Celtic & Sevco bid to join English league. Again. (merged)

Stuart Lyon

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is like the dream I keep having.

The SFA go bust and the Scottish city teams are invited to join the FA and placed using coefficients.

Oh yeh,and National side along with the Tartan Army GTF.

Celtic are virtually guaranteed Champs League every year. Would they give that up for 5 years?

For the ?100 million they get just for getting into the EPL

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

If they do that, then they should never be allowed back in a Scottish league because they'll struggle down there as time goes on and Celtic will get less money than they do right now from CL efforts.

Celtic are virtually guaranteed Champs League every year. Would they give that up for 5 years? 

5 years ?

Celtic will never play CL football again if they moved to England. I can't see them going.....unfortunately.

If this ever happened it would have a massively negative impact on us in the long term.

Remnants of Standards

This is like the dream I keep having.

The SFA go bust and the Scottish city teams are invited to join the FA and placed using coefficients.

Oh yeh,and National side along with the Tartan Army GTF.

Sounds more like a nightmare.

scott herbertson

If this ever happened it would have a massively negative impact on us in the long term.

You're probably right though if Scotland kept a champions league place it would be interesting to see if we could progress

I bet the SFA would grovel to keep them in the cups etc

You're probably right though if Scotland kept a champions league place it would be interesting to see if we could progress

GFA would take away the CL spot for the league and move it to the cup so OF still get a chance

And reserves teams too.....

Allowed to play in our top league.

Maybe even voted straight in to it.

'Grovel' wouldn't cover the degree of self-abasement. They would beg for them to leave reserve sides playing in the SPL (a situation that would have to be avoided at all costs).

It will never happen though.

kila, on 29 Aug 2016 - 08:45 AM, said:

GFA would take away the CL spot for the league and move it to the cup so OF still get a chance

yep and would there be any interest in tv companies for Scottish games? and those other clubs who seem to depend on mhanks and sevco supporters.what would happen to them?

Won't happen. England won't want their vile, bigoted and sectarian fans associated with their game.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If the OF did leave then that would be that.

No reserve sides in the SPFL, no entry to the Scottish Cup.

We would simply need to cut our cloth accordingly.  If Sky didn't want to show us, then hell mend them.

As soon as they got to the second tier, all the supporter, media and TV interest would disappear from what remained of Scottish football. The only way this would ever be a good thing would be if they had to relocate out of Scotland.

Finlay James

English clubs will vote no and rightly so as they wont want the baggage that comes with the Glasgow clubs.

Hearts on the other hand are a more attractive option; large support, Edinburgh is the capital city, more growth potential. If we were to show any interest in such a move I think we would be welcomed with open arms.

I'd love it just for the seethe.

yep and would there be any interest in tv companies for Scottish games? and those other clubs who seem to depend on mhanks and sevco supporters.what would happen to them?

I'd imagine there'd be less TV money until attendances went up. But that increase might happen anyway in a more competitive league.

Zero interest from TV and generations of Scottish kids lost to the OF. We would never be able to compete with them for young Scottish talent either. This move would wipe out Scottish football outside of two teams.

kila, on 29 Aug 2016 - 08:53 AM, said:

I'd imagine there'd be less TV money until attendances went up. But that increase might happen anyway in a more competitive league.

It might but as for clubs like Hamilton and Inverness etc I don't see it, that's if they are still in the top flight

We_are_the_Hearts

Zero interest from TV and generations of Scottish kids lost to the OF. We would never be able to compete with them for young Scottish talent either. This move would wipe out Scottish football outside of two teams.

The best kids go to Celtic just now anyway so wouldn't make much difference on that front. Only so many kids they can have in their system. It would be intersting but if they were allowed B teams here then I would probably just start following Junior football

Attendances would drop rather than go up. Future generations of kids would flock to see Scottish teams playing regularly at a higher level.

Can we call it Armageddon II?

We_are_the_Hearts

Attendances would drop rather than go up. Future generations of kids would flock to see Scottish teams playing regularly at a higher level.

Celtic are winning the lEague every year and now playing at a higher level in the Champions League. Yet I still see loads of kids who bleed maroon

Think the only way they would move to England is if they were invited straight into the top league or the Championship and that aint gonna happen and who is to say they would win promotion year after year they may get stuck in the championship and I doubt they have full houses starting in a 5th div

The best kids go to Celtic just now anyway so wouldn't make much difference on that front. Only so many kids they can have in their system. It would be intersting but if they were allowed B teams here then I would probably just start following Junior football

It would get a lot worse. We would see a drop in income and not be able to attract the quality of player we do just now. Crowds would suffer and the game would go terminal. I don't want to join the EFL but if Rangers and Crltic did, it would become our only chance of remaining at a decent level.

For 20+ years we have had these two hold our game back, blame us for its regression and secretly in the back ground trying anything to get out our league. A governing body with any sort of balls or back bone would charge them for bringing the game into disrepute. If it continues, kick them out the federation and cancel their licenses to perform and play in Europe. Let them rot in limbo. Make no mistake about it, the EPL doesn't want not need the old firm.

Be good if they went then the English game had a financial collapse.

You can only dream....

This would be acceptable.

We_are_the_Hearts

It would get a lot worse. We would see a drop in income and not be able to attract the quality of player we do just now. Crowds would suffer and the game would go terminal. I don't want to join the EFL but if Rangers and Crltic did, it would become our only chance of remaining at a decent level.

Why would our income drop? We get a pittance for TV money just now, if we then moved to Summer footy we could get the same deal. Why would crowds siffer, the Championship season showed if we are challenging for silverware there is a big fan base there. We are still selling out. 

