Griffiths in trouble for punch last night ?

jambovambo

Heartsmad1874

If the referee deals with it in play thats the end of it, Unless Uefa want to take retrospective action but i doubt it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Auld Reekin'

A stronger ref would've sent him off. Bad example for his teeming hordes of kids.    FTFY

If he's not in trouble for it, he certainly should be.

The Treasurer

If the referee deals with it in play thats the end of it, Unless Uefa want to take retrospective action but i doubt it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

UEFA deal with them  in a completely different way from the SPFL or the gFA. (ie fairly).

If they watch the footage it's clear the ref wasn't looking when the punch was thrown, so they may want to take further action.

The Treasurer

I'm not sure he even made contact with the face area.

doesn't have to, the intent was clearly there.

maroonnicky63

A stronger ref would've sent him off. Bad example for his kids.

i hate comments like this , so ever player who has been involved in confrontation like this are a bad example to their kids , All players get frustrated some can control themselves while others struggle doesn't mean you are letting your kids down or you are a bad dad

gorgie rd eh11

He had a boot at a boy in the first couple of minutes. Brown also stood on an Astana players ankle. It's what they do.

Isnt that what the compliance officer is for? To make sure the right decisions are made?

The ref clearly never seen the full extent so the compliance officer should be able to take retrospective pubishment

Isnt that what the compliance officer is for? To make sure the right decisions are made?

The ref clearly never seen the full extent so the compliance officer should be able to take retrospective pubishment

It's a European game, compliance officer has no authority.

maroonlegions

i hate comments like this , so ever player who has been involved in confrontation like this are a bad example to their kids , All players get frustrated some can control themselves while others struggle doesn't mean you are letting your kids down or you are a bad dad

Throwing a punch at someone instead of showing maturity of age and responsibility it brings is not a great example to be setting to young fans is it. :uhoh2:

When I first looked at it, I only thought it was a push. However, after the slow mo, it is obvious that he did swing a punch.

Tbf I've seen a lot worse.

To be honest there isn't much in that. It's a bit of handbags and the defender hits the ground like he's been shot.

If someone in the street punched you like that, you'd barely even stagger.

Granted he shouldn't be doing it, but probably should have booked them both.

Captain America

Hopefully he doesn't miss next game as I would imagine their players would be out for revenge. 

Wee injury making him miss the League opener wouldn't be a bad thing. 

Seymour M Hersh

He had a boot at a boy in the first couple of minutes. Brown also stood on an Astana players ankle. It's what they do.

They don't usually get away with it Europe. 

I'm not sure he even made contact with the face area.

From behind the goal it does look like he punched side of face/ear. Im not sure why he only got booked though - it is either a red card of nothing (IMO).

A scottish ref would have booked player for diving.

If this wasn't Griffiths would there be the same calls for a red. He hasn't punched him . It's pushing and shoving and he's booked. May look sinister if your looking for it to be .

Archived