Winning the next three games is vital

Lincon Premier

2 down 1 to go in these 'vital games'

Some great posts on this thread.

Comedy gold mate.... I thought the Patrick game would be the most difficult to do.....

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We wont beat Partick away. I doubt if we'll have a serious go at beating them

The other 6 points are an absolute must IMO.

Collywally eating a big fail sandwich again. Sair yin for 'um.

:jjyay:

mickycameron98

Well this is looking ever more likely now. Starting the season with Celtic visiting and then heading to Aberdeen doesn't get much tougher!

To be sitting 3rd after 4 games with a good run of fixtures to come is rather pleasing.

Well done Hearts!

Everybody loves Baz

Well this is looking ever more likely now. Starting the season with Celtic visiting and then heading to Aberdeen doesn't get much tougher!

To be sitting 3rd after 4 games with a good run of fixtures to come is rather pleasing.

Well done Hearts!

Gutting for the usual suspects though.

Jambof3tornado

Not sure we had a right go at beating them. We won because of a tremendous late strike.

2nd half we were crap.

mickycameron98

Not sure we had a right go at beating them. We won because of a tremendous late strike.

2nd half we were crap.

Cue Mr negative!

Lincon Premier

I started this thread more in the hope we would do well and give us a boost after such a tough start. It didn't look good after the Euro and cup game but a win against Hamilton and we should be gaining confidence. Long way to go but we are no longer playing catch up. Sevco had an easy start ( it was the computer that picked the fixtures ) and have the tic in a couple of weeks. so a win against Hamilton will put us in second. Unfortunately this will put us firmly in the sights of dodgy decisions. 

Hardly 'sair' simply called it wrong. Good result. I am delighted. Why would I be otherwise ?

FarmerTweedy

We wont beat Partick away. I doubt if we'll have a serious go at beating them

The other 6 points are an absolute must IMO.

Good call!

Jambof3tornado

Cue Mr negative!

Did you see a different 2nd half like? We created very little. The game was petering out to a draw when Watt scored a belter.

Nothing wrong with telling it like it is.

FarmerTweedy

How about a bet.........

If we win anymore than 3 points you don't post for anything for a month ?

It's going to be a good month!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Some people seem more aggressive when Hearts win

Hearts win

Hearts win......

MacDonald Jardine

Anyone who was following the club in the seventies will laugh at the lightweights

who think losing a Derby by the odd goal

is the WORST RESULT EVER.

Anyway I hope we get them in the Cup this year.Its the only way we will get some sanity back on here is to get revenge with interest.

I was there in the 70s, late 70s anyway, and while not the worst derby result I've experienced the performances in both games are up there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I was there in the 70s, late 70s anyway, and while not the worst derby result I've experienced the performances in both games are up there.

I feel your pain, I'd have given a testicle for the results and performances of today in 1976!!

Narrowly put out of Europe

Narrowly put out of the diddy cup.

Narrowly beaten by Celtic.

Drew with Aberdeen away.

Smashed ICT.

Decent away win today.

Signs of improvement.

MacDonald Jardine

I feel your pain, I'd have given a testicle for the results and performances of today in 1976!!

I get that but if you judge everything against those days we'll never get any better.

Did you see a different 2nd half like? We created very little. The game was petering out to a draw when Watt scored a belter.

Pushing for a winner in the last minute, is not settling for a draw as you would indicate . 

Hackney Hearts

I was there throughout the 70s and the first cup game was far from a poor performance by those standards. We scored two great goals and looked in command - we never looked in command in a derby throughout the whole 70s decade, apart from a 4-1 win in 1973. Hibs just got lucky in the last 10 minutes with a flukey looping header and a stramash at the death. Admittedly the replay was a different matter.

Think you have it the wrong way round.

I felt we were a bit negative in the first half. The 2nd half was much better and we had them pegged back for the last 20 minutes or so. Did you not see the string of saves the goalie made one after another ? Thistle had put a lot of effort into the first hour and Hearts fitness told in the end. Not a vintage performance but a good three points none the less.

kylelauren01

I disagree tbh. While we struggled a bit second half when they put men behind the ball, their keeper never had a save to make in the first half. Second half he had a good save from Walker, a couple of low saves, Djoum hit a couple, and the big lad had one deflected over. The fans were getting frustrated but we didn't create very little.

