Straight swap

TyphoonJambo

TyphoonJambo

So. given the rumours about Gordon being dropped at Smeltic. would anyone do a straight swap, Gordon for Patterson?

August Landmesser

I don't know if Craig would make much of a right-back... Maybe be better as an attacking mid...

TyphoonJambo

I don't know if Craig would make much of a right-back... Maybe be better as an attacking mid...

Liam Smith is more than equal to that task.

TyphoonJambo

OP getting champy man confused with reality....

Its only a hypothetical question bud!!

Getintaethem

Nope. Hamilton will probably make a couple of mistakes this season but is doing well, he needs games to get experience. I'm quite happy for us to stick with him, future Scotland goalkeeper in the making. Looks like we'll probably lose Paterson in this window or the next, but we should be looking for cash for him.

From what I have seen this season Hamilton will be a better goalkeeper next season than Gordon will be next season but only if we continue to play him and let him develop.

Regardless of him being the best keeper in Britain a few years ago I don't think he's half that keeper now.

No. Jack Hamilton is doing very well and deserves his chance. What message would that send ? I'd rather have the money to be honest it only the right amount. I'd he mate these manks to get Paterson

Jambof3tornado

No. Jack Hamilton is doing very well and deserves his chance. What message would that send ? I'd rather have the money to be honest it only the right amount. I'd he mate these manks to get Paterson

Thought hamilton was ropey at times today but he will make mistakes and learn from them.

No to craig coming in.

So. given the rumours about Gordon being dropped at Smeltic. would anyone do a straight swap, Gordon for Patterson?

Not a chance wouldn't even give Osh for him,very much yesterdays man

jambo in iraq

if you had asked me this b4 the first game i would have said yes. Now... no. Wages would be too high anyway

fabienleclerq

Gordon will be on like 20 grand a week, so we increase our budget for a keeper with injury problems and lose an asset for her haw! Logic.

Gordon isn't the keeper he was. Not even close.

I'd rather Paterson stayed and signed a new contract, as unlikely as that is.

Hungry hippo

I think Gordon will be on massive wages (by our standards) after they added a further year to his contract recently.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hamilton the future Gordon the past. We don't need a keeper, we need more creative players still. 2 Scottish international goalkeepers an overindulgence I would say

Dr Ian Malcolm

If we could get Gordon (unlikely) then we'd be daft not to. He's a better goalkeeper than Hamilton. If that means Hamilton needs to take a back seat until he's first choice again, then tough.

Why would Craig move at this stage of his career. He might get ?3k a week at Hearts or playing second string at Celtic he will be trousering maybe ?10k a week if not more. No brainer for him.

Bungalow Bill

We'd only be swapping one goalie who doesn't come for cross balls for another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now yes. Say what you want but he's still the best goalie in the league.

If the question was, Callum Patterson to sign a new deal or get CG in, then the answer would be different

If we're taking dropped Celtic players, I'd do a straight swap for Armstrong.

Francis Albert

Gordon would have been one of the all time greats if he had ever sorted that out. Never understood why he didn't.

I don't think it would be the right move for the way we are going, as much as it pains me to say so.

Look forward not backwards. Jack Hamilton is the future and has done a decent job so far.

Look forward not backwards. Jack Hamilton is the future and has done a decent job so far.

GMS and Christie for Paterson.

I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Chuck in Kris Commons and a couple hundred grand too for good measure.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Have you seen Hamilton?

I would bring back Gordon only he was free. Not in exchange of Patty. Would be an error to do that IMO

BRAVEHEART1874

hamilton does come for some crosses and has even caught cross balls rather than punched unlike alexander and is doing ok at the moment.  In saying that i would have craig gordon back no problem but not for a swap with patterson. But at age 33 probably a better candidate later for a goalkeeper player/coach for hearts he must remember some good stuff from jim stewart.

What is it with all this Patterson to Celtic crap? Unbelievable the amount of folk on here lately desperate to see one of our best players going to that filth.

Nah, a 34 year old injury prone keeper for a good young prospect????If he never played for us in the past I doubt we'd be talking about him.

Bungalow Bill

Have you seen Hamilton?

Yes and clearly you haven't.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Yes and clearly you haven't.

I'll let you off. You had your eyes shut when he was taking all those crosses the last few weeks

Do people have any concept over how much Celtic pay their players? For any Celtic first team player to consider joining Hearts it's likely that they would have to take a massive pay cut. A swap deal would seem unlikely unless Celtic pay up the swapped player's contract or alternatively it's a non first team player.

Bungalow Bill

I'll let you off. You had your eyes shut when he was taking all those crosses the last few weeks

It's ok I'll let you off too, clearly just a happy clapper.

Archived