Loaning shouldn't come back to bite us, the players can't play against us, but they can cause damage to Hearts rivals, win- win for us.

Don't think it's a big concern, Wallace is the only one who I can think off, even then he wanted to go and his contract was running down.

Andy Watson scored the winner for the vermin to end our 18 in a row (I think).

Andy Watson scored the winner for the vermin to end our 18 in a row (I think).

I'm pretty sure that was Eddie May.

Recently Cummings and Swanson although these maybe weren't "selling"

I have always found it weird that our best players have always went to rangers yet celtic very rarely sign hearts players directly.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I have always found it weird that our best players have always went to rangers yet celtic very rarely sign hearts players directly.

Got me thinking. Last 30-odd years:

Rangers:

McPherson

McLaren

McCann

Wallace

Celtic:

McKinlay

Hartley

Anyone else?

Rangers:

McPherson

McLaren

McCann

Wallace

Black

Templeton

Wilson

Big Zal

Webster

Ritchie

Johnston

Velicka

Kyle

Celtic:

McKinlay

Hartley

Gordon

Pressley

Anyone else?

Not always direct from Hearts, but they got over there after being with us.

Rangers:

McPherson

McLaren

McCann

Wallace

Celtic:

McKinlay

Hartley

Anyone else?

Black, Temps, Wilson, Weir, Velicka?, Holt, Ritchie? My memory is pretty rubbish, confirmed by trying to remember this stuff. Can't think of anymore going to Celtic.

Can't comment on the old days but in recent times at least we have the pleasure of knowing that most of the players who went to Celtic or sevco after us were poor signings in the end and we got the best out of them when they were with us.

Black, Temps, Wilson, Weir, Velicka?, Holt, Ritchie? My memory is pretty rubbish, confirmed by trying to remember this stuff. Can't think of anymore going to Celtic.

Black went there as a free agent I think.

Weir went to Everton and was there for years before Rangers.

Velicka was signed by former Rangers player Egil Ostenstadt (Viking Stavanger?) and immediately sent to Rangers.

Ritchie was tapped up by Rangers but then they went cold on him. Derby via Man City, I think? Never made an appearance for Rangers.

Then of course you have the Hibs:

The entire 1888 team complete with strips

Three quarters of their fans

Stein

Stanton

McGinlay

Collins

Jackson

Laurson

Agathe

Brown

Riordan

Killen

Stokes

Durie

Goram

Murray

Miller

Whittaker

Thomson

Off the top of my head.

Black went there as a free agent I think.

Weir went to Everton and was there for years before Rangers.

Velicka was signed by former Rangers player Egil Ostenstadt (Viking Stavanger?) and immediately sent to Rangers.

Ritchie was tapped up by Rangers but then they went cold on him. Derby via Man City, I think? Never made an appearance for Rangers.

bloody hell my memory is even worse than 1st feared, need to lay off the weed I think. Cheers though for correcting me bud [emoji1303].

bloody hell my memory is even worse than 1st feared, need to lay off the weed I think. Cheers though for correcting me bud [emoji1303].

Some of my post might need fact checked, but I think that's how it went. :thumbsup:

Rangers:

McPherson

McLaren

McCann

Wallace

Celtic:

McKinlay

Hartley

Anyone else?

Mike Galloway to Celtic?

We_are_the_Hearts

Mike Galloway to Celtic?

Galloway is correct.

Coming the other way we have had Colquhoun, Mahe, McPherson, Derek Ferguson, Niemi, Sandy Jardine, Alex MacDonald, Willie Johnston...................so done not too shabby!

Was it not Wallace?

Wallace in the 60s. Lynch in the 70s. Lynch scored the winner from the penalty spot in a cup final against Rangers.

Rangers:

McPherson

McLaren

McCann

Wallace

Celtic:

McKinlay

Hartley

Anyone else?

For Rangers

Paul Ritchie

Alan Johnson

Andrius Velicka

For Celtic

Steven Pressley

Willie Wallace

Mike Galloway

We_are_the_Hearts

For Rangers

Paul Ritchie

Alan Johnson

Andrius Velicka

For Celtic

Steven Pressley

Willie Wallace

Mike Galloway

Velicka and Johnson never went from hearts straight to Rangers though

I just noticed that you said the last 30 years I am hard pushed to remember hearts players that have went from hearts to celtic.

I just noticed that you said the last 30 years I am hard pushed to remember hearts players that have went from hearts to celtic.

Tosh McKinley was a sore one!

For Rangers

Paul Ritchie

Alan Johnson

Andrius Velicka

For Celtic

Steven Pressley

Willie Wallace

Mike Galloway

Celtic gave us ?500,000 for Mikey Galloway! 

:qqb006:

We_are_the_Hearts

Celtic gave us ?500,000 for Mikey Galloway! 

:qqb006:

We defo got the best out of him as he was brilliant as we marched to the UEFA Cup Quarter final. Was pish for them. Sure he got sent off against us at Parkhead? Right in front of the 5000 or so Jambos?

Then of course you have the Hibs:

The entire 1888 team complete with strips

Three quarters of their fans

Stein

Stanton

McGinlay

Collins

Jackson

Laurson

Agathe

Brown

Riordan

Killen

Stokes

Rough  :uhoh2:

Durie

Goram

Murray

Miller

Whittaker

Thomson

Off the top of my head.

And Gary Caldwell.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Forgot about Galloway. Yeah, I was talking about direct transfers, not players who went to OF later.

Forgot about Caldwell, good shout. Also, Latapy to the Hun?

Yep.

Latapy......some player for Hibs but never did it for Rangers, I recall seeing him in town with Dwight Yorke.....somewhere right schemey like Edwards I think it was....anyway....that night out cost him place in a cup final a couple of weeks later.

Idiot.

Also...

You missed Alan Rough to Celtic.

Archived