You obviously have not read any of my posts. I personally would prefer Levein out! I feel Robbie was in command of the team in the Championship and we played attacking football. Once it was clear we had the Championship in the bag and latterly third last season it would appear Levein has stepped in and our approach has been too cautious.

Many claiming Levein is not interfering, but have twice now failed to answer my point. If Levein is not interfering then why not? Surely he can see how we are playing. If however as I suggest he is interfering he should butt out and leave Robbie to it.

Someone asked how people think Levein in interfering, and one point I would suggest, is everyone in the box at corners leaving us with no out ball.

:rofl:

Levein is interfering, but if he's not interfering why not? Damned if he does damned if he doesn't.

Lincon Premier

Levein is interfering, but if he's not interfering why not? Damned if he does damned if he doesn't.

Laugh if you like but either way I could still be right. Either he was interfering and has now stepped back, or he wasn't interfering and now is. Win, win for me and egg on your face.

Laugh if you like but either way I could still be right. Either he was interfering and has now stepped back, or he wasn't interfering and now is. Win, win for me and egg on your face.

Weird analysis

Off the chart bonkers.

I think i may need a drink to follow this.....

This was always going to be a great thread......for comedy purposes !

99% of this season's threads will prove themself to be the same moving forward.

What if he was interfering and still is or wasn't interfering and still isn't? Does that make it a win, win, win, win [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlphonseCapone

Since when did performance matter when you get 3 points?

So what if we didn't play as well in the 2nd half, we won. We won't play well every game, never have. Celtic don't either but they consistently get 3 points regardless and that's why they cruise the league.

Some folk have embarrassed themselves this season, just admit you were wrong and move on. We are all Hearts fans and we should all currently be happy.

Quit the bullshit about performances though, points win prizes, performance is the chronic chat of the 'football intellectual'. When you are a fan, you just want to win.

Jambof3tornado

Pushing for a winner in the last minute, is not settling for a draw as you would indicate .

I said it was petering out for a draw. I didnt say we stopped trying but we created little.

I said it was petering out for a draw. I didnt say we stopped trying but we created little.

Created enough to win.

Not sure what your point is?

I started this thread more in the hope we would do well and give us a boost after such a tough start. It didn't look good after the Euro and cup game but a win against Hamilton and we should be gaining confidence. Long way to go but we are no longer playing catch up. Sevco had an easy start ( it was the computer that picked the fixtures ) and have the tic in a couple of weeks. so a win against Hamilton will put us in second. Unfortunately this will put us firmly in the sights of dodgy decisions.

There's good potential in this team.

I could see this from the Celtic game so no surprise we've done okay in league since.

But it's early. As others say better to wait a few more games. But winning at this stage of season is good.

See what next few games bring.

We created very little and we really weren't very good. The discernible difference, though, is that at the end we were still going forward and trying to win the match, as indeed were Partick, so I don't agree that the match was petering out. We got the break, they didn't. At almost any point between last October/November and the end of the season, we would have been trying to shut up shop and preserve the point. Who knows, maybe the message is actually getting through that we'll be more successful if we have a go?

Space Mackerel

I thought Thistle made it difficult 2nd half by being organised at the back. Time and time again shots hit defenders or the odd player for us.

We created very little and we really weren't very good. The discernible difference, though, is that at the end we were still going forward and trying to win the match, as indeed were Partick, so I don't agree that the match was petering out. We got the break, they didn't. At almost any point between last October/November and the end of the season, we would have been trying to shut up shop and preserve the point. Who knows, maybe the message is actually getting through that we'll be more successful if we have a go?

Or that we now have the players to do so with more confidence.

Or that we now have the players to do so with more confidence.

Which Premiership teams did we not have the players to be confident in having a go against last season?

Rabbie_Burns

How absolutely bizarre...

Getintaethem

Which Premiership teams did we not have the players to be confident in having a go against last season?

