Aidan Smith Interview with Garry O'Connor

Rab Mac52

i wish jj was my dad

Blah, blah.  Smith really needs to widen his circle of friends.

Seriously, Aidan Smith just regurgitates that same article/interview every year, just changing the name between O'connor and Riordan

Francis Albert

Yet another article by Smith on his beloved. Some insight in to the regrets O'Connor has and a suggestion of mental health issues. A waste of a reasonable talent.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/garry-o-connor-i-was-going-to-lose-my-wife-kids-everything-1-4214276

It's a waste right enough. But I wouldn't say Smith had reasonable talent.

Seymour M Hersh

Blah, blah.  Smith really needs to widen his circle of friends.

I think the likes of Riorden and O'josh widen his circle!  :oohmatron:

The Internet

Yeah change a couple of team names and you can write the exact same article for Riordan. The two of them must look at Scott Brown and go 'that's what we could have been'. Which in itself is depressing enough.

I've never really had a problem with O'Connor, he's always came across as an alright guy. He's made mistakes but haven't we all.

...a bit disco

For anyone confused see Hope Solo thread.

That should help !

childhood-ruined-meme-11.jpg

Cool.

I get to use the same meme twice in 2 days on 2 different threads.

Smith probably had to pull his car over into a car park on the way home to rip the head off it after meeting the Hibs equivalent of Ronaldo (the fat one)

When you realise what could've been...

ea5eb315b2881c34501a064f16368d86.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

fabienleclerq

Always comes across as decent and he knows he made a ***** of it. "Cruz O'conner" though ?!! :lol:

manaliveits105

Stopped buying The Scotsman due to Smiths dreary obsession with hibs if thats the standard of journalism they think printable they can shove it

...a bit disco

7 across: Harare

1 across Hibbies.

If course I have made mistakes, but I don't include snorting powder, crashing my powerful car and doing a runner, trying to give a false name to the police, and chucking away my cup final loser's medal, amongst them.

My favourite bit about that incident is the arresting cop told the court.."after giving a false name, he ran away but I caught him easily M'Lud"

One of my mates knows him and by all accounts he isn't a bad or nasty guy but has a series coke habit that's ruined him. In my opinion it's a shame that he's wasted the talent he had. Plenty of players, like Riorden, are horrible and you kind of love to see them fail but I don't get that with JOS.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Never saw him more than an average striker.

Rat boy on the other hand,as a young player in his first spell was a great prospect.

Always comes across as decent and he knows he made a ***** of it. "Cruz O'conner" though ?!! :lol:

This. He was a complete arse and wether he's changed or not he is a shining example along with others he names in the piece of how to fek up a career and life. He was an absolute egomaniac that flushed it all down the bog

airdriejambo3

How many time are we going to get this interview, it's as out of date as the comment that the H1b5 players attended the hairdressers as much as Diana who had been dead for 3 years by the time they even made their breakthrough.

Aiden's just great.  Love his articles.  Hope he does a 5-1 story one day to put a gloss on that day of misery for him.

Smith is the most nauseating, brown-nosing sycophant masquerading as a journalist found on this side of the country. Not only does his undeniable bias and love for all things Hibernian do a disservice  to journalistic integrity (what remains of it) he also is too stupid to realise he does a disservice to his beloved Hibs too. These fan-boy fanzine articles in which Smith idolises one after another failed 'Hibs minded' player like a 10 year old girl hyperventilating and near fainting over some talentless boy band moron and plays down the fact they chucked away their careers due to their petty criminality and inability to rise above their hibs mentality, is pathetic. He should be holding these junky, alchoholic, thuggish players as examples of what not to do if you want to get ahead in life, or particularly in football.

But then the sycophant probably has them up on the pedestal reserved for the real hell-raisers and writes off their idiocy by romanticizing their flaws as somehow a side-order that comes with genius. But they are neither geniuses - just once reasonably talented - nor poetically flawed, they are petty criminals unable to grasp the opportunity that was put in front of them.

