Andre Gray (NHC)

Thaw

As has been widely reported today, further details of the Burnley striker's unsavoury Twitter past have emerged, chiefly his statement that he hates 'lightsies'.

I suppose it's easy for him to say that, secure in the knowledge that he is, by some distance, the darkest man anyone's ever seen.

4113770.jpg

What is a 'lightsie''

Genuinely no idea.

Apparently, a relatively light-skinned person of mixed race origin. I assume the idea must be that such a person is not 'properly' black and so not hardcore, or something.

If you're asking what distinguishes such a person from Andre Gray himself, I genuinely have no idea.

Apparently, a relatively light-skinned person of mixed race origin. I assume the idea must be that such a person is not 'properly' black and so not hardcore, or something.

If you're asking what distinguishes such a person from Andre Gray himself, I genuinely have no idea.

Not football, and don't mean to go off toopoc, but did Halle Berry not say she use to get abuse for not being black enough?

Going by the laws of probability at some point in the future there will be no black and no white. We will all be of mixed race one way or the other.

It amazes me that a professional footballer would post something like this especially since footballers every move is watched by the media.

loveofthegame

It amazes me that a professional footballer would post something like this especially since footballers every move is watched by the media.

It was before he was a professional, but staggering that a player playing at his level was not told by his club to delete everything he'd put on social media previously.

Given the money in England I'd actually expect top clubs to pay for someone to monitor this kind of stuff when they make new signings. How Burnley allowed those comments to remain on social media is very poor oversight on their part.

Doesn't take away from the fact the guy clearly is a bit of a scumbag.

alwaysthereinspirit

Becoming a professional footballer does not automatically give you membership to Mensa.

It was before he was a professional, but staggering that a player playing at his level was not told by his club to delete everything he'd put on social media previously.

Given the money in England I'd actually expect top clubs to pay for someone to monitor this kind of stuff when they make new signings. How Burnley allowed those comments to remain on social media is very poor oversight on their part.

Doesn't take away from the fact the guy clearly is a bit of a scumbag.

I think it was while he was at Brentford as well.

I think I'm fortunate that I grew up in a time when, if you said something stupid someone who was there would point out how f'n stupid it was and that would be that. Nowadays the thickest **** in the world can show the whole world how f'n thick they are at the push of a button. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

He's rightly being taken to task over this but I don't understand the FA charging him. It's like digging up an alleged head butt from four seasons ago - which would simply never happen.

Son Of Anarchy

He's rightly being taken to task over this but I don't understand the FA charging him. It's like digging up an alleged head butt from four seasons ago - which would simply never happen.

I'd have thought it impossible to charge him now tbh. Recent tweets yes but from the past? How far back could be considered for charges?

Archived