To be fair, after Sow left we had very limited attacking options last season. The forwards weren't doing enough and that meant we were constantly finding ourselves on the back foot. I'm not convinced it was a conscious decision last season to adopt what some people see as an overly defensive approach, we were lacking up front and had to rely on our defensive abilities to get through games. Made for some eye bleeding and frustrating games to watch.

This has been our first opportunity to replace Sow and it looks to me that the management team have done a good job in that regard. We have now been able to create lots more chances and push for the full ninety minutes to get goals, rather than hanging on by our fingernails like last season.

To be fair, after Sow left we had very limited attacking options last season. The forwards weren't doing enough and that meant we were constantly finding ourselves on the back foot. I'm not convinced it was a conscious decision last season to adopt what some people see as an overly defensive approach, we were lacking up front and had to rely on our defensive abilities to get through games. Made for some eye bleeding and frustrating games to watch.

This has been our first opportunity to replace Sow and it looks to me that the management team have done a good job in that regard. We have now been able to create lots more chances and push for the full ninety minutes to get goals, rather than hanging on by our fingernails like last season.

The Sow argument would have some validity if the start of the cautious approach had coincided with his transfer - but it didn't. Dundee at home, Killie at home, hanging on to a half-time lead against the worst Dundee Utd team in living memory during the festive period - all before the transfer window. And we brought in a guy to replace Sow who had played at a very decent level in the Netherlands and proceeded to shell the ball at him from our own half. Eye-bleeding it certainly was, and in my view unnecessarily so.

We 'had a go' plenty.

What we didn't do or couldn't sustain was a high intensity pressing game more often than not.

We discussed it on here that it seemed that Robbie often said before or after games that we needed to play at a faster pace or press more but we hadn't done it.

Seems fairly clear that this was because the personnel wasn't quite right.

Cowie was hampered by injury. Kitchen was new to the team. Juanma was given the season to buy into it but largely didn't and Duada just didn't properly click.

That couple with Sow leaving, and Sam being out of form I think led to us playing more cautiously.

We were still 3rd with a great points return and goals for and against column. Hardly a bad season.

It's already like night and day this season and its down to the players we now have.

Yoi can see already with The Rangers that it isn't that easy to replicate an swashbuckling style of play from the Championship to the SPL and what nearly everyone on here always forgets is that there are two teams on the pitch.

Are SPL teams generally good football teams? No.

But can they organise, huff, puff and cancel other teams out? - yes a lot of the time they can, especially with 4 games a season to suss it all out.

Getintaethem

The Sow argument would have some validity if the start of the cautious approach had coincided with his transfer - but it didn't. Dundee at home, Killie at home, hanging on to a half-time lead against the worst Dundee Utd team in living memory during the festive period - all before the transfer window. And we brought in a guy to replace Sow who had played at a very decent level in the Netherlands and proceeded to shell the ball at him from our own half. Eye-bleeding it certainly was, and in my view unnecessarily so.

Good points, although I'd argue the Dundee actually played very well against us that day. Fair enough the Killie game was poor. The Dundee Utd game was a case of us thinking we had it won and not performing professionally, I think lessons were learnt that day.

I think the overly defensive thing is a bit of a red herring, even if Nielson was over cautious last season then I see no signs of it now. We scored late yesterday, missed a great chance in the final minutes against Aberdeen and got caught on the break while pushing for a winner against Celtic. There's no doubt in my mind we are trying to win games rather than settling for draws.

As for our Duada, very good player in my opinion. We only got glimpses of it though as he took a while to settle, didn't really get the service but didn't really give us the pace and link up play Sow had and Watt now supplies.

We were third top goalscorers in the league last season with the second best defensive record. Even in the early stages of this season, only Celtic have scored more and nobody has conceded less. That doesn't suggest over caution to me.

2nd half we were crap.

7 attempts in a row. Not crap.

I also love that the opposition are completely ignored when considering our performance. There are no mugs in this league particularly on the road.

7 attempts in a row. Not crap.

I also love that the opposition are completely ignored when considering our performance. There are no mugs in this league particularly on the road.

Correct.

It's an often used phrase but Thistle did set themselves up to stifle us. Came out their shell a bit more in the second half granted, but as you say, no mugs.

Arthur Morgan

Just admit it, you've had a shocker here :lol:

Archived