Just like Smith wastes the opportunity to write some meaningful stuff which, even if it resonated with just one up-and-coming star and saw them dedicate themselves to a proper, professional approach to augment their talent then he would have achieved something, but with his starry-eyed clich? ridden pulp, he is just a waste of print and trees. I despise his very existence.

Probably get a bollocking for this one, but here goes anyway...

...I never really had a problem with O'Connor. I don't immediately recall him being overly abusive towards us or our players (Riordan/Griffiths) or actively engaged in shite wind-ups (Murray). If I'm honest, I just look at him as yet another one from over there who could've gone on to very good things if he'd just screwed the nut rather than embracing the traditional 'Scottish mentality' towards his career/training/not going out on the piss all the time. If anything, I just pity him.

And if anything tells you all you need to know about why their conveyor belt of talent contributed the square root of ****-all to their trophy haul, look no further than 'Toni and Guy Day' :rofl:

boizin_maroon

Smith is the most nauseating, brown-nosing sycophant masquerading as a journalist found on this side of the country. Not only does his undeniable bias and love for all things Hibernian do a disservice  to journalistic integrity (what remains of it) he also is too stupid to realise he does a disservice to his beloved Hibs too. These fan-boy fanzine articles in which Smith idolises one after another failed 'Hibs minded' player like a 10 year old girl hyperventilating and near fainting over some talentless boy band moron and plays down the fact they chucked away their careers due to their petty criminality and inability to rise above their hibs mentality, is pathetic. He should be holding these junky, alchoholic, thuggish players as examples of what not to do if you want to get ahead in life, or particularly in football.

But then the sycophant probably has them up on the pedestal reserved for the real hell-raisers and writes off their idiocy by romanticizing their flaws as somehow a side-order that comes with genius. But they are neither geniuses - just once reasonably talented - nor poetically flawed, they are petty criminals unable to grasp the opportunity that was put in front of them.

Just like Smith wastes the opportunity to write some meaningful stuff which, even if it resonated with just one up-and-coming star and saw them dedicate themselves to a proper, professional approach to augment their talent then he would have achieved something, but with his starry-eyed clich? ridden pulp, he is just a waste of print and trees. I despise his very existence.

Very well put.

...a bit disco

Obsequious, scummy little wanktoad masquerading as a 'journalist'.

Very good player whom I'm glad they sold days before the 06 semi. From what I saw he could have been an excellent player.

Big Slim Stylee

If course I have made mistakes, but I don't include snorting powder, crashing my powerful car and doing a runner, trying to give a false name to the police, and chucking away my cup final loser's medal, amongst them.

Done the first two, managed to hide just in time, nowhere near the last one.

How can he afford to run a big 4x4 if he's on unemployment benefits?

Unless Selkirk are paying him big bucks now.

Probably get a bollocking for this one, but here goes anyway...

...I never really had a problem with O'Connor. I don't immediately recall him being overly abusive towards us or our players (Riordan/Griffiths) or actively engaged in shite wind-ups (Murray). If I'm honest, I just look at him as yet another one from over there who could've gone on to very good things if he'd just screwed the nut rather than embracing the traditional 'Scottish mentality' towards his career/training/not going out on the piss all the time. If anything, I just pity him.

And if anything tells you all you need to know about why their conveyor belt of talent contributed the square root of ****-all to their trophy haul, look no further than 'Toni and Guy Day' :rofl:

Nothing wrong with that I I

The problem here is Smith's fan boy worshipping of all things hibs and his desperate efforts to perpetuate the warrior poet shite.

Seymour M Hersh

Well said Gizmo. A perfect description of that welt Smith. I'd like to add he thought he was an amazing footballer back in the day when in fact he was ****ing hopeless.

"... Tony Mowbray?s Hibees, a fine young side with the gallus skills to match their extravagant plumages who reached the semi-finals of the Scottish Cup three years running... "

:rofl:

That man just loves polishing turds.

Archived