Last few days of the Window - what will happen?

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

With the Transfer window slamming shut at Midnight on Wednesday night, what do we think will happen?

Will we sign any players? Will we wait until after it closes to take advantage of players without clubs?

Will we let players go? Will players go on loan, sold or release?

I think we will make 1 signing before the window closes with 2 coming in afterwards.

I think we will sell Paterson, release Robbie Buchanan and 1 other. With possibly 1 player going out on loan.

What do people think/know?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Paterson will probably leave..

Hopefully Osh and Juanma will follow him out the door freeing up space for a couple of players to arrive after the window closes..

As Neilson has said previously with the market we are working in the window doesn't mean much to us as the majority of players that come in will be without a contract..

Juanma out on loan. Paterson to stay after no-one stumps up what we are asking. Another midfielder to be signed but after the window slams shut.

These are my predictions

Jambo 4 Ever

Juanma out on loan. Paterson to stay after no-one stumps up what we are asking. Another midfielder to be signed but after the window slams shut.

These are my predictions

Agree with this

Captain Canada

Juanma out on loan, Oshinawa away to China, Paterson to the English Championship. A left winger, and right back will arrive after the window.

We will reject bids for Walker, Hamilton and Souttar.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

There are only two certainties in life.

And there are only two certainties in the last 3 days of the transfer window on JKB.

1.  There will be some event where nearly everyone will loose their shit.  The variable is whether it's a 50/50 splits opinion square go against each other or a 90/10 love in or hate out versus Robbie/Craig/Ann/the groundsman.  Every possibly incoming or outgoing move will either go one of those ways.  If we do nothing, it will go one of those ways.

2.  At some point, the window SLAMS shut.  It doesn't just end, nor even simply close.  It SLAMS.

Paterson to the Tic

Juanma stays osh stays

Left midfielder after the window

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Fxxx the SPFL

Paterson to the Tic

Juanma stays osh stays

Left midfielder after the window

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Paterson to stay and sign a long term contract, hopefully Osh and Juanma go on loan freeing up some cash for a left sided midfielder and an extra ?1k a week on CP's wages to keep him happy. Having said that his goal non celebration tells me he is one unhappy laddie for whatever reason. Tony Watt would be a great permanent signing but he could also be playing out his skin to attract other clubs at least we have him for a season.

Seymour M Hersh

On the last day Jim White will act like the hyper active eject he is on TV with an overly made up strumpet dressed in yellow alongside him. Fact.

Finlay James

Celtic will sign some muppet who claims to have watched old form derbies on a black and white tv from his shanty town hut.

CP will leave

GMS to Hearts

Paterson to Celtic. Normally this would piss me off but as long as we take plenty off them I'd not be fussed, probably take GMS/Armstrong/Henderson and ?750k ish but Commons can stay in Greggs ! Juanma & Osh away possibly with a couple more released/loaned, probably sign at least one we've never heard of ! All in all probably the best transfer window for us in a while !

The Real Maroonblood

On the last day Jim White will act like the hyper active eject he is on TV with an overly made up strumpet dressed in yellow alongside him. Fact.

Detest this cretin.

Would like CP to stay but think he'll be offski.

Oshi and Juanma will hang around until January at least.

A couple of new faces to come in, maybe one this week and another after the window closes.

Jim Whyte - the unacceptable hyperactive Scottish face of the transfer window coverage on SkY. A true welt of a man who I to this day cannot fathom how he got a top job. A prick who puts me off watching anything he is on

Patterson to go to Wigan for ?700k and a sell on

Juanma and Osh to stay as no one agrees terms with them

Nobody else coming in this window

Would love to get rid of Osh and Juanma.

Sad to say I think Callum will end up at Celtic although I really hope we get ?1m from an English team.

Any signings we do will be post window.

tartofmidlothian

Surprise departure would be Buaben. Very surprise departure would be Ozturk. I can't see either being with us past the end of this season though.

Unless someone offers over 1m I'd be happy to keep Paterson and take our chances with a development fee. I reckon he'll only leave if we get that kind of money.

I'd love it if the rumour about Marc McNulty coming in if Juanma leaves was true, I'd take that in a minute. But either way Juanma will leave, even if it's on loan. Ditto for Oshaniwa.

JamboCampbell

Sont get the numerous Celtic players arriving, is there any trurth whatsoever in any of that?

I can guarantee Celtic wont get/now want Paterson.

lost in space

Paterson to stay  - starts to throw toys even further from pram.

Juanma - transfers to non-Scottish club after we give him a pay off; or we release him at the end of the window - giving him a pay off.

Osh - stays... and stays... and just stays.

Signings - left winger - hopefully not GMS (injury prone 2 trick pony).

alicante jambo

Theres one thing guaranteed.This place will be mental leading up to the cut off.I remember watching the tv a few years ago and ryan mcgowan was on his way to ibrox i was going berserk this just after the old rangers signed another of our players.

If we can get a decent bid for Patterson I would take it. Not sure he will get much better the he currently is. He is good for our level, but is no where go enough at defending to do well in the Championship or EPL.

I expect a couple of signings at some point but let's face it the next few days would be a success if we kept CP and managed to offload Juanma and JO.

If we don't keep CP it would still be a success if get around ?1m for him.

I'd imagine we won't see any player in until we know where we stand with players leaving.

SaughtonJambo

McNulty not coming to Hearts. That's from a player with the same agent as him. Henderson wanted hibs move. And I know that all his mates have just booked an apartment in Manchester to go see Celtic and hopefully him if he gets a game in the champs league

Paterson to Celtic.

GMS to Hearts on a permanent deal with Armstrong on a season's loan.

Maybe Henderson instead of Armstrong but as a permanent signing.

