***Official Partick Thistle v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Any win's a good one, especially away. I've had 1-0 to us (Sammon) in my head all week, hopefully we could do even better but I'd be happy with that.

And Cowie for captain!

Considering that Collum is the ref, I can see an early red card for us and a penalty to PT. We'll be lucky to get a draw.

After last weekend's performance, no one deserves to be dropped. But I'd like to see Walker feature again... so Djoum would sit out for me

Cowie captain again. Johsen to feature as a sub and I fancy a goal from him

SaughtonJambo

3-0 hearts watt Paterson and Johnsen from the bench. can see the whole team performing well and starting a winning streak

It's going to be a tough match. 

If we can play with the same attacking freedom as last week then I fancy us to score a couple.

Partick Thistle 1 - 3 Heart of Midlothian 

Watt to finally score :)

Watt to score and believe it or not, I'd put money on us NOT getting a red card this weekend.

Tough match but very optimistic after our performance at Tynecastle on Saturday.

Geoff Kilpatrick

2-1 win. Trailing most of the game, Johnsen comes on for Sammon with 20 to go. Watt immediately sets him up for the equaliser and then Johnsen returns the favour.

Well done Tart.  Nothing like a Tart match thread.  I'm sticking to a 3-1 win for now but I expect I may increase that before kick-off.

Bridge of Djoum

Get off to a good start, play with pace and intensity, we could tuck them away in the 1st half.

Get bogged down in anti-football, Collum will start throwing the cards around like confetti, only on one side though. It's important not to give that vile, corrupt little no-mark an excuse to exert his ''influence'' on the game. If we just play as we did last weekend, we will be fine.

I'd stick with the starting 11 from last week, have great options in Walker and Johnsen on the bench to come on and change the game if needed.

3-1 Hearts, Watt, Sammon x2.

More of the same as last week. If we play like that then I'd say 2-0 Hearts. Hope to see Watt get on the score sheet too.

Gorgie_Rules

Same team as last week, Walker on for Nicholson soon as if he is ineffective. Fancy big Johnsen to change the game if we dont score early

Same team as last week, Walker on for Nicholson soon as if he is ineffective. Fancy big Johnsen to change the game if we dont score early

^ this.

Also, this is Moz Juniors first ever away game so if you could all keep the noise down a bit and watch the language that would be great

Thanks in advance :):wings:

As soon as the fans start talking about us pumping a team I get the fear.

It's an away game and it will probably be alot tighter than that.

john brownlee

More of the same as last week. If we play like that then I'd say 2-0 Hearts. Hope to see Watt get on the score sheet too.

I'm with this,then we won't have to worry about the poison dwarf.

I'll go one up and make it three to the mighty JTs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Treasurer

A tough game made even harder with the announcement of the match official (I can't describe him as a referee).

This will be my first away game in a couple of years. Never been to Firhill before either

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

We've scored four and won on our last two visits, couple that happy hunting ground fact with our last performance and we will/should win.

Collums the Ref. We will be lucky to finish with 10 men. We should win this one. Watts due to score and if Johnsen plays they won't cope with our forward line.

Collums the Ref. We will be lucky to finish with 10 men. We should win this one. Watts due to score and if Johnsen plays they won't cope with our forward line.

they wont cope with it if sammon starts either

I stop myself getting confident for any away game, BUT we should have enough quality throughout our team to get a win, the forwards are performing well, the midfield are performing well, I think the defence maybe suffer from us pushing too many players forward but it's a price worth paying if we're going out and scoring 4 or 5 goals, I can't see us conceding 4 or 5 in any game this season, as long as we continue to create the chances we are creating, we will do well this season.

My prediction for this game is 3-0, a goal midway through the first half and then 2 in the last 15 minutes. Djoum to get 1, Watt and Johnsen to get the other 2.

Partick started the season really well, they won their first 5 (4 in the League Cup) but have since lost their next 2, a League Cup defeat to Dundee United and then were beaten 2-1 by Aberdeen.

This is a big weekend for us, Celtic face Aberdeen, if we win, we will go above at least one of them. We'll probably still be 3 behind Rangers but they face Celtic the following week so it's a good opportunity to close an early gap. Rangers still have to play Aberdeen before they come to Tynecastle in October so we really have to take advantage of our run of fixtures between now and then.

Win and the 'revival' is on, Robbie is hailed as a tactical genius who has seen the error of his negative ways away from home and it was just a blip in the first few days of the season

Lose and we are back to square one with bickering amongst the fans and demands for more signings before the transfer window shuts

The life of a football club and it's manager

We have sold out our initial allocation. There will be 300-400 available tomorrow from 1345.

third lanark

Considering that Collum is the ref, I can see an early red card for us and a penalty to PT. We'll be lucky to get a draw.

You are forgetting that we went 70 games recently without getting a single penalty so not convinced we will get one

stirlingshirejambo

You are forgetting that we went 70 games recently without getting a single penalty so not convinced we will get one

Ah

But how many of those 70 involved Collum and Hearts?

Luscious Laryea

Over the course of the three games between us and Partick last season we beat them 8-0 and won all three.  Confident for this one - I'll go 3-0 to us.

I think - and correct me if I'm wrong - the last time Collum reffed a game with us was away to Dundee in the latter part of last season.  And he actually had a - don't laugh - decent game.

Anyway, 0-3 for us tomorrow. 

Harvey Specter

Same team as last week. Walker, Johnsen and Muirhead on at some stage. 

3-0 Hearts. Watt x2 & Johnsen.

Tart if we lose the morn I am laying the blame squarely at your door and banning you from starting match threads ever again.

:sob:

I am hoping for another convicing win. 2 notning Watt and soutar

A side issue but nice to hear that Angus Beith is on his way back from injury and wil be in full training after the international break

Let's hope his luck changes and he can get himself fit as he has talent and could well make it into the first team picture..and he is a left footed player which is very rare in our squad

Diadora Van Basten

Reminds me of last season after we beat Motherwell 5 - 1 our fans traveled in large numbers expecting us to beat Hamilton only for Rossi to be sent off as we drew 0 - 0.

With Collum as ref there is a good chance of history repeating itself. 

Interesting that Johnsen is the pre-match interview.

95% of the time in the last couple of years the pre-match guy has started....

Interesting that Johnsen is the pre-match interview.

95% of the time in the last couple of years the pre-match guy has started....

Thought that myself as well, but can't see him starting tomorrow. Maybe more an introduction to the new signing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

3 1 I think. But please have a good go for the sake of the wonderful sane week we have just had. Blissful

Having just come off a great performance and having a lot of joy at Partick Thistle our last couple of visits - this is usually the formula for Hearts fluffing their lines and limping to a 1-0/2-1 defeat. 

Hopefully this is not the case, I can see a 3-1 victory tomorrow.

BRAVEHEART1874

partick are better than inverness but as i said last week easy 3 points ;)  prediction 2-0 to make it 7 points  from 4 games which included celtic and aberdeen not so bad a start is it ;)

Archived