Was there a dive?

macca1874

Away for the weekend so could only listen to sportsound open mic for the the game updates. During which

heard Celtic game seemed close right up to a penalty given to the unwashed for an apparent dive. All that were commentating mentioned no contact. Haven't seen any comment on JKB or elsewhere about this so was wondering if it was just an immediate reaction to the live situation or did reply show it being a genuine pen.

Tennant's  6's

So obvious that that we pricks comment would come back to bite him on the arse. Every team has players that dive, go down with minimal contact, guilty of simulation, whatever you call it. Brown is at his level in this league, as shown again mid wk, where he never got a sniff of the ball all night.,

Seen it on the television - Clear dive ! Guess it depends on how Scott Brown sees it Though

If that's the case will the offender get a 2 match ban?

Won't hold my breath.

I'd like to see footage of this. Who dived? Presumably the compliance officer will be all over it?

He would miss the old firm so not a chance he will recieve a ban. This will be swept under the carpet by the SPFL/Sportscene

I'd like to see footage of this. Who dived? Presumably the compliance officer will be all over it?

Sinclair I think but i only heard it on radio not seen footage.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

Sinclair I think but i only heard it on radio not seen footage.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure McInnes mentioned it post match so I'm sure the compliance officer will be acting on it already...

He would miss the old firm so not a chance he will recieve a ban. This will be swept under the carpet by the SPFL/Sportscene

They will take a few weeks to look at it, offer a ban which Celtic appeal then they take another week or so to decide they have grounds to appeal and the ban is rescinded.

Hopefully this link works.

https://uk.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA%2FaGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS%2FcUxrnNZwEMCiA0I83XogAujYmROXDUb%2BaS9Z7MPN3UNLBHwH%2BeXGD%2B1SaiA%3D%3D&bit=1

Edged off the ball? Looks worse as there's an Aberdeen player on either side of him.

The pen is about 1 min 30 into the highlights.

Looks like he stumbles and genuinely loses balance. Can't see any action being taken.

James Forrest is incredibly one footed.

Willis Miller was adamant there was no contact and he was a good 'referee' in his day.

Not only penalty Reynolds was sent off for 2nd yellow card.

We all know the result of this debate. Mr Broon will defend his team mate end of discussion.

Tricky one. Some I think he has just stumbled and others it looks like he's deliberately threw his legs away.

Not a pen in amy case.

Either way an ADVANTAGE has been gained when it's never a penalty and because of that the compliance officer must act for consistency to be shown. Player or referee someone must be accountable and punished accordingly.

So now everyone (except me, obviously) has seen Sportscene, was there a dive?

Or more accurately, as suggested in previous post, should action be taken due to advantage gained/red card/goal???

Has there been a 'in the words of scott brown' quote yet?

If the criteria for the Walker ban was that he 'tricked the ref' - then the same standard should apply here.

He's gone looking for a penalty (and as a crucial difference in this case - actually claims for one too), and gone down with no contact.

I really hope the compliance officer, or the police or the FBI don't take any action against New Rangers for their supporters chanting "who's the fenian in the black".

There's nothing wrong will that surely.

avhudtheteeshirt

It was neither a penalty or a dive in my opinion.

So will the referee receive a two match ban?

Player booked and penalty scored!!!!

So will the referee receive a two match ban?

Player booked and penalty scored!!!!

More like a handshake.

I bet he never went into the Aberdeen dressing room to apologise.

It was neither a penalty or a dive in my opinion.

It wasnt a penalty, but the player shouted for one and 'tricked' the referee in to giving one.

2 match ban is the standard which should be applied if we're being consistent.

This is where the rule/CO is a complete shambles.

IMHO Sinclair should be offered the two match ban on the basis that he has conned the ref. He did this by claiming for a penalty that never was, then converting said penalty, never mind the red he got Reynolds. Clever reffing btw, as Aberdeen can't appeal the second yellow, so no awkwardness caused by admitting ref got it wrong, rescinding red and then not punishing Sinclair. Everyone's a winner at the GFA!

Said this at the time of the Guidetti incident. It didn't matter that he slipped (if you're being extremely nice), he got up, scored the penalty he KNEW had been wrongly awarded and gave it a big GIRFUY to Hearts fans.

We_are_the_Hearts

Cringe.............

So what's their remit then? Do they act on what they watch at the weekend? Do they only act if receiving a complaint? Where are the decisions explained? For something that has major repercussions to clubs and players the lack of transparency is scary. Mind you most fans in this country just bend over and take it these days, it's like all spirit has been crushed out them and the status quo has been accepted. 

So what's their remit then? Do they act on what they watch at the weekend? Do they only act if receiving a complaint? Where are the decisions explained? For something that has major repercussions to clubs and players the lack of transparency is scary. Mind you most fans in this country just bend over and take it these days, it's like all spirit has been crushed out them and the status quo has been accepted. 

Just don't be that guy.

It wasn't a clear dive so you would just be making a fool of yourself tbh. 

We_are_the_Hearts

Just don't be that guy.