GMS wages will make that a no go

?We?ve got so many options up front as well now with Tony, Conor, Bjorn and Robbie Muirhead too. It?s about the entire team. For the boys not playing, I know it?s difficult at times."

Cowie has already forgotten Juanma.

Jambof3tornado

I really hope Paterson stays and realises that a new deal and good season plus a few caps will see bigger clubs come in for him.

Paterson to stay, leaves at the end of the season with a Scottish Cup winners medal.

Oshaniwa to leave and become the new Ronald McDonald as McDonalds aim to expand into Africa.

Juanma to take a year out of the game and study the offside law at Loughborough University.

I really hope Paterson stays and realises that a new deal and good season plus a few caps will see bigger clubs come in for him.

Or....

He leaves for free and gets a very decent signing on fee from a club in England and has a good season in a more high profile league, on several times the salary he'll get offered here btw. Then possibly get another move with another very decent signing on fee and an even bigger salary.

I would hazard a guess that 90% of footballers in CP's position would take this route. 

If we can get a decent bid for Patterson I would take it. Not sure he will get much better the he currently is. He is good for our level, but is no where go enough at defending to do well in the Championship or EPL.

His defending at Particks goal yesterday was terrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To think Paterson won't cut it in the championship down there is ridiculous. This is a league that Matt Doherty, Jonathan Grounds, Darnell Fisher are regular starters don't believe all the Sky Sports hype it's a similar standard to our game

What I hope happens is that we strengthen at the back because we are still giving chances to the opposition and we will need to score quite a few to win some matches.

That's my one fear about the side for midfield and up front we are in a decent position though if there are any departures we would need to address those

PS for the players sake (and ours) I hope Juanma and Oshaniwa leave as well (maybe those mystery Turkish clubs Oshaniwa talked about will come in at last for him)

Hopefully we'll find a new club for Juanma and Oshinhiwa and get a 7 figure sum for Paterson.

The fans will then go into a mini meltdown that we have lost 3 and are a bit light at the back.

And in the couple of weeks we'll have signed a decent left winger and a cover full back, both of who we've never heard of but will be of the Djoum/Rossi/Kitchen class.

What I hope happens is that we strengthen at the back because we are still giving chances to the opposition and we will need to score quite a few to win some matches.

That's my one fear about the side for midfield and up front we are in a decent position though if there are any departures we would need to address those

PS for the players sake (and ours) I hope Juanma and Oshaniwa leave as well (maybe those mystery Turkish clubs Oshaniwa talked about will come in at last for him)

We are never going to cut out giving teams chances....no matter who we sign. Our defence is still learning as a unit and will improve with games. Although we've only had one clean sheet in the league to date we've conceded one less goal and have played two of the top 4 teams in the division.

Defence is not an area we need any more bodies unless anyone leaves. So if CP and Osh leave then they should be replaced if possible. If we can get better than Rherras and Smith then great. 

Midfield....we have no quality cover for Kitchen, Djoum or Cowie and we could do with a winger who can get a ball in the box with regular accuracy.

We will also need to replace Juanma if he goes so we have 4 forwards.

To think Paterson won't cut it in the championship down there is ridiculous. This is a league that Matt Doherty, Jonathan Grounds, Darnell Fisher are regular starters don't believe all the Sky Sports hype it's a similar standard to our game

I think you have rose tinted glasses on. Paterson is great at heading the ball and has a good shot... But he has a lot of areas he has to improve on if he is to do well at a higher level. His first touch is often poor, he is not that comfortable using his left foot and his defending/tackling is pretty bad. Any winger with a big of speed can get past him. His game is based on physical strength rather than technical ability. That can only get you do far, lots of bigger and stronger players down south.

I think he is an above average player for our league, but you need to be a lot better to succeed does south. Just aloof at Tony Watt, a far better player than CP will ever be.

My predictions for the last 3 days:

1) Jim white increasingly works himself up into a frenzy in the sky sports studio until his head explodes a la scanners.

2) Increasingly desperate interviews from dark car parks with sky sports reporters trying to make nothing sound like something "we are hearing from sky sources that xxxxx team are in talks with a mystery player from serie a/la liga/bundesliga and trying to tie up deal" nothing ever happens and they end up signing some diddy from a non league club.

3) window closes with the usual anti climactic feeling

Paterson to stay, leaves at the end of the season with a Scottish Cup winners medal.

Oshaniwa to leave and become the new Ronald McDonald as McDonalds aim to expand into Africa.

Juanma to take a year out of the game and study the offside law at Loughborough University.

Erm they have McDonalds in Nigeria. There's running water and everything.

Paterson will stay, Juanma wont. We'll sign one before and one after the slammage. A LM of real qual and a utility type defender

I agree about the English Championship. I was at Southampton v Sunderland yesterday and as enjoyable as it was, it was not a million miles ahead of our own league though, and that the EPL.

I think you have rose tinted glasses on. Paterson is great at heading the ball and has a good shot... But he has a lot of areas he has to improve on if he is to do well at a higher level. His first touch is often poor, he is not that comfortable using his left foot and his defending/tackling is pretty bad. Any winger with a big of speed can get past him. His game is based on physical strength rather than technical ability. That can only get you do far, lots of bigger and stronger players down south.

I think he is an above average player for our league, but you need to be a lot better to succeed does south. Just aloof at Tony Watt, a far better player than CP will ever be.

Your so funny man and clueless

Id be happy if we got a decent fee in for Paterson be managed to move on Juanma and Oshinawa and replaced them with a solid young left back, a quality left winger and an upgrade on Buaben.

I am not saying Paterson is the finished article but he can certainly cope in the championship. Matt Doherty plays every week in this wonderful league and he is probably one of the worst full backs I have ever seen in this league. Most teams are similar standard to the Spl bar a couple of match winners who we simply couldn't afford

Archived