***Official Stirling Albion v Hearts U20 Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

It's next Tuesday in the Irn Bru Cup, but I'm bumping this early because it's a unique game. A competitive one, obviously, so does this count as a first team debut for the lads who will be playing?

Who will be in our team and how do we think they'll do? Are Albion still really awful?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's next Tuesday in the Irn Bru Cup, but I'm bumping this early because it's a unique game. A competitive one, obviously, so does this count as a first team debut for the lads who will be playing?

Who will be in our team and how do we think they'll do? Are Albion still really awful?

Hardly anyone left there all out on loan.

Hardly anyone left there all out on loan.

Steady. I think Lewis Moore is the only u20 out on loan.

I'm assuming if we play a 19 year old for the U20's, he will be ineligible for the first team in the League Cup.

Like U20 league games will we be allowed to play 4/5 over aged senior players?

Jambof3tornado

I'm assuming if we play a 19 year old for the U20's, he will be ineligible for the first team in the League Cup.

Why?

Jambof3tornado

Like U20 league games will we be allowed to play 4/5 over aged senior players?

Doubt it.

Footballfirst

I don't hold out much hope for the youngsters. The side will likely be weakened by Aaron Reid, Andy Irving and Anthony McDonald all having been called up for Scotland U17 duty for a tournament in Serbia.

There is also a question mark over the involvement of Jamie Brandon after he was sent off in a "friendly" at Kelty. If it was reported as violent conduct by the ref then he could be facing a two game ban.

Of the first team squad, only Zanatta and Godinho are eligible. Whether or not they are allowed to play is a different question.

Jambof3tornado

Not sure why the welsh and irish sides get to jump in later on?

Part of the purpose of this competition is to set up cross border matches.......

Massive prize for winning of ?17 grand!

Jambof3tornado

I don't hold out much hope for the youngsters. The side will likely be weakened by Aaron Reid, Andy Irving and Anthony McDonald all having been called up for Scotland U17 duty for a tournament in Serbia.

There is also a question mark over the involvement of Jamie Brandon after he was sent off in a "friendly" at Kelty. If it was reported as violent conduct by the ref then he could be facing a two game ban.

Of the first team squad, only Zanatta and Godinho are eligible. Whether or not they are allowed to play is a different question.

I dont see why Dario and Marcus wouldnt be allowed to play to be honest. I think it will be men against boys for the most part and can see the cup winners being non scottish given the leg up they are getting.

No extra cash if your game is on the telly either......another superb bit of negotiation by donkeycaster.

Jambof3tornado

Is this an under 20s cup?

No. Its the revamped petrofac but this season the top flight u20s plus some highland lowland welsh and northern irish league teams are involved.

tartofmidlothian

Steady. I think Lewis Moore is the only u20 out on loan.

Todorov too?

Hearts Heritage

The game is a 'First XI' game for Stirling but an under 20s for Hearts.

It is in the same category as reserve games during WWII in the North Eastern Division and North Eastern League Cup

e.g. In 1945 Aberdeen won the North Eastern League Cup

Hearts A got to the Final

Sat 19-May-1945    R1-L1    Heart of Midlothian A    3    0    Dundee
Sat 26-May-1945    R1-L2    Dundee    3    2    Heart of Midlothian A agg 3-5

Sat 09-Jun-1945    SF-L1    Heart of Midlothian A    1    2    Rangers A
Sat 16-Jun-1945    SF-L2    Rangers A    0    2    Heart of Midlothian A agg 2-3

Sat 23-Jun-1945    F-L1    Aberdeen    3    3    Heart of Midlothian A
Sat 30-Jun-1945    F-L2    Heart of Midlothian A    0    1    Aberdeen agg 3-4

Aberdeen games count as First XI Hearts do not.

Not sure why the welsh and irish sides get to jump in later on?

Part of the purpose of this competition is to set up cross border matches.......

Massive prize for winning of ?17 grand!

Well - it IS under 20....!

LarrysRightFoot

Hope to feck Stirling Albion aren't as good as Kelty Hearts.

The Beanos might do alright this season. Made one or two decent signings - Blair Henderson has hit the ground running.

Looking forward to seeing how we do. Good experience for them and could have slight financial benefits for the club.

Jambof3tornado

Looking forward to seeing how we do. Good experience for them and could have slight financial benefits for the club.

There are no financial benefits to this cup.

?780 worth of strathmore bottled water from Barrs and a ?4k travel allowance if we play outwith scotland.

There are no financial benefits to this cup.

?780 worth of strathmore bottled water from Barrs and a ?4k travel allowance if we play outwith scotland.

Surely we still get 50% of gate receipts plus prize money if we progress?

Might be talking only a few thousand for each but that could cover a few players wages for a week.

Jambof3tornado

Surely we still get 50% of gate receipts plus prize money if we progress?

Might be talking only a few thousand for each but that could cover a few players wages for a week.

