Birkirkara v FC Krasnodar

LarrysRightFoot

LarrysRightFoot

3 - 0 away win.

A lesson in being ruthless. Would have been a really tough tie had we went through.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Birkarkara are a pub team and we embarrassed ourselves, simple as that. Agree with your second point though.

loveofthegame

No Birkarkara are a pub team and we embarrassed ourselves, simple as that. Agree with your second point though.

About right

Should have been us.

Still kicking myself that I spent this evening at home rather than under the floodlights at tynecastle watching us play Krasnodar.

Always next year

3 - 0 away win.

A lesson in being ruthless. Would have been a really tough tie had we went through.

Interesting to see how far Krasnodar go. Watched a bit of it tonight and they had plenty to spare IMO

Nelly Terraces

Krasnodar aren't "on a journey" like we apparently though. What a bunch of losers.

Nelly Terraces

Just goes to show that if you have a go at a pub team, you can usually get a result.

Birkikara proved that last week mate.

Surprised Krasnodar managed to break down the well drilled and highly organised waiters on their own patch. Three times.

A suggestion there of what Hearts might have been in for. Krasnodar's owner is worth ?6.5 billion and has invested in the side.

Two years ago Krasnodar got to the group stages after beating Real Sociedad in qualifiers. Last season they got to the group stage for the 2nd year in a row and won it. They beat Dortmund at home and won 4 of the 5 games. They finished 3rd and 4th in the Russian league in the last 2 years. They're quite good.

Nelly Terraces

Jesus, are people still going on about us getting beat last week. Get over it and move on!

Cheers for the input Robbie.

Jesus, are people still going on about us getting beat last week. Get over it and move on!

This!!!

Krasnodar are a  professional team FFS.

I still whinge my tits off about 7-0 and Dens Park mate.Birkirkara has got plenty moan miles left in it yet

siegementality

This!!!

Krasnodar are a  professional team FFS.

Aren't we?

Surprised Krasnodar managed to break down the well drilled and highly organised waiters on their own patch. Three times.

Yeah isnt it just when you have a billionaire owner and a shed load of internationalists.

Yeah isnt it just when you have a billionaire owner and a shed load of internationalists.

Aye because you really need heavy investment and a bit of craft and guile and a few internationals to beat shitty little half arsed nobodies from the footballing Mecca that is Malta.

Not sure there would have been much shame shipping three goals at home to Krasnador.

I do know I felt shame at shipping two to that pile of garbage.....

That a team full of experienced and highly paid internationals only put three past them suggests that they aren't that bad a side.

Aye because you really need heavy investment and a bit of craft and guile and a few internationals to beat shitty little half arsed nobodies from the footballing Mecca that is Malta.

That wasnt the point though was it, the comments here are all on the "look what they did to a pub team" well they are miles better than us so its irrelevant and pointless to compare what they have done to what we failed to do.

That a team full of experienced and highly paid internationals only put three past them suggests that they aren't that bad a side.

How many do you reckon they would have put past us?

The Old Tolbooth

****ing hell [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

******* hell [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Let's not overstate how good Krasnodar are.. Although they are very good..

However Hearts would have still been in the tie after the first leg in my opinion.. I believe we would have got a draw or at worst a single goal defeat..

Unfortunately Robbie can't play on the front foot against weaker teams so we got pumped out by a Maltese team...

The Comedian

******* hell [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Make our draw in Malta all the more impressive.

:rofl:

Surely trolling no?

Arthur Morgan

Let's not overstate how good Krasnodar are.. Although they are very good..

However Hearts would have still been in the tie after the first leg in my opinion.. I believe we would have got a draw or at worst a single goal defeat..

Unfortunately Robbie can't play on the front foot against weaker teams so we got pumped out by a Maltese team...

We did in the Championship.

Stunned that the pub team got humped.

A pub team that beat West Ham, albeit a poor West Ham team at the time. I don't think we'd have fared any better. I also think we'd have been humped by Krasnodar, just as they were.

But but but.......... what about the scorching temperatures?!?! And what about Birkirkara's anti football tactics which made it impossible for us to get anything from them?!?!

The Russians went there and won at a canter. Much the same as we should have.

Surely theres not STILL folk with their head in the sand after this tie?!?

The Comedian

But but but.......... what about the scorching temperatures?!?! And what about Birkirkara's anti football tactics which made it impossible for us to get anything from them?!?!

The Russians went there and won at a canter. Much the same as we should have.

Surely theres not STILL folk with their head in the sand after this tie?!?

I'm sure Krasnodar didn't mean to pump Malta's fourth best side, obviously the manager didn't get across that it's meant to be about not losing in Europe.

Surely trolling no?

I would never do such a thing. All of my posts on here are deadly serious.

The Treasurer

Why all the pant wetting about this result ?

It happens all the time in cup competitions, a wee club gets an unexpected win against a bigger club and then gets humped in the following round.

maroonnicky63

rubbish chances alone it could have been 4 or 5 that happens sometimes , get over it

maroonnicky63

Why all the pant wetting about this result ?

It happens all the time in cup competitions, a wee club gets an unexpected win against a bigger club and then gets humped in the following round.

spot on mate , some fans on here are still harping on, get a life

Lets not beat about the bush. Hearts are absolutely honking at the moment and our preparation was amateurish.

Last week's result was a ****ing disgrace and an embarrassment to Scottish football.

spot on mate , some fans on here are still harping on, get a life

We are harping on because we care. If you want to accept shocking results like that then that's fine. Although it's defeatist attitudes like yours which will ensure we are always happy to settle for 2nd best.

KineticBeat

Krasnodar would probably have spanked us 3-0 at Tynie so don't know where the uproar is coming from.

Geoff Kilpatrick

A pub team that beat West Ham, albeit a poor West Ham team at the time. I don't think we'd have fared any better. I also think we'd have been humped by Krasnodar, just as they were.

We once beat Bayern Munich. Do you think that scared our opponents?

Mr Brightside

People do realise that Russia has summers a that are hotter than Scotland and heat probably not a factor.

I was peed off last week but looking back altough we didn't play great we were unlucky over the 2 legs to not go through. Dubious offside decision and hit the bar away. Miss a penalty and hit bar twice at home, plus other chances.

The penalty miss at home was a game changer, score that and we would have won comfortably.

Krasnodar would probably have spanked us 3-0 at Tynie so don't know where the uproar is coming from.

I could accept losing to them if we had a go.  I can't accept losing to a Maltese pub team.

This! Birkarkara are a terrible football team and it was shameful that they knowcked us out.

If we had been beaten by Krasnodar then I think most would have accepted it. What we are not willing to accept is getting beat at home from an unseeded club from Malta who are worse than some Scottish League 1 sides.

Its also cost us a couple of hundered grand by not getting into the 3rd round qualifying.

Archived