It wasn't a clear dive so you would just be making a fool of yourself tbh. 

I am more interested in the remit than an isolated incident to be honest. Arguably Sinclair being suspended for the Old Scum derby wouldnt benefit Hearts anyway

I am more interested in the remit than an isolated incident to be honest. Arguably Sinclair being suspended for the Old Scum derby wouldnt benefit Hearts anyway

So you want to contact the CO at the SFA and ask him to forward you his job remit ?

Its all a bit toe curling imo.

Not a dive

Not a pen and sending off either.

Both fall over. Wouldn't have been given at the other end. Same old story. Nothing to see here.

We'd be screaming penalty. Harshish on defender as don't think deliberate but I think just the right call.

Shame. I was hoping it was a clear dive just to see what happened!!!

Inconclusive as they don't show the multiple angles and stills which they did with the Walker incident. Looked like he was off balance but he certainly throws himself in the air at the end which is an act of simulation. No way he will get pulled up for it though. I'm sure the ref hasn't apologised to Aberdeen either

The Treasurer

For me the player expected a challenge so went to ground.

In other words, exactly what Walker did, but on this occasion the player claimed for a penalty.

The Walker situation and all the fall-out from it, has opened a whole can of worms but, as usual, the gfa will only take action if it adversely affects "certain clubs"

PresleyJenks

If that was us then we would be shouting for it. I thought it was a clear penalty.

Thunderstruck

If you see "the penalty" from the camera behind the goal, it looks like Sinclair has a hold of Reynolds' shirt and is pulling him down with him. Should have been a foul to Aberdeen.

Not a dive

Not a pen and sending off either.

Both fall over. Wouldn't have been given at the other end. Same old story. Nothing to see here.

They don't just both fall over though - ones flapping arms and legs and screaming for a penalty.

He's trying to con the referee - and that was one of the key factors in awarding a 2 match ban previously.

Their hips touch and Sinclair is slightly in front of Reynolds.

The touch was enough to take him down because he was already off balance.

There are lots of different types of dives...

The ones where there is no contact at all, the ones where the player going down initiates the contact and the ones where the player goes off balance, expecting contact.

The Rangers one last week falls into the first category, no contact, he just went down. Similar to Miko's infamous one v Scotland.

The Griffiths one was in the 2nd category, there was contact, but it was initiated by Griffiths sticking out his own leg and hooking it round the defenders.

The third category is the classic "Elvis" dive. Get in front of your opponent, slow down and lean forward, putting yourself off balance, so that when the player runs into the back of you, you will fall over naturally. He used to get fouls that way every week in defensive positions.

It was what Sinclair did by using his pace to get in front of Reynolds then running across his path to ensure the contact and it was what Walker tried to do as well. The Walker one just ended up looking daft because there was little or no contact. The Sinclair one looked good because there was contact.

The problem for refs is that there is such a fine line between the third type of dive and a genuine penalty. This example is a perfect one because we can't even agree after seeing loads of replays.

And if a player knows he's going to nick in front of an opponent and get the ball first, before getting clattered, he's going to go off balance anyway to avoid injury.

For a player to get punished it has to be clear cut and this doesn't fall into that category.

There was a blatant dive by a rangers player in the box. Ref waved on and never gave a pen, but he also never booked the player. Therefore he should be offered a 2 match ban.

IveSeenTheLight

A soft pen but not a dive imo.

That's how I see it.

I can understand why it was given, but it was soft.

Both Reynolds and Sinclair were trying to out muscle each other for position and both lost their balance and their footing.

If it was Aberdeen attacking, then I'd be shouting for the pen.

That said, do referees not now have the ability to stop a "double jeapoardy" by sending the player off and awarding a pen.

I realise that's for the professional foul scenario, but it was hardly a bookable offence if had been awarded anywhere else on the pitch.

I think the pen should have been awarded but no yellow.

We_are_the_Hearts

There was a blatant dive by a rangers player in the box. Ref waved on and never gave a pen, but he also never booked the player. Therefore he should be offered a 2 match ban.

Yip from Garner. Worse than Walkers. 

Yip from Garner. Worse than Walkers.

Yeah. That's the one. Because he never booked him for diving, then the referee is deemed to have not dealt with it. With the example of both McGowan and Stevenson getting bans when the referee at the time decided they didn't merit a booking at the time.

We_are_the_Hearts

Yeah. That's the one. Because he never booked him for diving, then the referee is deemed to have not dealt with it. With the example of both McGowan and Stevenson getting bans when the referee at the time decided they didn't merit a booking at the time.

The CO is untouchable so this will be swept under the carpet. It's apparently toe curling to even want to challenge it. I'm sure some of our fans enjoy cutting their neighbours grass while he is pumping their wife.

The CO is untouchable so this will be swept under the carpet. It's apparently toe curling to even want to challenge it. I'm sure some of our fans enjoy cutting their neighbours grass while he is pumping their wife.

Yep agree. The system is an absolute joke, but we need to force the CO to take action

Archived