Tony Watt

Jamboelite

Didnt score but absolutely brilliant today clever runs, pulling players all over the place and some great skill.

A really good bit of business.

When does his contract expire?

He is with us for one season he will then have one left with his own club but someone posted when he signed we had a buy clause in the loan which i hope is true.

John mcCartney

`wish i could be like tony watts`.......im sure thats that The Jam number that scott played at halftime

first time ive saw him play,looks like hes buying into whats goin on at tynecastle.

excellent aquisition

Seen enough of him to suggest that getting him signed on a long term deal should be at the top of our list of priorities.

Don't know if we have first dibs on him but he is clearly a quality player. He's 'not' just a striker 'who will score goals' but an intelligent player who can link with the midfield and create chances.

Players like him aren't cheap or easy to come by so if we have a first option on him we should move quickly before his price goes up.

Please make it happen Hearts.

`wish i could be like tony watts`.......im sure thats that The Jam number that scott played at halftime

first time ive saw him play,looks like hes buying into whats goin on at tynecastle.

excellent aquisition

Nearly! It's David Watts; The Kinks first, The Jam a few years later.

Wish I had a ***** to have his babies.

Many a bit far. Get him signed permanently though.

Superb player and makes a huge difference to the team. Hopefully we have an option to buy, but if it is just going to be a season, we should enjoy having him upfront while we can.

He must be a nightmare to play against, exactly what we want as defenders from teams like Inverness dont have a clue how to cope.

Alex MacDonald

Should be named in Strachan's next squad, along with Cowie, both played superbly today, a pleasure to watch.

Tony Watt will become a fantastic player for us, the boy is so positive, always trying to get into goal scoring positions, there will be plenty of times when it doesn't come off for him, and he will definitely be frustrating at times, but if we are all willing to accept his flaws, I'm certain we have ourselves a top striker

Seen enough of him to suggest that getting him signed on a long term deal should be at the top of our list of priorities.

Don't know if we have first dibs on him but he is clearly a quality player. He's 'not' just a striker 'who will score goals' but an intelligent player who can link with the midfield and create chances.

Players like him aren't cheap or easy to come by so if we have a first option on him we should move quickly before his price goes up.

Please make it happen Hearts.

Would imagine (wages wise) he'll be well out of our range to sign permanently. 

He is with us for one season he will then have one left with his own club but someone posted when he signed we had a buy clause in the loan which i hope is true.

Really hope this is the case.

His choice of play is incredible, he doesn't go for the obvious, but sees and has the ability to play some brilliant skills.

the big show

Quality player . His trickery and the way he was beating players with ease , also his link up play ,  overall a great performance from Watt  in fact truth being told he has never had a bad game for us even at st johnstone when he came on he was a constant threat . IF we can match what he wants and if we get the chance ,  management would have to seriously consider it given he has already stated he is happy back here nearer his family .

wattie exploited

fantastic player he made loads of good runs really played well today  :rifle:  :rifle:

Jambof3tornado

Should be named in Strachan's next squad, along with Cowie, both played superbly today, a pleasure to watch.

Aye overlooked for mcginn etc.

Classy today.

Jambof3tornado

Aye overlooked for mcginn etc.

Classy today.

Would imagine (wages wise) he'll be well out of our range to sign permanently.

I dunno. If he's settled and enjoying his football then he might be happy to settle for ?4-5k a week on a 3-4 year deal.

Mods can you merge this into the other thread.

Bazzas right boot

His, touch, technique and decision making were 1st class.

The intelligence of the front players today was refreshing and a joy to watch today.

Clerry Jambo

A goal and he may have pipped "THE DON" for MOM

Showed quality through the entire game and you know what I loved about him, he played with a smile on his face.

This could be a tasty relationship between club and player, lets hope so

Great performance today - his first touch is fantastic. Once he gets one goal, I think he'll score a barrowload.

I dunno. If he's settled and enjoying his football then he might be happy to settle for ?4-5k a week on a 3-4 year deal.

Mods can you merge this into the other thread.

Cant imagine we'll be paying 4-5 grand a week anytime soon.

3 players round him at the end trying to get the ball off him, no chance. I said on other threads he was unplayable at times today. He has shown glimpses of it in the other games but today hr did everything but score.

Perry Kitchen will be on that just now. Easily.

He had a great game today. Brilliant close control, strong on his feet and has plenty of pace to burn.

Once he gets a goal he'll be on fire.

Can't see Kitchen being on anywhere near 4-5 grand a week. He'll have been brought in on the basis of while we can't offer him top wages, we can offer him a shop window for a move to England, which I think is where he'll end up.

Tony Watt looks class, has been down south and apparently not settled. If we can offer him an environment where he is happy he might be persuaded to stay on after the loan ?

Thought he was great. Really deserved a goal but once it comes he'll score plenty.

If we can score 5 goals playing like we did he might not need to score many himself

I dunno, I think if the players of a high enough quality and can offer what we need we'll stretch.

If we could shift Juanma & Oshaniwa we could probably pay that

I dunno, I think if the players of a high enough quality and can offer what we need we'll stretch.

If we could shift Juanma & Oshaniwa we could probably pay that

Can do a deal on other stuff for lower wages

And he might be happy playing at Hearts for a couple of years to get career back on track

I'm sure Watt came to us to get regular first team football and put himself back in the shop window for a bigger club to come in for him, or at least impress his parent club enough to be offered a regular first team slot next season.  I can't see him signing for us on a permanent deal (although I'd love if we could come up with a deal to do so).  

LarrysRightFoot

If the Paterson and Jaunma deals go through we could possibly invest the money in signing Watt on a permanent deal.

Archived