Most teams in Scotland would end up having to go part time such is the lack of money that would be in it if the OF ****ed off.

I love how the English teams think they can arbitrarily decide which Scottish teams to invite, it won't happen but if it did it would get bogged down in years of legal challenges.

Why would our income drop? We get a pittance for TV money just now, if we then moved to Summer footy we could get the same deal. Why would crowds siffer, the Championship season showed if we are challenging for silverware there is a big fan base there. We are still selling out.

Because Scottish kids are already more interested in English football. If there were two Scottish clubs down there then they would opt to follow them instead. TV income may be a comparative pittance but if it went it would mean even less to spend on wages. Advertising and sponsorship would follow the Old Firm south and within a few seasons the game up here would be potless.

Go

My only worry is they would want to play reserve teams in Scotland but maybe wouldn't be able to.

But go, as soon as possible.

ToadKiller Dog

I say let them go , but with conditions ,

Go means go never to comeback ,no shadow teams left behind .

Payments from them to off set amount for next 10 years as an adjustment fee to the Scottish game .

They can no longer represent Scotland in Europe at any level .

Would mean a big cut in sponsor money ,prize money etc .

The clubs that depend on selling half the stadium to them will lose out .

Some top end clubs will go bust I would imagine ,kilmarnock ,Motherwell .

The game would in time sort itself out , I would expect Hearts ,Hibs ,Aberdeen possibility that the Dundee and Perth clubs would be OK ,highland clubs don't know .the decent championship clubs could take a step up ,over 1000 rovers fans at Dundee united on Saturday .

Quality of imported players would drop , but we are setting up a good youth system so that would be the way forward .

Other countries manage with less resources .Europe would still be a struggle but that's the case with the Ugly sisters .

I have no fears for Hearts survival without them we would long term be OK .

The game would evolve and in time grow and hearts would do OK

We_are_the_Hearts

Because Scottish kids are already more interested in English football. If there were two Scottish clubs down there then they would opt to follow them instead. TV income may be a comparative pittance but if it went it would mean even less to spend on wages. Advertising and sponsorship would follow the Old Firm south and within a few seasons the game up here would be potless.

All sounds a bit Neil Dungcaster to me. It's all hypothetical but I disagree. The same was said when the Huns died and the new club had to start again.

Based on the ugly sisters departure ; ourselves, Aberdeen , St Johnstone , Motherwell and dare I mention Hibs & Dundee Utd , Would ensure a competitive league.

Full houses for Us still but would the Likes of Sky. BT want to show games,? Would BBC still fawn over the OF?

Would the red tops give coverage to Scottish football ?

I think teams would / could invest as there chances of success are greater, leading to bums on seats.

Unfortunately ( luckily) they haven't a hope in hell of getting voted in. Not just for reasons of sectarianism, vandalism and bile but also self preservation by the voters!

I'd love to see the viewing figures for this Saturday when the old firm derby goes up against the Manchester derby. I'll guarantee the Manc derby world wide draws 10 times at least more viewers than the self proclaimed greatest derby in the world.

The English don't give two shits about them and their global draw is nowhere near the teams in the EPL. With a minimum of 4 years without real cash they'd be so far behind the championship teams never mind the epl teams they'd be completely irrelevant.

as for this Atlantic league they can stick that where the sun don't shine!

All sounds a bit Neil Dungcaster to me. It's all hypothetical but I disagree. The same was said when the Huns died and the new club had to start again.

Never been compared to Neil Doncaster before. :lol:

UEFA will not sanction it. They have said so numerous times.

It will never happen it's just more sabre rattling from the bigot brothers.

If it ever was to happen then Scottish clubs only have themselves to blame for allowing the farce in the first place, too many wee teams licking the arses of the OF with their hands out like the scene from Oliver "Please sir can I have some more?"

The nail could have been firmly hammered into sevco 4 years ago but our chicken shit clubs backed down. No one to blame but ourselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let them go, long term i see this as a good thing for Scottish football, i've heard the armageddon shout already and it didnt happen.

I also dont think some teams going part time would be a bad thing it would overhaul the league structure.

There would still be a TV deal and we would still get the CL place(whether we hold onto it is another question)

Oh and we get a more competitive league and they rancid f^{*{} disgrace themselves elsewhere.

Win win

Buffalo Bill

Think the only way they would move to England is if they were invited straight into the top league or the Championship and that aint gonna happen and who is to say they would win promotion year after year they may get stuck in the championship and I doubt they have full houses starting in a 5th div

I think Ranger and Celtic fans would settle for the 5th tier if it got them a foothold into England. For a start, they would be going head to head with each other to win the league and the lure of the Premiership would be worth the journey through the leagues. Rangers 2.0 coped with doing it in Scotland, so I'm sure they'd be willing to do it in England, where in a couple of years they'd be facing clubs comparable to our own top flight sides.

Some people think they'd struggle to compete in the English Premiership but I reckon they'd both be top 10 sides in time.

I hate them both but that's the way I see it.

As for Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc. We'd just have to get on with it without them. If they leave, they leave. No skin of my nose.

I think we should go too.

We're bigger than most clubs in England and they'll understand us easier.

Also there could be a change of heart after Celtic fans visit Manchester.

Still bad feeling down there after the Huns last visit.

100% go. **** right off.

Re 2nd sides in the league and entry to the Scottish Cup. No way Pedro. There would have to be a mass organised movement from all other fans to prevent it. Every fan would need to pressurise their own clubs into kicking that particular idea into deep space. **** right off again.

Archived