Hardly a moneyspinner like the cup replay though.

letsalldothebeattie

Genuinely think this will be a tough night for the Wee Jambos. Albion have made a good start to the league cup sitting 2nd in a group with St Johnstone & Falkirk and could go through with a positive result today against Saints. Wouldn't surprise me if they put a few past our youngsters on tuesday

Jambof3tornado

Genuinely think this will be a tough night for the Wee Jambos. Albion have made a good start to the league cup sitting 2nd in a group with St Johnstone & Falkirk and could go through with a positive result today against Saints. Wouldn't surprise me if they put a few past our youngsters on tuesday

I totally agree. A real men v boys match with our lads given a real hard lesson.

Not convinced by this new format at all.

letsalldothebeattie

I totally agree. A real men v boys match with our lads given a real hard lesson.

Not convinced by this new format at all.

Neither am I seems a strange set up especially bringing in the Welsh & Irish sides

LarrysRightFoot

Neither am I seems a strange set up especially bringing in the Welsh & Irish sides

It's something different. It's fresh. No harm in experimenting with the format and teams.

I think it's good and positive.

If it doesn't work what harm will have been done? Nothing ventured nothing gained.

letsalldothebeattie

It's something different. It's fresh. No harm in experimenting with the format and teams.

If it doesn't work what harm will have been done? Nothing ventured nothing gained.

I agree its fresh and I'm all for change in the game if its good for our game. I don't see why they couldn't open it up to more Lowland & Highland League sides and maybe Juniors too, would've created more excitement.

Jambof3tornado

U20s teams will struggle in my opinion.

Are fans of the supposed big clubs really going to turn out for this?

Obviously Rangers had big crowds last season but would they have had had it been their U20s? Also, IF we got to the final would we bother going? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gone had we reached the final during our Championship season.

Also, I see that Celtic's game v Annan (?) is on tv in midweek. Yet more money thrown at the OF!

Jambof3tornado

Are fans of the supposed big clubs really going to turn out for this?

Obviously Rangers had big crowds last season but would they have had had it been their U20s? Also, IF we got to the final would we bother going? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gone had we reached the final during our Championship season.

Also, I see that Celtic's game v Annan (?) is on tv in midweek. Yet more money thrown at the OF!

No extra for televised matches.

tartofmidlothian

The ticket prices are surely an incentive:

• Adults & Concessions (OAPs/Students) - ?5
  • Under 16s - ?2
  • Under 12s ? Free

Jambof3tornado

<p>

The ticket prices are surely an incentive:

• Adults & Concessions (OAPs/Students) - ?5
  • Under 16s - ?2
  • Under 12s ? Free
Excellent prices indeed and 6 minutes drive from my house!!

Footballfirst

I'm guessing that Aaron Reid and Andy Irving may have been pulled out of the Scotland U17 squad currently playing in Hungary, so may be available to play on Tuesday. I say that after seeing a photo of the Scots starting line-up for today's game which they won 2-1 against Serbia.  There is no sign of Reid or Irving, but Chris Hamilton (No. 13) is there, so must have been a late replacement.  The Scots lost their opening game to Hungary 5-1.  They now play the Czech Republic on Wednesday.

CoytrCLWAAA9jyq.jpg

Jambof3tornado

I'm hoping its as good a squad as we can squeeze out but feel the binos will just be too strong for us.

john brownlee

I'm guessing that Aaron Reid and Andy Irving may have been pulled out of the Scotland U17 squad currently playing in Hungary, so may be available to play on Tuesday. I say that after seeing a photo of the Scots starting line-up for today's game which they won 2-1 against Serbia. There is no sign of Reid or Irving, but Chris Hamilton (No. 13) is there, so must have been a late replacement. The Scots lost their opening game to Hungary 5-1. They now play the Czech Republic on Wednesday.

CoytrCLWAAA9jyq.jpg

the front row look as if they are about to keek

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Budgie's Boyfriend

the front row look as if they are about to keek

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who needs chairs...Shocking photo 

Jambof3tornado

Who needs chairs...Shocking photo

Hardly shocking.

Quick photo taken before a match, nothing more nothing less.

We_are_the_Hearts

Hardly shocking.

Quick photo taken before a match, nothing more nothing less.

Was thinking that myself. Let's get the chairs and selfie sticks out a minute beofre the match is going to start lol...........

Stirling 11/8 on Sky Bet,that is a very tempting price, under 20s are 13/8.

Some good prices for senior teams. Difficult to call at this stage of the season though. I've gone:-

STIRLING v Hearts u20

CLYDE v Partick u20

Inverness u20 v ARBROATH

Ross County u20 v BRORA

Pays 78/1 :)

Some good prices for senior teams. Difficult to call at this stage of the season though. I've gone:-

STIRLING v Hearts u20

CLYDE v Partick u20

Inverness u20 v ARBROATH

Ross County u20 v BRORA

Pays 78/1 :)

Forgot to add QUEENS PARK v Killie u20

Jambof3tornado

Anyone else heading along tonight?

I've had a wee look at their squad and dont see many recognisable names, but I do think the gap between our 17 to 19 year olds and grown men may be too much.

Hope I'm wrong.

Archived